Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/m20x1p/6000_days_ago_today_the_twins_won_a_playoff_game/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the perfect snipe

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Rangers are going to have a full crowd in attendance on opening day lmao

https://twitter.com/threetwoeephus/status/1369718737671237634?s=21

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

The Rangers are going to have a full crowd in attendance on opening day lmao

https://twitter.com/threetwoeephus/status/1369718737671237634?s=21

Might as well, the 20% capacity poo poo other places are doing is just theater. There is no way to meaningfully distance at a stadium when everyone stacks up at the metal detectors or the pisser.

I miss baseball but I’m not stepping foot in a stadium this year.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There's a pretty big difference between 20% capacity and %100 capacity as far as the ability to distance people. 20% isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than a full stadium.

Apr 7, 2003

When you’re packing in line with 5,000 other guys to get in, use the restrooms, or hit concessions it doesn’t really matter how distanced your seats are though. That’s just theater what with the usual chokepoints.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

When you’re packing in line with 5,000 other guys to get in, use the restrooms, or hit concessions it doesn’t really matter how distanced your seats are though. That’s just theater what with the usual chokepoints.

I went to a Knicks game recently and (while it was only 2,000 fans) I literally did not see another person while getting beer and going to the bathroom multiple times.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I am definitely going to a game this year once i am properly vaxxed up. Probably not before the ASB tho.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
From the Cubs promotional video about the guidelines, each ticket will be assigned a specific entry gate, concession stand, restroom, etc., and the concessions will have mobile ordering in order to not have as long of a line. I also noticed some zip-tied seats so maybe that’ll be in use as well.

Apr 7, 2003

I’m vaxed and I’ll be watching from my couch, there’s just too much poo poo going on with variants that we don’t know and I don’t trust other people. The Pens had to throw out seventeen people last Thursday who made the game into an anti mask statement and those people paid over $300 to get in.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

bewbies posted:

yeah i'm not sure what to do either

20 year old who runs bases like this

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1367909194175815681

and hits baseballs like this (turn sound up)

https://twitter.com/alec_lewis/status/1369062311785209859

plus he has a good glove and elite arm at SS? I dunno man, he's going to get hit by a falling satellite or something probably

The 2 best sounds in sports are a well hit HR, and a well hit strike in bowling. Both are sounds where you know whats happened just hearing it.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 10, 2021

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Reducing attendance also lowers the number of people exposed when someone inevitably spreads the virus. 1 in 800 Texans is currently asymptomatically contagious with covid-19. At full capacity there's going to be a case in every section, probably eating a hot dog, putting everyone within 15 feet of them at risk. 6 feet isn't a magic protective number.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm not attending any baseball games but 20% seems at least theoretically manageable. Its a bad idea I would discourage everyone from but I could buy its someone trying. 100% is just not giving a single poo poo if people live or die.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
20% seems reasonable outside. 100% is just "gently caress you libs COVID is a fake hoax"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, I should clarify that when I say I'm gonna go to a game I'm talking about going to a Mets game and not until a lot higher percentage of the population has been vaxxed, and that I expect capacity to still be reduced and masks mandatory. I would not, for instance, go to opening day in Texas even if I was a month past my vaccine shot.

Apr 7, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm not attending any baseball games but 20% seems at least theoretically manageable. Its a bad idea I would discourage everyone from but I could buy its someone trying. 100% is just not giving a single poo poo if people live or die.

I mean, that’s the official stated policy of Texas’s government. A bunch of them froze to death and Rick Perry said they should be happy about that. Mass stadium death is just icing on the cake.

If you go to an event until we’ve got a critical mass of people vaccinated you're just flirting with disaster.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I suppose I better get a loving resident parking sticker this year if the Cubs are letting real (temporarily) living people inside.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
just lol

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1369806294694191106

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I like baseball. I don't like people dying, I tell you hwat.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've been to enough weekday Mariner games where there are only 10k or so people and that's still a lot of people. I can't imagine that stadiums are going to hard block movement around the building, given how most every stadium has special food, drinks or merch only available at a single location and everything is happening for money.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I would be fine going to a game once vaxxed up and it was limited seating.

I think the Mariners are the only team that hasn't announced seating plans yet, which sounds like is more based on King County / City of Seattle stuff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

I would be fine going to a game once vaxxed up and it was limited seating.

I think the Mariners are the only team that hasn't announced seating plans yet, which sounds like is more based on King County / City of Seattle stuff.

I don't think I've seen anything from the twins yet either

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I like how normally you can at least tell its a baseball leaving a bat instead of a white death laser surgically vaporizing someone far beyond the LF wall.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/6News/status/1369785204055941124

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Do former Yankees just love making stupid descicions in every state, or just Florida?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Why do we call him a former Yankee? Why not former Royal (most total games)or Red Sox (that is how I remember most)? He played for 3 other teams after the Yankees. Hell the last team he played for was Cleveland.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

habeasdorkus posted:

I am definitely going to a game this year once i am properly vaxxed up. Probably not before the ASB tho.

Friendly bit of vaccine news: keep an eye out. Missed appointments are common and they give shots out to anyone to avoid them expiring. A local shot shack might even have a call in list for no shows. It's not immoral since that jab needs to go in an arm immediately else it goes in the trash. Places all across the country (especially the chudlands) are moving up the rollout groups because of huge drops in demand.

Idaho, for example, opens up 44+ next week I believe. This week was basically anyone with a job involving being around customers or manufacturing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ScottyJSno posted:

Why do we call him a former Yankee? Why not former Royal (most total games)or Red Sox (that is how I remember most)? He played for 3 other teams after the Yankees. Hell the last team he played for was Cleveland.

WATE 6 is a Tennessee TV channel, too. Odd.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Friendly bit of vaccine news: keep an eye out. Missed appointments are common and they give shots out to anyone to avoid them expiring. A local shot shack might even have a call in list for no shows. It's not immoral since that jab needs to go in an arm immediately else it goes in the trash. Places all across the country (especially the chudlands) are moving up the rollout groups because of huge drops in demand.

Idaho, for example, opens up 44+ next week I believe. This week was basically anyone with a job involving being around customers or manufacturing.

I’m already fully vaccinated (yay hospital work... :negative:) but here in Illinois, they’re giving shots to anyone over the age of 65, those with chronic health issues (diabetics, immune compromised, etc.) , and anyone working in food service, manufacturing, etc (basically if you’re an “essential worker.”)

It’s drat near impossible to get one in Chicago, but the state National Guard has a mass vaccination center at the state fairgrounds and they’ll take any Illinois resident though will take priority for those who qualify for the current phase. I believe they’re opening a 2nd location over at the United Center in Chicago.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Miz Kriss posted:

I’m already fully vaccinated (yay hospital work... :negative:) but here in Illinois, they’re giving shots to anyone over the age of 65, those with chronic health issues (diabetics, immune compromised, etc.) , and anyone working in food service, manufacturing, etc (basically if you’re an “essential worker.”)

It’s drat near impossible to get one in Chicago, but the state National Guard has a mass vaccination center at the state fairgrounds and they’ll take any Illinois resident though will take priority for those who qualify for the current phase. I believe they’re opening a 2nd location over at the United Center in Chicago.

The UC one is rolling with 1B+ as of a couple days ago, which is sweet.

Apr 7, 2003

Miz Kriss posted:

There's just way too much we don't know about variants and whether the current vaccines are efficacious about them. I'm fully vaccinated and my wife's second dose is later this month, but I'll let other people be guinea pigs for this poo poo.

One of my friends who grew up a Brave's fan and used to go to the park with me when they were in town died from this in August, don't tempt fate if you can avoid it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Yeah but have you considered OPEN ‘ER UP?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Oh yeah, I may be fully vaccinated, but I still wear my mask whenever I leave my apartment. I also kinda like wearing the paper masks, tbh... :confuoot:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
N:
https://twitter.com/betsyhelfand/status/1370052545004118017

V: :psyduck:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gotta trim that gristle.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hard to resist lunch at the Trump Hotel.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
did he order his steak triple-well done or something

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
They're leaving out that he actually ran into a wall well eating a steak.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"No you idiot, I said you should eat a steak, not a stake!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Glad to see buxton is already in midseason form