Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MarsPearl posted:

Wendy’s/Arby’s use slave labour for their ingredients and were like the only fast food chain that refused to join an agreement to fight slavery in their supply chain. They even moved their sourcing to Mexico in response to American tomato farms improving conditions for workers.

Thanks for this. It looks like Wendy's sold off Arby's and completely divested in 2018 so maybe Arby's is no longer implicated in that supply chain exploitation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I'm playing Dark Souls III again and am enjoying it for once. I've pretty much just been using the L1 attack of the Sellsword Twinblades and wrecking most everything, and taking my time and exploring every corner instead of just running past hard enemies. I cleared out the main area of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley for the first time ever and found some stuff I never found before. The combat is good, but they really brick-walled the dynamic range on encounters. It also feels like they sacrificed some of the weightiness of Dark Souls animations so that enemies can swipe their swords around like they weigh nothing and do endless combos and quick followup attacks. In Dark Souls, it feels more like you can react to what the enemies were doing in the moment. In Dark Souls 3 you just have to memorize their patterns and forget about what makes sense.

Still not amazed by the overall world layout, although the areas themselves are well done. The linearity of the world is somewhat offset by the fact that each self-contained area is nicely interconnected with plenty of shortcuts. I do wish it was designed a little more around finding shortcuts to previous areas, but with tons of bonfires and warping I guess there's no real way to do that. Having warpable and non-warpable bonfires could have worked.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wendy's owned Arby's?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Wendy's owned Arby's?

they owned a minority stake in its holding company

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goons help I've only had 2.5 hours sleep and I fear I'm too tired to game tonight :ohdear:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Goons help I've only had 2.5 hours sleep and I fear I'm too tired to game tonight :ohdear:

Play Kirby's Dreamworld.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Play Kirby's Dreamworld.

Way ahead of you

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

drat if only Gamefreak had released Pokemon Sleep already.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what the gently caress

Weedle
May 31, 2006

not really my thing but i respect it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Pll7GDVgI

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So Kirby ate Venom and then put on the super crown?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

You should go to sleep

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rarity posted:

Start an idle game and let it run while you sleep.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Have you heard of methamphetamine

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

You should go to sleep

I'm at work :negative:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I played a match of MahjongSoul last night, and the match went into South 1 because no one had the requisite points, and I was sitting in fourth place. I proceeded to get a Baiman and felt very accomplished. That's my gamer story from the weekend.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rarity posted:

Rarity posted:

I'm at work :negative:

time to be a coffee achiever :morning:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wamdoodle posted:

time to be a coffee achiever :morning:

I'm on my third can of Monster in 24 hours :shepface:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

I am going to nap during my lunch break today.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

oh god drink some water too

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rarity posted:

Rarity "Great Deliverer" Bridges

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I played a match of MahjongSoul last night, and the match went into South 1 because no one had the requisite points, and I was sitting in fourth place. I proceeded to get a Baiman and felt very accomplished. That's my gamer story from the weekend.
thats a nice win, enchou is the most exciting and nerveracking time in a mahjong game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

oh god drink some water too

If it's good enough for Maki Itoh it's good enough for me :hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

you are not going to be able to poop now.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

you are not going to be able to poop now.

After three cans of Monster, the issue is gonna be that she's gonna have to poop a lot, and it's gonna be gross

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I AM RARITY OF poo poo

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Saint Freak posted:

Rarity "Great Deliverer" Bridges

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

homeless snail posted:

thats a nice win, enchou is the most exciting and nerveracking time in a mahjong game

I even saved the match log because I'm a nerd

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

you really ARE a gamer

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Oh, well consider my concerns about this game resolved, then!

https://twitter.com/victuragg/status/1368924485676527623?s=21

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I watched this movie called "Boss Level" assuming it would be bad and it was, but not in the fun way. It's groundhogs day but with some bodybuilder who does professional violence and is a crap dad and there're boss enemies

I only bring it up because it cracks me up that they called the movie "boss level" and it's got all these boring violence that seems straight out of the mind of someone who grew up playing call of fps games and still gets excited about explosions and gunviolence, but also they saw fit to have a comment making belittling some dude that worked at the arcade/tournament/whatever's appearance and choice to not have kids and play videogames. I just wanna see the writer who wrote that line, not even gonna say anything to 'em, just want them to see me seeing them from a corner of a window or something.

we need more Spykid 3Ds in this world for videogame-movies, that's how you make a fuckin videogame movie.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I even saved the match log because I'm a nerd

Did you get a really good hand or was it an "oops I just happened into 6 Dora" kind of Baiman?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

Oh, well consider my concerns about this game resolved, then!

https://twitter.com/victuragg/status/1368924485676527623?s=21

Oh boy, documentary segments of gameplay. Alkso why they singling out white phosphorous, who in this world is like "ugh, it's okay to invade someone's lands and and use guns and drones to obliterate them for fun in a videogame but... what the gently caress, gas?!?! HEY THATS TOO FAR."

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

I watched this movie called "Boss Level" assuming it would be bad and it was, but not in the fun way. It's groundhogs day but with some bodybuilder who does professional violence and is a crap dad and there're boss enemies

I only bring it up because it cracks me up that they called the movie "boss level" and it's got all these boring violence that seems straight out of the mind of someone who grew up playing call of fps games and still gets excited about explosions and gunviolence, but also they saw fit to have a comment making belittling some dude that worked at the arcade/tournament/whatever's appearance and choice to not have kids and play videogames. I just wanna see the writer who wrote that line, not even gonna say anything to 'em, just want them to see me seeing them from a corner of a window or something.

we need more Spykid 3Ds in this world for videogame-movies, that's how you make a fuckin videogame movie.

that sounds like a real joe carnahan-rear end movie if ever i heard of one

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

y'all remember that movie where it was all in first person

that movie whipped in the dumbest way

Weedle
May 31, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

y'all remember that movie where it was all in first person

that movie whipped in the dumbest way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB-PyUSFskI

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Arzaac posted:

Did you get a really good hand or was it an "oops I just happened into 6 Dora" kind of Baiman?

100% the latter. (Riichi, Seat, Prevalant, Dora, Red Five, Ura Dora)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Oh boy, documentary segments of gameplay. Alkso why they singling out white phosphorous, who in this world is like "ugh, it's okay to invade someone's lands and and use guns and drones to obliterate them for fun in a videogame but... what the gently caress, gas?!?! HEY THATS TOO FAR."

Call of Duty does this in reverse. Using white phosphorous is a fun and competitive skill streak award in multiplayer, and you're cheered on for using it in single player, but if you kill a single civilian with a gun then the game boots you back to the main menu.