Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh my spine !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

world on a wire is real good

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
rip that guy's elbow

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

watched what we left behind last night. if you are into ds9 it's great

also if you're not into ds9 it's great

im mixed on it. it was nice to see the cast again but it’s heavily constrained by being ira’s project and avery’s absence is heavily felt

their spec for s8 mostly made me glad it ended when it did (extremely to cringe name the ship the uss emmet till)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PCjr sidecar posted:

im mixed on it. it was nice to see the cast again but it’s heavily constrained by being ira’s project and avery’s absence is heavily felt

their spec for s8 mostly made me glad it ended when it did (extremely to cringe name the ship the uss emmet till)

I gave them a couple mulligans on that.

i think ira is a horrible fedora and would probably get into a fight with him. but he's The Guy and i'll be quite honest here, it was just really nice to see rene and terry and nana being healthy and happy and having a good time.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

F

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
he was absolutely picard tier and i wish him the best time in the ether

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

looked up something about that movie, saw this factoid:

quote:

Adam Nimoy, son of Leonard Nimoy, became director and a producer of the documentary after finishing For the Love of Spock. He later stepped down from the project due to other commitments and getting married to Terry Farrell.

it’s got to be weird to be a star trek celebrity. small world, i guess

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i imagine the house parties are kinda tight. i bet its very weird but fun

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anyways 2020s kira is an absolute smokeshow, no apologies

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PCjr sidecar posted:

looked up something about that movie, saw this factoid:
they make a cute couple

mazel tov you crazy kids :3:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

oh my spine !!

https://twitter.com/declouxj/status/1368933002068246542

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol at how far off the guy in back's reaction is, I mean it's not as if you can just split the shot into two elements and re-time him to jump as the claw comes through the roof.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol at how far off the guy in back's reaction is

tfw you're not paying attention on the work zoom

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember the early days of cg where even in big hollywood movies the actors' eyelines would be all over the place or they'd just not bother with any kind of set like the peter jackson king kong

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

cg peaked with last starfighter. everything since has just been trying to make it more realistic, but all they've accomplished is making it look dated quicker

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Aron Eisenberg / Nog died in 2019 too.

Also I always thought the actor was 13 or something when the show was made, not 25.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

On December 28, 2018, Eisenberg eloped with Malíssa Longo.[11] He was also a father to two sons.[12]

Eisenberg died of heart failure[13] on September 21, 2019, at the age of 50.[11][14][15]

awww
Rest in peace, king.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

He ruled, I didn't realize until I watched the hbomberguy video on fallout new vegas that he was the voice of mr house.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ST Discovery also memorialized him with the Eisenberg-class

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's cool that starfleet has apparently kept a continuous hull number sequence for over 1000 years.

the F-35 is called the F-35 instead of the sequentially correct F-24 because one general was asked what the designation for the new X-35-based fighter would be, he thought for a second and said "F-35 of course," and nobody wanted to embarrass him

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

it's cool that starfleet has apparently kept a continuous hull number sequence for over 1000 years.

the F-35 is called the F-35 instead of the sequentially correct F-24 because one general was asked what the designation for the new X-35-based fighter would be, he thought for a second and said "F-35 of course," and nobody wanted to embarrass him

still waiting for the true stories behind windows 8-10, iphone 8-X

not sure if i have the patience for xbone

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
code:
public static final boolean isWindows9x = _OS_NAME.startsWith("windows 9") || _OS_NAME.startsWith("windows me");

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i heard that was not correct but it's still funny

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
apocryphal windows lore

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jabor posted:

code:
public static final boolean isWindows9x = _OS_NAME.startsWith("windows 9") || _OS_NAME.startsWith("windows me");

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvd3aEsThbc&t=11s

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i heard that was not correct but it's still funny

its not correct if you assume everyone only ever used the proper ms approved way of retrieving the os version

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

qirex posted:

remember the early days of cg where even in big hollywood movies the actors' eyelines would be all over the place or they'd just not bother with any kind of set like the peter jackson king kong

look at the puppet kid.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

duz posted:

its not correct if you assume everyone only ever used the proper ms approved way of retrieving the os version

haha, yikes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

I gave them a couple mulligans on that.

i think ira is a horrible fedora and would probably get into a fight with him. but he's The Guy and i'll be quite honest here, it was just really nice to see rene and terry and nana being healthy and happy and having a good time.

ira seems like the guy you'd get into heated arguments with over details in the work, but in the end you both come out with something better than you had going in that you feel good about. not a personality everyone can get along with, but given the right crew can make something fantastic.

like less creeper fedora and more technical manuals fedora.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also goddamn ds9 was just loving stacked with talent on both sides of the camera.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
watching through hannibal again and drinking wine lol

so fuckin good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
in the horse episode the bird startles scott thompson and he makes the most shocked face it's hilarious

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
scott thompson is in hannibal?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the fbi crime lab, considered one of the best forensic teams in the world, exists on the show solely so hannibal or will can point out things they did wrong and prove how much smarter they are, it’s hilarious

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

scott thompson is in hannibal?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

the fbi crime lab, considered one of the best forensic teams in the world, exists on the show solely so hannibal or will can point out things they did wrong and prove how much smarter they are, it’s hilarious

they're like the lone gunmen in x-files

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hannibal is very very x-files