Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

It was always going to be a large piece of legislation because that poo poo is all tied up in the national budget.

Anyway...

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1369247862215876609

lol
lol god drat them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1369746538734436357
lol the child checks won't come until summer, on a slow meek monthly rollout, awesome stuff this bill is

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
kiddo, champ, chief

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol pissing money away cool

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
We should get a grant for the COVID thread

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Vim Fuego posted:

Trevor Noah and Biden have a lot in common, like problematic behavior towards miners
:discourse:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
every single one of those replies in the pawffice account is in earnest and positive fuuuuuuuuck

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Tzen posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1369746538734436357
lol the child checks won't come until summer, on a slow meek monthly rollout, awesome stuff this bill is

i am pretty sure you have to know about that and ask for it to be refunded to you. otherwise you are poo poo out of luck

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol i absolutely hate and love this account at the same time how is it possible kill me please i loving hate the dems i knew he was succ but still it sucks to see it all happen in real time :negative:

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Her defection to the status quo went exactly as everyone anticipated

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:cawg:

i'm all caught up with this thread and holy gently caress do i hate the democrats. holy god drat gently caress

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Tzen posted:

:cawg:

i'm all caught up with this thread and holy gently caress do i hate the democrats. holy god drat gently caress

this is the one that got me today

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1369834567411109891

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao that not even two months into biden's presidency & they're already lubing us with "the president not talking off the cuff is good, actually" and "kamala's waiting in the wings as his understudy."

She didn't get ANY VOTES! NONE (ok one, thanks spiderman)

Why not crown someone popular? fuuuck the democrats are so bad at politics

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SECFUDGE

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
they're actually quite good at politics once you understand who their friends and enemies are

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Stringent posted:

they're actually quite good at politics once you understand who their friends and enemies are

that was bernie's fatal mistake in the primaries, thinking the democrat party was bad at politics and disorganized

turns out no, they were really organized, they just don't give a gently caress about you and will crush you

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I remember liberals being mad when Glenn Greenwald mentioned that the Democrats see the "immigration problem" as a problem as well like the Republicans.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/HredTxp/status/1369802929629257736

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kamala is like 5 points worse than a replacement level Democrat so of course she's the new Hillary.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just pay people to get vaccinated you DUMB FUCKS

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Vox Nihili posted:

Just pay people to get vaccinated you DUMB FUCKS

No my son needs to pad his resume, so how about we instead pay him to tell people to get vaccinated?

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marsha Fudgepacker

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Simp4 Fudge

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

love to see this and know the faircloth limit will never get raised. the us hasnt built additional public housing since 1999 lmaooo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
ACCESS to quality, AFFORDABLE housing

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

No my son needs to pad his resume, so how about we instead pay him to tell people to get vaccinated?

That would still be infinitely more efficient and straightforward than what's being proposed. Wheeeee most progressive pursdent

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

thats a disingenuous face

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

ACCESS to quality, AFFORDABLE housing
EXPANDED HOUSING COUNSELING
ACCESS to FORECLOSURE AVOIDANCE COUNSELORS
NEW INVESTMENTS in OPPORTUNITY ZONES

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
every single facet of kamala harris' personality is manufactured to climb the ladder, like its very obvious if you arent one yourself i think

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bootleg Trunks posted:

thats a disingenuous face

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
I think the funniest thing Kamala ever said was when she panicked after being asked what Indian food she grew up eating and listed two basic things you can get at any indian restaurant

Uhhh dahl, lots of dahl

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Me: Kamala what video games did you grow up playing?

Kamala: Uhhh Pong lots of Pong. Luigi's Mansion, Gradius.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

jindalfication process... 50% complete

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
2pac

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, if it isn't glaringly obvious already, it seems any significant changes that Biden is making is generally aimed at competition with China. I would say the Child Tax credit itself was largely spurred in part by the act that the US' fertility rate has dropped significantly and its their way of addressing it.

The New Frontier's act is aimed at the fact that China is rapidly catching up technologically and will probably be able to independently produce most of what it needs in the next 10 years.

A $15 minimum wage/MedicareforAll though isn't on the menu even though both could arguably make the US more competitive in the long-run.

(Also, Obamacare just makes insurance companies so much cash, there is no way they would back away from it.)

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 12:02 on Mar 11, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

every single facet of kamala harris' personality is manufactured to climb the ladder, like its very obvious if you arent one yourself i think

i knew she was a rat even from the beginning of her senate race in 2016

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, if it isn't glaringly obvious already, it seems any significant changes that Biden is making is generally aimed at competition with China. I would say the Child Tax credit itself was largely spurred in part by the act that the US' fertility rate has dropped significantly and its their way of addressing it.

The New Frontier's act is aimed at the fact that China is rapidly catching up technologically and will probably be able to independently produce most of what it needs in the next 10 years.

A $15 minimum wage/MedicareforAll though isn't on the menu even though both could arguably make the US more competitive in the long-run.

(Also, Obamacare just makes insurance companies so much cash, there is no way they would back away from it.)

The virgin tax credits and incentives for private investment vs the chad 5 Year Plans

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Bideo James posted:

I think the funniest thing Kamala ever said was when she panicked after being asked what Indian food she grew up eating and listed two basic things you can get at any indian restaurant

Uhhh dahl, lots of dahl

Bideo James posted:

Me: Kamala what video games did you grow up playing?

Kamala: Uhhh Pong lots of Pong. Luigi's Mansion, Gradius.

"hehehehehe ... Tupac"

https://twitter.com/CafeteriaJangle/status/1369553797140340736

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Substandard posted:

We should get a grant for the COVID thread

Citing the brooklyn dad precident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003