Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shinjobi posted:

I did not like Petals to the Metal but I seriously loved Crystal Kingdom

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person here who actually enjoyed Crystal Kingdom. Glad to know I'm not. Like, I enjoy every arc to some extent, but I feel like Crystal Kingdom and 11th Hour were the show at its best, while everything else was more or less "the show finding its stride" or "serious endgame stuff".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this is the unofficial Brian David Gilbert thread right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZy8BbMz_U

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

my TAZ hot take is that the back half of Petals to the Metal is more of a slog than The Suffering Game, as someone who got to binge through both

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

y'all no one has talked about fanfiction.net in like 15 years

how dare you, I have it tattooed on my rear end

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

AO3 won a Hugo, it's not like fan fiction is dead or anything

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

AndrewP posted:

Between this and teaching me how to be my own boss and make $20k every month by being my own boss, I'm liking the direction BDG is taking.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I liked the video but I don''t think he pulled off the horror quite as well as the be your own boss video. But yes he should keep making videos like that and eventually just make a horror movie.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
BDG horror reminds me a lot of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared in the way that it presents itself as something else kind of wholesome that spirals into madness. I'm very into it.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Soup du Jour posted:

my TAZ hot take is that the back half of Petals to the Metal is more of a slog than The Suffering Game, as someone who got to binge through both

Honestly it’s the only time I feel like they were invested more in the gameplay itself than the story so I can understand why that part would be divisive

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Like a lot of people suffering game is where Balance lost me for a bit although on a re-listen it's not bad, just seemed at the time there were a lot of delays and missed weeks and episodes where not much happened.

TBH I think Rockport is probably my favorite because they were still cognizant it was a comedy podcast. When Balance was good it was really really good. The THB questioning Jenkins and him having an in character mental breakdown about his voice sold me on the podcast.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

AndrewP posted:

Correct. The official BDG thread is the Polygon thread.

Even though he doesn't work there anymore.

Because there's nothing else worth talking about in regards to Polygon anymore.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Correct. The official BDG thread is the Polygon thread.

Even though he doesn't work there anymore.

Because there's nothing else worth talking about in regards to Polygon anymore.

yeah this more appropriate as a thread for major talents that outgrew Polygon and left them in the dust

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Poor Patrick

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

11 thousand people apparently on the livestream atm. Kinda wild to actually think about

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
gently caress. I refreshed the page and now it's asking me to buy tickets again.
Is there a more exact URL for the video than https://live.themcelroy.family/ ?

(Also said more exact URL can't be used to pirate it right? I actually did buy tickets!)

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

Captain France posted:

gently caress. I refreshed the page and now it's asking me to buy tickets again.
Is there a more exact URL for the video than https://live.themcelroy.family/ ?

(Also said more exact URL can't be used to pirate it right? I actually did buy tickets!)

I'm having the same issue. Judging by Twitter it looks like lots of people are

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I logged in and refreshed the page earlier and that sorted it out.

Also, Clint's display saying MySpace MySpace is just amazing

Captions are a great idea

Numbuh 212
Feb 19, 2013

I just refreshed again and got in, so try again if you can't

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Numbuh 212 posted:

I just refreshed again and got in, so try again if you can't

Yeah it just worked.
I guess I'll see what I missed later, they don't seem to be too far in.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus, now I know why it's so tough to curse a real sword

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Blockhouse posted:

On my end if it was just a bunch of contextless jokes without any character or story I probably would not have liked Balance or Amnesty

There's a middle ground where they can build up fun characters and have entertaining and funny interactions without having to go through really awkward, drawn-out drama.

If Babish and other internet people can go on Hot Ones, the McElroys certainly qualify. They need more exposure beyond bit voice acting roles if they're going to try to keep get things like TV shows out there.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

SpacePig posted:

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person here who actually enjoyed Crystal Kingdom. Glad to know I'm not. Like, I enjoy every arc to some extent, but I feel like Crystal Kingdom and 11th Hour were the show at its best, while everything else was more or less "the show finding its stride" or "serious endgame stuff".

Idk whether it was from listening to it in my loud workplace or accumulated hearing loss from my loud workplace but I couldn't understand a word of the vocaloid singing bullshit in Crystal Kingdom and didn't even know there was lyrics until Griffin acknowledged that a lot of people were asking for them. I still like CK but I wonder if actually being able to hear the songs would have made it my favorite.

As it stands though, I think the show found its stride back in Rockport Limited of three morons saving the world mostly by accident and generous funding.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Some things about Crystal Kingdom really worked and some things didn’t feel like they did so much. Them completely failing to do the Hodgepodge puzzle for a prolonged period of time (and I’m still not sure Griffin didn’t just dm someone the answer or something) is one of the funniest moments in all of Balance though

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

we were robbed of more boyland

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Reaverbot posted:

Some things about Crystal Kingdom really worked and some things didn’t feel like they did so much. Them completely failing to do the Hodgepodge puzzle for a prolonged period of time (and I’m still not sure Griffin didn’t just dm someone the answer or something) is one of the funniest moments in all of Balance though

What's the highest prime number?

Hodgepodge: It's up there.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Balance started slow but picked up well and, while I can't say all the decisions made were great, I genuinely enjoyed it for the vast duration. I have no problem with melodramatic speeches or wild acting choices in moderation. The finale was kind of wonky, but I found it satisfying nonetheless. Guess I'm in the minority, though.

Even Graduation is ~ok~, though I don't think anyone could disagree with the statement that Griffin is better behind the wheel than Travis.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
They should just be trying to find some of the weirdest backwater RPGs to one shot instead of trying to repeat Balance over and over. SuperNormal was a delight by comparison to their normal stuff.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/onIyZ88.gifv
source

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
The remix of the Frasier theme in the new ep rips

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm surprised to learn that we are the villians of Space Jam 2000.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
They really do gotta drop the sexpert part.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If there's an end in sight, I haven't seen it.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

How's the munch squad this week?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The sexpert line is only worth keeping because they have to hear their dad say it at live shows

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope the McElroys guest on the Rugrats reboot.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tears In A Vial posted:

How's the munch squad this week?

It's only a short munchsquad and they don't read any ad copy without commentary so it's legit a huge improvement, like I'm very impressed how much it makes the episode better

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The public apology to Travis for being mean to him is also a very nice moment.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wait did they actually re-cast Chris Evans as Buzz Lightyear? What the hell did I miss in Toy Story 4?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

C-Euro posted:

Wait did they actually re-cast Chris Evans as Buzz Lightyear? What the hell did I miss in Toy Story 4?

https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/1337204197641629696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

WHAT THE gently caress