Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

the sex ghost posted:

That one tweet about how the cast of Hamilton should go into the public gallery and sing at trump while he have a speech so he would learn the error of his ways

aaron sorkin his own fuckin dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1270416646532771841

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
oh my god it's shogo kawada

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

exmarx posted:

jordan peterson became a massive harry potter fan during rehab

Well that tracks from what I know of both of them.

Jordan peterson's love of soviet realist propaganda or whatever

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol didn't pence go to see Hamilton and the cast started heckling him until he left?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol didn't pence go to see Hamilton and the cast started heckling him until he left?

no it's even worse than that, they did a succdem "please sir, think of the country" unscripted message

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
yeah he got booed by the audience before the show but the cast only gave him poo poo after the curtain call lol

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
and then everyone clapped, literally

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Hamilton is fine as a show but the hype and internet culture surrounding it is obnoxious

The worst part of the show is Lin Manuel's performance, you're better off skipping it on Disney+ and seeing a tour group. Every touring cast member is better than the original cast with the excpetion of Daveed Diggs and Renée Elise Goldsberry (Lafayette/Jefferson and Angelica) who are tough to replace because the parts were basically written for them.

smoobles has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Mar 7, 2021

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

smoobles posted:

hamilton is fine as a show but the hype and internet culture surrounding it is obnoxious

I’m not sure valorizing and whitewashing (as in the original term) actual slave owners and rapists is “fine”

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I’m not sure valorizing and whitewashing (as in the original term) actual slave owners and rapists is “fine”

Oh

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have friends whose sons have multiple Hamilton inspired t-shirts with big lyrical passages printed on them.

I hadn't seen it or heard it and I once made a joke about his shirt and his mom was absolutely flabbergasted that I didn't get the reference.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
theater is a very big part of my life - i see a ton of shows every year, read a lot of plays, keep tabs on the industry etc - so people are always shocked when i say i never had any interest in seeing hamilton

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Alexander Hamilton is a dork

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm sorry but i cant relate to being able to listen to that rapping grandma poo poo without your ears loving bleeding, even if it werent whitewashing it's incredibly loving lame.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Lin-Manuel Miranda will always be the rapping roommate from House MD to me

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/1350472974915280898

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Aaron Burr's only true failing in life was not shooting more founding fathers to be honest. He should've smoked Jefferson too while he was his VP.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Thump! posted:

Aaron Burr's only true failing in life was not shooting more founding fathers to be honest. He should've smoked Jefferson too while he was his VP.

:hmmyes:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

:allears:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ok so, just update Hamilton so it's the exact same show, but at the very end Burr says "this is for slavery!" and kills all the founding fathers like the end of Inglourious Basterds.

Fake blood spraying on the audience GWAR style would be a nice touch too.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
If you want to die watch the rhyming episode of how I met your mother featuring lin manuel

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Thump! posted:

lol they cast a fuckin black guy as Thomas Jefferson

Really Hamilton in general, just wtf is that succy poo poo

When before Hamilton was even big Fox News had a flurry of articles about how racist the casting call was for going for a non-white cast

As if theres such a thing as a non racist casting call

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

gently caress SNEEP posted:

maybe but the government stepped on a rake every time it tried to do public finance differently from what he had proposed

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Saudi Arabia threatening to 9/11 Canada via tweet

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

when the entire democratic establishment promised 2k if they won Georgia then won it and immediately walked it back

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm sorry but i cant relate to being able to listen to that rapping grandma poo poo without your ears loving bleeding, even if it werent whitewashing it's incredibly loving lame.

yeah the songs just suck real bad

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

the first time i heard hamilton lyrics i was genuinely, deeply convinced that the person singing them was joking

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

actual lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

immortal technique chucked lin in the garbage

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

immortal technique chucked lin in the garbage

he never really left that garbage can. you can tell by how all of miranda's work still belongs in the trash. it's truly a chilling tale.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he never really left that garbage can. you can tell by how all of miranda's work still belongs in the trash. it's truly a chilling tale.

the songs in Moana were good

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Flavius Aetass posted:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

he must have a really good agent because from 2014-2016 we hit a period of Peak Miranda where he was being shoved into every TV show (cameos in HIMYM, Modern Family, etc)

his music is fine but I can see why we all collectively got sick of him and ejected him

doing songs onstage for Hillary was a lol and secured him succdem status for life

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
The piss tape

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Flavius Aetass posted:

h was the stuff he created when plugged into the Disney musical apparatus which consistently puts out absolute gold good, as opposed to every single other thing he’s ever put out? wow that’s shocking

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

hamilton has good songs

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

oh my god it's shogo kawada

holy poo poo

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

indigi posted:

h was the stuff he created when plugged into the Disney musical apparatus which consistently puts out absolute gold good, as opposed to every single other thing he’s ever put out? wow that’s shocking

i'm just saying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
tim kane in the membrain