Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Killstealing is a teachable moment that next time you should kill the dude better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It's not like objective-based actually stops killing from being a major thing, most games even stop regardless if the objective is completed when everyone's dead. If anything objective-based is for people who want to apply teamwork/strategy outside of herding. Planting a bomb is pretty much the BR ring for TDM.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just finished mafia definitive edition, which I thought would be a mediocre filler game in this drought, but it was really good and I feel bad for never giving it a shot when it was new. Too bad they apparently didn't put the effort into remastering 2 as much.

Edit: it's basically a whole new game. Holy poo poo. No wonder I slept on the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RARjkBzniNM

yeah mafia de is great. best game in the whole series.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah mafia de is great. best game in the whole series.

Having played the original alot when it came out; the new voice acting really threw me when they revealed it. In the original Tommy sounds more morally conflicted, but in the DE he sounds downright sinister. Just a minor gripe though, the rest of it looks great.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Seriously though give us Quake

Basically this. Such a drat good game unlike Quake 2

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ErrEff posted:

Apparently you can do this without defeating the superbosses to get the final costume, if you just need the Hare-Raiser outfit for Jade (which is the last one most people will be unlocking).

This was recently posted in a TrueAchievements comment, hidden deep in a guide:

Other posters have confirmed it works. Have yet to try it myself, I found it just now because I've also been frustrated with those superbosses for a while.

good news this works i am now one of the .46% of players to get all the cheevos

maybe could have beaten the final superboss anyway after i bothered crafting catholirings for everyone but whatever

also wow 2d plays so much faster than 3d lmao... you get through slyvando’s chapter in like, 90 seconds. crossing the world map is like instantaneous

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fanatic posted:

Having played the original alot when it came out; the new voice acting really threw me when they revealed it. In the original Tommy sounds more morally conflicted, but in the DE he sounds downright sinister. Just a minor gripe though, the rest of it looks great.

The va threw me cause half the actors are doing ny accents and half are doing chicago and it sounds weird af

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just realized it shows the steam logo on my xbox profile?? did i do that at some point. it doesnt let me edit anything but location and bio

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

The va threw me cause half the actors are doing ny accents and half are doing chicago and it sounds weird af

Yeah and the main character is trying way too hard to be Robert De Niro. Definitely the most "nasal exhaling" audio in a video game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

just realized it shows the steam logo on my xbox profile?? did i do that at some point. it doesnt let me edit anything but location and bio

I remember having to edit this from the web store on my laptop.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

John F Bennett posted:

Why am I only discovering Subnautica now? The gameplay is very much my thing.

It's on game pass btw, if you're not aware.

This game really nails the nostalgia of your first drive out of town to see a concert, brimming with excitement, except you park in a private garage and get towed and nearly nobody has a cell phone yet and the only people you know are hundreds of miles away.

You beg your way onto the last bus of the night to the lot your car was towed to (since you left your wallet in your glovebox) only to find that you're $6 short of the $100 they want to release the car, and send you out alone into the night.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Barudak posted:

Basically this. Such a drat good game unlike Quake 2

:chloe:

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Agreed, Quake 2 fuckin' sucks.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Jesus Christ

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

It did and does though.

Anyone else remember being disappointing at how slow the rockets traveled? Oh man, the community was so pissed lol. Everyone I know played Quake until Loki's minions had been out for a while.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Quake 2 ruled. The default blaster was chunky, cool, and every shot left a satisfying trail of fat orange particles. Campaign was good, the multiplayer amazing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Are any of the media remotes any good

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

elf help book posted:

Are any of the media remotes any good

The first gen Xbone OEM one was the only remote in our living room for a while. It felt nice and worked pretty well. Simple enough to be able to hand to a guest. Only downer was the battery cover on the back got to the point where it'd fall off if you looked at it.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Official Bethesda acquisition statement
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/09/officially-welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

Additional games coming to Gamepass 'later this week', 'some new titles' in the future will be Xbox/PC exclusive.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Give us a drat 60fps patch for Fallout 4 and put it on Game pass.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Happy Hedonist posted:

Give us a drat 60fps patch for Fallout 4 and put it on Game pass.

You can do this with a mod and still get cheevos. I couldn't wait and picked it up on sale

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I hope it's going to be Oblivion GOTY edition, hell yeah.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Prepare to see that "some games are exclusive" mean that Sony is still getting Bethesda's best games for eternity.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think it's the opposite actually. They'll get the GaaS games and games that require a large player base, not the mainline titles.

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1369301336106360832

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

American McGay posted:

I think it's the opposite actually. They'll get the GaaS games and games that require a large player base, not the mainline titles.

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1369301336106360832
I agree, but some folks will need to validate their purchases.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing a fo or es game on console is dumber than caring what console they come to

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Prepare to see that "some games are exclusive" mean that Sony is still getting Bethesda's best games for eternity.

They'll get Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and <throws dart at bad idea dartboard> Catacombs 3D: Procedural Dungeon Looter

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
My take on it is that when they say “some games” they mean Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop will still be on Playstation due to prior agreements but everything else will be exclusive.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I would be very surprised if a single singleplayer only title like ES or Fallout comes out on the Playstation ever again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Prey 3: Prey 2 to be exclusive

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It could go either way. Honestly I don’t even think Microsoft knows if Elder 6 will be exclusive or not yet. Lowering the number of units sold on a game by millions might be an expensive gamble that isn’t recovered for via increased Xbox sales. My guess is they’re going to test the exclusivity waters first on some other, less popular Zenimax franchise and see how that goes first, like a new Wolfenstein or Dishonored title kind of thing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

But anyway

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1369301893818769424?s=20

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Fact is we're just going to have to wait and see.

They may make no more than has already been announced as coming to another platform launch there.

They may decide that whatever is deep in development and has had a lot of resources already put into another platform port still launch there, why throw that work away.

They may continue to port almost everything, just make it free on Gamepass, or do early releases on Gamepass...

We just don't know.

Only thing we do know is they felt actually buying Bethesda and investing that money was a better idea than say paying for exclusives, so there's got to be some motivation there to spend a huge amount rather than just a large amount to get some part of these games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They bought Bethesda because I kept meaning to buy The Evil Within but never did

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why do some people get mad at the idea of a game not being exclusive on their console choice? Is it just a console wars thing, or are there legitimate worries that developing on both platforms hurts the finished product somehow (due to resource allocation, etc.)?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's 100% console warrior poo poo. It's funny to see the Sony people who for the past 10 years have touted Playstation's exclusives as the reason to own a PS console over an Xbox freaking out about the prospect of some titles being exclusive to Xbox consoles in the figure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bethesda games have been total trash on ps consoles for all of their history too

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

It's 100% console warrior poo poo. It's funny to see the Sony people who for the past 10 years have touted Playstation's exclusives as the reason to own a PS console over an Xbox freaking out about the prospect of some titles being exclusive to Xbox consoles in the figure.

I can understand being disappointed if a franchise or developer you enjoy go to a platform you don't own. Consoles are expensive and it's hard to justify buying more than one.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

They may decide that whatever is deep in development and has had a lot of resources already put into another platform port

We've really got to toss this point. We're not in the old gens where they had entirely different dev kits. These are PCs with different quirks. Unless the games are months from release, platform specfic development is UI and dual sense right now. Either way they're saving money by taking those devs off that and putting them back into the fold to work on a singular release. You're forgetting they would still have to publish and distribute the thing, both costly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zerot posted:

I can understand being disappointed if a franchise or developer you enjoy go to a platform you don't own. Consoles are expensive and it's hard to justify buying more than one.

The more worrying thing would be making them Microsoft Store exclusives on pc I think, but given that most of their franchises have made it to steam at this point, I would not be too worried about that.