Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/1368349719546662912?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Platystemon posted:

There are black British nobles, and I have no doubt that they are treated worse than the white ones.

They’re still better-off than commoners, though.

Neat, we had a black president but your thing is pretty cool too I guess

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Flesh Forge posted:

it can be argued that snobbery is just highly inbred (somewhat literally, among the nobility) racism.

I'd say they definitely come from the same place.

Just that snobbery is just as happy sneering at people regardless of their skin colour.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

V. Illych L. posted:

my sympathy for markle and prince harry is extremely limited, but they do keep picking their enemies in such a way that i find myself rooting for them all the same

yea on one hand I truly do not care if the wealthy and famous actress got slightly snubbed by one of her fleet of servants and you can't make me think it's in any way on the level of what 99% of the black population in America and Europe faces...buuuuuuuut on the other it's making all these perverts angry about the honor of the pedophile cabal in charge of their TERF island so that kinda owns.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm sure that the british upper crust are viscerally uncomfortable on some level with guys like rishi sunak showing up, but the sunaks of the world are at least *real people* in a way that probably 99.9% of humanity fundamentally isn't

the upper classes are deeply hosed up for a variety of reasons, and the british in particular are abused into conforming with an ultra-weird world view

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm sure that the british upper crust are viscerally uncomfortable on some level with guys like rishi sunak showing up, but the sunaks of the world are at least *real people* in a way that probably 99.9% of humanity fundamentally isn't

the upper classes are deeply hosed up for a variety of reasons, and the british in particular are abused into conforming with an ultra-weird world view

he';s a billionaire op

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yes but he's also got a skin tone with a certain historical baggage

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

On one hand, they're almost right. The queen and the rest of the royals don't really care if Meghan Markle is black.

That's not to say they're not racist. Oh gently caress no. They're racist right down to their inbred haemophilic bones.

It's just that their racism plays a distant second fiddle to the one thing which truly guides their every moment - snobbery.

There was a story many years back when the princes first started dating and one of their girlfriends got the boot immediately after meeting ER because she used the word "bathroom" not "water closet" or something equally stupid. But it revealed she wasn't one of their 'class' and that just wasn't acceptable.

What about poo poo shack

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i don't pay attention to the uk media a ton so it was fun watching the press report then quickly suppress the story about william banging a bunch of women

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure the generally accepted story is that the royal family set the press on harry and megan (not that they needed much goading) to draw attention away from andrew being a nonce

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sexpig by night posted:

yea on one hand I truly do not care if the wealthy and famous actress got slightly snubbed by one of her fleet of servants and you can't make me think it's in any way on the level of what 99% of the black population in America and Europe faces...buuuuuuuut on the other it's making all these perverts angry about the honor of the pedophile cabal in charge of their TERF island so that kinda owns.

They're just straight up threatening her at this point

https://twitter.com/Sunshinedepriv1/status/1368559112448000001

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Don’t forget your mother’s “car crash,” dear. It would be dreadful if we had to endure another “tragic” “accident.”

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

More Penny Junor: (xpost from PYF Tweets)
https://twitter.com/THISisLULE/status/1368324937161801732

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the dedicated palace reporters for british papers like the daily mail are probably some of the worst people on earth

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

christmas boots posted:

lol this loving owns, I love how these people are so not used to ever having anyone question them they can't even do the typical sneaky mob boss shakedown language and instead just go for "HEY BITCH REMEMBER HOW WE HAD YOUR MOM KILLED??? THINK ABOUT IT!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure the generally accepted story is that the royal family set the press on harry and megan (not that they needed much goading) to draw attention away from andrew being a nonce

harry has been vocal about how much he hates the press on camera multiple times

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

christmas boots posted:

what mistake are they saying he made

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1368308273816932363

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

indigi posted:

talking

diana talked. andrew talked.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/tomwatson/status/1368570147397636097

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

having opinions

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

indigi posted:

Leaving the House of Windsor.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Me, rolling around in my new riches poured out onto my bed, which I have changed into dollar bills so that there is enough for me to roll around in:

“One point three months of rent, here I come!”

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

V. Illych L. posted:

my sympathy for markle and prince harry is extremely limited, but they do keep picking their enemies in such a way that i find myself rooting for them all the same

There have been class traitors from the nobility before and they tended to be good, so let’s see where this goes.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

also the fact that william is having (several?) affairs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Orange Devil posted:

There have been class traitors from the nobility before and they tended to be good, so let’s see where this goes.

airing family drama isn’t betraying their class by any reasonable definition

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

indigi posted:

airing family drama isn’t betraying their class by any reasonable definition

Yeah but I’m willing to give him time to get there.

Provisional back of the guillotine line is what I’m saying.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
eh Harry and Meghan have shown no desire to DO anything, it makes them the best royals because they want to just gently caress off to their mansion but let's not go crazy and say there's any signs of them actually using their obscene wealth to go against their own class interests and all.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

they've proven willing to bite at the british reactionary tabloids

sure, they're being self-serving, but just about anything that damages the sun and the mail is a net good

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

indigi posted:

being too independent

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'd say they definitely come from the same place.

Just that snobbery is just as happy sneering at people regardless of their skin colour.

so this did not age all that well in the past 24 hrs lol
e:
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1368739909368971265

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Mar 8, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Flesh Forge posted:

so this did not age all that well in the past 24 hrs lol
e:
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1368739909368971265

that's definitely grandpa phillip, not an official, and it's not in his top 100.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

not a hot take, the rebels thought they were finishing the english civil war

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Spangly A posted:

that's definitely grandpa phillip, not an official, and it's not in his top 100.

hmm yes I'm sure it's only the one very old guy who's about to die

anyway, really glad we have a guy in the bombardier's seat that can do it with class and dignity

https://twitter.com/allinthewhite/status/1368682166087913474

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/philly_bernie/status/1368755539837063169

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this is actually a completely accurate read of the american revolution, half their grievances were 'you're not applying english commonwealth law properly to us'.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
yeah, americans are just anglos taken to their logical telos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Spangly A posted:

Nah, gotta be Charles or William