Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
There's this video I can't find of I think a different school that had this middle aged tiny white guy just mag dumping into targets after like smacking it with his arm and he was trying to do like real life gun kata it seemed at time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I dunno. That sounds a lot like modern 3-gun to me, maybe minus the arm-smack.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

This will always be the high water mark for horrible “tactical” moves and I relish any chance that I get to share this video

https://youtu.be/1bm3GgDxPOM

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Internet Wizard posted:

There’s also the part where the military has a really hard time accepting people can excel at some things but not all things.

For example, in the Marines, running fast gets you more promotion points than technical proficiency, and it gets even worse when the person responsible for evaluating your proficiency and giving you points for that is either somebody from your MOS who got promoted by running fast, or somebody from outside your MOS who doesn’t understand that maybe a trilingual linguist is more valuable than a barely proficient ling who has a good PFT.

The military assumes that if you run fast that means you can lead, basically.

Or in the Navy where promotion is based entirely upon a combination of an arbitrary test that has at best maybe 10% to do with your actual job and bake sales.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This will always be the high water mark for horrible “tactical” moves and I relish any chance that I get to share this video

Holy poo poo he lets go of his gun and leaves it on the ground to do his mall ninja roll lmao I missed that detail

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh that reminds me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGKyhilGZWA

I literally knew this instructor personally.

I bought guns from him.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I meant to do that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Lmao the ego on that dude, it’s instinct for him to bullshit

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm Also 1000% not friends anymore so I'm fine roasting this dude.

He started really sleeving me out as I got more wary of people and have long since recognized libertarian / dogwhistle white nationalist poo poo that I wasn't picking up as a younger kid.

Later he got into "Jesus" after being an obnoxious atheist for years, saying poo poo like "america was always a christian republic".

Last I knew he did door to door sales after losing a big-time job at an outfitters.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 8, 2021

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm Also 1000% not friends anymore so I'm fine roasting this dude.

He started really sleeving me out as I got more wary of people and have long since recognized libertarian / dogwhistle white nationalist poo poo that I wasn't picking up as a younger kid.

Later he got into "Jesus" after being an obnoxious atheist for years, saying poo poo like "america was always a christian republic".

Last I knew he did door to door sales after losing a big-time job at an outfitters.

I think you mean skeeving but this might be some slang I don't know and I'm having a good morning and I'd rather not ruin it by going to urban dictionary

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I like when he says putting targets on rounds. Also when he was saying evacuate the front seat i though he meant jump into the back seat from the front not OPEN THE DOOR AND LEAVE THE VEHICLE TO GET BACK IN AND DO HIS HANGING ONE HANDED PISTOL SHOOTING FROM A THIRD GODDAMN DOOR HOLY gently caress

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
The idea is to make your truck look as big and intimidating as possible, in order to scare the bear into backing down.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Stravag posted:

I like when he says putting targets on rounds. Also when he was saying evacuate the front seat i though he meant jump into the back seat from the front not OPEN THE DOOR AND LEAVE THE VEHICLE TO GET BACK IN AND DO HIS HANGING ONE HANDED PISTOL SHOOTING FROM A THIRD GODDAMN DOOR HOLY gently caress

Hey, it's okay, it only took him long enough that someone could've mag dumped 4 whole mags into him and his truck.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The idea is to make your attacker scratch your head and go "wait, what the gently caress is that guy doi- ah, he got me"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Dance off, bro!

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I want to see this

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I seem to recall that there was a video from deadliest warrior or something of a 'spetsnaz' guy doing a bunch of drunk looking tactical somersaults in the open to demonstrate something spetznaz and I thought it must have been Sonny Puzikas after seeing that Twitter post but now I can't find the video so I'm not sure it wasn't a fever dream

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

In my 20's I stopped eating like poo poo and started exercising, and went from fat to decently fit pretty quickly. Coincidentally, a fad vibration plate gym opened up nearby at around the same time. I entertained the thought of crediting my success to that place in exchange for generous kickbacks, but my wife talked me out of it (also it probably wouldn't have looked good on a SSBI).

All that to say, some of those tactical hacks know they're idiots but don't care because they're getting paid. The rest probably started that way but got high on their own farts and sheepdog memes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If you're going to do stupid gymnastics with guns at least make it choreographed.

https://i.imgur.com/bgcbWrZ.mp4

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Collateral Damage posted:

If you're going to do stupid gymnastics with guns at least make it choreographed.

Lmao this loving rules

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
These guys give me serious Steven Seagal vibes. Not "badass Under Siege SEAL that breaks dudes necks" vibes, more like "loudmouth who challenged a judo master, got choked out and poo poo his pants" vibes.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Blazing Saddles sequel coming along i see..

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Godholio posted:

Dance off, bro!

Me and you!

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
We're building up to a Space Force Guardians joke, aren't we?

The idiocy there is the simple fact that the Space Force exists, and picked "Guardians" as their term for folks.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Wild T posted:

We're building up to a Space Force Guardians joke, aren't we?

The idiocy there is the simple fact that the Space Force exists, and picked "Guardians" as their term for folks.

Ooooh child...things aren’t going to get easier :twisted:

:smith:

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

I think this would pair very well with the Oompa Loompa song.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wild T posted:

These guys give me serious Steven Seagal vibes. Not "badass Under Siege SEAL that breaks dudes necks" vibes, more like "loudmouth who challenged a judo master, got choked out and poo poo his pants" vibes.

I’ll take you to the blood bank because you’re hemorrhaging massively after I tried to show off my cool ninja roll with a loaded gun and I really don’t want to go to prison

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wimp Lo Gunkata Academy.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

I've only fired a gun a few times, and those were only .22 target rifles. I've never been anywhere where I would remotely be concerned with being shot at. I watch that video and I have to ask:

Why the hell wouldn't you just jump out of the front seat and go prone on the ground in the first place?

I mean I know the answer is that you want to convince the dudes you play airsoft with that you are a badass operator. That way you never have to play opfor. Unless you're playing WW2 scenarios, then you always get to play the SS.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I think the idea is that the car, while not being bulletproof, provides at least some defense from being shot at--if nothing else, you're harder to see. But then he rolls out like an idiot, leaving himself exposed, so I dunno.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
An engine and firewall provide more defense than a door. Distance (like say, driving away) is even better.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The one thing you really have going for you is that large vehicle, which as stated, can drive away. It can also drive forward so if you have been ambushed by ANTIFA on your way back from wings night at PATRIOT'S PUB where nobody wears a mask you could drive through them. Or you could stop and expose yourself to fire in the stupidest way possible what the gently caress do I know I was trained for if that poo poo happens but I don't own 5.11 pants or wear Rocky's in my day to day life

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Godholio posted:

An engine and firewall provide more defense than a door. Distance (like say, driving away) is even better.

Yeah, Paul Harrell did a video where he debunked a car as good cover. Even if/when you're behind the engine block, some rounds might pass through soft spots where the engine isn't and find their way into soft parts of *you*.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
But but but, what if you're James Yeager and your vehicle is a stick shift and you're a moron :airquote: "disabled"???

even his stupid rear end ran and jumped into a ditch rather than hid behind the vehicle

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 8, 2021

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Godholio posted:

In my tacticool class I teach the technique of closing distance rapidly to saber range :gibs:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

There's this video I can't find of I think a different school that had this middle aged tiny white guy just mag dumping into targets after like smacking it with his arm and he was trying to do like real life gun kata it seemed at time.

this? https://i.imgur.com/8hWZLVe.mp4

e: rereading what you posted, no absolutely not, but still worth posting

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Close quarters double tapping those targets like they’re a baconator and lipitor.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

An idiot at my old job discharged his gun from the drivers seat into the firewall and it hit the alternator and disabled the armored truck with one 9mm bullet.

He was trying to load his gun but managed to have his finger on the trigger lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

biosterous posted:

this? https://i.imgur.com/8hWZLVe.mp4

e: rereading what you posted, no absolutely not, but still worth posting

That dude is going to put a round right through his hand doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I kept thinking it was the end and it just kept going and getting better. Holy poo poo this is awesome.