Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

cheetah7071 posted:

yes we're talking about video games, it's unsurprising that we're using video games as the basis of comparison. Especially when the conversation was kicked off with "ryza got hornier in its sequel", which is inherently comparative within video games. At no point was anyone even making any claims about the real world, which is what cultivation theory is about

You post in which you nonchalantly handwave away blatant sexism in video games however does exist in the real world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Harrow posted:

I would both read and post clueless questions in a beat-em-up thread

I'm going to :toxx: - I'll make a general beat 'em up thread within the next 3 days. There's been cool modern stuff people should check out and a lot of the classic games are getting more accessible and more people should try out beat 'em ups imho. I've said a few times I'd like to see a beat 'em up thread so this is to light a fire under my rear end and get me to do it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gearing up for some spicy miso ramen later in the week, made some miso soup

This was relatively simple! The soup was 3/4 cup of water plus 1/4 cup of the fish/chicken stock I had left over from jambalaya, with some hondashi powder. Brought to a boil with a few shrimp, added chopped bok choy, then after a few minutes put it to low and added 18 grams of red miso (I followed the recommendations to press it through a strainer to catch the grit). Topped with some green onion and a piece of nori, had it with some supermarket sushi

how much XP did you get

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cooking doesn't give XP, you just get stat buffs from recipes

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

fridge corn posted:

Cultivation theory in action

how dare video games spread the insidious message that titties are cool

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
i think it's fine for character designs to be horny. who cares. anyway the alchemy system in ryza was cool and im looking forward to seeing how 2 builds on it when i play it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Aw yeah bloons update. It's a good day.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VG's next avatar

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

goblin week posted:

how dare video games spread the insidious message that titties are cool

I think that's the game that's all about the thighs iirc

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i looked up atelier ryza 2 and like. is there a way hornier character that everyone is talking about because this seems exceedingly tame for the level of pearl-clutching it's inspired

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the insidiously sexist game series, that has a majority woman player base. tricksy gust

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Ryza herself is actually one of the more skimpily-dressed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's this one OP.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Mmm nipple pouches...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

It's this one OP.

Ah, the next smash character

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm the exceedingly high thigh and shoulder specular coefficient

Weedle
May 31, 2006

psychoJ posted:

i think it's fine for character designs to be horny. who cares.

yeah. not every game needs ladies with big oily cans or anything but i think artists should be able to put sexy stuff in games with age appropriate audiences without everyone flipping out about it

exquisite tea posted:

It's this one OP.

also completely fine and weird to complain about, imo. it's not inherently sexist to have hot characters in your game. if this lady is some bimbo laughingstock whose big boobs are constantly making her gently caress things up, or if other characters make demeaning comments about her appearance, then that would be pretty lovely. but there's nothing objectionable about the simple fact that a character is conventionally attractive

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That looks like a pretty uncomfortable top to wear

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Probably wouldn't be a lot of fun to jog around in that thing unless you enjoy crippling back pain

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Weedle posted:

also completely fine and weird to complain about, imo. it's not inherently sexist to have hot characters in your game. if this lady is some bimbo laughingstock whose big boobs are constantly making her gently caress things up, or if other characters make demeaning comments about her appearance, then that would be pretty lovely. but there's nothing objectionable about the simple fact that a character is conventionally attractive
She's a bodyguard and career mercenary who kicks everyone's asses into vague competence at surviving a fight. The character is portrayed as calm and professional.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Someone post the bunny thing from the nintendo game.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

It's this one OP.

Why are her boobs so massive?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Why are her boobs so massive?

because it's made for a very silly audience

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
where's my bingo card...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Weedle posted:

i looked up atelier ryza 2 and like. is there a way hornier character that everyone is talking about because this seems exceedingly tame for the level of pearl-clutching it's inspired

First of all NSFW that poo poo. I got a freakin probe for sharing a wholesome image of a perfectly natural, god-blessed phenomena-- and here you you are, dumping an image of the more sinful sex, depicted in the most sinful art form, feautring the most sinful sexy body part, the area where a thick thigh meets a tight slightly constricting material.

how bout next time you think of hunting 4 smut, you try thinking about What Would JC Denton Do?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Cultivation theory in action

that's not what cultivation theory is btw. cultivation theory in action would be someone playing so many anime babe games that they begin to expect real people to look and act like anime babes

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

First of all NSFW that poo poo. I got a freakin probe for sharing a wholesome image of a perfectly natural, god-blessed phenomena-- and here you you are, dumping an image of the more sinful sex, depicted in the most sinful art form, feautring the most sinful sexy body part, the area where a thick thigh meets a tight slightly constricting material.

how bout next time you think of hunting 4 smut, you try thinking about What Would JC Denton Do?

JC had been chosen for UNATCO’s prototype super-soldier program thanks to his stunning physique, and his cock was no exception. The shaft sprung as JC’s jumpsuit fell around his ankles. It hummed softly as the electrical impulses keeping it erect coursed up and down its length.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Weedle posted:

that's not what cultivation theory is btw. cultivation theory in action would be someone playing so many anime babe games that they begin to expect real people to look and act like anime babes

to be fair people are looking more and more like anime babes, theres a k-pop group thats basically the cast of sailor moon IRL

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

This is why I stick to games about war crimes, just to be safe

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Khanstant posted:

I think you should unleash your frustrations on another wonderful piece of art. :) (No cloacas, though, please.)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I think you should unleash your frustrations on another wonderful piece of art. :) (No cloacas, though, please.)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Saint Freak posted:

Someone post the bunny thing from the nintendo game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
who would win in a fight:

A Dragon Quest Slime or an Atelier Puni

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
sir, the government voted to de-sexy that rabbit, where did you get this contraband?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Khanstant posted:

sir, the government voted to de-sexy that rabbit, where did you get this contraband?

from my dark web dr seuss racism hookup, where else

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Weedle posted:

We've long since arrived there as a society.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'm not racist but seriously gently caress any S**th-Going Zax. The way to go is North and that's all there is to say on the matter.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
At least we can all agree eating bread butter-side down is super hosed up.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

We've long since arrived there as a society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Saint Freak posted:

At least we can all agree eating bread butter-side down is super hosed up.

What if you cover the butter in sprinkles first