Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Don't forget 205 Live

Too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So I know Stardom is a scummy company & all, but that Budokan show is one of the best shows I've seen this year. Only things I've seen that compare are Night 2 of Wrestle Kingdom & DDT Kawasaki Strong.

Oh, thing I've been meaning to ask: what happened with Assemble? Obviously launching when they did was incredibly bad luck, but closing up after the "4th" show instead of just going on hold until things are back to normal seems a strange choice.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 8, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Speaking of Assemble, I'm currently watching the last one and sometimes you really got to suspend your disbelief in Joshi a lot more than other stuff. I'm watching Chihiro Hashimoto in the ring with a 14 year old.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Stall_19 posted:

Speaking of Assemble, I'm currently watching the last one and sometimes you really got to suspend your disbelief in Joshi a lot more than other stuff. I'm watching Chihiro Hashimoto in the ring with a 14 year old.
That's not Joshi exclusive, it's not even that common in Joshi.

But I mean, if you're going there...

https://twitter.com/JoshiPuro/status/841468236357070852?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Assemble was fun but the production needs a lot of work. They completely missed an all time meltdown from Mio Momono.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

Oh, thing I've been meaning to ask: what happened with Assemble? Obviously launching when they did was incredibly bad luck, but closing up after the "4th" show instead of just going on hold until things are back to normal seems a strange choice.

Didn't know they were closing (and sad to hear it), but wasn't Assemble always meant to be a way to bolster joshi wrestling through the pandemic? Maybe they see the vaccinations coming nearer and they think "Our work here is done."

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Power Windows posted:

Didn't know they were closing (and sad to hear it), but wasn't Assemble always meant to be a way to bolster joshi wrestling through the pandemic? Maybe they see the vaccinations coming nearer and they think "Our work here is done."

This is pretty much it, yeah. Hokuto said that even when they started, they intended to wrap it up when vaccines were on the way.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yoshiko is taking three more months off to rehab her nagging back injury that took her out of action in February so I assume she came back just to work the Budokan show. She's vacated the Beyond the SEA Championship.

Asuka/VENY and Rina Yamashita had title matches lined up so they're facing off for the vacant belt at their 3.17 Korakuen show. Not sure who to win because they're both real cool.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Stall_19 posted:

Not gotten to Assemble yet but I'm pretty sure I know how this goes: Kanon tags in, attacks Hashimoto with a load of drop kicks and succeeds in keeping her at bay if nothing else, she goes for a bodyslam but doesn't get close to completing it which leads to Hashimoto dominating for a bit before someone tags out and then later on Kanon might successfully get a two count with a cradle or something similar. Its not like you are talking about them going 50/50 or whatever: there's a clear hierarchy and while it might be more realistic for her to simply win in 30 seconds I don't think it takes a whole lot of buy-in to get why that doesn't happen. Its not like we are talking about Ice Ribbon who in their history have given major pushes to teenagers (Suzu Suzuki most recently; probably the most extreme example was Riho who was their Top Champion when she was 12; the year before she was the first Triangle Ribbon champion beating Nanae Takahashi and Tsukasa Fujimoto - who admittedly was still very recently in wrestling at the top so that might sound bigger than it actually was): while Kanon got an early win over one of their other rookies she's very clearly a rookie and basically gets nothing against the veterans.

I'd also argue that its no worse from a suspension of disbelief perspective than New Japan letting Tomoaki Honma or some of their other older wrestlers that have appeared to be in pretty rough shape to carry on wrestling.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

But surely you watch NXT UK?

Legitimately the best wrestling show going these days. :colbert:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I cannot believe a) that being true or b) anyone earnestly believing that.

So please elaborate.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

karmicknight posted:

I cannot believe a) that being true or b) anyone earnestly believing that.

So please elaborate.

I do feel that way. First the qualifier of "show" being by my definition a regularly scheduled weekly program that's readily available. It's pretty simple, most wrestling product today is relentlessly embarrassing and I place NXT UK at the bottom of that totem. Solid production, good and young talent, great matches, and doesn't overstay its welcome. I'm not familiar yet with NJPW's weekly but all the same, to keep succinct, it's a small show with a larger feel and mostly resembles real wrestling.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

thanks, never gonna be able to forget this

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

cvnvcnv posted:

I do feel that way. First the qualifier of "show" being by my definition a regularly scheduled weekly program that's readily available. It's pretty simple, most wrestling product today is relentlessly embarrassing and I place NXT UK at the bottom of that totem. Solid production, good and young talent, great matches, and doesn't overstay its welcome. I'm not familiar yet with NJPW's weekly but all the same, to keep succinct, it's a small show with a larger feel and mostly resembles real wrestling.

so it only counts if its American-style television wrestling then

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

so it only counts if its American-style television wrestling then

Does AEW not count here cause you can't easily watch it in the UK?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Does AEW not count here cause you can't easily watch it in the UK?

Anyone with Freeview can watch AEW as long as they don't mind waiting until Friday.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

FITE TV MOTHERFUCKERS

i have no idea what we're arguing about

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1369185829948518402

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I hope this somehow results in Mayu taking bumps in Ichigaya that make Emi absolutely furious

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not sure if Stardom are doing an Emi/Momo match or if Emi saw Nanae going over Momo and decided she also wants to get a win over Momo.

They did a press conference for Rina Yamashita vs Asuka and they both explained their reasons for wanting the belt. Rina gave a heartfelt speech about how Yoshiko had carried the belt with pride and made it important and she wanted to continue that legacy. Asuka said the belt looks French and would match her style.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MomoPencil is where this needs to go

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
MayuPencil would be even better.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pencil is the final form of all Joshi.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Lamuella posted:

Pencil is the final form of all Joshi.

All joshi and minoru fujita, that is

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Probably good advice for starting DDT and TJPW

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1369735677689012225

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

MomoPencil is where this needs to go

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Neodoomium posted:

BigMamiPencil is where this needs to go

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Neodoomium posted:

Pencil El Zero M is where this needs to go

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

:hmmyes:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, ok, this is it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

PAC = Pencil And Case

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can you fine folks please point me towards some good Nao Kakuta matches? When I was looking at the Max Heart finals card she was the only person that made me think 'I have no idea who this person is', despite her being on a bunch of cards this year I know i've seen. She has made no impression on me in the two months i've been following TJPW, is it the same for anyone else?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is there an updated version of the OP somewhere in the thread? The current one only talks about NXT and Stardom

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Seams posted:

Is there an updated version of the OP somewhere in the thread? The current one only talks about NXT and Stardom

If you think that's good, see how old the puro thread is. Lemme quote one of the first posts in it

"New Japan was at the Tokyo Dome for the last time (ever?), drawing a half-full house with probably a ton of free ticket giveaways. Main event was Lesnar retaining the IWGP title over Nakamura, meaning that Brock and NJ feel secure in the current legal wranglings. Other results included Shibata over Tanahashi, Chono & Tenzan retaining the tag titles over Omori & Koshinaka, and Albert/A-Train beating Nakanishi."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't believe they thought it was good

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Seams posted:

we could make a new one if someone wants to write an OP

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i don't generally watch tjp but i'd be willing to do a stardom version of my new japan thread if people want. i understand that most may prefer the thread to stay combined tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Hana Kimura memorial show tickets went on sale at midnight and sold out before 9am