Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'll always remember Hank's face after eating that organic steak from the co-op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLqzGrq8T0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a hippie. I'm naked because I smoked all my clothes

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

xtal posted:

I'm a hippie. I'm naked because I smoked all my clothes

It's a valid problem

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I both really love and also kinda dislike that co-op episode.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's great because the best parts are true. it's hard to watch because the sad parts are also true

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

I both really love and also kinda dislike that co-op episode.

It’s a gem of the later seasons.

“Tassels Hank, tassels

It does get a bit silly in the third act when Hank thinks he going to have 50 head of steer on his back yard.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think we need to say grace again.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hanks dream from the food truck episode is probably my favorite late season moment

"Tom Landry?? What are you doing?"

"We're liberating Europe from the Nazis, Hank."

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

“And you broke all the rules with your revolutionary defense!”

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what was tom landrys revolutionary defense

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

what was tom landrys revolutionary defense

tom landrys wikipedia posted:

When he came to Dallas, Landry refined the 4-3 even further, specifically to counter Lombardi's "run to daylight" strategy. Lombardi's offense was built around sending the running back through any open space, rather than a specific assigned hole. Landry reasoned that the best counter was a defense that blotted out the daylight.[11] The result was the "Flex Defense," which assigned the defenders specific areas of the field to cover. When Landry first implemented it in 1964, fans were initially mystified when they saw the Cowboys defense not swarming to the ball. However, the skeptics were won over when ball carriers invariably ran right into the arms of one of Landry's defenders.[12] The Flex Defense worked so well that Landry had to create an offense to score on it, one which disguised an otherwise simple play with multiple formations.[13]

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

aka just how rugby is played anyway

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder how Hank Hill would feel about Jerry Jones

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The MTV won’t put on a video about a man who requires shoes in the kitchen.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

bobjr posted:

either exactly the way he feels about buck (blind adoration) or the complete opposite despite buck being exactly like jerry jones

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

bobjr posted:

he'd realize jerry is the reason the cowboys never make it to the super bowl so utter contempt

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Hank would hate Jerry because he owns a natural gas company. Hank doesn't suffer bastard gasses.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A reboot would probably have Hank and Peggy working through retirement to raise Gracie, who turns 13 in the first new episode.

Lucky and Luanne were killed twelve years ago on a daily commute to Austin when their car was struck by an Amazon self-driving van going down the wrong side of the interstate. Gracie is set to inherit the entire 500 million dollar settlement on her twenty-first birthday. Hank and Peggy haven't told her in a misguided effort to raise her right and give her a 'normal' childhood.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As far as reboots go, it's not the worst idea.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

True, on paper... But not having Bobby being a kid voiced by Pamela Adlon is a hard no for me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He's one of those kids who grows up to sound like an adult woman

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's one of those kids who grows up to sound like an adult woman

would a non-binary bobby feel right or be overly revisionist?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Bobbie definitely gives low-key enby vibes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Dale overhears Bobby talking about being non-binary, and forms a theory that Bobby is some experimental government quantum-mechanical robot sent because Dale outsmarted all of those traditional robot designs they sent to spy on him

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Code Jockey posted:

Dale overhears Bobby talking about being non-binary, and forms a theory that Bobby is some experimental government quantum-mechanical robot sent because Dale outsmarted all of those traditional robot designs they sent to spy on him

lol

Mike Judge, hire this goon

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You really, really, really, really do not want mike judge to tackle that particular topic at this point in time

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The new series will incorporate a style that is the perfect marriage of squigglevision and rotoscopy. It will focus on an adult Joseph, who is a successful exterminator, and his Native American wife who is a conspiracy theorist who is obsessed with the weather. She's also having an affair with her extremely white hippie massage therapist. Their weiner kid ain't quite right and wants to grow up to make his fortune in musical comedy. No characters from original KOTH make an appearance, ever.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

True, on paper... But not having Bobby being a kid voiced by Pamela Adlon is a hard no for me.

Bobby has a condition where he never goes through puberty, and has stunted growth. Now the reboot is much grittier, luann and lucky died from a propane explosion, leaving hank unable to continue his dream of always selling propane and propane accessories. conny got addicted to adderall, and was kicked out of college her senior year, and is now shacked up with joseph (and their 4 kids). bill attempts suicide every episode. dale's delusions leave him unable to socially function. boomhauer had a stroke, sounds exactly the same, but the gang can't understand him now. it's dark, and depressing...

except for bobby who will be exactly the same as the original run.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Bobby has a kid that sounds like Bobby now.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Milo and POTUS posted:

You really, really, really, really do not want mike judge to tackle that particular topic at this point in time

Out of all the weird conservative takes the series has had, it's been surprisingly progressive on LGBTQ issues. I think they could do it tastefully.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
"Do you and your brother want to grab a beer?"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Out of all the weird conservative takes the series has had, it's been surprisingly progressive on LGBTQ issues. I think they could do it tastefully.

That was the old judge

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Bobby says "shim" to refer to a trans character in a very late episode.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

That good or bad? I can’t keep track anymore.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

"Do you and your brother want to grab a beer?"

TBF I think that was more Hank being clueless than homophobic.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

joshtothemaxx posted:

Bobby says "shim" to refer to a trans character in a very late episode.

They never had a trans character, are you talking about the drag queen?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5eRMgzB58

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Is it messed up if I read this as if hank was saying it and it totally worked

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Bobby joins the House of Edwards and won't stop clicking his tongue all the time.

Joseph gets caught up in 'untucked'-style politics.

Hank pulls a kinky boots and falls for the value of propane-powered high heels.

Peggy insists on competing in a drag show -- as a woman.

Bill judges.

Dale and Boomhauer show both tolerance and respect while simultaneously making Hank uncomfortable for no reason.

Fox if you need me I'm right over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Would need a "bwah??" At the start though for any ever doubting Mr. Landry