Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hey I finally got the definite response to the sjukersättning I applied for in... april? last year. :toot:

DENIED!!! (lol)

They cited an autist group thing I went to as a reason to decline, even though it had gotten cancelled halfway through because of the pandemic and of course it wasn't in any way meant as treatment/fix/whatever försäkringskassan claimed despite multiple professionals informing them otherwise but that of course doesn't matter. Gotta keep those numbers down! CUT COSTS AT ANY COSTS! How are they supposed to be able to shower the rich with tax cuts if they waste money on helping anyone? Oh, well. Not that it matters to me anyway. Not like I'm alive. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Beeswax posted:

My Finnish aunt once explained that the way to make your own Tyrkisk Peber snaps is to take an empty plastic booze bottle ("family sized"), fill it almost all the way up with your vodka of choice and a big handful of Tyrkisk Peber, and then put it in the dishwasher for a full cycle.

Haven't owned a dishwasher in my life so no way of testing the method out.

Me and some friends made Tyrkisk Peber drinks by melting the candy in a frying pan and mixing it with moonshine afterwards. I dont remember much after that, so I have no idea if it worked or not

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Poil posted:

DENIED!!! (lol)

They cited an autist group thing I went to as a reason to decline, even though it had gotten cancelled halfway through because of the pandemic and of course it wasn't in any way meant as treatment/fix/whatever försäkringskassan claimed despite multiple professionals informing them otherwise but that of course doesn't matter. Gotta keep those numbers down! CUT COSTS AT ANY COSTS! How are they supposed to be able to shower the rich with tax cuts if they waste money on helping anyone? Oh, well. Not that it matters to me anyway. Not like I'm alive. :)

loving assholes, but hey atleast Volvo made good use of the tax payers money! 20 cold fuckin million kronor to the bossman so he is motivated to get Volvo going! Cause otherwise he would just be sittning on his rear end or something.

gently caress the rich, gently caress the politicians, gently caress the boomers. There is no samhällskontrakt anymore, that poo poo is upplöst imo.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The definition of an I-lands problem

I got offered a Covid vaccine, but got annoyed it was the AstraZeneca version

In my defense, it's because my partner is a risk patient, and if I get infected I could still be putting him at risk.

Wonder if it will be safe to start going to the gym again after the second dosage...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ouch. But at least the less effective vaccine is still a lot better than none.

I wonder if they'll start pushing that type a lot because no one wants it over the better ones and the poor corporation is trying to get their money back rather than improve it. Even worse with all the variants which are less affected by the covid vaccine in general?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any vaccine is better than nothing.

McCloud posted:

Wonder if it will be safe to start going to the gym again after the second dosage...

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It's really important to have figures when looking at the different vaccine variants too.

Pretty much all vaccines just about prevent hospitalizations, for just about all VoCs.

Poil posted:

Ouch. But at least the less effective vaccine is still a lot better than none.

I wonder if they'll start pushing that type a lot because no one wants it over the better ones and the poor corporation is trying to get their money back rather than improve it. Even worse with all the variants which are less affected by the covid vaccine in general?
All manufacturers are supply bound right now.

McCloud posted:

LMAO

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
My friend started going to the gym last week...like he signed up for a membership. He already had covid around Christinas or so but still... Like who thinks its a good idea to start going to the gym during a pandemic?!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if they're open, presumably it's possible to run them in a reasonably safe manner

lots of people are basically addicted to working out regularly, and some of those have been on furlough for Some Time, i can see those people thinking that a modest risk is worth it

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
If he already had COVID and is feeling fine, why not?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

if they're open, presumably it's possible to run them in a reasonably safe manner

Yes, just look at Sweden, or even Usa. Perfectly safe, no deaths just good times.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

V. Illych L. posted:

a modest risk

Dirk Pitt posted:

If he already had COVID and is feeling fine, why not?
If he's already had it the risk is much lower, it's the assumption that only safe activities are allowed that's just mind boggling after the last year+ of utter incompetence. And people calling high strain, unmasked, indoors activities as "modest risk" are out of the loving minds.
There's also very little data about covid immunity duration and effectiveness against VoCs.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 8, 2021

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Ooh and so now that Liberalerna has gotten immigration changes, tax cuts, and employment liberalization pushed through by this S government (some good some bad) they are jumping back to Ulf’s boat. :allears:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Have a good run instead. Lift some 2l soda bottles while doing lunges back home... I dunno, just anything but going back to those incubators, please!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The government is following Støjberg's racist tirade and pushing for forced testing in Vollsmose. More than a third of the residents were willingly tested this weekend alone.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

The government is following Støjberg's racist tirade and pushing for forced testing in Vollsmose. More than a third of the residents were willingly tested this weekend alone.

S disagrees with Støjberg mostly on the colour of the government. They agree about the colour of people.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Dirk Pitt posted:

Ooh and so now that Liberalerna has gotten immigration changes, tax cuts, and employment liberalization pushed through by this S government (some good some bad) they are jumping back to Ulf’s boat. :allears:

Sabuni's angry that Busch is hogging the negative publicity - aims for a complete party meltdown.

No but seriously I have no idea what she's doing. Or well, she has obviously failed to make herself or her party popular at all since she took over the reins, rather the opposite, so inaction was not a reasonable option for her in the long run. It's just that the action she chose is so bad. Her part of the party was always against collaboration with S, and now she's inventing a reason to complain, but it's just too blatant for everyone. She now has both the Stockholm district and the youth wing against her, Gothenburg district seems split 50/50, and the rest of the districts are scrambling to deal with what is very much the liberal civil war Part II. I saw liberal party members that I know who had been friends for decades stop talking to each other after the last one, and also the party lost half their voters over it. So go Sabuni, purge whatever people left you can find that don't agree on collaborating with SD instead, that'll solve it.

Now the party is tanking in the polls even more since she started sabre-rattling about *drumroll* stopping a suggested change in the migration law that would allow relatives of an immigrant to also get residence permits if there are extreme circumstances such as very serious illnesses? Which somehow is the straw that broke the liberal camel's back? It's hard to sell to party members, no less potential liberal voters.

Sabuni also has a ton of internal enemies that she booted out of leadership positions for supporting Ullenhag instead of her for party leader, and they've got their knives out now. She's not... not the master tactician, no. Oh, and L is polling at a magnificient 2,7% right now so it's not like she's fighting from a position of strength.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

As someone who at one point voted for FP/L, I can safely say that the issue for liberalerna is that they let a S government continue to happen.
In contrast to C, they are more conservative. Sabuni, like AKB, received the poison pill that Björklund ran away from and had very little choice. It is not like the other side of the party would do better.
They are probably not going to make it in next election, mostly because a party that cannot even agree when they have knife to the throat is a lost case. Especially since with Björklund gone, they have lost the trust they had in education.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Especially since with Björklund gone, they have lost the trust they had in education.

I could never get my head around this, given that every teacher I've met hated Björklund and his reforms with a fiery passion.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Sabuni, like AKB, received the poison pill that Björklund ran away from and had very little choice.

She had a mandate to torch the coalition and she flinched, everything since has been a dragged out farce.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

evil_bunnY posted:

If he's already had it the risk is much lower, it's the assumption that only safe activities are allowed that's just mind boggling after the last year+ of utter incompetence. And people calling high strain, unmasked, indoors activities as "modest risk" are out of the loving minds.
There's also very little data about covid immunity duration and effectiveness against VoCs.

To be fair, if I was to go to the gym it would be after getting my second vaccine dose, during off-hours when there's few people, with a healthy dose of alcogel and wearing a double mask. The addiction to lifting weights is sadly very real :smith:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is some ghastly poo poo, right here

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mette is gonna use this as a source during the next press briefing, isn't she

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

lilljonas posted:

I could never get my head around this, given that every teacher I've met hated Björklund and his reforms with a fiery passion.
Cardiac not being a reliable source is something you’ll have to get used to.

MiddleOne posted:

She had a mandate to torch the coalition and she flinched, everything since has been a dragged out farce.
bing bing bing

literal death cults

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 9, 2021

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
So that Thousand Dumbass March in Medis means that QAnon is definitely getting a foothold here right?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Surprising to see that 91% of the Danish population is ikkevestlige migrants, but I'm glad that they're doing well in mitigating infection.

Yeah I know but apart from being a bad chart the message is so loving stupid and unpleasant what can you really say.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

Cardiac not being a reliable source is something you’ll have to get used to.

No, not just Cardiac, but him being a disillusioned Fp voter kinda makes sense and is lol-worthy. Folkpartiet always used to poll really well in matters of eduction policy among the general public. However, Björklund was hugely unpopular among teaches, both individuals and the unions, back when he was more or less running Alliansens entire education policy. GY11 was a disaster in many ways, and they just kept adding more NPM stress on the teachers. But for some reason his waffling about "bringing back discipline to the classroom", whatever that was, for made Jan Banan think that they really were the best party for turning Swedish education around, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

In my case I saw it up close with Sabuni was deputy minister of education as well as equality issues. And, well, her main issue was - mandatory gynecologist exams in schools to weed out muslim female circumcisions. The educational agencies she was supposed to keep an eye on was so low on the agenda that they were barely on the radar. For three years, until she stepped down in 2013, she was mainly concerned with how to outlaw hijabs and to get her forced gynecology examns implemented. So if people are confused now why she's so positive compared to the majority of the party to invite SD, she's always been on the border to islamophobia. But for some reason people were still thinking that the party is suitable to handle education policy, though those numbers are finally starting to plummet as well.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 9, 2021

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

lilljonas posted:

No, not just Cardiac, but him being a disillusioned Fp voter kinda makes sense and is lol-worthy. Folkpartiet always used to poll really well in matters of eduction policy among the general public. However, Björklund was hugely unpopular among teaches, both individuals and the unions, back when he was more or less running Alliansens entire education policy. GY11 was a disaster in many ways, and they just kept adding more NPM stress on the teachers. But for some reason his waffling about "bringing back discipline to the classroom", whatever that was, for made Jan Banan think that they really were the best party for turning Swedish education around, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

In my case I saw it up close with Sabuni was deputy minister of education as well as equality issues. And, well, her main issue was - mandatory gynecologist exams in schools to weed out muslim female circumcisions. The educational agencies she was supposed to keep an eye on was so low on the agenda that they were barely on the radar. For three years, until she stepped down in 2013, she was mainly concerned with how to outlaw hijabs and to get her forced gynecology examns implemented. So if people are confused now why she's so positive compared to the majority of the party to invite SD, she's always been on the border to islamophobia. But for some reason people were still thinking that the party is suitable to handle education policy, though those numbers are finally starting to plummet as well.

Most right wing voters do not critizise their party, they just go along with the marketing. "Jan Banan is a retired reservist, and he talks about education, clearly the man for the job" - average alliance voter. I mean it's like when they pretended Anders Borg was some sort of economic genious as opposed to a crazy ancap careerist who spent Göran Perssons surplus on tax cuts. Say what you will about Socdem/leftist voters or whatever, but atleast they lean towards holding their representatives accountable.

FP's collapse also has to do with all the social liberals voting for Annie the witch and the right wing libertarians going to the Nazi party as usual. Still, them polling terribly on education is just icing on the cake and I think teachers and their unions have played a big role in that as opposed to FP's political rivals.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 9, 2021

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Most right wing voters do not critizise their party, they just go along with the marketing. "Jan Banan is a retired reservist, and he talks about education, clearly the man for the job" - average alliance voter. I mean it's like when they pretended Anders Borg was some sort of economic genious as opposed to a crazy ancap careerist who spent Göran Perssons surplus on tax cuts. FP's collapse also has to do with all the social liberals voting for Annie the witch or going to the Nazi party as all right wing libertarians tend to do.

Say what you will about Socdem/leftist voters or whatever, but atleast they lean towards holding their representatives accountable.

I guess so. In other news, today's lol:

"We quit our comfy employments as populist columnists to join Bulletinen, hoping that we'd be able to have even less restrictions on our content and really mint our popularity on Twitter for some proper cash. Turned out that that a brown-blue propaganda outfit doesn't care about ethics in publication! They even actively fosters a negative work environment! The owners treat us as disposable objects! How could this happen to us, upstanding rational non-Muslims?!"

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/56RlGe/storbrak-pa-nystartade-hogertidningen-bulletin-en-fars

E: I'm dying here, apparently these galaxy brains (like some of the creme de la creme of right wing twitter grifters and columnists for you non-Swedes) quit their jobs to write for a far-right conservative newspaper led by dubious businessmen WITHOUT EVEN HAVING ANY WRITTEN CONTRACTS. And people are expected to take their opinions seriously. And now they are complaining that something seems fishy with the whole operation after the owners actively just boot out anyone who doesn't agree with them. And much of the material they published turned out to be plagiarism. And the writers and editors are muted in meetings by the owners when they object to it. I'm in tears.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 9, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Winklebottom posted:

Mette is gonna use this as a source during the next press briefing, isn't she

DF were the only ones who voted with her in the forced testing proposal, so probably.

Colour choice is a little on the nose.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Now do percentage of scary brown people in the health sector, followed by public facing unskilled labour.

Then do a structural analysis of why immigrants are overrepresented in bad statistics.

Just kidding, Messerschmidt just suggested shutting down gender studies and other pseudoscience because it's communist propaganda.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

BonHair posted:

Now do percentage of scary brown people in the health sector, followed by public facing unskilled labour.

Then do a structural analysis of why immigrants are overrepresented in bad statistics.

Just kidding, Messerschmidt just suggested shutting down gender studies and other pseudoscience because it's communist propaganda.
Whenever someone does these kinds of comparisons I always wonder where their group falls. Like the DPP claiming immigrants are backwards-rear end regressives threatening "Western values", while their own voters are statistically huge outliers when it comes to being pro-censorship/torture/death penalty/blasphemy laws. Frankly wouldn't be surprised if DPP voters were huge outliers too in terms of getting infected relative to where they live, just constantly flaunting the rules because it's part of some "globalist" plot to enslave us.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

With respect to FP, they have a larger proportion of academics than other parties and i personally know people in academia who were active in Fp including riksdagen. So there were some precedence given my background in academia. Despite what you might think I have never been that found of M, mainly due to growing up with people being stereotypical M voters.

Also saying that right wing voters just goes along with what the parties say have apparently forgotten about AKB. Or Maria Leissner for that matter. Björklund probably quit because he knew he would be the scapegoat if he didn’t quit ahead of time. Reinfeldt would have been kicked, but he also quit ahead of time and kicked the bucket over to AKB.

Finally, I got approached about a job today and I can now confirm that marijuana snus will be a thing if legalisation ever happens.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Cardiac have you ever even touched a drug

Alvedon doesn’t count

E: yeah I know, ignore

teen witch fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 9, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Like the DPP claiming immigrants are backwards-rear end regressives threatening "Western values", while their own voters are statistically huge outliers when it comes to being pro-censorship/torture/death penalty/blasphemy laws.

Also less educated, but that shouldn't be a surprise. Adjusted for socioeconomics, "non-western" immigrants are outperforming ethnic Danes in general on that front.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I usually go all in for having empathy and trying to understand someones situation, even if I disagree with them - but holy poo poo I cannot even loving start to comprehend how you can get twisted up so much in your own head that you think that skin color correlates to anything, let alone a specific possibly-airborne disease.
What the gently caress is wrong with these people.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

teen witch posted:

Cardiac have you ever even touched a drug

Alvedon doesn’t count

E: yeah I know, ignore

Yes.
But drugs are not my thing for various reasons.

Also, since I have a background in chemistry/drug discovery, that job offer is not that far from what I do for a living.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I usually go all in for having empathy and trying to understand someones situation, even if I disagree with them - but holy poo poo I cannot even loving start to comprehend how you can get twisted up so much in your own head that you think that skin color correlates to anything, let alone a specific possibly-airborne disease.

Personally I consider myself completely vindicated for like two decades of drawing parallels to nazism, but it honestly doesn't feel that great, especially considering that the government agrees with them in principle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It's not the skin colour, it's (((Islam))).

Also decades of propaganda to exactly that effect. This basically: