Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There's no way Bethesda games aren't at least lengthy console exclusives after paying $7 billion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sony already pays considerably less for lengthy exclusives, it makes no sense to pay even a billion if they're just gonna give it away eventually. Think of it as they're potential seed money to start up studios that probably would've floundered chasing trends.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

There's no way Bethesda games aren't at least lengthy console exclusives after paying $7 billion.

its not unreasonable to predict they are going to begin a move to shorter/more frequently expanded content if they begin to see gamepass as their primary market.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's the opposite, Microsoft has multiplayer studios, they don't have sony style single player focused studios. This changes that, they have enough studios now that no one has to compromise, it's almost like they learned from the past. Variety is what makes gamepass great and attracts all types. Case in point, I've only downloaded Sea of thieves from game pass as far as MS studios go. But I do have control, yakuza, and more.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 10, 2021

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Is disc room on xbox yet? Im fuckin in love with it

Not a clue but I'm glad that JW is still making games even though Vlambeer is closing (they have one last game due to be released called Ultrabugs) because Nuclear Throne is one of my favorite games and the guy is crazy talented with his ideas and output.

Speaking of, if you like Nuclear Throne check out Voidigo which is on Steam early access right now, it's very similar and really fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

it's almost like they learned from the past.

:suspense:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said almost. I'm still not sure what they're thinking with gears, fable or halo, though I haven't cared about those since the aughts. But Phil has talked about the importance of the rpg studios they have now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think its clear that aaron greenberg was handed a completely disfunctional xgs and is also not able to fix it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They’ve had Fable wallowing for over a decade. Mental how much easy good will they blew in the last gen

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Microsoft isn't shy about killing Game Pass experiments that don't work out.

Bleeding Edge launched last March and then all support for it was cancelled in January, after 10 months.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the forza horizon devs seem good they might do something decent with fable. but like. theres been all of 1 really good fable game its not exactly the elder scrolls

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, Elder Scrolls has had two good games.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Shirkelton posted:

Yeah, Elder Scrolls has had two good games.

battlespire and redguard?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It occurred to me that one thing I did between checking the headphones last night and this morning was change the Xbox from oriented vertically to horizontally and I swear if that had anything to do with this issue just :stare:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Doctor Nutt posted:

It occurred to me that one thing I did between checking the headphones last night and this morning was change the Xbox from oriented vertically to horizontally and I swear if that had anything to do with this issue just :stare:

No joke, this was a reveal in a Dr. House episode (patient would get better when lying down but start having terrible health poo poo when they were standing).

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Finished the Stranger Things 3 game on Game Pass and I enjoyed it. It's a pretty fun yet simple beat 'em up with a few puzzles and RPG elements. Trailer/gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knb4xjKqDlw

The game has big show spoilers though so make sure you watch season 3 first.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Remember how Elder Scrolls games used to give black people a penalty to intelligence?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Carto is fun tho i hate lazy lost woods puzzles and chapter 3 was one longish one.

^^
"I didn't think anything of it then but now it just seems rather racist," Anfuso says. "By assigning a numerical value to a statistic called "intellegence," it is implied that a higher value equals a smarter person. Because Redguards have their intellegence severely limited as an inate racial characteristic, they cannot perform magic very well, so they are too stupid to do magic."

Thankfully, Skyrim has made steps to avoid this by doing away with these stats so that even a Redguard can become proficient in magic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Carto is fun but there are a couple puzzles, early on, that aren't explained well enough that you can get stuck. Myself and all the other people playing got stuck at the same point on the second island.

Also so frikkan much talking

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

ErrEff posted:

Apparently you can do this without defeating the superbosses to get the final costume, if you just need the Hare-Raiser outfit for Jade (which is the last one most people will be unlocking).

This was recently posted in a TrueAchievements comment, hidden deep in a guide:

Other posters have confirmed it works. Have yet to try it myself, I found it just now because I've also been frustrated with those superbosses for a while.

Wanted to chime in with another bout of thanks for this! The ludicrous difficulty spike with that boss is not fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Carto is fun but there are a couple puzzles, early on, that aren't explained well enough that you can get stuck. Myself and all the other people playing got stuck at the same point on the second island.

Also so frikkan much talking

Yeah i looked that up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah i looked that up

Its really annoying because like half-way into the game to the end the puzzles are really good and intuitive but you gotta get past a real stinker so early on.

Would play Carto 2: Eternal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want a run button

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I didn’t beat Carto but i’m 99% sure there’s a permanent move speed increase at some point

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I didn’t beat Carto but i’m 99% sure there’s a permanent move speed increase at some point

There is but its not enough

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

am here to brag i got through the desert level and have yet to look anything up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Doctor Nutt posted:

there’s a Mac mini that has better Bluetooth performance when upside down, not sure if it’s the newest one

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Oh yeah, I imagine everyone is going to hate the final chapter (snow and ice) of Carto. It has a couple of times where you want to travel from one map piece to the other, but doing so requires more than just putting the pieces next to each other. And the less said about the sliding ice puzzle the better.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I just tried Journey to the Savage Planet, also on game pass. I think this would be a very fun game with a friend, but playing it solo didn't do much for me. It looks good though, and it's a funny game.

I also just ordered a second controller so I can finally play with myself.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

John F Bennett posted:

I also just ordered a second controller so I can finally play with myself.

Make a friend, man, get a grip.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Friends are for online play, splitscreen coop is with the missus.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is it just me or is their a lot of shovelware on the store now?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

check out the Switch store if you wanna see a lot of shovelware. dear god

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Lammasu posted:

There are a lot of mobile games that even have the vertical screen. They're usually free though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think every store is just like that now. Steam, PSN, it's garbage shovelware all the way down.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1369713151726477318/

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’m pretty sure that’s just placeholder tiles considering it also gets the price of RDR2 wrong but I think Arkham Knight is still one of the best-looking games of last generation and I’d love an excuse to replay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pirate Jet posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s just placeholder tiles considering it also gets the price of RDR2 wrong but I think Arkham Knight is still one of the best-looking games of last generation and I’d love an excuse to replay it.

Arkham Knight was very pretty on my base Xbone, but seriously gently caress every part of the game that involved the batmobile. Hated it made me quit playing multiple times. I gave up for good on the tunnel chase fight.