Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Joey Barton saying Thiago Silva looked like an "overweight ladyboy"

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4g4gfz trumps it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

the brief period when Barton tried to reinvent himself as a tragic, misunderstood intellectual. Wasn't he even on Question Time once?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovfYaQoPoY

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

That reminds me:

Also lol at that being the house Klopp stayed in when he first moved there and the picture was still there.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ken bates banning the BBC from Elland Road and setting up his own radio station, the highlight of which was a weekly 'ask the chairman' segment where he'd Skype in from Monaco and the presenter would ask him approved questions of the 'just what is it that makes you so successful' variety for a couple of hours

They did a contest once where the prize was a ticket to the Monaco grand prix, where Ken was very clear to point out that the winner would have to pay for their own travel, accommodation and additional tickets if they wanted to bring a friend

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1097505687792422912?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

This is actually appropriate as a straight red carries a harsher penalty than a 2nd yellow iirc.

Something like an auto 3 game ban which can be appealed for a straight red.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

This is actually appropriate as a straight red carries a harsher penalty than a 2nd yellow iirc.

Something like an auto 3 game ban which can be appealed for a straight red.

You can just tell him instead of making him get out of the shower

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

You can just tell him instead of making him get out of the shower

No... obviously

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

A recent story on Lichsteiner reminded me how he joined in on this just to troll Serbian fans.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
when jordan pickford crocked virgil van dijk's cruciate with the worst scissor tackle since paul scholes and didnt even concede a penalty due to england no. 1 privileges

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
hard to pick one moment from the last 20 years so ill go for a recent one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Birmingham retiring a shirt for a player who made 44 appearances

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/12034786/jude-bellingham-birmingham-retire-number-22-shirt-in-recognition-of-youngster

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqzXw3fygBg

The good old days.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Luis Suarez bit three different defenders over a period of years.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Peter Crouch. Just in general.

When Liverpool paid £35 million for Andy Carroll

Rangers buying Tore Andre Flo for 40 times what Chelsea paid (12 million versus 300k)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Peter Crouch. Just in general.

When Liverpool paid £35 million for Andy Carroll

Rangers buying Tore Andre Flo for 40 times what Chelsea paid (12 million versus 300k)

£35,012,000

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Well, he must have gotten sick or died in an accident, I guess that's kind of noble to d... wait, no, he was sold to a team better than Birmingham City, the loftiest goal of any Birmingham City player

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Wasn't that against the same team who had a defender bust Maradona's ankle with a tackle and then go off and have the boots he made the tackle with dipped in bronze or something like that?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Crazy Ted posted:

Wasn't that against the same team who had a defender bust Maradona's ankle with a tackle and then go off and have the boots he made the tackle with dipped in bronze or something like that?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/zmekx8/how-the-butcher-of-bilbao-almost-ended-diego-maradonas-career

Goiko reportedly put his boots in a display case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8_JYHtvTS8

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Liam Ridgewell wiping his arse with £20 notes on instagram and becoming 'the most DISGUSTING footballer in HISTORY' overnight

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

the sex ghost posted:

Liam Ridgewell wiping his arse with £20 notes on instagram and becoming 'the most DISGUSTING footballer in HISTORY' overnight

this reminded me of when liam ridgewell scored this goal against some really impressively bad defending in mls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mZQPRTpa5w

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lescott posting a picture of his new car after Villa for loving smashed and were on a run of really bad form

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

CyberPingu posted:

Lescott posting a picture of his new car after Villa for loving smashed and were on a run of really bad form

didn't he claim he tweeted his car by mistake as his phone unlocked in his pocket?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

didn't he claim he tweeted his car by mistake as his phone unlocked in his pocket?

Yes. Holy gently caress how did I forget that part.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Yes. Holy gently caress how did I forget that part.

Too busy crowning...

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Goiko is an absolute lad.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

britishbornandbread posted:

iirc it was tweeted as a reply to someone telling him he was poo poo too

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like Owen was the originator of 'post a pic of the trophy case when someone says you're poo poo' back in the very early days of twitter. Big fan of that posting technique

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

the sex ghost posted:

Me and my m9 road tripping across the States and going to a game at the Jeld Wen arena and shouting oval office at Liam Ridgwell for having done this and having all the rooting section turn to look at us aghast

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

That reminds me of my one experience attending an MLS game, I stopped in Philly on a road trip to watch Union vs NYC FC. There was an 8 year old kid in front of me who was clearly being raised in the finest traditions of Philadelphia sports fans, he had some good ones but the only one I can remember is that every time Andrew Wenger stopped nearby for a throw-in this kid would be yelling "Andrew Wanker! You loving suck!" and of course the kid and his dad were wearing Philly shirts and Wenger played for Philly at the time.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Feel like Owen was the originator of 'post a pic of the trophy case when someone says you're poo poo' back in the very early days of twitter. Big fan of that posting technique

Frankie Munoz (Malcom from Malcom in the middle) was notorious for this poo poo. When people would tweet "you're a poo poo actor" he would respond "I retired at 19 with $90m in my bank." Effectively ending that

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Butterfly Valley posted:

Me and my m9 road tripping across the States and going to a game at the Jeld Wen arena and shouting oval office at Liam Ridgwell for having done this and having all the rooting section turn to look at us aghast

Uhm, we appreciate your passion, friend, but at the Jeld-Wen we choose to engage in radical positivity *hands you the chants sheet*

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

the sex ghost posted:

Michael Owen ran over a rabbit and told all of his followers on twitter about it

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
the op is just being modest not posting this gem

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3536416&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post413349716

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
when paolo maldini, in his forties, decided to try and sell avril lavigne's wardrobe to forty year old men