Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

lurksion posted:

Guess how that's going to be patched
Diluc can already trigger Vaporizes almost constantly by interweaving normal attacks and his skill (all three hits have their own ICDs on Vaporize so each can proc one). This really doesn't do much he couldn't already do, it just allows for replacing a lot of slower normal attack spam with higher-damage plunges. The fact they Vaporize just means it's actually a viable DPS increase instead of an interesting but ultimately gimmicky thing.

Even then, it seems pretty hard to actually do unless you've got a ton of practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

That 40% reduction in defense in abyss is going to be pretty baller for Xiao.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Nice to have something more to do with Diluc, at least!

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Speaking of tech, apparently Keqing can get multiple fires of E (up to 3) off through animation canceling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OEC2YVLHKY

2x
E > Charged (E explodes) > Dash Cancel > E Teleport Slash
E > E Teleport Slash > Dash Cancel > E Teleport Slash

3x
E > Charged (E explodes) > Dash Cancel > E Teleport Slash > Dash Cancel > E Teleport Slash

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My issue with the first and third is they eat up a lot of stamina on a character who can't afford it. Second possibly looks legitimately useful though.

EDIT: yeah the second one seems too hard... if anyone has any idea how to replicate this, would appreciate any tips!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 8, 2021

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

No Wave posted:

My issue with the first and third is they eat up a lot of stamina on a character who can't afford it. Second possibly looks legitimately useful though.

EDIT: yeah the second one seems too hard... if anyone has any idea how to replicate this, would appreciate any tips!

No dice for me either. I was able to replicate the first one somewhat reliably, but I found it harder when actually hitting an enemy (the hitstop on the charge attack messes with the dash timing), and much harder when playing at 60 fps. And I kinda agree on that combo not being good anyway.

For now, I'm writing this off as a neat, but impractical, trick.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm filing a restraining order against Xiangling, After C6'ing her last week I've gotten three more copies. When the Hu Tao banner started, Xiangling was only sitting at around C4, and on my Asia account I've pulled her three times total now.

I've only been playing since late January, I've pulled 12 Xingalings + the free one you get from The Abyss.

The being said, she's incredibly fun to use at C6 because everything is on fire at all times and she gets her ultimate back up so fast that it's like a 70% uptime as my sub-DPS.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

I'm filing a restraining order against Xiangling, After C6'ing her last week I've gotten three more copies. When the Hu Tao banner started, Xiangling was only sitting at around C4, and on my Asia account I've pulled her three times total now.

I've only been playing since late January, I've pulled 12 Xingalings + the free one you get from The Abyss.

The being said, she's incredibly fun to use at C6 because everything is on fire at all times and she gets her ultimate back up so fast that it's like a 70% uptime as my sub-DPS.
The more I play the more broken I find she is. She applies the best element extremely fast and consistently with her Q and does crazy damage when she does it, and her constellations give +pyro damage and -pyro resist... how do you even design a stronger character? Her E kind of sucks and you have to give her a ton of ER but the payoff is good enough that it doesn't matter (plus, if you're lucky enough to have a high rank favonious lance, it's like she can actually generate energy). My fastest clearing abyss team doesn't do anything except vaporize her pyronado, it's all you need to do.

That said, wasted pulls suck and she seems to pop up too much for a lot of people. Sorry for your lots.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 8, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Even for a gacha game getting a character when they're already C6 is just blatantly lovely.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Even for a gacha game getting a character when they're already C6 is just blatantly lovely.

100% which is why I refuse to pull on a banner I have a C6. Its beyond not worth it.

Its probably one of the worst aspects of the game.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If I have a solid 90 Klee for DPS, but I wanted to get into Abyss these days, should I focus now on my C1 Keqing or C0 Diluc for my B team?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Diluc will stomp either side of the abyss just as hard as Klee does. Despite just capping Keqing and her Jade Cutter I’m contemplating leveling him up next just for that. And because whenever I have a 50/50 anymore the game decides I need another Diluc constellation. :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think Diluc is very good without Xingqiu (I like Ninguang+Albedo more than any non-Xingqiu Diluc comp that comes to mind). If you have a plan for Klee that doesn't involve Xingqiu you can level Diluc. I prioritize leveling main damage dealers of other elements just out of personal preference so I don't know the best comps for running a pyro left clicker on each side.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 8, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can confirm trying to run pyro (Hu Tao and Diluc) on either side of the Abyss is a headache due to XQ. having elemental variety between your carries will serve you better assuming they don't heavily compete for the same supports.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kaeya, Benny, Sucrose, and Albedo are all right there to add tons of damage to the equation. That being said I do run Ning-Albedo on my second team too because it’s just a drat fun comp. But a melt comp for Diluc (or Klee) would be powerful too.

E: Specifically I run Ning, Fischl, Bennett, Albedo for B side unless I need to swap in an element for a fatui shield. poo poo slaps.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ganyu's a better Klee enabler, change my mind :colbert:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Does that actually work? I would imagine you'd just reverse melt Ganyu's icicles.

Oh yeah didn't answer your Keqing question. At C1 I would probably go for it at some point with an electro build but building comps for her is just so awkward. I used to just give her Bennett and Xiangling to carry her but these days am running 3 electro with Jean. I would maybe even look at Keqing/Fischl/Beidou/Barbara with Thundersoothers if you have any but I understand that's a little weird.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 8, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I don’t have Ganyu to test it with but you should be able to get in a rhythm of landing charge attacks right after the icicle drops for big orange numbers. Plus Ganyu’s charged shots can apply cryo to large-ish groups quickly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You would have to precisely charge attack once every two seconds with no other attacks allowed (from anyone non-cryo). It's just not realistic and even if it did work it would be a worse ganyu.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There's definitely a slight rhythm to doing Pyro-melts consistently. I've found that waiting at least a split second between charged attacks is the best to avoid a reverse proc, but you should be doing that anyway. Even if you do get off rhythm, it's easy to get back on track due to how often Ganyu's burst hits.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even with Kaeya + Ganyu you'll still run into issues, specially when she pops her burst at which point you'll be reverse melting ganyus damage, which isnt bad but its not optimal in this case. Maybe ganyu + rosaria will finally be enough to get proper melts during burst windows, but its not looking good so far

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rosaria might be good enough to just be the reverse melt payoff the way Xiangling is the reverse vape payoff. Like Klee or Hu Tao just reverse melting Rosaria's ult (Rosaria's CD lines up perfectly with Hu Tao) should be quite strong and easy to do.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

actually nah.

kater fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 9, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I haven't had much trouble doing big charge melts as Klee. Granted I don't typically use her burst or normals, which I don't care for. I usually just cycle through everyone else's bursts, swap Klee and alternate charges/jumpties until empty, then repeat. If I do use Klee's burst, it's never during Ganyu's.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I run Ganyu with Klee because Klee is my main and Ganyu is cute. :unsmith:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

RealFoxy posted:

I've got C5 XL and Pyronado is just out for so long. It's a fantastic pyro applicator for vape/melt teams and I only wish I could recharge her energy faster without moving away from my non-Pyro carry.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Xiangling is functionally the carry in the Chinese XL/Benny/Chong/XQ team, which is very powerful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What's Bennett doing in that team?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Some Numbers posted:

What's Bennett doing in that team?

Being a broken jack of all support and pyro resonance to help xingling get better energy gain.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is that really a question we ever need to ask any more?

But he's especially good in that team because Xiangling needs help with energy generation which Bennett is ideal for, if you cast pyronado in Bennett ult is snapshots the atk value so it has boosted ATK the whole 10/14 second duration even if Bennett's ult disappears, and it boosts Chongyun's Q.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

To do Bennett things

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
he's obviously there to bring the team good luck

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What makes Venti so good? To be honest every time I’ve done a coop domain with a Venti I’ve always hated it cause I can’t attack the things he throws up into the air and he seems to do that 24/7 so I’m not sure why I’d want that.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Whenever someone asks what Bennett or XQ are doing in a team the answer is just "yes".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

What makes Venti so good? To be honest every time I’ve done a coop domain with a Venti I’ve always hated it cause I can’t attack the things he throws up into the air and he seems to do that 24/7 so I’m not sure why I’d want that.

He hits hard, reduces elemental resist, groups up enemies, generates ton of energy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

VV support, hefty skill damage, spammable burst that CCs enemies and will charge Venti + teammates of the infused element by 15 energy, also overworld mobility skill

but yeah i also hate how he makes stuff much less consistent to hit with a large portion of the cast.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

gandlethorpe posted:

To do Bennett things

Right, but he's not Liyuean, so he doesn't fit the theme.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Chinese means CN Genshin community, not that the characters are all Liyuean

i don't think you get a Liyue-only team without compromising on power and/or having to include 5*, when the country team is notable for being 4* only (though requiring some specific cons)

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Boris Galerkin posted:

He makes farming trash very easy and is also strong in all other aspects of the game. Just being able to E>Q overworld and 1 shot an entire group which also recharges your ult for the next group makes it so easy if you're lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

I don't think Diluc is very good without Xingqiu

I tried to run him with Ganyu since she doesn't synergize very well with other characters and I figured I'd just have him around to swap to when I'm fighting things she's weak against (enemies with shields, cryo immunes, and situations where you don't have the opportunity to charge shots). It doesn't work well. Dude sucks without XQ but I aint giving up Venti to slot him in. Ningguang fills this role pretty well though since she doesn't need anybody.