Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

at this point how could anyone care where ms publishes a new game, let's just see them publish any new game worth playing at all sometime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Starfield will make or break the deal. They've been hinting at giving them extra funding for it, so let's see if it pays off. I don't think I've ever"wanted" a Bethesda game, besides ogPrey2, but I'm interested to see what they do with space.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bethesda are probably the best third party single player games publishers in the business.
Doom, Wolfenstein, Prey, Evil Within, TES, Dishonored, Rage, Fallout. Like they’ve got such a good catalogue.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’m just here for whatever Arkane puts out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rage getting slipped in there with the heavy hitters

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

heard from a mufo at bethesda that all the heavy hitters will be on gamepass this week

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Real hurthling! posted:

at this point how could anyone care where ms publishes a new game, let's just see them publish any new game worth playing at all sometime soon.

They published a lot of them just last year!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bethesda are probably the best third party single player games publishers in the business.
Doom, Wolfenstein, Prey, Evil Within, TES, Dishonored, Rage, Fallout. Like they’ve got such a good catalogue.

Most of those are Nu-id games, but even they're tiresome for my tastes, I did enjoy carmacks Rage back in the day, but it's open world killed it's momentum, never touched 2.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Most of those are Nu-id games, but even they're tiresome for my tastes, I did enjoy carmacks Rage back in the day, but it's open world killed it's momentum, never touched 2.

I liked Rage 2 more than most. It's completely mindless and simple but the shooting is fun and there are some neat weapons to play around with.

I got all the achievements for the game twice and will probably do it again on PlayStation 4 at some point. Its very relaxing and a great podcast game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Doctor Nutt posted:

The more worrying thing would be making them Microsoft Store exclusives on pc I think, but given that most of their franchises have made it to steam at this point, I would not be too worried about that.

I think they’re committed to Steam as long as you commit to outright buying the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Rage2 looks like an opening world bullet storm, but I've never been able to get into gun arcade games with a controller, just feels limiting to what the games asking.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Another bonus of this is that Carmak has said he would like to work on Doom again and that is possible.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Real hurthling! posted:

Playing a fo or es game on console is dumber than caring what console they come to

Not everyone uses a pc for gaming though. Like me, I don't use my pc's for gaming.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I want more exclusives on Xbox so more people buy an Xbox so more companies make games for Xbox because I have an Xbox

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol they have Brink DLC on here, but not the game itself.

[edit]
ooh wait I guess its free to play and still running but why? lol

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 9, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anno posted:

They published a lot of them just last year!

flight sim and aoe remake were good its true

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
This headphone audio popping thing is maddening trying to pin down the cause/solution. Last night I tried plugging my headphones into all three controllers linked to my series x (2 series x gen controllers and the elite v2) and had terrible popping and distorted audio on each one. I gave up and just played with the tv super quiet and turned on subtitles.

This morning I decide to try narrowing things down a bit more, so my plan was to plug in the headphones to one of my ps4 controllers and see if it might actually be headphone specific in my case. I did that, and no popping or distortion was present. So my plan for the next step was to plug in to one of the Xbox controllers, confirm I was still getting the issues, and then see what happened if I plugged them in to the elite with a usb connection. But I plugged them in and got perfect audio clarity, no popping or distortion. And that's good, but I really would like to figure out how I can make that happen every time I want to use them!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

lol they have Brink DLC on here, but not the game itself.

[edit]
ooh wait I guess its free to play and still running but why? lol
If it's got stable servers, it's Titanfall 1 with no mechs. Wonder if they ever added any maps, that game was so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Not everyone uses a pc for gaming though. Like me, I don't use my pc's for gaming.

Ever since I started WFH, I have zero interest using a PC

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This, even if I just turn to face my TV and not my workstation without leaving my desk chair, it's enough to signal my brain we're done working.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Hell yes. PC is 100% a work thing in my mind, I don't want to game on it at all. It would depress me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It plugs into tv

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

It plugs into tv

It still very obviously runs Windows and thereby triggers work PTSD.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what should i play next

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Home PC is a desktop. Work PC is a laptop. Just different enough.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Super No Vacancy posted:

what should i play next
Carto

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

what should i play next

Splinter Cell Double Agent Xbox and then Splinter Cell Double Agent Xbox 360 and compare the differences like I'm gonna do this weekend :getin:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats carto. kinda want to play dishonored once that hits gamepass thats basically splinter cell

boz
Oct 16, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Home PC is a desktop. Work PC is a laptop. Just different enough.

I'm lucky and work on a mac, can't wait to turn that poo poo off after work

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
There's too many games that I like that work best with M+KB or aren't even on console for me to abandon my PC.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Pirate Jet posted:

I’m just here for whatever Arkane puts out.

Same, they're one of my favorite developers and seeing the news posts from Xbox and Microsoft on Twitter prominently displaying Dishonored & Prey has me hoping that we get more Dishonored games in the future. I know right now it's Deathloop (which is basically Dishonored with a Bioshock aesthetic) which looks excellent and I'm looking forward to playing, but I hope Arkane gets to revisit and continue the Dishonored franchise somehow as well because it's such an incredible IP.

If those rumors of a new Killer Instinct game are true they can add the Doom slayer to the roster as well and he would be such a good fit :swoon:

Should add him as a character for Gears of War as well, they've already added Halo Reach characters and other guests but Doom slayer is ideal for that.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Yeah, this. it's like four hours.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

what should i play next

Is disc room on xbox yet? Im fuckin in love with it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

what should i play next

Stellaris

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats carto. kinda want to play dishonored once that hits gamepass thats basically splinter cell

I started this post writing words about the game, when video is far better at explaining it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdY9t3-q5qA

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mierenneuker posted:

I started this post writing words about the game, when video is far better at explaining it.

i was not aware of this game before and am downloading it now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i was not aware of this game before and am downloading it now

Same thanks

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh man so gonna download this. My daughter will love it too.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Doctor Nutt posted:

This headphone audio popping thing is maddening

You tried a few different sets of headphones/ earphones? Not ideal I know.

Amongst mine I have a perfect no popping pair (b&w p7), a pair that give no sound at all (Bose q3), and a variety of earphones from over the years that all have varying amounts of unbearable popping.

I did notice I get more popping when batteries were power too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Crafty posted:

You tried a few different sets of headphones/ earphones? Not ideal I know.

Amongst mine I have a perfect no popping pair (b&w p7), a pair that give no sound at all (Bose q3), and a variety of earphones from over the years that all have varying amounts of unbearable popping.

I did notice I get more popping when batteries were power too.

I only have the one pair of headphones to try (Sennheiser HD 280 Pros) and :shrug: no idea why they work flawlessly sometimes and shittily at others. The cord and plug are in great shape with no visible wear, I've taken great care of them. And this morning they worked perfectly. I had heard the battery thing but pretty sure that wasn't the issue this time because the controller I used this morning was one of the 3 I used last night and I didn't charge it overnight or anything.