Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
how does joey janela always trick me into forgetting he can work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is a messy match. Sonny looks off.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Penguin Patrol posted:

i feel like hes gonna be one of the first wrestlers ever cut from aew, become the true ace of gcw, then return to aew as a remade star

cuz gently caress just seems like hes doing nothin on dark

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Penguin Patrol posted:

Didn't Joey have to trick himself into learning how to work in the first place?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Santana just used Sonny's rear end to knock Joey out

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

i feel like hes gonna be one of the first wrestlers ever cut from aew, become the true ace of gcw, then return to aew as a remade star

he had a TNT title match like 2 weeks ago

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That six woman tag :vince:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Odd that they’re playing the IC theme and not the superior PnP theme

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Alaois posted:

he had a TNT title match like 2 weeks ago

oh lol

how was that

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Team Good At Twitter vs. Shida/Thunder Rosa/Ryo Mizunami is such a great match.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

abraham linksys posted:

oh lol

how was that

Joey knows how to work.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i can't believe maki itoh is going to be live on tnt

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

plenty of wrestlers have been cut, mainly women and a creep

nobody cut for not being a draw though

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm late to the party but I'm watching now and holy poo poo this is some of the funniest commentary they've ever had on this show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm late to the party but I'm watching now and holy poo poo this is some of the funniest commentary they've ever had on this show.

Hoping we get more about Taz's RR career.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Hoping we get more about Taz's RR career.

This was exactly the part I was talking about lmao

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Having only seen the Fuego/QT match; if QT forms the Dark Nightmare Family (or w/e) with Comoroto I fully expect Alex Agogo to make his debut as part of it after all the shine he gave QT in the announcers booth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Has a sycophantic coach/trainer been a character done before in wrestling? Because I can't really think of any and the visual of smug QT surrounded by his tracksuited trainees is an incredibly good thought.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Pylons posted:

Has a sycophantic coach/trainer been a character done before in wrestling? Because I can't really think of any and the visual of smug QT surrounded by his tracksuited trainees is an incredibly good thought.

Foxcatcher but without the murder

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Seams posted:

Foxcatcher but without the murder

that'd make Kurt Angle sad

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

I want evil dojo dude from karate kid

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Thanks for hanging a lampshade over the fact that you recorded all this in one session, guys.

1) Powerhouse Hobbs vs Angel Fashion. Hobbs is getting so good at bullying. I was impressed by some of Fashion's fightback, what little there was of it. Light work for Hobbs tonight.

Long Revolution recap

2) SCU vs Azriel and Danny Limelight. Looking forward to this one. Kaz and Limelight chain wrestling is gorgeous. Nice little Rocky Romero stylings from Limelight. Azriel is scruffier, but he has this great early 00s indie energy. He and Limelight work well together. This is a really good tag match, you'd accept this as a Dynamite quality match if Limelight and Azriel were better known. SCU are so smooth.

3) Pretty Motion Picture vs Solow, Dean Alexander, and Brick Aldridge. This mf called brick. I kind of like the Nemeth / Bononi energy. Solow, in case you hadn't noticed, is pretty good. OK, so clearly these are more Nightmare Factory kids. Ogogo knows them pretty well. Alexander I think I recognise from that Nightmare Factory showcase. This is a fun but insubstantial match. Wow, this Solow hot tag is great. This whole match is fun. Jeez, Bononi caught one to the face.

4) Baron Black vs Lee Johnson. Big Shotty making towns. Fun match between well matched guys, couple of scruffy moments, but Johnson is really improving as a pro. Johnson's set pieces are beautiful. The individual things he does look great, but he really needs to work on linking them into a smooth match. Just a few too many moments where he's waiting for the other guy to do something instead of doing something himself. Good match. Two years from now these two are going to have a great match.

5) Aaron Frye, Rome Hat, Jon Cruz and Vary Morales vs Uno, Dos, Cuatro, y Colt. Have I mentioned that Reynolds is really really good? This is so loving silly. Dark Order are such a great goofus team. Not much to comment on apart from "fun!"

6) Varsity Blonds vs Ryzin and Cameron Stewart. Dude, lose the glasses. Even if the intention is to make you look like a feeb. Match wasn't much and the end was rough.

7) Diamante vs Savannah Thorne. Savannah from Charleson is confusing me. MJF's campaign manager is a bit clumsy. Diamante looks good as usual but this is not a good match.

8) Fuego Del Sol vs QT Marshall. Weird place to put the main event, but cool. Marshall plays his role very well here. He's heelish, he's bullying, and he's a perfect target for a white meat babyface. Fuego is valiant, he's fired up, and he's... getting the poo poo kicked out of him. Actually, that's unfair. He's hanging with QT and showing real toughness. AND HE HITS IT! IN THE CENTRE OF THE RING! And it looked really good. But one slip and one recovery and it's over. We got to the fireworks factory and it burned down.

9) Carlie Bravo vs Kip Sabian. This is fun. Bravo is nice and athletic, and Kip is an excellent sneaky midcard heel. Kip is clearly driving here, and it gives a lot of opportunities for Carlie to look good. I really liked the Bravo corner run and slide. Sabian wins, but he made Bravo look good.

10) Abadon vs Katalina Perez. Abadon's character work is second to none. The match wasn't bad. Katalina should talk to someone about new ring gear.

11) Proud and Powerful vs New Jersey Connection. Weird that they didn't come out to their theme. Love Sonny and Joey's ring gear. Sonny Kiss has come so far in the last year or so. It is going to be near impossible to keep Santana and Ortiz heel much longer. They are such natural fan favourites. This is an excellent match by the way. Excellent storytelling on both sides.

Good show, worth your time, RIP Fuego.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I feel like Reynolds gets largely ignored because his tag partner is a charisma tornado

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, I feel like Reynolds gets largely ignored because his tag partner is a charisma tornado

I was one of those people ignoring him until they showed up in AEW. Reynolds has a very dry sense of humor that I really appreciate.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Silver is Tim Heidecker and Alex Reynolds is Eric Warheim. Both great but Alex/Eric have a thankless role as the straight man most of the time. But you need him to be a little closer to normal for the weirdness of Silver/Tim.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I am suing Tony Khan to pay for my couch and my window fyi

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ex baiting taz to swear was so loving funny

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

graph posted:

Taz falls for it every time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pylons posted:

Mr. Perfect was briefly managed by "The Coach" (aka John Tolos), who also briefly managed the Beverly Brothers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graph posted:

Demonetized Jones

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
wrong thread

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

Mr. Perfect was briefly managed by "The Coach" (aka John Tolos), who also briefly managed the Beverly Brothers.
Bill Alfonso immediately comes to mind. That goddamn whistle was such an irritating heel trait. IIRC Bob Backlund kind of had an evil coach run in his late WWE career too.

Unrelated: Has Dark ever had a jobber upset? I kind of breezed through episodes when catching up, but I don't recall any big ones. And I don't mean like jobber beating slightly elevated jobber, I mean like a Dark talent upsetting a Dynamite talent. If not, they're about due. Results not being a foregone conclusion all the time would make things a bit more interesting.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Bill Alfonso immediately comes to mind. That goddamn whistle was such an irritating heel trait. IIRC Bob Backlund kind of had an evil coach run in his late WWE career too.

Unrelated: Has Dark ever had a jobber upset? I kind of breezed through episodes when catching up, but I don't recall any big ones. And I don't mean like jobber beating slightly elevated jobber, I mean like a Dark talent upsetting a Dynamite talent. If not, they're about due. Results not being a foregone conclusion all the time would make things a bit more interesting.

just what the wrestling world needs, more pointless swerves

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, that's not what AEW Dark is, it's not the show where the jobber gets a win over the talent, Dynamite has done that twist before, and done it super well, but the central thesis of jobber loses to AEW talent is inherent to Dark's existence.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not saying do it all the time, but never doing it is a missed opportunity for a quick angle, imo.

Or should I say... a Dark... :cool: Elevation.

I'm sorry

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Posted this in the main AEW thread, but why not? The line up for Elevation

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1370087915674611717?s=20

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think we're at the point where every YouTube show gets enough posts to warrant a GDT?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Feels like Dark being self-contained like this is the right call, though Elevation might justify a GDT maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, Dark generates less angles/story/discussion, so a megathread seems fine

Elevation might actually require more attention