Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
glad to see the movementarians are still alive & well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

the 9 "saudi what? who?" /11 commission

the 5 "dancing israelis" /11 commission

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

ram dass in hell posted:

It was a copy paste from a Cursed Other Subforum with an Ampersand, working to classify those who doubt the official Epstein narrative as Qanon Alt Right Nazi-Adjacents

thank god. after the “wrote in Kamala Harris” serious post I don’t trust myself

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Hooplah posted:

the 5 "dancing israelis" /11 commission

im still looking forward to parts 2 and 3 of the israeli art student story that fox news was going to run. part 1 was put up on sept 9 or 10 and got deleted on 9/11. normal

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Jetto Jagga posted:

But it brings to mind Jacques Vallee's writings on the potential use of saucer cults as laboratories for intelligence work.

would love a ref to this pretty please

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

nut posted:

would love a ref to this pretty please

Messengers of Deception and Revelations are his books you want to read. Can't recall which one details a French close encounter/abduction which Vallee figures was a French Intelligence op, but there's enough good poo poo in both including the UMMO letters and mysterious UFO attacks in Brazil during the dictatorship. Bear in mind while Vallee is good he's got weaknesses such as laziness with secondary sources (I'm thinking of a cattle mutilation case which was only mysterious if you didn't read the original witness report, Vallee uncritically passed on the later, more sensational versions) and this series by Jason Colavito fact checking his approach to ancient UFOs.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Jetto Jagga posted:

Messengers of Deception and Revelations are his books you want to read. Can't recall which one details a French close encounter/abduction which Vallee figures was a French Intelligence op, but there's enough good poo poo in both including the UMMO letters and mysterious UFO attacks in Brazil during the dictatorship. Bear in mind while Vallee is good he's got weaknesses such as laziness with secondary sources (I'm thinking of a cattle mutilation case which was only mysterious if you didn't read the original witness report, Vallee uncritically passed on the later, more sensational versions) and this series by Jason Colavito fact checking his approach to ancient UFOs.

I’ve been rereading P2K for fun so I’m primed for overextending dubious references. thanks!

On the note of P2K, I watched the documentary McGowan mentioned that was on PBS titled, “Senorita Extraviada” about the abduction and killings of Mexican women in Juarez and Jesus Christ... I think they mention 50 women disappeared during the making of the documentary alone. also the FBI showing up and then leaving is nuts. It’s on YouTube (there’s a subtitles and one non) if anyone is interested.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
While I'm on the UFO beat I figure I'll mention Dr. Leo Sprinkle, who popularized hypnotic regression of UFO abductees and was responsible for connecting UFOs and cattle mutilations. Hypnotic regression of course was also pivotal to accusations of Satanic Ritual Abuse. In Mute Evidence, an excellent analysis of the cattle mutilation phenomenon c. 1981, authors Daniel Kagan and Ian Summers interview Dr. Sprinkle, and Kagan goes under for a hypnotic session:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/feds_l/status/1369411866158567430

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

nut posted:

a lot of psych programs actually give undergrads a certain number of credits they must achieve by volunteering in case you were wondering what kind of mindset someone is in while doing the task

very true, I've been on all sides of that (student, technician, researcher) and basically no one takes it seriously and everyone is more or less from the same socio-economic background (not only university student, but more specifically freshman in psych 1)

IMO the bigger problem is the statistics. Psych and other fields rely on a statistical method where (to oversimplify) if your theory is wrong, there is still a 5% chance that the results will confirm it. That sounds fine, if 5% of studies are wrong, maybe it's unavoidable. But when you consider that researchers will discard negative results and keep trying until they confirm their theory, and journals will reject negative results and accept positive ones, especially if the results are "surprising", then it could be that those 5% of studies that are wrong are specifically the ones more likely to be published.

Imagine if every single psychology theory in the world is wrong. Every single experiment is based on a hypothesis that is incorrect. In this hypothetical, still 5% of those studies would (incorrectly) confirm their hypothesis. And those 5% would be the studies that get published, rather than the 95% of studies in which "insufficient evidence was found to confirm the hypothesis". We could very well be in this scenario where no one knows anything but still 5% of studies show a positive result only by chance, and those are the studies that people talk about.

Zook
Oct 3, 2014

that dude is just a regular shitposter who faceapp'd himself as a joke to make fun of all the grifter gun girls who've showed up on the left in the past year or two

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

SurgicalOntologist posted:

very true, I've been on all sides of that (student, technician, researcher) and basically no one takes it seriously and everyone is more or less from the same socio-economic background (not only university student, but more specifically freshman in psych 1)

IMO the bigger problem is the statistics. Psych and other fields rely on a statistical method where (to oversimplify) if your theory is wrong, there is still a 5% chance that the results will confirm it. That sounds fine, if 5% of studies are wrong, maybe it's unavoidable. But when you consider that researchers will discard negative results and keep trying until they confirm their theory, and journals will reject negative results and accept positive ones, especially if the results are "surprising", then it could be that those 5% of studies that are wrong are specifically the ones more likely to be published.

Imagine if every single psychology theory in the world is wrong. Every single experiment is based on a hypothesis that is incorrect. In this hypothetical, still 5% of those studies would (incorrectly) confirm their hypothesis. And those 5% would be the studies that get published, rather than the 95% of studies in which "insufficient evidence was found to confirm the hypothesis". We could very well be in this scenario where no one knows anything but still 5% of studies show a positive result only by chance, and those are the studies that people talk about.

That doesn't even get into the problem that a lot of 'science' fields like social psych, economics and epidemiology are rife with P hacking

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

tfw E-TEAM and GELATIN art students spend the summer before 9/11 doing art installations in wtc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

This is one of those weird 9/11 rabbit holes where there's probably not much to it but it's kinda freaky to think about anyway. I am 99% certain it was a Saudi intelligence operation w help from elements of the Natsec state tbh.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

tfw E-TEAM and GELATIN art students spend the summer before 9/11 doing art installations in wtc

:thunk:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gh0stpinballa posted:

This is one of those weird 9/11 rabbit holes where there's probably not much to it but it's kinda freaky to think about anyway. I am 99% certain it was a Saudi intelligence operation w help from elements of the Natsec state tbh.

at minimum, a whole bunch of the Saudi intelligence apparatus knew what was going on. we even know this from trial documents connected to the families of 9-11 victims trying to sue the Saudi government. the US government knows this and is actively trying to keep the Saudi angle out of the 9/11 story, even now.

if you really want to go crazy with 9/11 rabbit holes, start looking into the "Israeli Art Students"

bedpan has issued a correction as of 14:36 on Mar 10, 2021

nut
Jul 30, 2019

bedpan posted:

if you really want to go crazy with 9/11 rabbit holes, start looking into the "Israeli Art Students"

Robbie Martin had a really good media roots radio ep on this but don’t expect any resolution just an insane story

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a one hop link between Oklahoma city bombing and 9/11 for a chaser to go with the shot

nut
Jul 30, 2019

me personally? I’m thinking bout all those CIA and SEC files lost in the collapse of WTC7

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The boring but true okc conspiracy is that it was obviously a conspiracy amongst the christian extremists that the FBI covered up because they didn’t want the blowback from doing another waco at elohim city or admit they didn’t catch everyone involved

The interesting and probably just as true conspiracy is about the “third suspect” and a man who looked like him who died while being tortured by the fbi.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Trabisnikof posted:

The boring but true okc conspiracy is that it was obviously a conspiracy amongst the christian extremists that the FBI covered up because they didn’t want the blowback from doing another waco at elohim city or admit they didn’t catch everyone involved

The interesting and probably just as true conspiracy is about the “third suspect” and a man who looked like him who died while being tortured by the fbi.

OKC was domestic gladio. McVey was sheep dipped and got accidentally rumbled by that camera man

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

never seen this before and its giving me a good chuckle irl thx gh0st

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

cagliostr0 posted:

OKC was domestic gladio.
If any inconvenient person achieves political power, all they have to do is reveal that they were a Five Night Stand.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

OKC was domestic gladio. McVey was sheep dipped and got accidentally rumbled by that camera man

domestic gladio is a confusing phrase here because the right wing movement is our own domestic P2 so even if it was just elohim city that’s still a domestic gladio. Another classic case where the difference between “incompetence” and maliciousness is fairly meaningless

the guy the fbi tortured to death, Kenneth Michael Trentadue, well the feds made it pretty obvious:

quote:

Oklahoma County District Attorney Bob Macy and federal officials determined that Trentadue had committed suicide by hanging himself. Investigative journalist James Ridgeway wrote that authorities "would later put forth an elaborate scenario in which Kenney tried to hang himself but fell, bruising his head and body, and then tried to slit his throat with a toothpaste tube before succeeding in his second hanging attempt."[2] Officials tried to obtain the permission of Trentadue's family to cremate the body at the government's expense, an unprecedented move, but the family declined, since they found the claims of suicide suspicious. The government then performed an autopsy on Trentadue, but did not notify the family.[7]

When the family received the body from the prison authorities, it was covered in wounds, cuts, and bruises, leading the family to believe Trentadue had been tortured and beaten before his death. Trentadue had sustained three heavy blows to the head, and his throat had been cut; prison authorities claimed the wounds were self-inflicted.[4] The day after Trentadue's death, Kevin Rowland, the chief investigator of the Oklahoma state medical examiner filed a complaint with the FBI reporting irregularities in the investigation of Trentadue's death: the coroner was at first not permitted into the cell where Trentadue had died, and the cell itself was washed out by the afternoon of August 21, 1995, before the legally-required investigation could be performed.[7][2] The complaint went on to state that, although the exact cause of death could not be determined, the claim that Trentadue had committed suicide was not consistent with the medical examiner's findings, and Trentadue appeared to have been tortured.[8] The FBI paperwork from the agent who received the medical examiner's call reads "murder" and "believes that foul play is suspect[ed] in this matter."[2]

A Board of Inquiry was convened by the Bureau of Prisons. Unusually, the attorney in charge of the investigation was ordered to treat his findings as "attorney work product", a legal distinction that would protect information uncovered in his investigation from any potential lawsuit or Freedom of Information Act inquiries.[2]

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

bedpan posted:

at minimum, a whole bunch of the Saudi intelligence apparatus knew what was going on. we even know this from trial documents connected to the families of 9-11 victims trying to sue the Saudi government. the US government knows this and is actively trying to keep the Saudi angle out of the 9/11 story, even now.

I'm wary of the Israeli art students angle because I so often see it lumped in with "Jews did it." Let me toss out a more mundane explanation and see what you think.

Seemingly everyone but US intelligence knew a big terrorist attack was coming against the US, and a lot of them tried to warn us. Israel sent Mossad agents disguised as art students to see what they could figure out. As young people tend to do when they get an assignment to sit and wait on what's basically an international vacation, they partied and took pictures in their free time.

Some of the ones who tried to warn us saw nothing was being done and bought put options on airlines.

gh0stpinballa posted:

Did they do one of those window light Tetris things on 9/11?

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Major, high impact journals really need to have sections or spin off separate editions dedicated to reproduction and negative results.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

The Israeli art students grift has seemingly a lot more to do with monitoring DEA operations than anything else, but even ascribing it that function is entirely assumed from simply looking at who they targeted.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/Ozkok_A/status/1368208136134352898

Edit: What's salient here is the rapid expansion of mil bases post 2001

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Mar 10, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

proudly defending the uninhabitable wasteland that comprises australia's center of mass.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

nut posted:

The Israeli art students grift has seemingly a lot more to do with monitoring DEA operations than anything else, but even ascribing it that function is entirely assumed from simply looking at who they targeted.

you mean the people who rushed into my office years ago to aggressively sell paintings have another purpose?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

sonatinas posted:

you mean the people who rushed into my office years ago to aggressively sell paintings have another purpose?

omg you met them

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://twitter.com/Ozkok_A/status/1368208136134352898

Edit: What's salient here is the rapid expansion of mil bases post 2001

I keep watching this on repeat

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/thoughthaver/status/1369728474169114628?s=19

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

I'm wary of the Israeli art students angle because I so often see it lumped in with "Jews did it." Let me toss out a more mundane explanation and see what you think.

Seemingly everyone but US intelligence knew a big terrorist attack was coming against the US, and a lot of them tried to warn us. Israel sent Mossad agents disguised as art students to see what they could figure out. As young people tend to do when they get an assignment to sit and wait on what's basically an international vacation, they partied and took pictures in their free time.

Some of the ones who tried to warn us saw nothing was being done and bought put options on airlines.

Absolutely, discussion of the Israeli art student gimmick can very easily and often is used to support a claim of "Jews did WTC." There is a mundane explanation to the scenario, Israeli spies gathering intelligence as spies do and doing spy things, but I have to wonder how WTC terrorism and the DEA came to both be the subjects of the same operation.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Aside from the government did all of them and blamed patsies is there a link between OKC and the Boston bombing.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

Aside from the government did all of them and blamed patsies is there a link between OKC and the Boston bombing.

Nichael is the forum's resident expert on the Boston bombing.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

also ISI in Pakistan provided logistical support. one of their officers was involved in moving the money around

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

nut posted:

when sammy the bull was in witness protection in scottsdale AZ he was also running the largest ecstasy ring in the country and his suppliers were israeli gangsters

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

proudly defending the uninhabitable wasteland that comprises australia's center of mass.

that facility is to communicate with spy satellites. very difficult for adversaries to do sigint collection via ocean or air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

nut posted:

omg you met them

uh this was in Portland but a few aggressive people barged in my office to sell their paintings for office art