Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

Apologies for dredging this up because I'm severely behind on reading this, the greatest thread, but it's striking: a mere handful of posts above this I see a lavishly rendered 1933 car in The Timid Soul, so detailed it could drive off the page, and then I see a fuckin' Rip Haywire that copy pastes and rotates the same image in 3 of 4 panels and I know this same copy pasted image has featured in every strip for the last so many weeks. This is disgustingly lazy, and there was a time I enjoyed Rip Haywire. But now art and story alike are absolutely zero effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (March 24, 1990)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The tales of Two-Gun Moomin

e:

SubNat fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 9, 2021

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

StrixNebulosa posted:

Cathy March 13+14 1977

Oh no! Someone cut off Cathy’s legs mid-comic!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

amigolupus posted:

:lol: at that third panel. Leonardo da Vinci's mom just summoned her kid back in the middle of the road during broad daylight. It's like she's asking to get accused of being a witch.

All this time I totally missed that Leonardo was that lady's kid. Which makes gene wizard the grandmother of Leonardo? HOLBROOK YOU HACK

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Have you ever had a comic make you so mad you had to walk away from your computer?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In this week's earlier-than-usual-either-because-comics-are-drawn-medium-and-thus-don't-rely-solely-on-writing-or-because-my-translation-work-is-getting-better-(unlikely) Blueberry:

Bascom gets upset with Crowe, or Blueberry wants to take a wee amble 'round Arizona, or That Blueberry's a wild card, but I bet Graig's glad he's in the garrison's deck - he plays a fair hand, so hopefully he'll come up trumps. Unless there's a joker in the pack - and sometimes there is!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Samovar posted:

In this week's earlier-than-usual-either-because-comics-are-drawn-medium-and-thus-don't-rely-solely-on-writing-or-because-my-translation-work-is-getting-better-(unlikely) Blueberry:

Bascom gets upset with Crowe, or Blueberry wants to take a wee amble 'round Arizona, or That Blueberry's a wild card, but I bet Graig's glad he's in the garrison's deck - he plays a fair hand, so hopefully he'll come up trumps. Unless there's a joker in the pack - and sometimes there is!

It is at this point I am really wondering why nobody in this fort has relieved Bascom of command when he’s clearly not of sound mind.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine (except after wine).

Skippy (August 15, 1933)

Peanuts (March 12, 1974)

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Crankshaft

"Classic" Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (October 8, 1937)

Out Our Way (April 2-4, 1936; spoiler tag for stereotyping)

Toonerville Folks (April 30-May 2, 1917)

Dok's "More Hazards Of Local Government" Duck (June 28, 1913)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 2021 1946

manero fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 9, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

As someone who has worked in a medium industrial factory setting in the 21st century, people will absolutely stick their finger in there but now the bosses will just make a rule against it and fire you if you do (and get hurt) rather than trying to prevent it

If it somehow means less downtime for the machine, they will unofficially encourage you do to it and promote you if you don't get hurt, and fire you if you do

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

EBB posted:

All this time I totally missed that Leonardo was that lady's kid. Which makes gene wizard the grandmother of Leonardo? HOLBROOK YOU HACK

Also, Leonardo da Vinci's sufficiently historical that we have his mother's name, Caterina Buti del Vacca, not Maria.

But trying to fit Safe Havens continuity into History is a mug's game, so as a wikipedia amateur, I'm not going to try.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Green Intern posted:

It is at this point I am really wondering why nobody in this fort has relieved Bascom of command when he’s clearly not of sound mind.

When writing to General Ulysses S. Grant, General William Tecumseh Sherman wrote: "We must act with vindictive earnestness against the Sioux, even to their extermination, men, women and children...During an assault, the soldiers cannot pause to distinguish between male and female, or even discriminate as to age."

He also described this as "the final solution to the Indian problem". Obviously Bascom is the strategic inferior. But the hate is not unusual.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

:five:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Looks like these are two separate things with one hovering over two pages because of the format. First strip, the guy is dumping a body into the incinerator but checks to see if it's allowed first.
It's more than that. He's going to dump a body, but the sign says it's illegal to dump anything flammable, so being the upstanding citizen he is, he dumps the body but takes the dead guy's cigar.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

How many young folks even recognize the Marx Brothers these days? I was just reading this morning that no one under 35 or so has any idea who W. C. Fields was anymore.
I'm old, but I loved the Marx Brothers when I was a kid. Still love them. It's funny, when I was little Harpo was my favorite, then as I got older it was Groucho. It took a little longer to begin to appreciate what Chico contributed. I think most people don't even know about Zeppo. He was the straight man and stopped being part of the group after the original classic movies and became an inventor and agent.

None of this applies to what you asked. I just wanted to talk about the Marx Brothers.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Oh...lunch! Great!

The Phantom

I did call it, but it was pretty obvious.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Just remember to bring the vacuum cleaner to trade.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

maltesh posted:

Also, Leonardo da Vinci's sufficiently historical that we have his mother's name, Caterina Buti del Vacca, not Maria.

That's just what THEY want you to think. :smug:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Thimble Theatre is so good

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

EasyEW posted:

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The dude in green would easily be able to see her, she's standing right in front of the doorway. I wonder if that will matter or if the premise will continue to assume he doesn't notice her.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

:eyepop:

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon, including yesterday's!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
holy crap that heathcliff is real

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

nishi koichi posted:

holy crap that heathcliff is real

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

"sorry i was distracted by turning into a hobbit"

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That Heathcliff comic is... mildly concerning. The fact that I can look at it and understand it and be amused by it despite it being... that. And it feels like an omen of Dadaism to come.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
I admire the Heathcliff writers. Despite running out of jokes 30 years ago, they're still trying to be funny, which is more than I can say for most lost-past-their-prime strips.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

The dude in green would easily be able to see her, she's standing right in front of the doorway. I wonder if that will matter or if the premise will continue to assume he doesn't notice her.

Perhaps the twist is that both of them need new glasses.

I don't know why, but I have Funky a lot more than most of the bad comics in this thread. Perhaps just because it's so smug about its absolute lack of anything interesting?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

.. are we in for a dream sequence for a few weeks?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I feel dumb for not getting this at first.

B Kliban

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That first Kilban is simultaneously GREAT and YIKES

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

ngl I actually like this idea

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Edmund knows what he likes.

Slow down, Toby!

Better that than breaker of wind, amirite?

Malcolm tried, at least.

Lance didn't stay.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hwurmp posted:

I did it with scrabble fridge magnets

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 20, 1944)

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Hwurmp posted:

People have also kicked the idea up a notch by cross stitching a QR code to connect to their routers.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jul 19-20, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 30 - Feb 2, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby (Jun 10-17, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Sept. 21st, 1940

Axa

Just, uh... just gonna drop that in there, huh? No explanation, just magic. I dig it, but what a weird, unusually horny, rather disjointed story. Poor Mark. He comes back at some point later, don't worry. It looks like a couple stories before then though.