Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Ugh I beat the Blue Smelter but moronically bought a normal Smelter sword from Straid with the soul.

I cannot deal with the utter clown car of alonne knights in Iron Keep 2, it's just hilariously frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

f#a# posted:

Ugh I beat the Blue Smelter but moronically bought a normal Smelter sword from Straid with the soul.

I cannot deal with the utter clown car of alonne knights in Iron Keep 2, it's just hilariously frustrating.

Feeble cursed one! Do you really think you can manage the glories that are my boss soul items?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in souls games i used to not keep a bow or crossbow and just tough it out, before iron keep

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

King of Solomon posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a NG+ only mechanic. Bit of a waste, really, it's neat.

negatory, he summoned two phantoms during our NG playthrough.

Cavauro posted:

in souls games i used to not keep a bow or crossbow and just tough it out, before iron keep

hang onto it post-drangelic castle

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

mostly finished my goal for this return to drangleic, i have a 39k soul memory cleric with 4 copies of great heal spiced down to 12 faith and a +10 raw handaxe. i just need to figure out which shield i'm using to finalize my stats oh and beat the fume knight for his hat

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

holy poo poo I didn't know you could be summoned by the looking glass knight or that it summoned players

I've gotta try this, but if it does matchmaking I might be sol at 2.5ish soul memory

A bit finicky to get it to work. You have to invade in the area of the boss. Best chances are that you put down a red sign repeatedly in the corridor before the Looking Glass Knight and hope at gets picked up ("You get summoned by the Looking Glass Knight" (or similar)). Be in the range to normally invade folks who would tackle the boss. Above 1 million souls, but maybe not 2M?

Orange border for Drangleic Castle is advised. This is SotFS. NG+ bullshit does not matter.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Frida Call Me posted:

negatory, he summoned two phantoms during our NG playthrough.

hang onto it post-drangelic castle

The Looking Glass Knight summons NPC phantoms in NG, and can additionally summon player phantoms in NG+.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
What does an orange border for drangleic mean?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

What does an orange border for drangleic mean?

Any orange borders for areas in the warp screen indicate areas that are heavily populated by players in your SM bracket.

In short, best areas for multiplayer.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ohhhh thanks!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm so glad they kept that multiplayer indicator for DSIII, it's real nice to have.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

King of Solomon posted:

The Looking Glass Knight summons NPC phantoms in NG, and can additionally summon player phantoms in NG+.

this is a myth perpetuated by fextralife, you can be summoned in NG, you can fight summoned players during LGK in NG.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Frida Call Me posted:

this is a myth perpetuated by fextralife, you can be summoned in NG, you can fight summoned players during LGK in NG.

That would explain why I didn't see any reference to it in the wikidot, despite remembering that pretty clearly.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

That would explain why I didn't see any reference to it in the wikidot, despite remembering that pretty clearly.

wikidot is the best dark souls wiki imo. Whenever I resort to looking something up (frequently), I make sure I use them.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

pointsofdata posted:

wikidot is the best dark souls wiki imo. Whenever I resort to looking something up (frequently), I make sure I use them.

Absolutely agreed, it's not even close.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Wikidot for DS3 sucks. For 1 and 2 it’s the best one

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Had a loving dream last night that was chasing titanite crystal lizards and I could NOT hit them with my mace, and it was STRESSSING ME OUT.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

betterinsodapop posted:

Had a loving dream last night that was chasing titanite crystal lizards and I could NOT hit them with my mace, and it was STRESSSING ME OUT.

Yeah punching crystal lizards is loving impossible, I have to try and shoot them with my bow

Got the bone fist last night! It's extremely cool and unique. I absolutely love being a kung fu master, but I'm finding it tough to adapt to the new moveset after playing through 80% of the game with my usual powerstanced fist-weapon move set. It seems extremely powerful, especially the sweeps and knockdowns, but right now in Eleum Loyce I'm having more trouble with it than anything so I'm going to probably stick with dual caestus/claws until I'm totally used to the bone fist moveset. Can't wait to get used to it though and start kung fu-ing fools in PvP :unsmigghh:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Yeah punching crystal lizards is loving impossible, I have to try and shoot them with my bow

Got the bone fist last night! It's extremely cool and unique. I absolutely love being a kung fu master, but I'm finding it tough to adapt to the new moveset after playing through 80% of the game with my usual powerstanced fist-weapon move set. It seems extremely powerful, especially the sweeps and knockdowns, but right now in Eleum Loyce I'm having more trouble with it than anything so I'm going to probably stick with dual caestus/claws until I'm totally used to the bone fist moveset. Can't wait to get used to it though and start kung fu-ing fools in PvP :unsmigghh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=USAU3vQ5Nd0

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:yeshaha:

I can't wait to become a kung fu PvP master

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

If you’re using cestus, the two-handed R2 is extremely good at hitting crystal lizards

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Scrap Dragon posted:

If you’re using cestus, the two-handed R2 is extremely good at hitting crystal lizards

I've tried, but catching up + hitting them is too tall an order for me :( Even with the extra few inches of range from the claws

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I took to using the Bone Fist's hadouken to kill crystal lizards in an amazing case of overkill. Though truthfully I never actually needed to kill a single one through my whole run, excepting maybe grabbing some goodies from Dragon Aerie that later payed off only because I decided to invest in silly armors at the very end. And also about half the time the hadouken doesn't work because hitboxes.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
The worst lizard is the one between Pharros and Tseldora, fully impossible dude

f#a# posted:

I know this pain well, low five

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
When I see a lizard I'll usually switch to a weapon with a good downwards R1 like a halberd or UGS. Thankfully they have low enough health that using an unupgraded weapon works.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The pursuer in the lost Bastille by the tower apart (the one that spawns when you open the suspicious chest, not in the courtyard) is way harder than the normal boss one right? It has the extra dark orb move and I feel like the timing is different on its attacks.

The dogs opening the doors if you try and take the shortcut down the wall is a nice touch too

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
That dark orb attack is kind of an advantage for you. Just run behind the pursuer and he can't hit you.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
That Percy basically starts as if he had already hit you with the curse sword. That gives him the glowy eyes and the dark orb attack.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pointsofdata posted:

do they have a dark mode yet? I can't handle that white background.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Simply Simon posted:

The worst lizard is the one between Pharros and Tseldora, fully impossible dude

yeah i can only get that one with soul spear typically

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I accidentally despawned the pursuer altogether instead of the glitch kill

Whoops

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
After owning this game for like two years I've finally discovered you have to press a button to enact powerstancing and once I find more titatine shards I'm coming for you all with my Notched whip + Bleedstone whip.

*batman voice do you bleed

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sir Tonk posted:

do they have a dark mode yet? I can't handle that white background.

And yet you post on SA. Curious!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

absolutely thrilled there was someone engaging in jolly cooperation for Elana the Squalid Queen because there was no loving way I was getting Benhart out of there alive otherwise

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
haha almost 3mil soul memory and I'm getting summoned by the looking glass knight! This loving rules

Only twice so far. But still, confirmed to work in NG. The first guy I fought was not even a little bit ready for Jay Punchman lol

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 12, 2021

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I dunno if I'm just being far too impatient or there's something hosed with my online. Just a bit above 3m and I'm getting gently caress all for co-op no matter where I put down my sign, outside of one bite at Elana.

I got invaded in the Iron Passage lobby, which really shouldn't be a thing, and during the fight I suddenly see like 10 signs all fire up once my sign is canceled. Then I die, respawn, go human again and there's nothing there.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
I've gotten to the Lost Bastille and am kind of losing my steam. Can't find any co-op summons, and I just keep getting wrecked by either the Pursuer and his gang of dogs and archers or the trio of Ruin Sentinels. Was having a blast up until now.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

betterinsodapop posted:

I've gotten to the Lost Bastille and am kind of losing my steam. Can't find any co-op summons, and I just keep getting wrecked by either the Pursuer and his gang of dogs and archers or the trio of Ruin Sentinels. Was having a blast up until now.

The pursuer will leave if you run/climb back out of the area where he spawns. You miss the chance to kill him (temporarily, you can always rest at a bonfire and he’ll come back) but you can clear the rest of the room and make some progress.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hot tip for Ruin Sentinels is to upgrade your weapon to +7 or higher. they have low hp, and can be focused down one by one before the others activate. npc summons are helpful mostly to help you manage aggro and not having to face two at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the Ruin Sentinels are really tough in general. they're this game's version of the Capra Demon