Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Okay I have finally finished all of my math homework AKA beating Loop Hero

the game is very fun but there is a lot to know and it feels very good to go from looking at people's screenshots and saying "I don't know how it is physically possible to do what you did" to then totally breaking the game over your knee

Act iv was such a biatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love cat pics, dog pics, and food pics

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

Oh goddamn literally everything in dragon quest is a pun

There's a crafting material that's been around at least since 7 or 8, anyway I just now realized even it is a loving pun

SMALL SCALE

I'm dying lol

I'm being dumber than usual, what's the pun here

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm being dumber than usual, what's the pun here
Small Scale as in of a reptile and small-scale, as in constructed at a small size.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Served with a side of stir-fried broccoli and carrot. The bun was slathered with some of the tonkatsu sauce from yesterday (ketchup, worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce). Sweet Italian sausage, topped with chopped caramelized onions, kimchi, and sauteed scallions.

Really good... the sweetness of the brioche and tonkatsu sauce melded with the salt/sharpness of the onions and kimchi, unified harmoniously with each bite

now that's a fukkin hotto doggu

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Small Scale as in of a reptile and small-scale, as in constructed at a small size.

Oh ok. That doesn't really feel like much of a pun to be honest.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh ok. That doesn't really feel like much of a pun to be honest.
Dragon Quest puns are rarely good puns.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Dragon Quest puns are rarely good puns.

Idk, I've only played 3 mainline games and 1 spinoff game and the demo for builders 2 but I thought they had some pretty goo puns.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

...I'm not sure if I should shake your hand or kick you in the shins for that.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
'Dragon Quest' is a pretty solid pun imho

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
RE therapist chat for anyone else whose in the search for one, something my partner mentioned as a way to narrow down your search for a good therapist is that therapists know each other as professionals and you can use this to find one that suits you. If you have good/trustworthy friends who are seeing a therapist and they enjoy their relationship with that therapist then you can ask them to ask their therapist if anyone they know who fits a set of criteria you're looking for is also accepting new patients and try and get your foot in the door with a follow up call or email to that therapist.

Its not fool proof and is dependent on some of the big ifs I mentioned before, but it helped said partner find someone they've had a great experience with, so I figured it could help just to pass it along.

...I must stress though, do not mix up/skip some of the above steps and get the same therapist as your immediate friends unless you've very few to choose from at all.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"I'll take Before and After for $800, Alex"

"https://kotaku.com/nba-player-drops-antisemitic-slur-during-call-of-duty-1846442138"

*ding*

"What is... Miami Heated Gamer Moment?"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

"Player suspended by team, dropped by sponsors."

Well, they certainly reacted fast, can't complain about that.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weedle posted:

did it not occur to them that it is possible to share and interact with only the first tweet without its follow-up, and that ironically offering a forum to the most gravel-brained chuds in the world might be a bad move

I mean even if you don't the fine print is apparently that they're offering 2 scholarships to burger king employees worth 25k, whereas the NYT ad they took out would've cost like 250k lmao

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh goddamn it

single phial

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walla posted:

Also, thanks to charliefoxtrot for posting the P5 curry. I made my own based off of it but heavily modified for the wife and kid and it was drat good. Had mine with rice, hummus and an egg while the wife and kid had theirs with rice noodles in a sauce.

Good stuff.

I have not been able to find a single good curry recipe, I miss it after coming back from japan. :smith:

charliefoxtrot share your secrets

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 10, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

"https://kotaku.com/nba-player-drops-antisemitic-slur-during-call-of-duty-1846442138"

*ding*

Lol his excuse is he didn't know it was a slur

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

Taking advice from Dave Chappelle

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is actually a pretty serious moment but every time something like this happens I do the whole "that's chappie" bit

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

haveblue posted:

*ding*

Incredible post

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

A man of two worlds, esports and sports.

Well, used to be, anyway. Now he resides in the void.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

I like that he even paused before he said it like his brain was trying to stop him from going through his rolodex of slurs but couldn't stop him from getting one out.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

drat it I'm reinstalling Dark Souls 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Acerbatus posted:

I have not been able to find a single good curry recipe, I miss it after coming back from japan. :smith:

charliefoxtrot share your secrets

Oh it was in the last thread, let me find it

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"it's showtime"

Based on the recipe card here, freestyled a bit: https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/02/19/making-leblanc-curry-from-persona-5

I did it all in one pot to save on cleanup and concentrate flavors, I didn't have apple so instead kept the carrot in chunks (it was plenty sweet without it, in a good way), swapped some of the spices. I had to the keep the "LeBlanc" theming so there was a splash of coffee in the final reduction.

This was drat good, the balance was between sweet and spicy-salty, which worked really well. I am looking forward to the other half tomorrow since curry develops additional traits when refrigerated.

...is that why it is a Persona food...?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Weedle posted:

congrats! did you kill chester for his sweet duds

Who is Chester? I think perhaps I did not.

bovis posted:

drat it I'm reinstalling Dark Souls 2

Heck yeah :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toast King posted:

Speaking of therapy + being someone who doesn't post much, tomorrow is my first sessions after putting off dealing with some level of anxiety/depression issues for 10 years or more. I'm sort of looking forward to it? Once I'd made the appointment it was a good feeling and it's nice that things are very subsidised here.

And for videogame content, maybe it'll help with the feelings of staring at 2-3 games I know I like playing and then just sitting on my phone feeling like I don't have enough time or effort to decide on anything. So that could be a nice bonus.

Good luck with the therapy also hi, you should post more :hai:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Coco Ichibanya is the only curry you need in Japan. God bless Coco.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I'm going to do a dual caestus build this time. Already enjoying punching mans!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Giant, Pursuer, Dragonrider and Sentinels down! With the help of some summons (NPC and real) of course :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Something I have discovered from both BB and DS1 (and which based on the length of time between the two I am guessing is in DS2 and DS3 as well) is that I really like the way that NPC questlines are easily missable or breakable and not easy to figure out. Such as needing to be in specific places in the world to talk to them or help them and that there is no guarantee you would ever do the majority of them.

It is nice to not have a quest box telling you every step of a specific questline. There were a couple of quests in DS1 and BB that I did purely by accident but it felt like a reward for the way I chose to explore and play through the world. If I had been in a different part of the game doing different things it would not have happened. It is a very organic feeling.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Who is Chester? I think perhaps I did not.

He's the smug rear end in a top hat merchant just outside of Artorias' arena. Looks like he stepped right out of Bloodborne.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Draga posted:

He's the smug rear end in a top hat merchant just outside of Artorias' arena. Looks like he stepped right out of Bloodborne.

Oh! That dude! I spoke to him, did not buy anything, did not attack him. Generally in videogames if something does not attack me, then I do not attack it. Though last night the badgering that had been occuring since I started the game back in December culminated in me using Gough's bow to attack the fake Gwynneviere thus leading me to darken Anor Londo and face Gwyndolin. I held off doing it for so long too because they had been so pleasant to me so I had no reason to suspect anything.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

Oh! That dude! I spoke to him, did not buy anything, did not attack him. Generally in videogames if something does not attack me, then I do not attack it.

If you were in human form he would have invaded you in Oolacile Township. If you talk to him after that he gets all pissy about it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Something I have discovered from both BB and DS1 (and which based on the length of time between the two I am guessing is in DS2 and DS3 as well) is that I really like the way that NPC questlines are easily missable or breakable and not easy to figure out. Such as needing to be in specific places in the world to talk to them or help them and that there is no guarantee you would ever do the majority of them.

It is nice to not have a quest box telling you every step of a specific questline. There were a couple of quests in DS1 and BB that I did purely by accident but it felt like a reward for the way I chose to explore and play through the world. If I had been in a different part of the game doing different things it would not have happened. It is a very organic feeling.

I think a lot of Bloodborne’s are way easier to miss than DS1’s, but the fact that a triple A dev is willing to just let you miss whole chunks of the game if you don’t explore enough is one of the best things about Soulsborne games, I think maybe Hollow Knight is the only other one that lets you do like 65% of the game’s content for the bad ending and 85% for the good one you might not even get cause god is Radiance a bitch.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

happy mar10/war10 day everyone please play a Mario/Wario, or else

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you didn't already play them all on Mar 2 you are a Fake Gamer

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Help Im Alive posted:

happy mar10/war10 day everyone please play a Mario/Wario, or else

I refuse

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'd forgotten how much of a FOMO generator Warframe is and how much I dislike that

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

I love cat pics, dog pics, and food pics

Cat pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Can do!

I don't know why he looks so distressed in that shot.