Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4tkNjJsOvY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Arkane and Id and MachineGames (half-credit) are good

Ghostwire: Tokyo is one of my most anticipated games of 2021

yeah, I'm fine with those. Arkane is good, Ghostwire and Deathloop look good. I wouldn't buy a console for them but I will play them. That said, I still remain unconvinced that this sale matters in the least to the gaming landscape.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ghostwire looks cool but Ikumi Nakamura left the company/project which is troubling. And TEW2 was a much less interesting game than the first

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

bethesda is trash :byewhore:

Arkane is good, Ghostwire and Deathloop look good.

which is it?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Picked up DQ11 and Curse of the Dead Gods, both on sale

Holy poo poo they're both insanely good :stare:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, they kind of didnt buy the obsidian who made FONV, they bought the obsidian who made Outer Worlds. Or possibly wilds? The bad one.
They've made several games, they're a good dev

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Picked up DQ11 and Curse of the Dead Gods, both on sale

Holy poo poo they're both insanely good :stare:

I liked DQ11 for the time I spent on it. The music is really really good (if a little repetitive)

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They've made several games, they're a good dev

See, when people say things like "They're a good dev"; Who is the "They"? My own feeling is that in general the turnover in the game industry is such that over the span of say 10 years what percentage of the people working there making the games were there when they made the game you liked 10 years ago? Especially when that studio has been bought out by an EA or a Microsoft? If Microsoft turned round tomorrow and told Obsidian tomorrow "Make New Vegas 2", what percentage of the people working on it would be the same people who made New Vegas?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the former :getout:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's not like FO:NV was some technical masterpiece (quite the opposite if anything) Apart from some REALLY high-level positions on the dev team, I'm not sure how much it matters who makes it.
Good writing is obviously what people are looking for and there's no shortage of good writers out there if the producers are willing to actually make it a focus of development.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
After waffling on starting it for awhile, I am now playing Rage 2 and I can say that it is awesome, and Bethesda/id are great!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Fallout new Vegas and obsidian in general are insanely overrated

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alpha Protocol was really really fun.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey remember months ago when I told VG to throw a knife at Gwynevere and you all shouted at me well it’s finally time for it to happen motherfuckers!!!!!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
RAGE 2 is an extremely fun super power video game with awesome powers/movement/guns and is possibly the worst structured open world game ever made. The story feels like 4 hours long and you can “accidentally” unlock the hover bike first before other vehicles which means that other vehicles 100% don’t matter. It’s very weird. I’m waiting for a copy to hit $20 or less so I can buy it and finish my Plat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

RAGE 2 is an extremely fun super power video game with awesome powers/movement/guns and is possibly the worst structured open world game ever made. The story feels like 4 hours long and you can “accidentally” unlock the hover bike first before other vehicles which means that other vehicles 100% don’t matter. It’s very weird. I’m waiting for a copy to hit $20 or less so I can buy it and finish my Plat.

Finished it on the weekend and agree 100% with all that. My friend messaged me about the hover bike and said "enjoy skipping every non-story enemy for the rest of the game!"
The length of the main quest feels shockingly short.
I bought it for €15 and it was a fun mindless game to play listening to podcasts. I'm busy as gently caress with work at the moment so I don't wanna start anything too mentally taxing for a few weeks.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Well now I gotta look up this hover bike thing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

I think if you unlocked it early on, you could probably finish the main quest in about two hours.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

There are 3 NPC quest lines that lead to the final boss. One of them is like a genesplicer bio-engineer guy, I just picked him first randomly because the dialogue made it sound like he would give me new powers. Each NPC unlocks a vehicle... BUT the only vehicle that you can upgrade or customize is your basic car, and the other two land vehicles don’t get upgrades as far as I can tell, so they’re just, like, worse versions of your car, but the evil scientist guy just gives you a flying motorcycle, which just completely renders the game fully at your destructive whim.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Hey remember months ago when I told VG to throw a knife at Gwynevere and you all shouted at me well it’s finally time for it to happen motherfuckers!!!!!

i mostly was just thinking he should get the ring so he could get the darkmoon covenant. :colbert:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bust Rodd posted:

There are 3 NPC quest lines that lead to the final boss. One of them is like a genesplicer bio-engineer guy, I just picked him first randomly because the dialogue made it sound like he would give me new powers. Each NPC unlocks a vehicle... BUT the only vehicle that you can upgrade or customize is your basic car, and the other two land vehicles don’t get upgrades as far as I can tell, so they’re just, like, worse versions of your car, but the evil scientist guy just gives you a flying motorcycle, which just completely renders the game fully at your destructive whim.

Oh nice! I usually play open-world games by going towards whichever markers are closest and working my way out, and I assume this NPC is further out thus making it achieved much later in the game.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Escobarbarian posted:

Wow! He did it! The madman did it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Oh nice! I usually play open-world games by going towards whichever markers are closest and working my way out, and I assume this NPC is further out thus making it achieved much later in the game.

The things to look for ASAP are the Arks, they have all the cool powers and weapons, you won't find those in anything but Arks.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I really want to see VG play Sekiro. I've never seen a blind run of Sekiro. I will be patient.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Oscar Wild posted:

I really want to see VG play Sekiro. I've never seen a blind run of Sekiro. I will be patient.

Same. I know it's a difficult/intense game with no co-op, but something inside me gets the impression that veegy will somehow be a parry master

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

QoP are we doing DS2 playthrough with veegy? Maybe you can help me summon a bit

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Very considerate of VG to beat dark souls right before my bedtime

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Very considerate of VG to beat dark souls right before my bedtime

Praise the Sun! That's Bloodborne and Dark Souls down! Dark Souls 2 is next on Veeg's list.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

QoP are we doing DS2 playthrough with veegy? Maybe you can help me summon a bit

can't 100% commit to anything in the next 6 weeks while I'm teaching but depending on times I would definitely be up for it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You have been invaded by black phantom THE PROFESSOR

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
:3: thank you thank you thank you!

You are all fantastic with your encouragement and joining me in the fun of dark souls :D I am so happy to have done This and am looking forward to dark souls 2 on Friday! :D

Feeling so proud of beating it!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I haven't really had the time to watch streams recently, which ending did you pick?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I set fire to myself ending :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

can't 100% commit to anything in the next 6 weeks while I'm teaching but depending on times I would definitely be up for it

Yeah, I'll prolly participate for the next few weeks, and then I'm gonna take a month or two off of gaming and be back for summer.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

VideoGames posted:

Well, at least everyone else is happy!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I mean, hey, it's how the Arab Spring kicked off...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why is this normal progression boss in Remnant twice as hard as the optional deliberately hard boss I beat earlier???

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Firestorm Revolver in Rage 2 was a really fun gun to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Same. I know it's a difficult/intense game with no co-op, but something inside me gets the impression that veegy will somehow be a parry master

Sekiro is a rhythm game. VG seems to have pretty good rhythm.