Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Bethesda/MS deal has been finalised

guess I'm getting a Series X instead of a PiS5

a day which will live in infamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I doubt they're going to make existing cross-platform franchises true exclusives. Timed exclusives, maybe.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I suppose for many people it won't make that much of a difference either way. Bethesda games have always been best on PC, where modding them is easiest, so that's where people will preferentially buy them if they have a system that can run the game. I can see why they'd go for an exclusivity deal like that - from their perspective, it probably doesn't cost them much.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Sakurazuka posted:

Might be time to get a new PC

You've got like 3-5 years before any of their stuff comes out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah just when it might be reasonable to buy a new graphics card.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Volte posted:

I doubt they're going to make existing cross-platform franchises true exclusives. Timed exclusives, maybe.

Yeah, why throw $ away when the bigger player base is on Sony. I guess they could gamble that a bunch of people would buy xcrap if they put some title on MS only.

Doom
TES
Fallout

Pretty sure those are the only things big enough that they might be system sellers.

Fallout is and has been garbage for a while now.
TES is very PC oriented and seems to be released for everything eventually.
Doom might be a problem, though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The idea of id making a console-only game... Seems sacrilegious

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Bethesda/MS deal has been finalised

guess I'm getting a Series X instead of a PiS5

Lol tbqf I do play quite a few bethesda games but not having any Bethesda games on playstation is like a blessing in disguise cuz ill have more time to play actual good games

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TES/Fallout being exclusive is literally the only reason I would buy an Xbox and I would do it without question for those. I really doubt they would do that but I mean, I’m proof there are doofuses out there who would dive in if so. I’m the bad gamer. Shame me it’s okay.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doom 2023 is gonna be Series/PC exclusive . Believe that.

Time to get both consoles :greenangel:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm okay with not playing DOOM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If they get Prey running decently on a console then I’m going all on on Xbox

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Kilometers Davis posted:

TES/Fallout being exclusive is literally the only reason I would buy an Xbox and I would do it without question for those. I really doubt they would do that but I mean, I’m proof there are doofuses out there who would dive in if so. I’m the bad gamer. Shame me it’s okay.

:laffo: I would do it if they were even timed exclusives

It's me, the guy who's put in more time on Skyrim than any other game this generation except for maybe GTA

We need an emoticon that combines :patriot: and :downs: for that but it is what it is!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfsheim posted:

:laffo: I would do it if they were even timed exclusives

It's me, the guy who's put in more time on Skyrim than any other game this generation except for maybe GTA

We need an emoticon that combines :patriot: and :downs: for that but it is what it is!

My people! :unsmith:

I still get the urge to reinstall Skyrim all the time lmao

I’ll wait for the PS5 version

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

fridge corn posted:

I'm okay with not playing DOOM
If it's like Eternal, :same:

Also Mick Gordon won't be returning to do the score, so pass.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mick Gordon is a whiny dope who burned all his bridges by acting like a total arsehole

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't hate Eternal but I'm certainly not buying another console for a sequel either

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The only Bethesda ip that im even moderately concerned about missing out on is starfield and that's only cuz we haven't had the opportunity to be disappointed by it yet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Microsoft now owns Bethesda and Obsidian?

Do it, you cowards.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Microsoft now owns Bethesda and Obsidian?

Do it, you cowards.
https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1308044609604341763

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

John Gonzalez who was the lead writer for FONV is now working on some big open-world RPG project with a Spanish start-up studio.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yeah, they kind of didnt buy the obsidian who made FONV, they bought the obsidian who made Outer Worlds. Or possibly wilds? The bad one.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Outer Worlds is the one that may or may not be bad, I don’t know, I haven’t played it, but it’s not Outer Wilds which is one of the greatest games of the generation.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, they kind of didnt buy the obsidian who made FONV, they bought the obsidian who made Outer Worlds. Or possibly wilds? The bad one.
Josh Sawyer is still there at least, and he didn't work on Outer Worlds. Outer Worlds being bad was totally down to those particular directors.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Imhotep posted:

Outer Worlds is the one that may or may not be bad,

I think almost everyone can agree that 'toothless' is the most apt description.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah this news isn’t good for Xbox it’s good for PC gamers.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Bethesda games are fine on consoles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm starfield-curious but I'm not gonna buy an xbox for it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Bethesda games are fine on consoles

*flashbacks to FO:NV and Skyrim on PS3*

oh no no no

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My brother in law played PS3 Skyrim for like 400 hours lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

load times get progressively worse as your playtime increases. if that was a single character file, oh boy

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

:hfive:

sure most of their games have bad bugs at launch but so does like every cult classic PC RPG (the first two Fallouts, VtM, etc) and everyone handwaves that away

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't think I've ever seen people hand-wave the bugs for Vampire tM. Great game but it was always terribly buggy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought my youtube problem would fix itself over night but nope.

The thing is, every time i google 'Ps4 black screen when playing youtube app" All the problems have them having sound but no image. The videos won't even start. The player is there if i hit down on the dpad, and i can see the thumbnails and they show a preview when i select the thumbnail.

As I said I've tried reinstalling the app, logging out and back in and deleting personal data, but nothing fixes it.

Anyways, I think i'm going to give God of War a try. After playing GoT i want something a bit more straightforward in the hacking and slashing and dading.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I mean it would move units but probably not that many when all is said and done, and I don't know that these new Xbox players would recoup the tens of millions they'd lose by skipping PlayStation versions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

IDK that MS cares about balancing its Xbox books right now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The idea of id making a console-only game... Seems sacrilegious

AND pc.

its ps2 era again either way. time for an upgrade.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hello everyone I love you all sorry I haven’t been around very much anyways Veeg is doing Manus https://twitch.tv/videogamessa

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bethesda is trash :byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Arkane and Id and MachineGames (half-credit) are good

Ghostwire: Tokyo is one of my most anticipated games of 2021