Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I was really hoping the Sunbeams would have gotten past that 5 run marker in their (2)4-5 loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

A Single Sphink posted:

I was really hoping the Sunbeams would have gotten past that 5 run marker in their (2)4-5 loss.

the Flowers were gonna win that game no matter how many wins it cost them

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Using the incineration of Sutton Picklestein (RIV) as a marketing opportunity is a choice.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

tinstaach posted:

BREAKING: Blaseball economy collapses as Wyatt Glover goes hitless in their first 9 season appearances

fixed this for you

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Was that screenshot of the data witches earning someone coins for black holes real? are we in blaseball{n} territory again? I haven't had time to dive in today, especially not between shitposting about the bizarre datacrime of Don Mitchell's replication whilst being swept away and L O N G B O S S.

Obviously, the Coin's shift in tone is important but I'd like to point out the wording around Her pronouncement about MVPs.

quote:

Delivering Our MVPs.

the vc-speak side of it as 'minimum viable product' when coupled with the verb 'deliver' is moderately obvious but uh, have y'all noticed how we're getting a lot more defined locations / states?

Some of these are loose and may refer to the same thing but: we obviously have the Immaterial Plane, the Hall, the Shadows, elsewhere, whatever the gently caress Released is especially in the context of that there is now Home w/ Based Evolution, the Under and presumably the Over (I'm assuming this is where the big leagues/blaseball2 are given some context from the events around flooding but that's entirely speculation), the Trench (under?), the nebulous context of the Void which seems to mean the Shadows or Hall depending on the other target.

also what the HELL was that tacos game? 15-0 is bonkers

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

After being elsewhere for 11 games, Hotbox sato got incinerated RIV

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Using the incineration of Sutton Picklestein (RIV) as a marketing opportunity is a choice.

This has been the case for basically every incineration, except the backfire on the Umpire which was played straight, from memory.

Unless you’re referring to the character of The Commissioner, and not the real actual person behind the Twitter account; in which case, carry on.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

marhom posted:

Obviously, the Coin's shift in tone is important but I'd like to point out the wording around Her pronouncement about MVPs.

quote:

Delivering Our MVPs.

the vc-speak side of it as 'minimum viable product' when coupled with the verb 'deliver' is moderately obvious but uh, have y'all noticed how we're getting a lot more defined locations / states?

the characters are getting less otherworldly and more directly related to the real world so this isn't a surprise. we're in for Story and What It All Means in this era.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

marhom posted:

Was that screenshot of the data witches earning someone coins for black holes real? are we in blaseball{n} territory again? I haven't had time to dive in today, especially not between shitposting about the bizarre datacrime of Don Mitchell's replication whilst being swept away and L O N G B O S S.

Real screenshot that was the result of a bug: for a while it was displaying your favorite team as part of that message regardless of which team triggered BH, now it's just "You earned X coins from Black Hole being activated Y times." with no team mention.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

drat, have Smoothies been the best investment I ever made.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Heads up all, Pickles + Morin = the best idol earner by a large margin.

What Blessings are other teams thinking of pursuing this time around? Mills have had more debate on this cycle of Wills/Blessings than anything in a while. Though a lot of it is very dumb.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Max Peck posted:

Real screenshot that was the result of a bug: for a while it was displaying your favorite team as part of that message regardless of which team triggered BH, now it's just "You earned X coins from Black Hole being activated Y times." with no team mention.

Makes a whole lot more sense, thanks.

harperdc posted:

quote:

the characters are getting less otherworldly and more directly related to the real world so this isn't a surprise. we're in for Story and What It All Means in this era.

Well, I specifically meant that the normal language of the Coin would immediately point to the former, reinforcing one of the central conceits around the Boss, but I am betting it's a fakeout and we're going to be Delivering the MVPs above the line to ... somewhere, and it's not going to be good.

Also did I miss... something this morning with the community? Lot of the (absolutely correct) SIBR post about canon being fake going around.

e:

Nephzinho posted:

Heads up all, Pickles + Morin = the best idol earner by a large margin.

What Blessings are other teams thinking of pursuing this time around? Mills have had more debate on this cycle of Wills/Blessings than anything in a while. Though a lot of it is very dumb.

Wills (and that game vs. the mechanics last night) finally got me to try and be in the discord more. I'm just glad NaN somehow dodged getting feedbacked over FIFTEEN INNINGS

marhom fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 9, 2021

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im curious which team is the most goon-loved team

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

The blessings this season seem pretty weak to me, Wings are more focused on passing Force Fields Decree.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Well, I myself am at the Wild Wings and loving it. Although the Tacos seem to do the most fun stuff.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Tacos forever

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My guess was either the Tacos or the Crabs.

I love my shoe thieves but I would not describe the energy of their discord as particularly goon-y

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

I was with the Crabs, then I moved to the Firefighters after Ascension (because of Chiclawgo, I guess), and I'll probably stick around.

I do like the guy who does the twitch channel for the Shoe Thieves; it's kind of a fun deal. I wonder if there's anything like that for any other teams.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Average Lettuce posted:

The blessings this season seem pretty weak to me, Wings are more focused on passing Force Fields Decree.

I think Force Fields is going to win by a landslide.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mints, because who doesn't love a loser? Also they are chill and nice.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I'm all for the HELLMOUTH SUNBEAMS (and also now the Ohio Worms) GO WORMBEAMS!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nephzinho posted:

I think Force Fields is going to win by a landslide.

Which is a bummer. I think extra wills is the better equalizer

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I’m a Tacos man. Who doesn’t like a team where almost everyone hits around .200 but hits a massive amount of dingers?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Which is a bummer. I think extra wills is the better equalizer

Yeah my ideal version of blaseball enforces parity through wild swings in team quality, so seeing Force Fields pass with like 80% of the vote will suck

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

tinstaach posted:

Yeah my ideal version of blaseball enforces parity through wild swings in team quality, so seeing Force Fields pass with like 80% of the vote will suck

eh, it still only protects one, wild swings are still very possible. And to be honest while wild swings are fun (and better for smaller teams like the Wings) if every thing becomes super random, I think it looses a bit of the fun, you can't build on anything.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Fridays got them bad vibes. Lost Nagoni before the season and lost 4 star Hotdogfingers for a 2 star pitcher. Yeesh

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Extra Wills would result in crazy crazy things happening and a LOT more player theft.

Any Crabs in here, how much was the first renovation you funded? How much is the second?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

the Mechs are claiming every pitcher worth their salt

but can't swing a bat worth poo poo

so last in the division with PokaDot and Jaylen

A+ incredible great job gang

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Sockser posted:

the Mechs are claiming every pitcher worth their salt

but can't swing a bat worth poo poo

so last in the division with PokaDot and Jaylen

A+ incredible great job gang

Seems like the Wings eheh, but hey, you got to start somewhere.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

The beams have one of the best rated offenses in the league, but defense is abysmal and we got really unlucky with black hole weather when we should have been winning games.

The beams lost a game 24-5.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fridays got them bad vibes. Lost Nagoni before the season and lost 4 star Hotdogfingers for a 2 star pitcher. Yeesh

When you get Jaylen on your team, you have to accept that you're only renting her because she has the Fliickerrriiing mod that makes her highly susceptible to Feedback.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Aardvark Barber posted:

The beams have one of the best rated offenses in the league, but defense is abysmal and we got really unlucky with black hole weather when we should have been winning games.

The beams lost a game 24-5.

It was sobering to watch the Beams just body us Spies this morning. Our top of the division status seems flimsy at best.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Nephzinho posted:

Extra Wills would result in crazy crazy things happening and a LOT more player theft.

Any Crabs in here, how much was the first renovation you funded? How much is the second?

It's hard to say. We have a bit of a tracker going for the renovations in the discord for the onces we were trying to get but not sure we have any serious idea how much was actually contributed outside of the sheet. I'd wager maybe 1-2 mill for the first reno and I suspect it might scale up after that. It seems like we only have one rennovation funded so far but are ~45% to another. We might know totals after latesiesta when everything drops.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bremma posted:

It's hard to say. We have a bit of a tracker going for the renovations in the discord for the onces we were trying to get but not sure we have any serious idea how much was actually contributed outside of the sheet. I'd wager maybe 1-2 mill for the first reno and I suspect it might scale up after that. It seems like we only have one rennovation funded so far but are ~45% to another. We might know totals after latesiesta when everything drops.

Realy interested to see if costs are going to be linear or exponential for upgrades, as well as if they're going to reset to "base" between seasons. How the scaling works is going to have a pretty huge impact on how the big teams do compared to small teams.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Not sure how limiting it’ll be because even the Tokyo Lift (which I fluted to once they joined from the Garages) got to 100% for the stadium in a few hours after this opened.

Lift are looking at Free Wills as a way to boost a bad team, not necessarily to snipe good players away. I think consensus on that is being low on the order means trying to steal a player is liable to backfire.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Do stadiums keep taking funding if they're still listed as 100% or is that me?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They do. You should probably stop at 100%

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It did for me too

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You can keep pumping money into them if you really really want to make sure the prefab you pick wins

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It says that the ballpark type that gets the most coins gets chosen. But Fridays discord seems pretty unified behind Loge so that will probably win. The counter reached 100% almost immediately but I still put in 5k coins on Loge because, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Apparently the person doing the stats for Mills to make decisions on Wills/Blessings didn't know why the batting order was important and hadn't factored it into anything. This bodes well for having more control over team development. My initial joining the discord to get more involved has immediately pivoted to enjoying watching people try to figure out moneyblall from scratch.