Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cardiovorax posted:

Also arcade games, which ran a greater profit the more often they killed you.

Yeah but they had those in Japan too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah but they had those in Japan too
True, it was just an example of games in the Western cultural sphere that tended to be unfair hard.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Harrow posted:

Meanwhile, while Square was worrying about Final Fantasy games being too hard for stupid Americans on the SNES, an Enix-published game around the same time called The 7th Saga was made harder for the North American release, to the point that it's one of the most notoriously difficult (to the point of being unfair) RPGs of the era.

I'd love to play a version with the original balance because that game has some really cool and unique ideas, but the difficulty is wildly overtuned in the North American version.

I owned that game. I remember my boyfriend got pretty far in it but I can't remember if he beat it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Walla posted:

I owned that game. I remember my boyfriend got pretty far in it but I can't remember if he beat it.

I never got very far at all so if your boyfriend beat it he is a far more powerful gamer than I.

I really thought the overall idea was extremely cool, though, where you pick a main character and the other playable characters are your rivals who could potentially team up with you or even betray you later.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I gotta think of a game to play this weekend, about to have a three-day and its still two weeks to Monster Hunter

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Dark Souls 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's Mar10 Day... How about a mario game

I'm gonna play some Origami King tonight, maybe take down a second streamer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This song popped into my head out of absolutely nowhere, had to sit there for a moment replaying it in my head until I could remember what game it was from, now I want to share it because I like the tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a2ENyUfo_8

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that's the music that played during the part of the game I loved, I'm shooting little devils with my angel baby in my mind rn

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I’m going to play Atelier Ayesha on PC for my first Atelier game. Forums poster Cube Theory had me listen to the final boss song and it slaps so hard

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want to get back into Atelier games. I played and enjoyed Ayesha but I think trying to binge them might have been a mistake at the time because I burned out halfway through Escha & Logy despite actually liking it better than Ayesha. I want to jump back in and play Shallie as well so I can play the whole Dusk trilogy because it's very much my kind of fantasy setting and I want to see the returning characters in Shallie too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also lmao, a dude who does mods for Sonic Robo Blast 2/Kart got outed as a pedophile and his defense was "no it was a ghost"

https://twitter.com/yungsnaku/status/1369068133231820801

e: this is a couple of days old so my apologies if it already came up in the thread

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gearing up for some spicy miso ramen later in the week, made some miso soup

This was relatively simple! The soup was 3/4 cup of water plus 1/4 cup of the fish/chicken stock I had left over from jambalaya, with some hondashi powder. Brought to a boil with a few shrimp, added chopped bok choy, then after a few minutes put it to low and added 18 grams of red miso (I followed the recommendations to press it through a strainer to catch the grit). Topped with some green onion and a piece of nori, had it with some supermarket sushi

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mario odyssey gets here tomorrow and I will then commence to playing my first ever 3d mario game

i'm excited

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

wuggles posted:

I’m going to play Atelier Ayesha on PC for my first Atelier game. Forums poster Cube Theory had me listen to the final boss song and it slaps so hard

I looked up that final boss theme to refresh my memory and yeah it's loving great. It's amazing in context too because the melody is a recurring theme throughout the game, so you get that really great "main theme plays for the finale" feeling that I always love.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Don't play with my feelings like this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm waiting for the updated Simpsons beat em up

If it happens it will probably be a monkeys paw thing based on developments from Season 30 though

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

Also lmao, a dude who does mods for Sonic Robo Blast 2/Kart got outed as a pedophile and his defense was "no it was a ghost"

e: this is a couple of days old so my apologies if it already came up in the thread

I saw this and I laughed so hard I almost cried

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

This is the first time I'm seeing it at least and I can't stop laughing at how stupid this is.

"Possession...by a pedo spirit"

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

mario odyssey gets here tomorrow and I will then commence to playing my first ever 3d mario game

i'm excited

It's a truly fantastic game and I hope you have a wonderful time with it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

wuggles posted:

you'll hear a remix of that theme within ten minutes of booting the game

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
You'll be able to tell when he is possessed if he signs off on his posts as SSG3 or as pedo ghost, that's the simplest way to know

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

It's a truly fantastic game and I hope you have a wonderful time with it.

but will it be better than crash 1? mmm.... jury's still out....

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Happy MAR10 Day, here's a 1-bit image of "Ray Koopa"

Edit:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 11, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ray’s our bae

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

Meanwhile, while Square was worrying about Final Fantasy games being too hard for stupid Americans on the SNES, an Enix-published game around the same time called The 7th Saga was made harder for the North American release, to the point that it's one of the most notoriously difficult (to the point of being unfair) RPGs of the era.

I'd love to play a version with the original balance because that game has some really cool and unique ideas, but the difficulty is wildly overtuned in the North American version.

There's a romhack you can get that restores the monster and character stats to their original values, if you're curious.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Post the mario jalopy and the mario motorcycle

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
okay we beat Valheim, whats another cool co-op game just like this but even better or more complete?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

okay we beat Valheim, whats another cool co-op game just like this but even better or more complete?

7 Days to Die.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Post the mario jalopy and the mario motorcycle

Edit: btw these are from the Super Mario Bros. Print World software (available on archive.org, also I started following this trail because of Supper Mario Broth's post about it) if you want to make someone a birthday card where mario cooks
Edit 2:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 11, 2021

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s an evil-looking Chef Mario, and not in the fun Wario way

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Harrow posted:

a quick google shows that there is a rebalanced english romhack, but apparently it has some issues.

e:b

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1369931680132239361

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cardiovorax posted:

I've been playing Ryza 1 for the last two days and while all the characters show plenty of skin (male and female both) I wouldn't say it's a horny game. It has some very enthusiastic jiggle physics, but that's about as much as I've noticed ten hours or so into the game so far.

cheetah7071 posted:

honestly at this point it's so industry standard that having jiggle isn't a sign of horn, it's a sign of being a video game

Cultivation theory in action

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please do not blame me for my bad posts I am just being possessed by ghosts. Only my good posts are being written by me. You can tell when I am possessed by ghosts because those are the posts you don't like

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I just beat the Lost Sinner and the summon Sellsword Luet who just wields two massive shields owns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK I finished one act of Loop Hero, I think it's starting to grow on me

Jay Rust posted:

That’s an evil-looking Chef Mario, and not in the fun Wario way

Well yeah, I mean he's tossing spaghetti, who does that

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bovis posted:

I just beat the Lost Sinner and the summon Sellsword Luet who just wields two massive shields owns

Yes!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

fridge corn posted:

Cultivation theory in action

yes we're talking about video games, it's unsurprising that we're using video games as the basis of comparison. Especially when the conversation was kicked off with "ryza got hornier in its sequel", which is inherently comparative within video games. At no point was anyone even making any claims about the real world, which is what cultivation theory is about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

huge titty