Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

bird cooch posted:

Still dying over and over. Pretty frustrated. I was hiding in the bushes trying to get my iron sight bolt action kills on scavs, some player started zapping me while I was relocating so I killed him, I let two players pass and then another one started shooting at me as I was trying to move to extract.

Killed him, and then got laser gunned buy some rear end in a top hat at the outskirts extract. I just want to extract I'm actively trying to avoid everybody.

Also still level one with Jager. That's kind of annoying.

Only thing I can say is that Outskirts extract is where I've been going to get PMC kills for SBIH and all the boltaction PMC kills.

So it's absolutely my last choice for an extract on woods if I actually want to get out without a fight. Buy the ZB-014 key if you don't have one. It's dirt cheap and a much safer extract when available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

How long are you in raids? Outside boss going mans I rarely see more then one pmc or hear more then 3. Youre somehow seeing like 3 just going for extract. Take 5 to learn some stashes before you go for the exit?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

How long are you in raids? Outside boss going mans I rarely see more then one pmc or hear more then 3. Youre somehow seeing like 3 just going for extract. Take 5 to learn some stashes before you go for the exit?

I think that most of my issue is that I'm running into teams a lot. There's a ton of folks just rushing the bosses. I'm not hurting for rubles or guns, but drat I cannot keep armor and backpacks. I'm hung up on some quests so I have to buy armor on the market for the most part, not that it seems to matter much.

I have three quests in dorms and four quests in factory. I spammed factory for a few hours yesterday and fed lovely kids in the killed killa 100 times tracksuit.

I'm still really jumpy on this game. It's a really long load up load in and then nothing for a long time.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

bird cooch posted:

I think that most of my issue is that I'm running into teams a lot. There's a ton of folks just rushing the bosses. I'm not hurting for rubles or guns, but drat I cannot keep armor and backpacks. I'm hung up on some quests so I have to buy armor on the market for the most part, not that it seems to matter much.

I have three quests in dorms and four quests in factory. I spammed factory for a few hours yesterday and fed lovely kids in the killed killa 100 times tracksuit.

I'm still really jumpy on this game. It's a really long load up load in and then nothing for a long time.

Personally I did all my factory poo poo with a group, and all the dorms poo poo with 15 minutes left in the raid at night. Ratty as gently caress but it works if you just want to get it done.

If you're totally against grouping and about to pull your hair out with factory, you can cheese it by setting your only server to the one with the highest queue times but still acceptable ping. Pick factory night. Bring cheapest NV or a flashlight, when you finally get matched after 10 minutes it'll probably just be you and one more guy. Hide for a few minutes and they'll gently caress off. Because you're in a dead server you are unlikely to get player scav spawns.

Unless of course you need factory PMC kills - in which case whole different story...

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
If you always avoid other players and any kind of combat to do everything eventually you'll just be a level 50 loot pinata

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

If you always avoid other players and any kind of combat to do everything eventually you'll just be a level 50 loot pinata

If all you have is LL1 traders and 300k and you just want to get quests done to get your hideout fixed up - avoiding combat is a viable approach.

Being a level 50 loot pinata is less frustrating when your hideout shits out nearly 3 mil of passive income a day with full trader access than it is at level 15 when you have to spread your cheeks for flea prices for decent gear.

There is no disadvantage to getting to high levels and quest completion with minimal combat. You can always gear up in disposable gear and go pick fights at level 40 just like you can at level 10 - except you won't give any fucks at all because not a single death will set you back anything.

Telling people who are struggling to pick fights all the way to 40 using their 100k kits vs 1.2m kits isn't going to help them get 'good' at pvp. It'll just get them slaughtered over and over.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FileNotFound posted:

Telling people who are struggling to pick fights all the way to 40 using their 100k kits vs 1.2m kits isn't going to help them get 'good' at pvp. It'll just get them slaughtered over and over.

And what are they going to do when they are all geared out and the only thing they practiced doing was hiding and wetting themselves for the first 20 minutes of a raid?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

And what are they going to do when they are all geared out and the only thing they practiced doing was hiding and wetting themselves for the first 20 minutes of a raid?

They can then learn to fight....and not give a gently caress about the gear because they are no longer at a point where it's tough to attain and losses are a setback.

You're acting like the game gets harder as you level.

It doesn't.

It gets easier.

MUCH easier.

Oh no I died...let me barter an M1 for some tea, an AACPC for some fabric and an X-14 mag for a gcounter and an altyn for a few pliers ...oh what a devastating loss...how unfortunate that my ratting hasn't prepared me for this tough hardcore pvp - oh wait - I don't give a gently caress because all I'm spending money on is more thicc cases....

Regardless of what you say, pvp in this game is easier when you have easy access to great gear at minimal cost - and you get that at higher level. This means that if you want to learn to pvp in tarkov, your best approach is to get to high level and LL4 trader with minimal pvp - and then seeking pvp out.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 10, 2021

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FileNotFound posted:

Regardless of what you say, pvp in this game is easier when you have easy access to great gear at minimal cost - and you get that at higher level. This means that if you want to learn to pvp in tarkov, your best approach is to get to high level and LL4 trader with minimal pvp - and then seeking pvp out.

if you have no spine i guess

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

if you have no spine i guess

Thank you again for your constructive feedback.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That is a lot of time to invest to pvp, if you don't pvp until you have level 4 merchants (as someone who has yet to get level 4 merchants.)

Just going for the bosses expecting to die but taking people with you will help with looting. Idk if taking a few more shots from scavs later in the wipe and having no recoil will really make up for that.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

That is a lot of time to invest to pvp, if you don't pvp until you have level 4 merchants (as someone who has yet to get level 4 merchants.)

Just going for the bosses expecting to die but taking people with you will help with looting. Idk if taking a few more shots from scavs later in the wipe and having no recoil will really make up for that.

I'm not saying don't pvp - hell you HAVE to just to get that that stage - but if you just want to get your quests done and there are 2 dudes in dorms picking that fight isn't necessarily the best approach.

My point is that if your quest does not require pvp, then it's far more effective to avoid fights when you can and there is no shame in that at all despite what the elitists say.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Tarkov is a PvP game though, the entire premise is shooting people to take their loot.

The average level in a game is like 25-30 anyway, it's not like every other player you're going to see is going to be a space marine. Especially on factory, where most of the time you're only going to see pistol/bolty guys

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mae posted:

Tarkov is a PvP game though, the entire premise is shooting people to take their loot.

The average level in a game is like 25-30 anyway, it's not like every other player you're going to see is going to be a space marine. Especially on factory, where most of the time you're only going to see pistol/bolty guys

bird cooch posted:

Still dying over and over. Pretty frustrated. I was hiding in the bushes trying to get my iron sight bolt action kills on scavs, some player started zapping me while I was relocating so I killed him, I let two players pass and then another one started shooting at me as I was trying to move to extract.

Killed him, and then got laser gunned buy some rear end in a top hat at the outskirts extract. I just want to extract I'm actively trying to avoid everybody.

Also still level one with Jager. That's kind of annoying.

So you sayin this guy should just go pvp more and he'll enjoy the game more because Tarkov is a pvp game right?

Come on dude.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

One day I decided to just learn how to PvP and actively started picking fights. I think it helped me a ton but I also won't begrudge people who choose to hang back and loot/rat it out because that's also a valid way to play the game.

I still die a ton but my survival rate stays pretty solid at 35% which I think is pretty decent. :v:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FileNotFound posted:

So you sayin this guy should just go pvp more and he'll enjoy the game more because Tarkov is a pvp game right?

Come on dude.

Are you really this dense or is this a gimmick? If this person goes and practices PVP then they will be able to compete with the people killing them. How do you think all the people who seemingly have no issue with the game play it?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

Are you really this dense or is this a gimmick? If this person goes and practices PVP then they will be able to compete with the people killing them. How do you think all the people who seemingly have no issue with the game play it?

Or they become even more frustrated and quit.

Do you for some bizzare reason think that I have an issue with the game?

If someone is frustrated by pvp - then maybe more pvp isn't the answer?

You seem to have a "beatings will continue until morale improves" mindset....

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FileNotFound posted:

Or they become even more frustrated and quit.

Do you for some bizzare reason think that I have an issue with the game?

If someone is frustrated by pvp - then maybe more pvp isn't the answer?

You seem to have a "beatings will continue until morale improves" mindset....

Wow you are truly a sad sack of poo poo. Apparently you've never heard of learning something and then practicing it to get better.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

Wow you are truly a sad sack of poo poo.

Thank you for this constructive feedback.

Why do you even post? You offered no help to someone struggling with the game and insulted the person who was trying to help over and over.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Cage Kicker posted:

Wow you are truly a sad sack of poo poo. Apparently you've never heard of learning something and then practicing it to get better.

Did you just unironically call someone a "sad sack of poo poo" for suggesting someone potentially frustrated with PvP to explore multiple different play styles until they find one that helps them enjoy a video game?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FileNotFound posted:

Thank you for this constructive feedback.

Why do you even post? You offered no help to someone struggling with the game and insulted the person who was trying to help over and over.

I'm arguing that you aren't helping at all, you're just making things worse by giving lovely advice

xanif posted:

Did you just unironically call someone a "sad sack of poo poo" for suggesting someone potentially frustrated with PvP to explore multiple different play styles until they find one that helps them enjoy a video game?

I unironically called someone a sad sack of poo poo because they will come up with every excuse in the world why they can't/won't practice PVP to get better at it yes

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Cage Kicker posted:

I unironically called someone a sad sack of poo poo because they will come up with every excuse in the world why they can't/won't practice PVP to get better at it yes

This is not even remotely in the same ballpark of the correct takeaway but ok.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
in a different take on the whole pvp thing:

I found using cheap equipment on factory was a great way to learn pvp, as well as sometimes get surprise gear the few times you end up coming out on top of everybody else. Ultimately though one of the things that helped me the most was watching people like Pestily and seeing how he uses the environment to get better positioning, which wins fights more than the guns half the time.

Spent most of this wipe avoiding combat until it was a quest to kill 7 usecs which I did on factory, and didn't start actively looking for fights until I felt comfortable, was well into level 30 and had a reliable source of income. At level 39 now and feeling comfortable that next wipe I can be more aggressive with my current knowledge, but fully understand why beginners would want to avoid fights to learn all of the myriad of mechanics the game has to offer. Also argue that fighting Scavs is just as valid as fighting PMC's when learning.

Tarkov is a looter shooter, and while PVP is inherent its not exclusively a PVP game. Hell you're not even supposed to shoot at people in your faction.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
In the open I do ok pvp. On woods or shoreline and on some of customs I take my pound of flesh. On factory I just don't play fast enough. My best bet is to 3rd party someone. I'm on the pistol kills and kill 6 players near the office. Not a great spot to fight. Counterstrike was a long time ago. If I can move around and get some space to fight its ok.

Just getting space lasered (face,eyes) while trying to leg someone to death is frustrating. Also helmets don't do jaaaaaack.

I don't mind losing fights because the other person was better than me. I totally had a clever girl moment on shoreline last night and I wasn't mad at all. that dude clapped me straight up. I just find the super high-end impossible bullets and armor stuff frustrating. So much of this game goes for realism and then you just have this fantastical Star Trek crap.

BONESTORM
Jan 27, 2009

Buy me Bonestorm or go to Hell!
I get where you’re coming from. I like this game, but the damage and armour system, while very detailed, has some unintended consequences that makes for some weird fights. Being able to essentially shrug off damage and heal back to full health if they don’t black out a body part encourages you to play like the Terminator against lesser equipped opponents.

I get that modern body armour can stop quite a bit, but if flesh damage can be negated with healing items (or surgery kits if you really took a beating) it’s not really very realistic. ARMA III with ACE mod is probably the best I’ve played in this regard. You can bandage yourself and use splints on fractures, but blood loss and it’s effects prevent you from simply patching yourself back up to 100% in record time, you can’t put the blood back in without a transfusion. The heavy bleed mechanic was a step in the right direction, but with enough healing items you can still walk away from taking multiple shots and be no worse for wear.

I think making the game more punishing in this regard would slow the game down too much in its current state, so I’m not sure what can be done about it without changing a bunch of other poo poo.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I enjoy the slow game. The sneaking and circling each other before a gunfight when you know you've each seen each other but you definitely both have something in your bag you want to get home. That's where the stakes are for me. I have a ton of keys but I am either not good enough or not armored enough to handle the hallway fights. So I don't usually get to use them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bird cooch posted:

I enjoy the slow game. The sneaking and circling each other before a gunfight when you know you've each seen each other but you definitely both have something in your bag you want to get home. That's where the stakes are for me. I have a ton of keys but I am either not good enough or not armored enough to handle the hallway fights. So I don't usually get to use them.

What kind of guns and bullets do you usually bring?

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

bird cooch posted:

What keys are you trying to use? I feel like the most popular locked rooms are very spawn-dependent - if you are too far away it's very risky to rush to the area only to be the second or third person in (let alone needing to traverse significant portions of the map).

Additionally, it can be difficult to solo take those rooms without a squadmate.

Out of curiosity - are you all just playing the same gun/ammo setup most runs? I have an inventory of random guns and I've been feeling like I want to just buy like 8-10 of a particular kit and run it for a while to see if I like it. The way my inventory is now, I simply grab whatever gun is on the top of the pile which means I end up jumping around a lot.

pocket pool fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 11, 2021

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

pocket pool posted:

What keys are you trying to use? I feel like the most popular locked rooms are very spawn-dependent - if you are too far away it's very risky to rush to the area only to be the second or third person in (let alone needing to traverse significant portions of the map).

Additionally, it can be difficult to solo take those rooms without a squadmate.

Out of curiosity - are you all just playing the same gun/ammo setup most runs? I have an inventory of random guns and I've been feeling like I want to just buy like 8-10 of a particular kit and run it for a while to see if I like it. The way my inventory is now, I simply grab whatever gun is on the top of the pile which means I end up jumping around a lot.

Inspector_666 posted:

What kind of guns and bullets do you usually bring?

Well for a hot minute there I was running shotguns but now it is generally AK variants although I have been playing with a VSS and Hunter on woods a bit. I have a fistful of AR and they are very in sitting in the bottom of my stash but I never seem to make it to them. I generally run good ammo bs bp whatever high pen stuff.

I also want to run some identical kits but I've been saving up for a while. I'm going to do some questing and then I'll see you about getting my money right.

There are a few folks that I play with but, only one of them has gotten past level 10 and this is everybody's first wipe so at best I can use them as a distraction/ablative armor and that's not fun for folks. I have both marked room keys for reserve but getting out of there still a bit of a struggle for me.

I have managed to upgrade my stash size get a bunch of cases and finally upgrade to the bravo container in the last week and that's been really nice.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

pocket pool posted:

It really depends on the stage of the game.

At first I was using whatever I could get my hands on. If I bought anything, it was the SKS to use up the gift ammo.

Then I was just running MP-153s because of how drat good they are vs scavs and players alike for the cost and returned on insurance.

Used a lot of bolt actions to get my skill up for the quests. I actually did SBIH entirely using bolt action because I needed the skillups. Finished the last tarkov shooter quest last night with a fully kitted M700 - and then died and was happy to lose it because I never want to use bolt action again...

Used random non FIR guns that I'd get from kills just to try them out. Vendoring a ~400k M4 for 100k just feels wrong - so I used them till they got lost.

I used a .366 Vepr AKM a lot for all the scav killing quests - dirt cheap, AP ammo 1 taps scavs, comes back from insurance, stick the NcStar ADO P4 on it and it's a can do anything rifle. Both that gun and scope are not popular and both sell on flea less than vendors.

At this point, I run the same two kits over and over. It's either a kitted M1A with 50 round drum or a Saiga with a 20 round drum of flechettes, AACPC barter for armor or slick, altyn or an exfil depending on if I care about hearing. I can barter for most of the high end gear so running it is fairly cheap. It's certainly not a kit I'd be running 3 weeks ago.

A lot of the meta guns just don't click for me, vector, m4, KS-23, I just don't like the feel and gameplay with those guns. It took me quite a while to settle on the M1A as my primary weapon and really that gun didn't feel good for me without the 50 round drum that lets you spray M61 rounds without a care...and that drum wouldn't have been viable until the barter for it got unlocked.

I do think trying different guns is important, but at a certain point you will probably settle on a kit that clicks for you and run it over and over. I don't see myself going back to MP-153, or M4s, or whatever.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

bird cooch posted:

Well for a hot minute there I was running shotguns but now it is generally AK variants although I have been playing with a VSS and Hunter on woods a bit. I have a fistful of AR and they are very in sitting in the bottom of my stash but I never seem to make it to them. I generally run good ammo bs bp whatever high pen stuff.

I also want to run some identical kits but I've been saving up for a while. I'm going to do some questing and then I'll see you about getting my money right.

There are a few folks that I play with but, only one of them has gotten past level 10 and this is everybody's first wipe so at best I can use them as a distraction/ablative armor and that's not fun for folks. I have both marked room keys for reserve but getting out of there still a bit of a struggle for me.

I have managed to upgrade my stash size get a bunch of cases and finally upgrade to the bravo container in the last week and that's been really nice.

If you play evening US EST, I can throw some gear your way or help you with quests. At worst you'll have a lvl 46 loot pinata with you so if we both die, you'll know you'll get your poo poo back cause they will be busy dividing my kit up....

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

FileNotFound posted:

If you play evening US EST, I can throw some gear your way or help you with quests. At worst you'll have a lvl 46 loot pinata with you so if we both die, you'll know you'll get your poo poo back cause they will be busy dividing my kit up....

I might just take you up on that. My hours have been kind of irregular but it would be fun to play with someone who knows what's what instead of just figuring it out on the fly.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

bird cooch posted:

I might just take you up on that. My hours have been kind of irregular but it would be fun to play with someone who knows what's what instead of just figuring it out on the fly.

Join the discord, too. You can get carried and sherpa'd across the map by some goon chads and they can help give you gear or 5 stack into factory so you can get non-kill quests done with no pvp. Most of the goons there are willing to help if you join a group.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

BONESTORM posted:

I get where you’re coming from. I like this game, but the damage and armour system, while very detailed, has some unintended consequences that makes for some weird fights. Being able to essentially shrug off damage and heal back to full health if they don’t black out a body part encourages you to play like the Terminator against lesser equipped opponents.

My understanding is that they've taken many steps away from realism to make the leveling and grind feel good, and acknowledge that mostly.

IRL if you get shot in the head with just about any helmet by anything larger than a 9x18 you're done or you need lots of medical attention and are unconscious. Gear exists the way it is in this game to enable the gear lords and grinders to bully people. My understanding is that they experimented with more realistic helmet stats and people stopped taking them, so they buffed them.

The mosin nerfs and torso health increase existed because they want progression to feel important to a certain extent, and the grind keeps people playing.

I'm not saying this is good design personally or makes for the best fights all the time. But the bullet sponge terminators are intentional.

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Merking lvl 50 space marine chads with nothing but a 20k ruuble mp153 and a pocketful of flechette will never EVER get old.

Nice slick. Excuse me while I triple tap you in center mass

Game owns

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Gay Hitler posted:

Merking lvl 50 space marine chads with nothing but a 20k ruuble mp153 and a pocketful of flechette will never EVER get old.

Nice slick. Excuse me while I triple tap you in center mass

Game owns

The fleshette is my favorite ammo by far because I'm still kind of jumpy and it gives me a chance to Wing somebody and still hurt him enough to make them reconsider. I'll join the discord when I get home tonight I'm floating down the lake drowning bait right now because work is stressing me out.

BONESTORM
Jan 27, 2009

Buy me Bonestorm or go to Hell!

Toalpaz posted:

My understanding is that they've taken many steps away from realism to make the leveling and grind feel good, and acknowledge that mostly.

IRL if you get shot in the head with just about any helmet by anything larger than a 9x18 you're done or you need lots of medical attention and are unconscious. Gear exists the way it is in this game to enable the gear lords and grinders to bully people. My understanding is that they experimented with more realistic helmet stats and people stopped taking them, so they buffed them.

The mosin nerfs and torso health increase existed because they want progression to feel important to a certain extent, and the grind keeps people playing.

I'm not saying this is good design personally or makes for the best fights all the time. But the bullet sponge terminators are intentional.

Fair point. It’s their game and they can do whatever they want. I really like this game as is, but these choices and the grind keep me from loving it. My ideal version of the game would probably be less popular, honestly. The recoil system is also another design choice where I can see why they did it, but I’m personally not a fan. That update they did to reduce the camera recoil effect made it less of a sticking point for me though. Still, I’ll definitely keep checking in to play to at least getting flea market every wipe, there’s nothing else like this game.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

My only issue with the recoil system is that it encourages mag dumps and discourages burst fire.

This basically makes it the best call to strap in a giant mag, prefire and just never let go off the trigger - and don't even bother ADSing...

With that said, I don't know how they could make the system better so I accept it as it is and run 50 round drums on my M1...

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Shouldn't there be a way to tune it where burst fire is still better than mag dumping for medium ranges without removing the recoil skill altogether?
Like, your PMC would be able to control the first 3 shots well. If you keep pressing down muzzle climbs stronger for shots 4-10 until your PMC manages to suppress recoil more again and you get the current behavior.
The laserbeamyness of meta guns probably needs to be reduced for this to make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Malefitz posted:

Shouldn't there be a way to tune it where burst fire is still better than mag dumping for medium ranges without removing the recoil skill altogether?
Like, your PMC would be able to control the first 3 shots well. If you keep pressing down muzzle climbs stronger for shots 4-10 until your PMC manages to suppress recoil more again and you get the current behavior.
The laserbeamyness of meta guns probably needs to be reduced for this to make sense.

That's how it should be as the whole reason for why 3 round bursts became a thing was due to the bullets being able to be fired before the shooter felt the recoil. Some went a step further and had an 'automatic' burst mode where it fired burst after burst over and over.

In Tarkov is absolutely backwards with the 2nd and 3rd shot being least accurate as recoil is felt instantly while your 4th and subsequent shots tend to be on target leading to the prefire meta.

Thing is, if you make the first 3 shots as precise as they should be - it's effectively a 1 tap due to the bullet damages in the game. So I think the recoil being the most punishing in the first few rounds is a game balance decision to reduce the frequency of instant kills to the chest through full armor...

So I really don't know if making burst fire as accurate as it ought to be is the right call as it will totally change the game. Personally, I would like the way it would play then, but I think it would outrage the majority of late game players who are used to magdumping everything.