Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This Is the Zodiac posted:

They have platinum and other rare metals inside them. Scrap dealers will buy them for a decent amount of money, so this dude probably buys them for nothing from people who think they're junk, then resells them.

yeah that's the joke.... the repair man at the car shop is well aware that opiod addicts and meth heads are stealing catalytic converters from cars parked in driveways to melt down for the rare earth metals.

in a small town...

where he's the only one advertising and there's likely not much of a police force lol

shameful snipe, im sorry.... i created a nextdoor account and even though i live in a suburb of a medium sized city, there are no crazy neighbors. NextDoor tried so hard it was posting messages from neighborhoods a good 4-5 miles away from my house, in the city.

I gave them my phone number to join so the schade is on me

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Wendigee posted:

3... dollars? USD? $? throw it in the loving trash or stick it on the curb you absolute crazy boomer.

gee willikers maybe i'll go to walmart or really splurge, go to home depot, and get a broom for 7 or even 11 dollars that isn't covered in god knows what you used it on before deciding it was too gross to keep.

Can I come at 8 pm? I work late.

p.s. I'm black.

Don’t forget to wear a hoodie and park a few blocks down so you can walk through the neighborhood, that’ll really get them riled

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
People make the convoluted dogwhistle race posts because Nextdoor just automatically blocks you if you post "saw a suspicious black youth walking by"

I'm sure Nextdoor calls this "building an equitable society using AI"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Three Olives posted:

Our trash bin went missing several months ago, I couldn't fathom why someone would steal our trashcan and then I learned that sometimes when they use the robot arm trash can sometimes it just chunks the bin into the truck and they just drive off with it.

In our neighborhood there was an ongoing issue of someone local not stealing per se but swapping their bin for your bin after they did things god wouldn't want to see with theirs, a truly unholy stink, not sure if they were leaving dead animals in there or what but they really leaned into it, we got hit with the swapper once and it legit took a week of disinfectant and leaving it open outside to air out to get rid of the smell. Anyways everyone just spray painted their bins with their house number and it immediately stopped.

Still not really sure whats up with that but I guess just suburban lifestyles. The thing I'm consistently most impressed with is the households that need two bins. Don't get me wrong I acknowledge our two person household is probably unreasonably small for square footage of the houses in the neighborhood so even one bin is more than we could ever hope to use, but the bins are quite large and we don't even fill a forth of it for weekly pickup, so these 2 bin households must have approximately 16 people for that math to work out.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pekinduck posted:

People make the convoluted dogwhistle race posts because Nextdoor just automatically blocks you if you post "saw a suspicious black youth walking by"

I'm sure Nextdoor calls this "building an equitable society using AI"

Yeah there's tons of dogwhistle racism, cop bootlicking, and inane complaining on my local nextdoor sprinkled with some general toxicity for the poo poo sundae

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

My toilet's been leaking for 20 years and destroying the drywall above my dining room to the point where it might collapse.

Should I proactively research licensed and bonded plumbers in my area to get the most qualified person out to fix it?

gently caress NO!!!

I'm going to trawl Nextdoor for a plumber and emphasize they should be "GOOD."

There's so many red flags here, that whoever takes her up on this deserves what they're in for.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

This, rants about dogshit and curtain twitching is the entirety of my feed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't stop laughing at all the dog theftq

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BIRDS have been leaving 'white chalk marks' next to my home!
Has this happened to anyone else? I've noticed them around my home for years and after they've finished watching or whatever they're doing, there are white marks on the ground! I believe they are 'marking' my home to break in and steal my pets!!
I have called the police repeatedly but have been given no support.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can't stop laughing at all the dog theftq

I particularly like the 'it's only what I've read' disclaimer that indicates the author is aware that they are spreading bullshit and doesn't want challenged on it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I throw my bagged up dog poop in my trash bin so if anyone wants to trade lmk, you’d be doing me a favor.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i use nextdoor to ask people for recommendations of contractors or to see if anyone has dealt with a particular contractor before.

i have a fairly large project coming up (getting my kitchen redone from the ground up), and ive been using nextdoor to try to find someone reputable.

i try not to read anything not related to "looking for X"

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Theft at HomeDepot. Hi Everyone!

My name is RJ and I own Green Worx Landscaping, LLC here in [redacted], the town I grew up in and wholeheartedly love! Today at 8:30am I was making my usual morning stop at the Home Depot for our supplies, and witnessed someone walkout in a fast pace in front of me with a cart full of expensive flooring. After the door sensors went off, I realized what happened. At the same time, one of the cashiers ran out to ask the gentleman to produce a receipt. He acted as though he was on a phone call, ignored the polite cashier and fast walked to his vehicle. I realized that I was parked near by and thought that I should keep an eye on him as I loaded up my truck. Sure enough, there was another gentleman waiting with the vehicle (running) and I watched in shock as the threw the cart's contents into the vehicle in a BIG hurry. I decided (against my better judgement) to do the same with my things in an effort to grab a picture or a plate number for the folks at Home Depot to hopefully help apprehend these guys. I followed them out of the parking lot in a hasty manner, where they ran a stop sign and sped onto eastbound US 6. I caught up with them a couple minutes down the road. I snapped a picture of what vehicle they were driving and you can zoom in on the plate clearly. I did send it into Home Depot "Asset Recovery" so they have everything to hopefully prevent these guys from doing this again.

The reason I felt I needed to share this is for several reasons. One, it really made me sad to see this and I feel bad for all involved. Two, I was concerned for the safety of the Home Depot staff and the other drivers on the road at the time. Three, these guys are obviously "Contractors" in some sort of trade. The fact that the car was full of tools, had several blown out windows and, they are stealing materials to work for somebody is HIGHLY concerning. So, in the off chance that you are having new flooring installed this week, and this is the vehicle your "Contractor" is driving, I hope that you report it to authorities for everyone's safety. Please everyone be safe, and stay alert! As sad as it is, Golden is no longer the "perfect safe place" that I remember growing up!

Kind Regards,
-RJ . I have reported this information to the police.

Description of vehicle involved – Color: Tan/Beige, Make: Toyota, Model: Sequoia, Type: SUV, License plate: [redacted], Other details: Eastbound on US 6 Avenue

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Riatsala posted:

Theft at HomeDepot. Hi Everyone!

lmao within 6 words (actually 5 i guess) you can nail the age of this guy

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I’m sure it was “do you need a receipt?” If that because no cashier is going to run out and chase someone down to give them a receipt nor is one going to chase one out to produce a receipt, especially if they were the ones checking them out

Totally misread that situation I think lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

For some reason, despite not interacting with anybody on my local nextdoor and not even using my real name, I got made a community reviewer.

This post:

quote:

I noticed this billboard over by where Civic Center Drive turns into HWY14 and looked up the website listed. On the website, it explains that the sign is referring to a man’s injury from a vaccine he got in 2019. I want to spread awareness that this sign is NOT about the COVID vaccine, though it lead me to believe so. This definitely seems like misinformation to me that could be dangerous for some. It is important to educate yourself using credible sources when making the choice of whether or not you want to get the vaccine. ♥️

got reported for this reason

quote:

Reported as Uncivil, unneighborly or offensive: Public shaming and said, "I have two children who are vaccine injured. This post is disgusting. To say that vaccines can’t cause injury just like any other medication or medical intervention is misinformation in itself. This is shaming us who choose not to vaccinate. It’s a choice and we shouldn’t be shamed for it."

thankfully everyone is voting not to remove the post

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hardware stores have loose fastener sections. It’s entirely possible to buy one (1) nail.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

StarkingBarfish posted:

This, rants about dogshit and curtain twitching is the entirety of my feed.

An admin in a dog group posted one of those ‘watch out for people writing these symbols on your house, they’re going to break in!’ posts so I politely linked her to the BBC/snopes debunking it and showing they’re for utility companies. She was so appreciative of the information she swiftly banned me from the group.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

christmas boots posted:

whoever that guy is definitely isn't getting the help he needs. :(

This statement applies to about 325 million americans.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Since Texas's mask mandate is about to end I am enjoying the hot takes on nextdoor.

duddits
Dec 22, 2009
I feel like a "This post only visible to NextDoor PLUS members" would really get some opinions flying.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Perhaps it was someone in search of a burglar.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Pinche Rudo posted:

Yeah there's tons of dogwhistle racism, cop bootlicking, and inane complaining on my local nextdoor sprinkled with some general toxicity for the poo poo sundae

Dog whistle? Holy hell. The leads here have openly supported the proud boys and post articles about how trans folks are recruiting folks to be trans.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Solkanar512 posted:

Dog whistle? Holy hell. The leads here have openly supported the proud boys and post articles about how trans folks are recruiting folks to be trans.

As bad as that is, now I really want to see a full on cheerful and chirpy ad campaign for transgender-ness.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Computer viking posted:

As bad as that is, now I really want to see a full on cheerful and chirpy ad campaign for transgender-ness.

It’s the best proven way to reverse and cure male pattern baldness

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Ziv Zulander posted:

It’s the best proven way to reverse and cure male pattern baldness

it caused mine, actually

420 shoot up with dudegoo everyday three months

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Strange structures sticking out of the ground. Strange structures with green stalks and colored tops sticking out of my lawn in front of my house since yesterday. Different colors in different parts. Seems like some kind of code. Are people markin my house? To steal my pet iguana (Mr. Iggy)? I think so. Have been in contact with the sheriff about it but no luck yet. Anyone else seen this or seen who put the structures there?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Petition to Make Our Neighborhood "Mask-Free"?

Hi y'all.

As you know, things are returning to normal in many states including Texas. I am wondering, can we do the same here? My heart breaks every time I go Applebee's or Starbucks and have to wear a mask or not sit next to another family. It's "overkill" right now, especially as we're seeing many states return to normal.

I believe that we should make our community a mask-free zone and remove all "social distancing" guidelines, since it seems like our "great" Governor is taking his sweet time doing so! Here are my thoughts:

1) Many of us are already vaccinated! I just got my 2nd dose this weekend, and my friend Carol is scheduled for her 2nd dose on Thursday. Seems to be about the schedule for everybody.

2) No infections that I have heard of at any local businesses!

3) Small businesses are still hurting!!!

This week I suggest we all go to our favorite restaurant WITHOUT A MASK and sit down together, as a community. This was a great thing we did back in the day, everybody ate dinner together and discussed what was going on. We would spread so much between us, then go home and spread that same knowledge to our friends and family.

I will be at TGI Friday's (YUMMY!) this Thursday at 4 pm and would love to see everyone's smiling faces there!

Also I will be running for State Senate and would love for everyone to sign some paperwork for me at this event. I am running on a pro-2A, pro-Trump, pro-Freedom, pro-Troops "platform" and need your support to protect America from the Chicoms.

God bless America and God Bless Us All.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

A Fancy Hat posted:

Petition to Make Our Neighborhood "Mask-Free"?

Hi y'all.

As you know, things are returning to normal in many states including Texas. I am wondering, can we do the same here? My heart breaks every time I go Applebee's or Starbucks and have to wear a mask or not sit next to another family. It's "overkill" right now, especially as we're seeing many states return to normal.

I believe that we should make our community a mask-free zone and remove all "social distancing" guidelines, since it seems like our "great" Governor is taking his sweet time doing so! Here are my thoughts:

1) Many of us are already vaccinated! I just got my 2nd dose this weekend, and my friend Carol is scheduled for her 2nd dose on Thursday. Seems to be about the schedule for everybody.

2) No infections that I have heard of at any local businesses!

3) Small businesses are still hurting!!!

This week I suggest we all go to our favorite restaurant WITHOUT A MASK and sit down together, as a community. This was a great thing we did back in the day, everybody ate dinner together and discussed what was going on. We would spread so much between us, then go home and spread that same knowledge to our friends and family.

I will be at TGI Friday's (YUMMY!) this Thursday at 4 pm and would love to see everyone's smiling faces there!

Also I will be running for State Senate and would love for everyone to sign some paperwork for me at this event. I am running on a pro-2A, pro-Trump, pro-Freedom, pro-Troops "platform" and need your support to protect America from the Chicoms.

God bless America and God Bless Us All.

No matter what thread you're in, you're both a blessing and a curse that boils my blood.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Lol small businesses are hurting but let’s gather at TGI Friday’s, a large national chain, for some pizzadillas

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

life is killing me posted:

Lol small businesses are hurting but let’s gather at TGI Friday’s, a large national chain, for some pizzadillas

Fancy hat writes parody posts.
That's not a real quote my man. He's just extremely great at it

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

I feel like a regular NextDoor poster now, went full Boomer

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Big Beef City posted:

I do want to note that I have seen that exact sentiment in the wild several times. An extremely dumb person I went to college with continues to insist that the Pittsburgh Penguins need to be allowed to have 100% fan attendance or else they might go out of business.

I think conservatives are currently using "small business" to mean "place I like going to".

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
post "gently caress small businesses" on nextdoor see what happens

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hardware stores have loose fastener sections. It’s entirely possible to buy one (1) nail.

Thats not the point dummy!

She's asking why she has so many screws! Not where she can buy nails!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

This post/avatar combo is a masterwork and should be hung in a fine gallery.

I lost it at "it breaks my heart".

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

It's like meeting the man of your dreams, then meeting his beautiful wife, Gail

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
just used Nextdoor to organize my neighbors in an FCC complaint campaign with a local ISP because they refuse to fix the issues. They've been having issues that has made it impossible to do anything more than simple web pages due to packet loss, and the ISP is giving everyone the run around. Someone on DSL Reports suggested that you call the ISP, get blown off, then file an availability complaint with the FCC, which forces the ISP to respond to both you and the FCC within 30 days.

It's actually working, as multiple people have already done so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

you broke my grill posted:

what's the endgame of stealing pets

If these mysterious beasts are eating housepets doesn't that make them the opposite of prey??

GABA ghoul posted:

Strange structures sticking out of the ground. Strange structures with green stalks and colored tops sticking out of my lawn in front of my house since yesterday. Different colors in different parts. Seems like some kind of code. Are people markin my house? To steal my pet iguana (Mr. Iggy)? I think so. Have been in contact with the sheriff about it but no luck yet. Anyone else seen this or seen who put the structures there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgWHH4GMOSQ

Huh? Who's there?
Dog at the front door barking at the air
Wind all "whsshsh" in the trees
Then, "chk-chk-chk-chk, " feet on leaves
Uh, it's probably a cat
Might be a guy with an ax
Might be a trap, poo poo, it's probably a trap
Might be a possum in the trash
It's probably a trap
"Ayy, keep it moving, " God, I sound stupid
Good chance I'm not even talking to a human