Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was excited then remembered it's PWE. At the very least, don't go in expecting the percentages in the tooltips to reflect reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Looks like something you can hit buttons in while listening to podcasts/ watching streams, so right in anyone in this thread's wheelhouse.

Yeah, I don’t need a good ARPG with deep systems, I need a digital stress ball.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Is there still a Private Server? I remember this game as being a fun palate cleanser when needing something to grind.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

Looks like something you can hit buttons in while listening to podcasts/ watching streams, so right in anyone in this thread's wheelhouse.

That's fair enough. I just wish there was more variety in terms of genre.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Call me back when there's playable Ink-Eyes.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I don't know if the NDA from the alpha is lifted but imo it wasn't very good and I can't imagine another month or so is going to help much. The idea of drawing cards to fill your hand to cast spells sounds great until you actually live with never knowing what your spell buttons will do at any time. Even in Marvel Heroes I set up all my heroes' hotbars similar to one another, so like Haymaker on Captain Marvel was the same as the nutkick on Squirrel Girl was the same as Moon Knight's big boss punch. With this game what a button does changes every time you cast something. You better memorize what every spell icon you have in your deck does, including range and area of effect. And then there's just the possibility of not drawing the card you want when you want it, it's like if a skill had a random cool down except it's every skill.

And that's to say nothing of the technical problems I encountered like "can't actually build more than one deck" which is kind of bad for a game built around decks of cards.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Bogus Adventure posted:

Is there still a Private Server? I remember this game as being a fun palate cleanser when needing something to grind.

PM me.

e: The number of PMs I'm getting are legit making me feel bad, so: joke's over, no private server, sorry!!!!!

Shine fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 9, 2021

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

You can definitely build more than one deck, there's preset slots you can swap between. And decks are only like 12 cards so knowing what everything in your deck does isnt gonna be too hard imo.

It had some problems during alpha for sure though. The open beta should be pretty soon (the 24th of this month i think?) and hopefully its improved a lot.

But if it launches as a complete loving mess that just makes it more of a successor to MH.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sea Lily posted:

You can definitely build more than one deck, there's preset slots you can swap between. And decks are only like 12 cards so knowing what everything in your deck does isnt gonna be too hard imo.

Do they rotate through your buttons semi randomly, or do different parts of your deck only show up on different buttons? Because memorizing what they do is fine and all, but if you have to look down at the icons every time, recognize what the card does and then remember what button it is on this time and it could be on an entirely different button the next time, that is very much bad game design and shouldn't exist.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I still miss this game and the thread title is mean. :smith:

e: currently watching this gamerdad playing 4 hours of Midtown Madness while he's trying to stay awake to get my fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU7Y5yswU30

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 8, 2021

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

confirmed

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Wifi Toilet posted:

I still miss this game and the thread title is mean. :smith:

i meant to change it back and forgot, but if it helps you feel better it's gotten me at last twice

edit: i figure y'all're doing the bit but it would be funny if my lame joke title came true after the change

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 8, 2021

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Bloodly posted:

I don't follow. It's not like the game used enough buttons that there'd be a problem with conversion.

they slowed the game down to a crawl so ps4 could handle it

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Also movement as the way to do damage, absolutely lit af fam

God, movement builds were soooooo good. Reworked Spidey in particular sticks out in my mind as just addictive.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I appreciate the effort they put into the reworks. I was one of the poor fucks who used Thing and Punisher regularly even before their reworks, and holy poo poo did they get massively improved after. Thing went from generic punching and charging to beating people with signposts and throwing hotdog carts. Punisher went from generic small arms and grenades to flamethrowers, a minigun and a goddamn nuke. Never did get to drive that van, though.

I remember when everybody got their non-combat travel power. Thing was stuffed into the Fantasticar and looked so silly :allears:

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

McSpanky posted:

God, movement builds were soooooo good. Reworked Spidey in particular sticks out in my mind as just addictive.

The amount of iframes you could achieve on Spiderman was Amazing. The animations were super smooth too.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Shine posted:

I appreciate the effort they put into the reworks. I was one of the poor fucks who used Thing and Punisher regularly even before their reworks, and holy poo poo did they get massively improved after. Thing went from generic punching and charging to beating people with signposts and throwing hotdog carts. Punisher went from generic small arms and grenades to flamethrowers, a minigun and a goddamn nuke. Never did get to drive that van, though.

I remember when everybody got their non-combat travel power. Thing was stuffed into the Fantasticar and looked so silly :allears:
I was a Thing main from day one till they closed the server and the Rework was a dream come true. His kit just felt so good. Even things like changing his jumping smash to a body slam really gave him a lot of character. And of course that Ultimate.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Now that the private server is invite only and trying to go more secretive to avoid legal repercussions we should probably change the thread title

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm just glad the private server made the right choice and included squirrel bones.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Someone send me a PM about the thing that we aren't talking about, thanks.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Y'all are making me sad, and also very violent.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

You cocktease

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

So a lot of you already know this, but we recently tried to buff the splinter drop rate on the *ahem* and that resulted in eternity splinters dropping virtually never. (I admire everyone's commitment to making this experience as Gaz-like as possible) Looks like the only way to increase splinter drops is through, unsurprisingly, some sort of buff to your character.

To help some of the newer players while we get this figured out, I threw together this tier list so you have an idea who to prioritize while splinters are scarce.

Splinters should be fixed around the time we get Moleman to start spawning again. In the meantime enjoy our extended WandaVision event and make sure you grab your free 1950s Black and White Scarlet Witch or Vision costume!

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Thunder Sheep posted:

So a lot of you already know this, but we recently tried to buff the splinter drop rate on the *ahem* and that resulted in eternity splinters dropping virtually never. (I admire everyone's commitment to making this experience as Gaz-like as possible) Looks like the only way to increase splinter drops is through, unsurprisingly, some sort of buff to your character.

To help some of the newer players while we get this figured out, I threw together this tier list so you have an idea who to prioritize while splinters are scarce.

Splinters should be fixed around the time we get Moleman to start spawning again. In the meantime enjoy our extended WandaVision event and make sure you grab your free 1950s Black and White Scarlet Witch or Vision costume!

This was supposed to go into the private server thread you fool

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Any tier list that puts Moon Knight or Nova that low tells me that nothing gold can stay.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Juggs is tier D for Droppin' elbows

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shine posted:

The punisher was the first character I unlocked and I enjoyed him before the rework (I put the machine gun skill on RMB and it was so fun aiming in the direction of red dots on the minimal and seeing them vanish) but after, man. That reload mechanic was inspired and made for a really fun and active playstyle.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The Punisher Van was such a hilarious ultimate. And don't forget blowing up hot dog stands with a nuclear rocket. God I miss this game.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
All very good and yet somehow what i miss the most is "I'M ON A ROLL! and not like my stepbrother chuck."

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
lots of lines from this game invade my head on a regular basis

i probably think about 'OO BWOKE MY JHAWW' every couple of days

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
“Hey Frank, how’s the family” was a great one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thunder Sheep posted:

okay who leaked access to tony bing?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I know I was a shamefully bad player but I just rewatched one of my submissions on Nova and literally no ARPG these days has that much actual zoom zoom gameplay

Jesus I miss this game

i do this sometimes with my Scarlet Witch videos

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Ghostlight posted:

okay who leaked access to tony bing?

Holy poo poo Tony Bing! I found his Youtube build guides and he sounds like a grown adult?!? Why did I think he was a 14 year old kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNYgzzwUGg

Looks like he's moved on to selling consults for your Marvel's Avengers builds: https://www.patreon.com/TonyBingGaming

e: Goddamn it stop bumping this thread. This is the only game I've wanted to play for the last 2 days since this popped up on the first page again and it makes me sad knowing it will never happen. I'd even take just solo play in story mode!

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 9, 2021

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Wifi Toilet posted:

Holy poo poo Tony Bing! I found his Youtube build guides and he sounds like a grown adult?!? Why did I think he was a 14 year old kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNYgzzwUGg

Looks like he's moved on to selling consults for your Marvel's Avengers builds: https://www.patreon.com/TonyBingGaming

e: Goddamn it stop bumping this thread. This is the only game I've wanted to play for the last 2 days since this popped up on the first page again and it makes me sad knowing it will never happen. I'd even take just solo play in story mode!
I opened this video and was greeted by an ad informing me that the average adult has a colon filled with toxic poop.

Youtube's algorithm working as intended.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

I definitely think "Another trinket to throw on the pile" a lot when I find loot in games.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Relax Or DIE posted:

"YE BE QUALIFYIN' FOR CABIN BOY NOW" has been indelibly seared into my brainmeats.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Silver surfer extoling the virtues of humanity while committing war crimes

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
<picks up the Eye of Agamotto> "It's no Eye of Agamotto, but it will suffice."