Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The RJ weapons should autoupgrade from collected wrecks like they did in Vanquish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I have next to no idea what the hell I was doing when I quit three(?) years ago. Even that previous updates screen stops at the Steel Path update, anything before that & after Fortuna’s a total unknown to me

The only must-dos I was ever aware of are Second Dream and War Within, and I did those long ago. Is there anything else I really should do for story or especially game mechanic reasons?

Possibly a follow-up to that: that Lavos WF looks cool, how do I start on getting access to it?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

I have next to no idea what the hell I was doing when I quit three(?) years ago. Even that previous updates screen stops at the Steel Path update, anything before that & after Fortuna’s a total unknown to me

The only must-dos I was ever aware of are Second Dream and War Within, and I did those long ago. Is there anything else I really should do for story or especially game mechanic reasons?

Possibly a follow-up to that: that Lavos WF looks cool, how do I start on getting access to it?

Lavos is from Father (not your father) on Deimos.

EDIT : If you haven't, poke the Codex for Apostasy, and The Sacrifice.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh no. necramechs on orb vallis bounties are impractical yet really fun

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
As long as the bounties don't scale too high, it's solid. Thermia Fractures are good too.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Well, I'm trying to get affinity to drop my last forma in for mastery purposes so the T5 bounties aren't dangerous. I tend to do my best to not let reinforcement staves linger, that probably keeps it safe.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I do not need to farm more endo :negative:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
that sounds like denial

Orv
May 4, 2011
More like it's one of the few things I don't really enjoy doing in the game and blech.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Is Endo going to drop in RJ like Dirac?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, all your Dirac stores are going to turn into endo so for me it's a cool 400k Endo boost, so maybe some Gian Point while it still exists could do you some good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

apparently you only need 6 built railjack parts instead of 30 to get the care package according to todays stream. thats good but it means i wasted 105 plat on slots whoops

oh you also need your avionics grid maxed

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dartonus posted:

A hardened team of Grineer marines heft their weapons as their boarding pod slams into the Railjack, ready to take the fight to the Tenno.

Instead, as the pod opens they are met with an impenetrable wall of Floofs that blocks off the entire passage and renders it completely unusable.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
On all levels except physical, I am a zephyr

*screech*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bex4uux1o-M

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

cuntman.net posted:

apparently you only need 6 built railjack parts instead of 30 to get the care package according to todays stream. thats good but it means i wasted 105 plat on slots whoops

oh you also need your avionics grid maxed

You only need 6 completed parts?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

DarkAvenger211 posted:

You only need 6 completed parts?

Yes, but you need to have maxed out your avionics grid. The Dev Workshop post has been updated.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I've got a fully upgraded grid, but what counts as wreckage? Is it just any completed component (Engines/Shields/Reactor/Weapons)? And I'm assuming Mk1 components don't count here?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
At 10/3/21

quote:

Player has Completed 1 or more Wreckage or Clan BP and 4 Avionics Grid Slots Maxed: Tier 1

1x Rush Repair Drone
2x Armament Slots
10 x Riven Slivers
Bonus Railjack Mods
- Munitions Vortex
- Battle Forge
- Particle Ram
- Void Hole
- Railjack Resource Bundle

Player has completed at least 3 Wreckage and 7 Avionic Grid Slots Maxed: Tier 2

- Everything in Tier 1
- 2x Rush Repair Drones
- 15 Riven Slivers
- 10,000 Endo
-7 Day Resource and Affinity Booster
- Railjack Resource Bundle #2

Player has completed at least 6 Wreckage and Full Avionic Grid Slots Maxed: Tier 3

- Everything in Tier 1 AND Tier 2
- 3x Rush Repair Drones
- Legendary Core
- Umbra Forma
- Railjack Resource Bundle #3

So MK1 should count, but not the stuff you started with? I dunno.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Dear DE, Please stop giving riven slivers out. Just give out rivens. Both are equally as valuable now.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Wrong, slivers can go in storage and be forgotten, rivens require slots and occasional attention in order to free those slots.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
God drat it Vor put some clothes on, nobody wants to see your Janus key

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Kesper North posted:

God drat it Vor put some clothes on, nobody wants to see your Janus key

I wonder if they will ever revisit that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

what the gently caress makes a good mod setup? i've done nothing for 24 hours but get my rear end kicked by t he first mission on Sedna and i'm just about ready to quit again

"Grineer 30-34" what does that even loving mean, we don't have levels to compare against!! :tizzy:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
What kind of mods are you running now? Can't go wrong with damage + multi shot + crit chance + crit damage for most stuff.

What warframe are you using?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

so I guess there's still no way to post that except multiple screenshots, huh

among these the Dex Furis is the only thing that kills anything at all in less than a clip--oh, out of ammo. right, ok *dies*

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 10, 2021

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ciaphas posted:

i've done nothing for 24 hours but get my rear end kicked by t he first mission on Sedna and i'm just about ready to quit again

"Grineer 30-34" what does that even loving mean, we don't have levels to compare against!! :tizzy:
The numbers are just the starting levels for the enemies (they go up for certain mission types the longer you stay), and like youve noticed it's not really a good indicator since it depends more on specific enemy type - a lvl 40 sentient boss will be a totally different story than a lvl 60 infested mob.

Sedna is pretty far into the starchart, so i'd would be nice to know which frames or weapons you're using or have available. Are you playing solo? Is it a specific mission type (like objective defense)? Are there certain elite enemies that one-shot you? Are you getting lost in a new tileset or fail unknown spy vault/rescue tiles?

Ciaphas posted:

so I guess there's still no way to post that except multiple screenshots, huh
You can link that stuff ingame, but it uses a build- dependand format so you cant really copy paste it outside, so yeah a short list of names or snipping tool is usually used for more specific stuff

screenshot edit:
Nekros is mostly considered a loot boost frame, there are more tanky or offensive options at that point (also you're still leveling the frame so it wont have max hp and all abilities unlocked). It helps a lot to potato the frame (if you can spare the plat for a frame you use a lot) or use a full grid of lower rank mods instead of 4 high ranked ones. Is your problem enemy killtime or your own survivability or both? Are you using all mobility options, including spoiler mode's?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 10, 2021

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It isn't particular to the mission type (though it's Rescue vs Grineer in this case; Naga on Sedna); I'm just dead-by-attrition as soon as I run into anyone with Elite in the name without dex furis ammo

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Spoiler pulse and en-dash are perfect first choices to go for. It took me a bit to build up (mostly because i didnt bother with power ESO groups with boosters) but it's good to get used to using spoiler mode and its mobility/duck stuff.

Ciaphas posted:

It isn't particular to the mission type (though it's Rescue vs Grineer in this case; Naga on Sedna); I'm just dead-by-attrition as soon as I run into anyone with Elite in the name without dex furis ammo
Grineer love armor, elites are usually noticeably tanky compared to regular mobs, and sedna is around the point where theres enough levels on the enemies for the scaling of their hp/armor to become noticeable. This will usually become most notable on most primary or secondary weapons if theyre not fully modded.

It helps if you can adjust your elemental damage output to viral or corrosive (as is the case on your dex, which also came with a free potato) or use a killframe with stats pushed to support their nuker or damage abilities. Only having a single high firerate weapon can sometimes lead to ammo dependency tho.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 10, 2021

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Have you built a Hek yet? What about Rhino? Can't tell what your mastery rank is but it's probably worth ranking that up as well.

Are you on PC and in the clan?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

MR9. I do have a Hek; and a Rhino, but I don't want to play that (and re the Hek, if I have to have all beefed gear to survive at this point, how the hell am I supposed to level anything else?)

Not in the clan and don't particularly want to join - partly an incontrovertible anxiety thing, partly i'm still on the edge of uninstalling again anyway (I'd forgotten how frustrating game obtuseness is, and this has that in spades)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

You've been backed into a classic trap with the furis there. It's a classic bullet hose secondary which usually means it's going to taper off quick against high level enemies, a flood of low damage bullets is going to be even less effective. Though you've done good running corrosion on it, stacking fire onto that would be even better. You'll want a high damage primary to balance the bullet hose secondary, right now the grakata is also a low damage bullet hose. It's been said already but you'll probably want to switch from nekros to something beefier with more useful abilities. For rescue missions, you don't have to murder everything in the room if it's giving you trouble. Just skip on by to your objective.

In my own troubles: I've figured out that their overhaul of the Xini tileset makes it real hard to solo farm it for void traces and relics both. The plentiful verticality, while pretty, makes it so the weak AI gets lost a lot of the time plus the RNG drop rate on void pickups means the mission finishes while I'm still at 5/10. Boo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

my apologies for the multiquote

hazardousmouse posted:

Though you've done good running corrosion on it, stacking fire onto that would be even better.
Why?

hazardousmouse posted:

It's been said already but you'll probably want to switch from nekros to something beefier with more useful abilities.
so Nekros is a bad warframe?

hazardousmouse posted:

For rescue missions, you don't have to murder everything in the room if it's giving you trouble. Just skip on by to your objective.
And if the troublemaker is the hostage executioner in the prison room?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

MR9. I do have a Hek; and a Rhino, but I don't want to play that (and re the Hek, if I have to have all beefed gear to survive at this point, how the hell am I supposed to level anything else?)

Not in the clan and don't particularly want to join - partly an incontrovertible anxiety thing, partly i'm still on the edge of uninstalling again anyway (I'd forgotten how frustrating game obtuseness is, and this has that in spades)

Warframe goons are literally the best gaming community bar none. Join the clan. Ask questions and get answers in real time. The long term players will fall over one another to give you the basic mods to get up and running, link you builds, link you color schemes, and link you cool Mandrachord songs. There is literally no downside to joining and plenty to be gained. If the chat gets to be too much you just minimize it.

Pretty much the only time people struggle to get started is trying to start out on their own or insist on going it alone in a game that notoriously doesn't explain itself. I would only say it's not worth joining if the core movement and combat and loot collection doesn't appeal to you, that's ultimately the meat of the game until you reach the Fashion Frame plane of enlightenment.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

In rescue making a bolt for the door is a good policy. You can extract even if the mark is bleeding out.

Ciaphas, if you're on switch let me know and I can carry (pnp17). Sedna and Pluto were humps in the star chart for me and goon clan carried. You're almost MR10, which opens up a few more useful weapons. :blastu:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Your Nekros is level 6, and Sedna is the last planet on the star chart. He's already a squishy frame, and he's gonna be even squishier at a low level like that.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

my apologies for the multiquote
Why?

so Nekros is a bad warframe?
And if the troublemaker is the hostage executioner in the prison room?

I don't think anyone would call Nekros bad, but they might call him not well suited for what you're looking for. His primary strength (and the reason most people use him) is his 3, which is one of the rare abilities that boosts loot, but you're not really in a situation where you need that. Other than that, his 4 is good at creating a bunch of friends to take shots, but that's of limited value in missions where you're trying to move quickly to and between objectives - i think it's most helpful in defense or mobile defense, or maybe interception. If you really want to use him in Rescue missions, then his 2 might be of use because it stops enemies from attacking and thereby cuts down on incoming damage.

What's probably hurting you more than anything is the rank. Warframes get more energy, health/shield, and better abilities as they rank up - abilities especially because some are downright terrible until you get them to rank 3. I would strongly recommend not taking on challenging content without a rank 30 frame or enough defensive mods to help you mitigate the loss in health/shield. To make this particular matter worse, Nekros is already more fragile than some other frames. I don't know your stance on solo vs group play but if you do group play then 100% hop into a Lith/Meso defense fissure. You'll get grist for Baro (and forma/useful Prime BPs) and level up pretty quickly. You can also use normal Sanctuary Onslaught if you've unlocked it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Ciaphas posted:

what the gently caress makes a good mod setup? i've done nothing for 24 hours but get my rear end kicked by t he first mission on Sedna and i'm just about ready to quit again

Regarding enemy levels, my understanding is that level 100 is like the start of end game level enemies (they can technically go up to 9999 if you do endless missions long enough). That would make 30-34 a sort of low-middle level enemy overall, and like RCW said it is the level they start at for the mission and doesn't always reflect a guaranteed difficulty.

If you want to level Nekros up you can take him back to earlier missions and do those, this gives you a chance to find new mods and farm more materials like endo to let you level up mods you already have. You'll also get relics which you definitely want for getting primed weapons and frames which are stronger and better - you also need some prime items to sell to Baro Kiteer every fortnight so that you can buy unique mods.

If they are killing you too quickly or easily:
You need to look at mods on your Warframe, or consider using a different Warframe with more CC or defensive abilities - Nekros doesn't really have these things except for Terrify. Almost all Warframes can benefit from more Vitality (pretty much all of my frames use a maxed out Vitality mod, +440% health) but only some frames benefit from more armour or shields. There is a system called shield gating which means no matter how much damage you take, it will not go through your shields to health, so for difficult enemies or fights it's best to back off for a moment and get some shield back. You also need to keep moving, especially rolling and aim gliding. Besides your frame there's a sentinel mod to instantly recharge shields called Guardian.

From the wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Maneuvers :

quote:

Rolling also reduces all damage taken by the player by 75% during its animation.
Rolling shakes off certain enemies or projectiles that cling to the player (such as Latchers, Maggots, or Leeches) and can also 'dispel' certain status effects such as Swarm Mutalist MOA spores

Aim gliding makes players harder to hit by enemies, effectively reducing enemy accuracy.

If you are having a hard time damaging enemies:
You need to look at the mods on your weapons and consider the damage types that are most effective against the ones you are fighting (you can read about these on the wiki or by looking at the in game codex, after scanning enemies), because enemies have their own resistances and armour. You want to have some kind of element like fire, toxic, viral, radiation, electricity, and slash - the last one is the most important of the physical types because it does bleed status over time which totally ignores armour. The 'bad' elements as far as I understand are magnetic and blast, because they don't offer very much in terms of crowd control or debuffs.

e: Looking at the mods you have on your Dex Furis, corrosive is pretty strong against Grineer because it strips armour every time it procs - (wiki again)"It temporarily degrades the armor of the afflicted target by 26% for 8 seconds. Subsequent procs further reduce armor by 6% of the original armor up to 80% armor reduction in total after 10 stacks, each stack having its own duration." - I would remove No Return and Quick Draw, and put Heated Charge on the end because it has a stacking effect with corrosive, removing even more armour and also causing enemies to panic when they catch on fire so that they can't fight while the effect lasts. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Heat_Damage

Definitely want to recommend joining the clan, it's not like other games where it tries to thrust clan stuff in your face - you can totally ignore the chat at all times, but it makes it easier to find help for missions, information, and gear or mods when you need it. It's also much easier to level up with others because the game generates more enemies, and you share experience/affinity for their kills.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 10, 2021

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Nekros is a huge noob trap.

If you are dying, get rhino ( or nezha)
No damage, get mesa
Too slow, get volt
or just get wukong and do all three. His damage tapers off but he's good enough for the star chart. I didn't graduate out of him until I hit kuva fort and liches.

A good gun really changes things too. Senda is pretty rough and its when the game requires some interaction with modding. Any weapon is good heavily modded. I recommend a fulmin honestly because its good at anything, silenced, and recharges its ammo. Its bought from the market and takes some jupiter missions. But then you need mods and you may not have discovered a lot of them. But a catalyst and some forma to fit the core madurai (the v symbol) mods like serration, point strike, split chamber, vital sense, etc. I think a gun and damage is more important than the actual frame. But the frame can help.

temple fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I looked at "Nekros 6" and thought "there's your problem". Sedna is also a pretty steep bit of road for a low-rank player.

The best way to level gear is to have one thing you're 100% confident in equipped. This can be a frame or a gun. Bring the Hek and a secondary and a melee to get shared affinity for. This is where Forma and Reactors/Catalysts come in early on. Once you find something you trust, throw a potato at it. Now you can level gear even more easily. As you get higher MR, the pain of putting a forma into something decreases, too, which is nice.

Warframe has a kind of language to it, you start with picking up phrases and the rest of it comes in time. This applies to modding (damage, then multishot, then elementals, then crit or status mods), level tilesets (you eventually learn what the waypoint is saying without having to follow it directly), and what the most effective ways to do stuff are.