Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
its hosed up how there are like 1000 christmas songs but only 1 song aboutr the boys being back in town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
North Korea is bad
Have you ever lived there.
(his glasses fall off)
Catch you later

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 8, 2021

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
10 things you must never say to a Soothsayer
1. Got any new Sooths?
2. my cousins kid just made up some sooths. Do you think theyre any good

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

drunk driving may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get to work on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

let year 20xx become the year of Boys . Because men are out there changing peoples lives every day and simply they do not give a gently caress

Change "men" to "rotten adults", and this may be the most accurate Ryuji tweet yet

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Change "men" to "rotten adults", and this may be the most accurate Ryuji tweet yet
Even years later, 'rotten adults' still sounds to me like the clumsiest, most How do you do, fellow kids? term ever put into a video game.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sadly P5 was made slightly to early for Ryuji to be calling everyone a boomer, which is the only way to make that line work

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, the tweet as it is draws a deliberate distinction between guys who call themselves boys and ones who call themselves men.

Ryuji would say "me and the boys", not "me and the guys", and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
feel i have much to reflect upon in my life, on news of receiving "The Golden Douchebag" award. Many improvements to make, moving forward.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
DOCTOR: you cant keep doing this to yourself. being The Last True Good Boy online will destroy you. you must stop posting with honor

ME: No,

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
im an exhausting person to be around but once you get to knnow me im actually a giant shithead with irredeemable mouth

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
journalism is the hardest job on earth...I have to look at so many sites, and everyones trying to trick me into posting pics of my whole rear end

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

S.D. posted:

im an exhausting person to be around but once you get to knnow me im actually a giant shithead with irredeemable mouth
Christ, I love this derail.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

S.D. posted:

fixed, again

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"don't tread of me", the famous words of that good snake who doesn't want to get stepped on, the noble slithering bastard I relate to most

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
i am skeptical of the concept "Too Big To Fail" mainly because i am extremely big and i fail constantly

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Oh so I'm a HIPSTER because my glasses don't have LENSES and my TYPEWRITER doesn't have a RIBBON and my DOG is named DUBSTEP and he's a CAT?

(this was a tweet from the now-deleted @AGentleBrees)

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

i hit the hay all day mother fucker. 24 hour sleep cycle. if you awake you a fake. its bed time bitch

(also not dril, thank you @wolfpupy, but this just fit too well)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Capricorn: Your inexorable charisma is counterbalanced by your deeply abiding contempt for anyone who’s attracted to you. Quite the contradiction, you sultry sack of pure antipathy.

Virgo: You will exceed the limits of the world’s expectations of you when you finally manage to pull your head out of your rear end.

Cancer: Hang on to your dreams. Hold to them dearly. Strangle your dreams as you weep, drowning the world in your tears.

Aries: Buy another book of poetry you’ll never read, you fake deep bitch.

Taurus: Your tendency to "take on the world" will finally pay off as you defeat Southen Delaware in hand-to-hand combat.

Gemini: There will be some nice presents for you under the tree this year! Sadly, the ability to become a functioning adult won’t be one of them so your life will remain a mess.

Capricorn: Your game of chess against Death will lose a lot of its profundity when he asks “What do the horse guys do?”

@Sorrowscopes!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 9, 2021

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

@Sorrowscopes!

Aries: No matter how many times you repeat your name, the barista keeps writing Loser.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
as a lad i often drew 2 adjacent circles in a crude attempt to portray an rear end. ive since matured and only draw asses of the utmost precision

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Even years later, 'rotten adults' still sounds to me like the clumsiest, most How do you do, fellow kids? term ever put into a video game.

Ryuji should talk like Travis Touchdown

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
they will kick my rear end for saying it. they will take my career and my livelihood away from me. but "Wine" , is better than, "The News"

---

mean while, while you were "Gaming", i tasted 100 different wines in a cave behind a waterfall and cried into a shaman's arms

S.D. fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 10, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

the fool tries to make one million dollars.... but the wise man knows that its much easier to make $0.000001 dollars one trillion times

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

the numa numa man just bougt a $70million house and im here at the library trying to photocopy a fruit roll up

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

the wolf represents chaos. the eagle represents order. knuckles the echidna represents myself #tatchat

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
The reason the "Cars" movies have gained so much popularity is becuase the cars speak to one another. You don't get that with real life cars

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
i have moved all of my bitcoins directly into my brain for safekeeping until all this nutso crap blows over

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

that picture of all the construction workers sitting on a steel beam eating lunch except its me & the boys sitting on the floor at game stop

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

i love saiyng poo poo like "Yow! This kittens got Claws!" whenever a woman stabs me 38 times in the neck and chest

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

if you 'accidentally' spill an entire 7-11 big gulp on a sears mannequin they will throw it out and you can go have sex with it in the trasg

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
every singe day... my followers ask me. where can i get the latest Kfc DinnerPlan. and the answer is simple my friends. "Mc Donalds"

S.D. fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 10, 2021

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
thinking abou t having a phase in my mid-50s where i wear a whislte every where i go and make everyone around me call me "Coach"

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I DRIVE OFF OF A CLIFF AND SCRAMBLE TO RIP THE AXLE OFF OF MY CAR AND LIFT IT ABOVE MY HEAD AS I PLUMMET TOWARDS CERTAIN DOOM. ONE LAST REP

AS THE GUILLOTINE SLIDES TOWARDS MY NECK, I PRODUCE A TINY BARBELL I'VE BEEN HIDING IN MY MOUTH AND LIFT IT WITH MY TONGUE. ONE LAST REP

The wine imparts a foreign bitterness. How could he betray me? We were brothers. I fall to the ground. Execute a partial curl. One last rep.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chapter 32: 5/18: Trait Of Mind (New)

This update contains content from Part 31 of the original LP.

Music: A Woman

Then we send the callin’ card. Yeah, yeah, we know the drill. Anyways, let’s get ready!

Hm?

Music: Aria of the Soul

Your rehabilitation seems to be going smoothly.

Heh… Has it, now?

Don’t sound so thrilled, Yaldy.

I’ve prepared a special gift for you. I must reward such valiant efforts. Use this power well…

Oh boy, new gameplay systems to make this game even easier!

Your Personas are born from the masks of your heart. They come in all manner of shapes and sizes. You must master the inner workings of each Persona to draw out its power. Do that, and they will surely be of great use to you on your journey to rehabilitation.
If you have other business, you may tend to it now.

So… Traits. These are bonus little modifiers for a Persona that change certain aspects of how they work. Mokoi, for instance, always has Rain/Snow/Pollen Warning in effect when we enter Mementos. That’s… okay, I suppose.

Much better is something like Obariyon’s Striking Weight, which strengthens Physical skills by 20%.

These are the rest of the Traits for the Personas Maaku has at present. Two of them are even the same, because they’re not totally unique to each Persona. We can transfer Traits through fusion, but a Persona can only have one Trait, and once you fuse a Persona, its Trait is locked in permanently (unless you fuse it again and give it a different Trait, obviously). We’ll see that in action in a bit once we do some fusing. That’ll come later, though.

Traits are really neat in my opinion. Maaku’s Personas don’t tend to have really crazy Traits (at least, not yet), so they’re not worth really overthinking or trying too hard to minmax. Instead, they’re just nifty ways to diversify Personas further and add a small extra wrinkle to fusion.

Get with the program, all right? You’re a vital member of the team here!

We can head into the Palace now, but first, let’s check out the Traits for our party members, because they get them too!

Remember what I said about Maaku’s Personas not having anything too wild for their Traits? Yeah, ignore that for your party members. Their Traits are loving incredible and apply party-wide modifiers (though some of them only have a chance to activate). Captain Kidd’s Raging Temper is instantly amazing, giving 40% extra bonus physical damage when it activates. “Physical attacks” here is a little vague, but rest assured: it’s not limited to melee attacks, it works on Physical skills as well. It would be terrible if not.

Zorro has Proud Presence, which is not a chance to activate but just a straight-up bonus to the potency of healing skills. This is… very good. Media only heals about 50 HP per person at present, and this will boost it to about 75. Though, I believe this only applies in battle, so healing out of battle will still use more SP.

Finally, Carmen’s Trait is Mastery of Magic, which has a chance to decrease the SP cost of magic skills while Panther is in the party. That’s the rub: you obviously need to have someone in your party for their Trait to activate. Along with the accessory revamp, it’s another way Royal actually tries to shake the player out of complacently sticking to the same tired equipment and party setups that I really appreciated.

With that out of the way, let’s head inside.

Start out in the gallery with the laser beams, check…

I feel like the money rewards from negotiation are more consistently good in Royal. That could be total wishful thinking, but whatever. I’m going to be asking for money a lot because we’re gonna need it for aojiru and, eventually, Kawakami.

Let’s try out this cool new piece we got.

So, the cool thing about Shock is that you can get Technicals off it with Gun or Physical damage (you can do the same thing with Freeze). Gun damage. And this gun inflicts Shock. Also, Technicals now have a chance of knocking down the enemy. See where I’m going with this? Basically, we can inflict Shock by shooting this enemy and then immediately knock it down with a second bullet. This can be a huge boon in battles with enemies with obscure or non-existent weaknesses. However… there’s a “however.”

See, if the enemy is suffering from Freeze, Shock, Confuse, or Sleep, they’re unable to be negotiated with. This is… kind of a problem if you want to grab a Persona using this method, especially because you can’t even remove Shock yourself by attacking the enemy! It’s great for easy All-Out Attacks, but unfortunately it doesn’t really work to grab masks.

For the record, other ailments can affect negotiation as well. Rage, Despair, Dizzy, and Forget will be automatically cured if you try to negotiate, but the negotiation will simply continue unaffected from that point. Brainwash adds special options to the negotiation. Fear causes the enemy to run away if you try to negotiate. In fact, the only ailment that has no effect on negotiation is Burn.

Oh hey, glowy hand! You know what that means!

There’s a laser grid crisscrossing this hallway that wasn’t there in the original game. Let’s get through it in style.

Further in, we run into a small thing while trying to recruit this Apsaras.

Thanks for the help, Mona. I’m just going to skip the first question though because for some reason it doesn’t actually affect anything! Only the second question matters!

Uh oh.

What’s this? This Shadow qualifies as “female,” so Panther’s Girl Talk procced and gave us another chance!

And it ended up saving our asses in that negotiation. Cool.

Further in, we pass the first safe room and enter an area that isn’t quite new, but that has been remodeled a touch.

These Shiisaa are new but don’t do anything besides attack and use Frei (Nuke). They’re strong against Physical, null Bless, and are weak against Psy and Curse. They’re also Level 15 while we’re Level 12, so they’re kind of a pain to take down given the Physical resistance and the fact that the only Persona we’ve encountered so far that can hit its weakness is Arsène, which we have long since benched.

The Red Shadow for this section is Shiki-Ouji, an annoying foe because it nulls Physical and Gun. That plus its Double Shot being enough to very nearly one-shot any party member makes it pretty dangerous. Thankfully, I get pretty lucky with my Bufus and Zios inflicting Freeze and Shock, so it doesn’t get many turns to use that poo poo.

An optional grapple point up here! Intriguing…

We can drop into another room from here that has two treasure chests in it.

The first, marginally more hidden one has nothing special, but…

The second one absolutely does. We swap that Atom Ring onto Joker.

You guys don’t mind if I skip the whole dumb “Mona grabbed the shiny and now there’s loving laser beams everywhere” bit, right? Let’s just get straight to the Treasure Demon.

…Which I fail to kill because I don’t think to try Joker’s brand new Nuke skill on it, which it ends up being weak to! I’m an idiot!

Whatever, let’s head to the next safe room and head out for a minute, I wanna fuse some stuff.

Okay, Jack Frost from Berith and Apsaras. He’s not actually T-posing, by the way, he’s just jumping around because he’s a fun little winter imp.

Traits are capable of being inherited during fusion. Should you make use of this properly, you could very well conclude with a nigh-unstoppable Persona. However, some special Traits cannot be inherited. In any case, only one Trait can be inherited during fusion, so choose carefully…

So, in a standard two-Persona fusion, you can always pick from three Traits: each of the component Persona’s Traits, and the result Persona’s base Trait. Now, you may ask: “What if two of the relevant Personas have the same Trait?” Well, I’m glad you asked! We’ll get to that… later in the update!

Internal Hypnosis increases the effect period of support skills on Joker by one turn, and Crisis Control decreases damage from attacks that hit Joker’s weakness. Neither of those seem as appealing as Frigid Bloodline to me, so we’ll take that one.

I love that this tic has survived localization for this long, you’d think they’d get rid of it for… obvious reasons, but no, it’s stayed.

Anyway, it levels up and learns the Mabufu we need.

That Persona… Hey, sit right there!

Strength Rank 1: Part 33

Because it was inevitable that we were going to badly desync the Confidant Ranks from the dates we originally did them, I have decided to just place the update each of them appeared in at the start when this desync occurs. Truth be told, this desync has most likely already happened and I just didn’t notice, but I’m putting the information about this here now, what’re you gonna do about it?

We’ll take it, but your Personas suck dude. Trash-tier. My grandma could make better Personas than you, and I just made her up!
In order to make your Personas less awful, we’re giving you access to a new facility. Please don’t squander it like you are now. If you keep completing our requests, we will continue providing new facilities so you can hopefully suck less at this.
Keep working and you’ll get more freedom! It’s a deal between us wardens and you, the inmate! Not like you can turn it down, though! All you’re good for is work!

This might be the drugs talking, but why do you keep muttering about “the devil children who will come for me in my sleep”?
Huh?
“Oh god, oh god, they’re beating me with the batons,” “What do the letters mean?” “Why are they wearing shorts?” You repeated that last one a lot.
You don’t understand, the shorts are both too large and not large enough!
You know what, maybe we should just drop this line of questioning…

Let’s continue in the Palace.

Panther learns Maragi, cool.

Exploring the ladies’ bathroom, cool.

Getting trapped in here with enemies, cool.

Mona learns Lucky Punch here.

Proud Presence’s healing boost stacks nicely with Baton Pass.

The way out of this room is honestly a little annoying to find. You have to climb up this display and grapple over, simple enough…

But then you have to notice this panel on the wall right next to a locked door that’s going to absorb most of your attention. It’s not a huge deal, it’s just weird that this game chooses now of all times to do something subtly.

And the doors open.

But there’s a Will Seed nearby, so we look for that.

Gotta cross this light to get there.

Got the Will Seed.

We’re just about at the end of this infiltration.

This sign says… “This door is unopenable from the outside.”
Uh, is that bad?
This pattern… it must be that door I saw before! Guys, let’s leave! I have a plan!
D’okay.

Now, let’s head back to the Velvet Room.

We’re gonna fuse a Kodama from Agathion and Berith. We’ll give it Zio and Rakukaja.

We’ll also give it Skillful Combo.

Next, Archangel from Kodama and Hua Po. We give it Rakukaja and Agi.

We also have the choice between Striking Weight, Skillful Combo, and Thermal Conduct for its Trait. Striking Weight is actually a “bonus” Trait, available because two of the relevant Personas have the same Trait and there need to be three available. Thermal Conduct increases the chance of inflicting Burn after a Baton Pass, which is terrible. We’ll be going with Striking Weight instead.

Also on the list is Onmoraki from Slime and Kodama.

Onmoraki gets Intense Focus.

Lastly, Ippon-Datara from Mokoi and Jack Frost, inheriting Dazzler, Rakunda, and Skull Cracker.

Music: Wicked Plan

I told you, I have a plan! This shack is the basis for the Palace, so that door must correspond to some aspect of it. And, I just so happened to spot a door that looked just like that one during my reconnaissance earlier. If we can open that door in front of Madarame’s eyes, the door in the Palace should open too!
How the hell’s that work!?
It’s just his cognition that the door is unopenable. If we can change that cognition by having him see that the door was opened, his cognition will change.
Sure, let’s tack on some new rules to this nonsense. Why not?
But isn’t it locked? How are we going to get it open?
Don’t worry about that! I’m a master lockpicker!
You don’t even have hands!
That’s just how skilled I am! Don’t worry, I can handle it. But I can’t do it alone. We’ll need someone who can distract Yusuke for a while…
*awkward silence*
I hate you guys.

Evening

Music: Beneath the Mask

Yes, I agreed to the modeling tomorrow.
Hell yeah!
Don’t sound so excited!
You’re not actually gonna get nude, though. You just gotta distract him for long enough to get the door open.
I still hate it!
Don’t worry. If there’s trouble, we’ll back you up ASAP.
Thanks.
>Actually, the cat just told me that Ryuji and I are gonna be in the Palace while that’s all going down, so… good luck!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Let’s do some crosswords.

Easy.

Maaku gains Knowledge +1.

Music: Knockoff of the X-Files Theme

Fake Gillian Anderson: Wolf, you can’t be serious. You think aliens did this?
Fake David Duchovny: I’ve heard it all before, Sculzy. But just look at these bodies. They can’t be from Earth!
It’s a story about an investigator who searches for the truth behind eerie, supernatural incidents…
The atmosphere of this show is so ominous. I’m getting creeped out…

Music: Everyday Days

I bet you’ve summoned a little more Guts by watching this drama.

Maaku gains Guts +2.

Arist fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 11, 2021

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Arist posted:

Fake Gillian Anderson: Wolf (?), you can’t be serious. You think aliens did this?
Fake David Duchovny: I’ve heard it all before, Sculzy. But just look at these bodies. They can’t be from Earth!
They probably went with the name "Wolf" as the character being lampooned is called Fox Mulder. Which is a lot more effort than they put into the name of the Dana Scully knock-off.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Arist posted:

Then we send the callin’ card. Yeah, yeah, we know the drill. Anyways, let’s get ready!
I love that it's literally our second time doing this, and the game already knows we get the deal and identify with Ryuji's "yeah, yeah".

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Arist posted:

“What do the letters mean?”

Oxymoron. That's what the letter's mean. It's actually mildly decent foreshadowing about Yaldabaoth.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm Jack Frost, ho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chapter 33: 5/19: Commissions Are Open

This update contains content from Part 32 of the original LP.

Anon: not even worth a laugh

Early Morning

Music: Beneath the Mask (Instrumental Version)

This scene with Yusuke approaching us is new, but not really worth the banner.

Anyhow, what’s with this sudden change in attitude? I was contacted by Takamaki-san last night. She’s accepted the nude modeling proposition. That’s nice, of course… but I hope you aren’t conspiring anything.

Do not make a mockery of art. Don’t judge us by your worldly standards. I’ll call the police if you try anything. Remember that.

Early Morning → Morning

Music: So Boring

I’ve gone to see his work before, but wow… They are truly incredible! I saw some of his interviews, too. He really is a charming fellow. It’s rare to see a gentleman artist like him, in a field known for having a lot of eccentric types. By the way, you seem far removed from the arts, Hamiru-kun.

You don’t know me!

Which famous ukiyo-e artist of the Edo period is said to have moved residence over 100 times?

Uhhhhhhhh

Correct. It seems you know a thing or two after all. Hokusai had a habit of moving, but he also changed his name quite a lot—at least thirty times throughout his life. His sole interest was his art, so he stayed in poverty, wore tattered clothes, and lived in squalor.

Maaku gains Knowledge +1.

Actually, Madarame’s house was quite modest, too. All master artists, past and present, always put their art above their fame.
He steals his students’ work, and makes them suffer! He’s no master—he’s just an abusive old con man! We’re gonna get him, no matter what.

Morning → After School

Music: Beneath the Mask -Rain (Instrumental Version)

Me and Maaku are banned from goin’ there, so all we can do is wait here…

Actually, no. While we’re inside, you two will have to enter the Palace and wait for the security to deactivate when Madarame sees the door, then look for a control room to turn it off for good.
All right, we’re on it.

Music: Wicked Plan

So you are, on some level, aware that this is hosed up…

I’m sorry it was so sudden.
Oh, it’s not a problem. But as I told you yesterday, Sensei will be returning in about twenty or thirty minutes. So um… I’m sorry if that causes some anxiety on your part.
That’s why I’m here today, dammit.
What was that?
Oh no, it was nothing!
By the way… Have you gained some weight?

Music: Everyday Days

I still loving love the clown honk that plays when it cuts to this shot.

You think so? I weigh the same as always… Maybe I’m bloated today?
So, then… can you, um… get ready here?

Uh… sure. Just… turn around, okay?
A-All right.

Clothes continually land on the ground next to Yusuke.

Phew, that was tight…
Tight…? No, I’m doing this for art!

Say… your sensei’s coming back soon, right? Couldn’t we do this somewhere a little more private? Like, a room with a lock?
A lock? But the only room like that is… Sensei’s…

Then why not there?
I can’t intrude… Besides, I don’t have the key…
He says he doesn’t have the key.
It’s OK. That’s why I’m here. I’ll just use this hairpin…
Takamaki-san, are you about—

D-Don’t you think it’s cold today?
I suppose so?

(to Morgana) You’re still visible, idiot! Go pick the lock!
(to Yusuke) C’mon… let’s go find a better room to do this in…

Music: Disquiet

She was saying she was gonna “seduce him with her acting,” but that seems unlikely…
Last week she tried to use that poo poo on me. It almost worked, but to be fair, I’m very stupid.
And isn’t Madarame gonna be home soon? There’s no sign at all this place will open… Even if Mona manages to open that door, how’s he gonna get Madarame to see it? Especially for long enough to get us inside… No matter how you look at it, this seems impossible!
Well, now I’m worried too. Great job, Skull.

Music: Tension

Ann has now stripped down to presumably her final layer beneath even her school clothes. Was she wearing these shorts under her tights?

So this is the door…

You’re still not done!?
It’s hard to do this… with cat paws!

Oh, ummm… Sooo, what is this room?
It’s a storage area for old paintings.
Storage…

Wait, then why is it locked? And I thought you said it was “Sensei’s room”…
Yes. It’s Sensei’s art storage room.
Then where does he sleep?
Sensei does not require sleep. He merely leaves every night to gain divine inspiration.
……
I see you’re doubtful of my claims, but I assure you it’s true. I overheard him the other day talking on the phone about going to “bump uglies”—clearly referring to some attempt to purge all which is not beautiful from his mind. He has the most eccentric codes for these things…

Hey, Kitagawa-kun… Why don’t we… do it in here? I won’t be embarrassed if we go somewhere nobody can find us…
Only Sensei can go in there.
Pleeease…? I wanna be alone with you. Somewhere like, quiet. You know, where we won’t get interrupted.

This acting is so terrible I am temporarily no longer infatuated with this girl.
Come on, Kitagawa-kun…
We can’t! And even if we could, it’s locked anyway…
I’m just too embarrassed… I guess if we can’t, I’ll just leave…

What do I do…?

S-Sensei!?

Music: High Pressure

Yusuke?

What are you doing there!?

Wha—!?

Hm?

…It’s off!

They seriously did it!

Huh. I had already written this plan off.

Let’s go!

Look at that JoJo-posing motherfucker. I hate his guts. Let’s take him down.

This fight isn’t very challenging. I mean, it better not be, we only have half the party, including none of our healers. But yeah, it’s just a normal Shadow that they repurposed into a miniboss. The most unusual thing about it is that Skull forgets to use Panther’s codename in the preamble.

Adverse Resolve, if you forgot (you did), increases Skull’s critical rate while the party is surrounded. It’s trash!

It’d be a pain in the rear end if we got spotted again. Anyways, let’s turn off that security system!

Are these the lights?

Music: Desire

Isn’t this… “Sayuri”? Why are there so many of them?
I have no idea…

Get out!
Sensei, what is the meaning of this?
I suppose I can’t keep quiet now that you’ve seen this…

I, uh… I’m in debt! I’ve been producing copies of “Sayuri” and selling them to try to get out of it…! Yeah, that’s it!

But why?

Ever since the real Sayuri was stolen by a student of mine who resented my strict teaching style, my artist’s block has left me creatively paralyzed… That’s why I needed all that help from you and the other students. Yes… that clears up everything, doesn’t it? It’s all coming together!

……

Knowing I couldn’t keep taking my students’ ideas, I attempted to recreate the “Sayuri” to recapture my passion. But all I made were replicas. Eventually someone came to buy them, despite knowing they were fakes. And as my profile grew and expectations rose, I needed the money more and more to further your talents… It’s all my fault for getting into debt… Please, forgive me Yusuke!
Sensei…
That makes no loving sense. How did you even make copies without the original?
I, uh… found a photo in an artbook?
You’re telling me art collectors bought copies of a picture of the original? Really?
I guess I’m just that good! Shut up, kid!

This… This is the real “Sayuri”! But you just said a moment ago that it was stolen!

No I didn’t! That’s a fake! I never met her!
I can tell it’s real! Why are you lying, Sensei?
I bought a counterfeit!
These aren’t even good lies.

Please just tell us the truth…
You too…? *pulls out phone* I’ve reported you both to my private security company!
What!?

I set it up to deal with this annoying journalist who kept snooping around and reeked of booze, but it’s come in more useful than I expected.

Please, wait! Let’s talk about this…!
You can talk all you want to the police… That includes you, Yusuke!

What am I being arrested for? I live here!
Oh, *now* you understand how trespassing works…

Lady Ann, let’s run!

There’s no point! They’ll be here within two minutes!

Ngh…

Respect for Yusuke’s loving knees here, holy poo poo.

Gah…

Owwww! Yusuke’s head is so hard!

I thought I was gonna die! …Hey, will you let go already!? *shove*

Music: Disquiet

Calm down, Kitagawa-kun! It’s me!
…Takamaki-san? That means you two are…

The guys you’re blackmailing, yeah. Sup?

I don’t recall ever seeing this cat costume before though… What is this place?
We’re inside Madarame’s heart.
Inside… Sensei’s heart? I’m sorry, Takamaki-san… but are you sure you’re feeling OK?
She ain’t lyin’. This is what that bastard truly feels. He’s nothin’ but a greed-filled money-grubber.
Enough of this rubbish!

Kitagawa-kun! I know this is hard to believe, but surely you’ve noticed that something was wrong with Madarame… This is how he sees the world. This is who he really is.

This repulsive world…? Just who are all of you!?
I guess you could say… we’re a group that changes the hearts of rotten crooks.
If everything you say is true, then the Sensei I know doesn’t exist…
You gotta snap out of it.
Still… he has kept me safe these past ten years. My gratitude for that won’t just disappear.
You’re gonna forgive him!? At this rate you’ll…!
N-Ngh…
Are you okay?
I’m trying to be rational about this, but my emotions are overwhelming me…

Sorry, but the security level has skyrocketed! We need to get out of here ASAP!
Can you stand? I’ll give you a piggyback ride.
…I’ll be fine.

Let’s avoid fighting with Yusuke along.

Music: Regret

A vain museum such as this…?

Ooh, that gives me an idea for the calling card! Vanity’s close enough to a sin, right?

Do you recognize it? We were thinking these might be his past pupils or something…
But… why are there paintings of them here?
Technically, those aren’t actually paintings. They’re the pupils themselves.
Madarame saw ‘em as objects, so that’s what they are in here… Oh, and uh… we found yours too.
……
We’ll talk more later. For now, let’s get out of here.

Music: Desire

*maniacal laughter*
Who is it!? What the—
Talk about bullshit clothes! First a king, now some kinda shogun!?

Huh? Sensei? Is that you? That attire…
Disgusting.

I mean, it’s not the most fashionable, sure, but that still seems a little uncalled for, Panther.

This… This is all one big lie, isn’t it?
My usual ragged attire is nothing but an act. Besides, a famous person living in that shack? I have another home… under a mistress’s name, of course.

And your students just… didn’t notice that you didn’t actually live with them? This raises further questions!

If the “Sayuri” was stolen, why was it in the storage room? And if you had the real one, why make copies!? If it’s really you, Sensei… please tell me!
Foolish child. You still don’t see? The painting being stolen was just a false rumor I spread! It was all a perfectly calculated staging!
What do you mean!?
Let me see… How does this sound? “I found the real painting, but it can’t go public… You can have it for a special price, though…” Haha! How’s that for preferential treatment!? Art snobs’ll eat it up, and pay good cash at that!

Anyone who falls for that nonsense probably deserves to be swindled, honestly.

No…
The value of art is purely illusion. What’s the matter with providing that illusion to eager customers? Though I doubt a brat like you would ever come up with such a brilliant scheme!
You keep goin’ on and on about money this, money that… No wonder you ended up with this disgusting museum!
You’re supposed to be an artist, right!? Aren’t you ashamed of plagiarizing other peoples’ work!?
Art is nothing but a tool… A tool to gain money and fame! You helped me greatly as well, Yusuke…
God… Pisses me off… That’s your teacher.
But what about the people who believe in you? Who think you’re a master artist!?
…I’ll tell you this alone, Yusuke. If you wish to succeed in this world, I’d advise you don’t rise against me. Do you believe anyone could find success with my objection holding them down? Hahahahaha!
To think I was under the care of this wretched man…!
You thought I took you in out of the goodness in my heart? Plucking talented, yet troubled artists allows me to find promising pupils and take their ideas… After all, it’s much easier to steal the futures of children who can’t fight back.
I can’t believe this…
Livestock are killed for their hide and meat! This is no different, you fool! …But I tire of this little chat. It’s time that I—
You are unforgivable.
Hm?
It doesn’t matter who you are… I won’t forgive you!
So, you repay my keeping you around for all these years with ingratitude? You drat brat! Men! Dispose of these thieves!

Heh… Well, that’s a load off, I suppose…
Huh? Kitagawa-kun!?
*chuckle* I’d denied it for so long, but the truth was right in front of my eyes…
We don’t have time for you to lose it, dude!
Everyone shut up! Surely we’re all familiar enough with these by now to know where this is going!
It’s the tranquil fury at the heart of the storm…
Ohhh… I getcha. Wonder what his’ll be?
Ooh, this should be good. I haven’t gotten to see someone else’s before!
I’m kind of in the middle of something, if you don’t mind… *Ahem*…

I wanted to believe it wasn’t true… I had clouded my vision for so long…

Music: Awakening

Video: Yusuke’s Awakening

I am thou, thou art I…

Music: Will Power

The price for your insolence will be death!

The prospects of your pupils…

Yusuke’s raring to go. And he should be, because we’re going to get a lot more use out of him in Royal than in the original, due to some of the tweaked gameplay systems. Well, those and one addition in particular that we’ll get to in, oh… fifty hours? Optimistically?

Line changes!!!!

During Shadow Madarame’s monologue, the line “The worth of art is purely subjective… Thus, this is a legitimate business transaction!” is now “The value of art is purely illusion. What’s the matter with providing that illusion to eager customers?” Marginally more natural, I’ll accept it.

Arist fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 26, 2022