Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
I bring the ham:

Blood Angel IXth Legion Command Squad/Legion Terminators with Terminator Praetor

I even magnetized the banner:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
I missed the snipe :cripes:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

HeavingGirth posted:

Hey thanks! I'm working on a Night Terror Assault list. I've been mostly collecting to collect because I love it and don't know when anyone will get to play.

Finished:
Curze
Sevatar
Various praetors
5 termies
10 tac
10 Night Raptors

In process:
Contekar (once they're here)
10 more tac
20 more Night Raptors
10 marines with auto cannons
Spartan
Terror Squad
Rhinos
Close combat dread
Long range dread
Close combat leviathan dread
Various praetors/conversions

Hoping to finish those this year, until I get distracted and go back to Word Bearers or Emperor's Children.

Also, finished that praetor last night:

Looking good!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Happy 2 year FAQ-aversary!!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Happy 2 year FAQ-aversary!!

If theres no FAQ maybe FW knows the game is perfect ????,

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Tommunist posted:

If theres no FAQ maybe FW knows the game is perfect ????,

:hmmyes:

Hopefully everyone spamming them isn't going to lead to a "Here, just stop bugging us" style update with very poorly thought out changes.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Had some downtime to finally finish up this NL praetor:

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

HeavingGirth posted:

Had some downtime to finally finish up this NL praetor:

Good murder-man!

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
I got a feelin'!
I'm high on believin'...

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Major Spag posted:

I got a feelin'!
I'm high on believin'...

These are amazing

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
So I put together a stupid army with a stupid theme in the attempts to try something a little different.

It's an Iron Hands army built around the Recon Company rite of war. You might be thinking "What the gently caress is wrong with you?". The answer is a lot of things, but here is my thinking!

For the unfamiliar, the Recon Company forces you to take three recon squads as compulsory troops. Anything with scout or infiltrate gets shrouded (+2 to cover saves) on the first turn game turn, and you can re-roll the first turn roll off and seize the initiative. The downsides are no terminators of any kind and heavy support choices must start in reserves.

With Iron Hands reducing the strength of incoming shooting by one, the overall plan is to blunt the first turn alpha strike as much as possible.

The first HQ is the special Iron Hands character Shadrak Meduson. He was more of a fluff pick because I primarily play Alpha Legion and in the fluff, Alpharius spent a significant amount of time masquerading as Shadrak. I gave him a command squad which was also a fluff pick. They all count as Iron Hands, but I wanted to have a representative of each of the traditional shattered legions. Each non-Iron Hand model was painted by someone in my group who played that particular army (thanks TKWG!). They have a dedicated proteus landraider with augury web so it has scout (and shrouded!). Being dedicated means it doesn't have to start in reserves.

The second HQ is a praevian with three Vorax. With native scout, deploying them in cover grants a 2+ cover save and gives the army some melee capability.

There's a bike squad with effective toughness 6, 2+ cover save when jinking, and FNP. Probably the toughest bike combination you can make.

Each of the three recon squads has a sniper rifle and combi-plasma. I restrained myself from giving whole squads sniper rifles for two reasons:
1) 5 points a model adds up, and if they're decked out, I'll have high expectations and they will only let me down.
2) One model per squad is cheap, and if I have zero expectations, they will occasionally do amazing things.

A scouting vet squad with a mix of combi-weapons. You know what these do.

This last one is the weird one. I'll start by saying that in general, infantry mounted multi-meltas are bad, really bad. I can't think of very many legions that make them much more of an appealing choice over the other options. My approach here was to make them as survivable as possible so that they might be able to do some work once they have a chance to set up. Also shoulder mounted pattern for maximum heresy.

I'm running 8 multimeltas, an apothecary, and a vigilator. The vigilator grants scout and stealth (and indirectly shrouded), for a 4+ invuln in the open or a 2+ invuln in cover. 8 snap shooting multimeltas is about equivalent to 1.5 multimeltas not snap shooting (for like 12x the price!). Sometimes one is all it takes.

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 2, 2021

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
What a cool looking army! Love the lore bits too!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Hell yeah, hype as hell to see another Iron Hands player around these parts. Looks good as hell, and seeing Recon Marines is always a treat.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Thanks, I love them.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Sick-rear end banner, bro.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I would like to see more

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
A storm eagle for each recon company coming up.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Dreadgang dreadgang dreadgang

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Nice! I also made a dread recently

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tommunist posted:

Dreadgang dreadgang dreadgang

pictured above- one raven guard boi and his 3 infiltrating/outflanking dread boyfriends

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

pictured above- one raven guard boi and his 3 infiltrating/outflanking dread boyfriends

Not if the cruel tides of Australian warham do not allow me to outflank

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Tommunist posted:

Not if the cruel tides of Australian warham do not allow me to outflank

We can crowd source your fluff as to why you should be allowed to outflank. Let's take turns adding 3 words. I'll start:

Once upon a

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Once upon a Heresy, there was

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

Once upon a Heresy, there was

A cute mortifactor

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
And his big

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
friendly unit of

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
big metal boyfriends

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Once upon a Heresy, there was a cute mortifactor and his big friendly unit of big metal boyfriends who would go

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Tommunist posted:

Once upon a Heresy, there was a cute mortifactor and his big friendly unit of big metal boyfriends who would go

looking for other

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ghazk posted:

Once upon a Heresy, there was a cute mortifactor and his big friendly unit of big metal boyfriends who would go looking for other qt metal manhunks

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
to beat off

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Once upon a Heresy, there was a cute mortifactor and his big friendly unit of big metal boyfriends who would go looking for other qt metal manhunks to beat off. Eventually they became

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
extremely enamored by

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Rip to the large metal boy friends on the flank the ides of march roll onwards

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
hey that's more than 3 words

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Dreads flanking wooo

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Hearing big rumours that dreads gonna be moving to wounds anyone confirm/deny????.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I can confirm they already have 3 wounds!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
It would be interesting if they became monstrous creatures with castellax like profiles. Would make me think a little harder about autocannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ghazk posted:

I can confirm they already have 3 wounds!

Wowzers