Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Even with all that's going on over there it's got to be worth a bit for materials at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is there anything stopping the monarch of England from hocking the crown jewels to pay their gambling debts?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Outrail posted:

Is there anything stopping the monarch of England from hocking the crown jewels to pay their gambling debts?

Only the various curses.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

BonHair posted:

Didn't they quit the royal family altogether, effectively putting them and their offspring off the list of succession?
That's not how it works. They quit some of their royal duties, were told it was all or nothing, and then quit all their royal duties. The only way Harry and the kids could leave the succession would be by becoming Catholic (unless that's been repealed, I don't know). Otherwise, the succession is controlled by British law, not by the Queen's choices. (Yes, Edward VIII resigned, but that was followed up by an Act of Parliament making it official.)

Yes, my mind is cluttered with stuff.

e: The Crown Jewels are not the property of QEII personally; they are the property of the Crown, which she currently holds. She can't give them away or sell them. On the other hand, a lot of the jewelry she wears is her personal property (gifts, inheritance), and she can do anything she likes with those, including disassembling them to make new jewels.

Arsenic Lupin has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Mar 10, 2021

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd sell them all and buy delicious Chicago style hot dog sandwiches with the money. I bet you could buy dozens of hot dogs with that money.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Gross. Eat better hot dog preparations. Like chili dogs. Or really anything but chicago style.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Captain Monkey posted:

Only the various curses.

I have a fantastic idea for a Princess Diana movie.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Gross. Eat better hot dog preparations. Like chili dogs. Or really anything but chicago style.

I went to Chicago back in 2019 and while there checked out both deep dish and their Chicago dog offerings. Deep dish was good but not really pizza at that point. The Chicago dog is something that I still can't believe people spend money on.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

And so the hot dog opinion battle lines are drawn

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A Chicago dog is somebody replacing the condiments of a hot dog with the raw ingredients they're made out of as prank.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Let's just skip to the end where we all agree that St. Louis is an unholy abomination and truly the worst.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I haven't liked it much when I visited I must admit. Terrible weather.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Let's just skip to the end where we all agree that St. Louis is an unholy abomination and truly the worst.

They have the Slinger as a hangover breakfast cure. St. Louis is terrible, but it does have that one thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

They have the Slinger as a hangover breakfast cure. St. Louis is terrible, but it does have that one thing.

It's gonna have to be really good to atone for the food crime that is St. Louis style pizza.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Motherfucker I know you’re not about to tell me the light are shining any place but there

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

People can shade as much as they want but I'll always laugh at that movie.

That movie rules, I still quote it with friends nowadays especially when Renfield is chasing insects at dinner yelling "LIVES! MORE LIVES!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd sell them all and buy delicious Chicago style hot dog sandwiches with the money. I bet you could buy dozens of hot dogs with that money.

Yes, at least a dozen dozen.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toasted_ravioli

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

quote:

Lombardo's toasted raviolis frequently top lists as the "best t-ravs in St. Louis".[6]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Whattup it's your pal T-Ravs, don't forget to subscribe and hit that bell for notifications

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Welcome to T-ravis' T-Rav Shack

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Whattup it's your pal T-Ravs, don't forget to subscribe and hit that bell for notifications

Taco Bell's got t-ravs now? Dope.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
T-Ravs are gotdang delicious and I won’t stand for anybody saying anything different

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If St. Louis was a country it would have the highest murder rate in the world.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
can y'all get back to reposting things i say. thanko

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pick posted:

no

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pick posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

rodbeard posted:

If St. Louis was a country it would have the highest murder rate in the world.

the t-rav rivalries are freaking scary :stare:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Pick posted:

*Taps thread title*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pick posted:

How is increasing the minimum wage dumb and performative?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Paladinus posted:

This argument's about Chicago dogs and toasted ravs, friend. STATE YOUR OPINION

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

Welcome to T-ravis' T-Rav Shack

Formerly Chuck's

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

This argument's about Chicago dogs and toasted ravs, friend. STATE YOUR OPINION

I've never tasted either, but there's no such thing as a bad pizza in my book, so they should be fine.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Paladinus posted:

there's no such thing as a bad pizza in my book

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis-style_pizza

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

dunking on st louis pizza is just what people from the northeast and upper midwest do to ease their grief about how goddamn terrible their bbq is

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

it isn't, it was a niche politics argument. i'm all for the very necessary minimum wage increase.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Buddy I wish I was in a section of the country with bad BBQ to complain about

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

dunking on st louis pizza is just what people from the northeast and upper midwest do to ease their grief about how goddamn terrible their bbq is

Ain't no bbq in the north.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Buddy I wish I was in a section of the country with bad BBQ to complain about

bbq is easy, all you need is a roasting pan and a bottle of liquid smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Pick posted:

bbq is easy, all you need is a roasting pan and a bottle of liquid smoke.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

*Taps thread title*