Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monicro posted:

Champs Prevail

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Somebody with a good bullpen tag with the Bombers.

Also pick them: champs retain.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Send Billy Williams down, make Manny full time RF. Call up Ashburn. Rizzuto can play SS for a week.

Pick 'em: MAKE TAG TEAMS

Omni-Titles
Khartoum Doom @ Arlen Propane Sellers (c)

Grand Slam Championships
Towa City Demon Hunters (c)
@ Philadelphia Blue Jays

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Pash posted:

Champs retain

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Champs retain

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Outlaws will take 2015 Miguel Cabrera and HulkaMatt is up.

Please put Cabrera in for Gehrig at 1B so the latter can stop being sore.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pick'Em: Champs retain.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Teh cahmps loes

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Pick 'em: MAKE TAG TEAMS

Omni-Titles
Khartoum Doom @ Arlen Propane Sellers (c)

Grand Slam Championships
Towa City Demon Hunters (c) @ Philadelphia Blue Jays

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
champs win i guess

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Pick 'em

CHAMPS

Tag Team

Look, here's the deal. My rotation doesn't entirely suck (Paige/Maddux/Marichal/Saberhagen/Adams). I can offer a functional IF/DH in Pujols,Sisler/Myers/Santo/Cronin/Piazza.

You can do the rest I'm sure!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DOOM AND HUNTERS

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
Champs retain

Robert Deadford posted:

Tag Team

Look, here's the deal. My rotation doesn't entirely suck (Paige/Maddux/Marichal/Saberhagen/Adams). I can offer a functional IF/DH in Pujols,Sisler/Myers/Santo/Cronin/Piazza.

You can do the rest I'm sure!

I'll team with you, but I'd want to use your bullpen instead of your infield since your RPs are better than mine, is that okay?

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Ginge posted:

I'll team with you, but I'd want to use your bullpen instead of your infield since your RPs are better than mine, is that okay?

Sure thing. My arms, your bats. We could be The Cumbrian Beasts, Windermere Bownessies, or something.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Robert Deadford posted:

Sure thing. My arms, your bats. We could be The Cumbrian Beasts, Windermere Bownessies, or something.

Cool, I'll knock out a roster this evening then.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

champs retain

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
SMASHER DEMANDS TAG TEAMS, STORG PRESENTS POTENTIAL TAG TEAMS:

Ruthlss Agrssion - CirclMastr/DannoMack
I.R.C. § 936 - kw0134/mrnoun
Twin Cities Dyad - Forzelt/Scr00bins
A Hell of their Own - JR Leap/Pander
BattleSlime - Moleboy/Harlock
I'M OUT OF NAMING JUICE - GVOLTT/Frankenfreak

PLAY NICE, HAVE FUN, BE GOOD.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 10, 2021

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I'm already with the Monarchs, so strike that from the record.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Beet and The Goog have joined forces to bring together the power of music and the power of rolling over things with heavy power equipment. We give you: Mannheim Steamroller.

1899 Rube Waddell
1903 Addie Joss
1903 Noodles Hahn
1913 Nap Rucker
1915 Ed Walsh
1920 Pete Alexander
1921 Tris Speaker
1925 Lou Gehrig
1934 Mickey Cochrane
1937 Arky Vaughan
1937 Billy Herman
1937 Mel Ott
1938 Paul Derringer
1967 Rod Carew
1971 Tug McGraw
1973 Jim Kaat
1974 Ted Simmons
1978 Gary Lavelle
1984 Tim Raines
1990 Barry Bonds
1990 Bobby Bonilla
1990 Cal Ripken
1990 Wade Boggs
1994 Rod Beck
1998 Manny Ramirez

code:
wadderu01,1899
jossad01,1903
hahnno01,1903
ruckena01,1913
walshed01,1915
alexape01,1920
speaktr01,1921
gehrilo01,1925
cochrmi01,1934
vaughar01,1937
hermabi01,1937
ottme01,1937
derripa01,1938
carewro01,1967
mcgratu01,1971
kaatji01,1973
simmote01,1974
lavelga01,1978
raineti01,1984
bonilbo01,1990
bondsba01,1990
ripkeca01,1990
boggswa01,1990
beckro01,1994
ramirma02,1998
vs RHP

1. Speaker CF
2. Boggs 3B
3. Gehrig 1B
4. Bonds LF
5. Ott DH
6. Ramirez RF
7. Cochrane C
8. Vaughan SS
9. Carew 2B

vs LHP

1. Speaker CF
2. Raines LF
3. Gehrig 1B
4. Ramirez RF
5. Ott DH
6. Boggs 3B
7. Simmons C
8. Ripken SS
9. Herman 2B

SP1 Alexander
SP2 Walsh
SP3 Joss
SP4 Derringer
SP5 Rucker

CL Kaat
SU Beck
SR Lavelle
SR McGraw
MR Hahn
LR Waddell

The Goog fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 10, 2021

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Presenting the Rakers/Dragons tag team that I don't really know a good name for. Deadford, just want to double check, JP Howell is definitely howeljp01 and not howelj.,01 in the database, correct? I can never keep players with initials for first names straight in that regard.

C 1927 Mickey Cochrane
C 1910 Roger Bresnahan
1B 1939 Lou Gehrig
1B 2013 Albert Pujols
2B 1926 Rogers Hornsby
3B 1987 Wade Boggs
SS 1943 Arky Vaughan
SS 1992 Cal Ripken
OF 1900 Ed Delahanty
OF 1987 Barry Bonds
OF 1961 Willie Mays
OF 1953 Stan Musial
OF 1891 Sam Thompson
DH 1942 Ted Williams
SP 1933 Satchel Paige
SP 1989 Greg Maddux
SP 1971 Juan Marichal
SP 1907 Babe Adams
SP 1995 Bret Saberhagen
RP 2014 Kenley Jansen
RP 2019 Aroldis Chapman
RP 2014 JP Howell
RP 2019 Dellin Betances
RP 1997 Todd Worrell
RP 2014 Zack Greinke

Lineups

vs RHP

3B Boggs
DH Williams
CF Bonds
RF Musial
1B Gehrig
LF Delahanty
2B Hornsby
SS Vaughan
C Cochrane

vs LHP

3B Boggs
DH Williams
2B Hornsby
RF Musial
1B Pujols
LF Delahanty
CF Mays
C Bresnahan
SS Ripken

Pitching
SP1 Paige
SP2 Maddux
SP3 Marichal
SP4 Adams
SP5 Saberhagen

CL Jansen
SU Chapman
SR Howell
SR Betances
MR Worrell
LR Greinke

CSV

CUSTOM: Satchel Paige
cochrmi01,1927,,,,Mickey,Cochrane
bresnro01,1910,,,,Roger,Bresnahan
gehrilo01,1939,,,,Lou,Gehrig
pujolal01,2013,,,,Albert,Pujols
hornsro01,1926,,,,Rogers,Hornsby
boggswa01,1987,,,,Wade,Boggs
vaughar01,1943,,,,Arky,Vaughan
ripkeca01,1992,,,,Cal,Ripken
delahed01,1900,,,,Ed,Delahanty
bondsba01,1987,,,,Barry,Bonds
mayswi01,1961,,,,Willie,Mays
musiast01,1953,,,,Stan,Musial
thompsa01,1891,,,,Sam,Thompson
willite01,1942,,,,Ted,Williams
maddugr01,1989,,,,Greg,Maddux
maricju01,1971,,,,Juan,Marichal
adamsba01,1907,,,,Babe,Adams
saberbr01,1995,,,,Bret,Saberhagen
janseke01,2014,,,,Kenley,Jansen
chapmar01,2019,,,,Aroldis,Chapman
howeljp01,2014,,,,JP,Howell
betande01,2019,,,,Dellin,Betances
worreto01,1997,,,,Todd,Worrell
greinza01,2014,,,,Zack,Greinke

Ginge fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 10, 2021

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

kw0134 posted:

I'm already with the Monarchs, so strike that from the record.

Aww, dang. That was by some distance my most clever team name.

howeljp01 is JP Howell, yes.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 10, 2021

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
If someone still wants to participate and needs a partner the Boatmen are available well.

Sorry I've been absent for most of the season. Hopefully it'll get better in a while.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

CVE posted:

If someone still wants to participate and needs a partner the Boatmen are available well.

Sorry I've been absent for most of the season. Hopefully it'll get better in a while.
Let's do this then!

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Ginge posted:

Deadford, just want to double check, JP Howell is definitely howeljp01 and not howelj.,01 in the database, correct?

howeljp01 is whats on my team document, so yes.

I name our team The Cumbrian Beasts!

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Sub-Par League 18 Week 16 Injury Report

ENIX SLIMES
Junichi Tazawa (don't care in the minors) - 26 days

Luna Landers
Pedro Martinez (Close division race? Time for your annual Pedro injury!) - 10 days

Saudi Steamrollers
Tim Raines (COCAINE!) - 28 days

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The Styx Boatmen and Baseball Club are teaming up, so get ready to breathe with the

Styxblade

Infield + DH (Baseball Club)
1B 2013 Albert Pujols
2B 1905 Nap Lajoie
SS 1992 Cal Ripken
3B 1926 Joe Sewell
DH 1937 Al Simmons

IF 1937 Buddy Myer
1B/DH 1920 Harry Heilmann

Outfield + Catcher (Boatmen)
C 1951 Yogi Berra
LF 1967 Frank Robinson
CF 1965 Willie Mays
RF 1967 Hank Aaron

C 1935 Jimmie Foxx
RF 2002 Larry Walker
OF 1994 Jim Edmonds

Starting Pitchers (Baseball Club)
SP1 1909 Addie Joss
SP2 1913 Hooks Wiltse
SP3 1998 Greg Maddux
SP4 1913 Christy Mathewson
SP5 1913 Rube Marquard

Bullpen (Boatmen)
CL 1999 Mariano Rivera
SU 1996 John Franco
SR 2017 Sean Doolittle
SR 2007 Takashi Saito
MR 1975 Steve Mingori
LR 1974 Steve Carlton

Lineup vs RHP
1 2B Lajoie
2 3B Sewell
3 DH Simmons
4 RF Aaron
5 LF Robinson
6 SS Ripken
7 C Berra
8 1B Pujols
9 CF Mays

Lineup vs LHP
1 2B Lajoie
2 DH Simmons
3 CF Mays
4 RF Aaron
5 LF Robinson
6 3B Sewell
7 SS Ripken
8 C Berra
9 1B Pujols

CSV
pujolal01,2013
lajoina01,1905
ripkeca01,1992
seweljo01,1926
simmoal01,1937
myerbu01,1937
heilmha01,1920
berrayo01,1951
robinfr02,1967
mayswi01,1965
aaronha01,1967
foxxji01,1935
walkela01,2002
edmonji01,1994
jossad01,1909
wiltsho01,1913
maddugr01,1998
mathech01,1913
marquru01,1913
riverma01,1999
francjo01,1996
doolise01,2017
saitota01,2007
mingost01,1975
carltst01,1974

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 12, 2021

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Edward Mass posted:

Doom
Demon Hunters

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXX, Week 16: In Loving Memory of Rock Carnage

"So, to be clear, the source of the Super-League itself is located in this orb thing?" Jack McDowell said, staring at the glowing black and red object, which seemed to be pulsing like a heart, albeit, in no discernable rhythm.

"Indeed." Mark Bellhorn said.

"Is it supposed to be glowing red and flashing?" Jack McDowell said, eying the sphere warily.

"No, 'tis a sign of grave danger." Bellhorn answered. "All these works stand on the edge of a great calamity!"

"Okay, that's bad." McDowell walked around the orb, as if hoping that, from a different viewpoint, the red flashing light would look less ominous. "How do we fix it? Is this a sort of thing where we can unplug it, and then plug it back in?"

"Wait, didn't Bell-Bell-" Yoshida started.

"Bell-Bell?" McDowell stopped her. "What?"

"I think we should get new nicknames." Yoshida said. "Anyway, Bell-Bell said that the orb is the source of the universe, so if we reboot the orb, wouldn't we be erasing the entire Super-League in the process?"

"I don't know." McDowell said, staring that the orb. "Do we have an instruction manual?"

"If there is one, we'd have to go to the Great Library of the Super-League!" Yoshida said. "And you know what that means."

"Oh, right. The angry Englishman." McDowell said. "Has ginge ever considered supporting a soccer team that's actually good? He might be happier."

"That's not how things work in England." Adam Dunn said. "The people get really tied into their tiny little towns, no matter how decayed and sad they are. It's like high school football in Texas. It's bad, and sad, except, in England, instead of getting good barbecue after the game, you just get flavorless boiled meat and peas. Lots of peas. They love peas down in England, let me tell you."

"You see, CirclMastr, the key to the Super-League is acquiring as many Babes Ruth as possible." DannoMack explained. "That's about it."

"Is it really that simple?" CirclMastr asked. "I don't think it's that simple."

"EVERYONE STOP!" FairGame arrived in a flash of light. "I demand that everyone stop, because canon has been violated! As the Ombudsman of the Super-League, I am here to remind everyone that it has been established that CirclMastr cannot use the letter 'e' in his speech."

"But it makes things so hard." CirclMastr said.

"I believe you mean to say that 'it maks things so hard'" FairGame answered. "And whether it is hard or not, it's essentially to the continuity of the Super-League. And if we start tampering with that, who knows what could happen? We might even destroy the orb."

"The orb?" CirclMastr said, before noticing kw0134 staring at him. CirclMaster sighed, "Th orb?"

"Yes, the source of all that ever was, is, and might be in the Super-League." FairGame said. "So, obviously, it does not contain any championships for the World Warriors."

"I thought th orb was just a myth." CirclMastr said. "It's not real, I mean, it's not ral. Wait. No, I man, it's not ral."

"It's real enough." FairGame said. "I know that, as the Super-League is not tightly plotted like the works of Ernest Cline, you may find it hard to believe that there's any sort of mechanism holding it all together, but it's true."

"Well, I think-" DannoMack said, as Pander and JR Leap walked by, "Good Morning!" DannoMack nodded to Pander and JR Leap.

JR Leap stopped and stared DannoMack down, and then turned to Pander, "What even is this?"

"It's DannoMack, don't worry, he's harmless." Pander said. "Although he does experiment on animals."

"I sure do! But only their brains. You can learn a lot by cutting open the brains of animals and creating lesions on those brains." DannoMack said.

JR Leap shook with anger, "Pander, it's one thing for you to associate with nerds like," JR Leap gestured towards CirclMastr, "whatever that thing is."

"I'm CirclMastr. I'm running an LP where we take Pnurtis and-" CirclMastr tried to interject.

"Ahem." FairGame interrupted.

"Okay, I'm CirclMastr. I'm running an LP whr w tak Pnurtis and-" CirclMastr corrected himself.

"No, no." JR Leap silenced him, "Your talking is not part of this." JR Leap turned back to Pander, "Anyway, if you want to hang around with pathetic nerds like Cricket Master or whatever, that's one thing, but if you're spending time around people who hurt animals for fun-"

"It's also quite lucrative as well." DannoMack said.

"I am talking to my husband." JR Leap said, glaring at DannoMack, "Not you. Never you."

"I just wanted you to be aware that when I cut open the brains of mice and damage their brains, I'm doing it for a very important reason." DannoMack said. "There's a purpose to it. You can learn so much."

"What is this?" JR Leap said, irritated, "Pander, are you hanging out with serial killers? Because you know who hurts animals for fun? Serial killers. And I am not cool with that. I thought you said this was a baseball thing, not some sort of weird true crime thing."

Pander took a deep breath, "Now, honey, I think what DannoMack is trying to say, at least, I hope this is what he's trying to say, is that he's part of scientific experiments on animals. I don't think he's a serial killer."

"And the other one?" JR Leap asked.

"I mad a playr calld Flaccid Pnurtis." CirclMastr said.

"He," Pander paused, "Apparently made a player named Flaccid Pnurtis, which is apparently something that can be done, though, without knowing more, I have the feeling that it almost certainly should not have been done."

"Why can't he use the letter 'e'?" JR Leap asked.

"Canon." FairGame said. "We can't abandon canon."

"Pander!" JR Leap stared at her husband. "This is not acceptable! And, let's be clear, this isn't me as the nagging wife, this is me as the responsible partner telling you that you should not be spending your time associating with animal mutilators, weird people who don't use the letter 'e', which cannot be the sign of a mentally healthy person, and," she turned to FairGame, "Actually, you haven't done anything horrible yet."

"I'm a big fan of Ernest Cline." FairGame said. "Have you read Ready Player One? It's really an enjoyable book."

JR Leap threw up her hands. "That's much worse than mutilating animals!"

Games of the Week

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Hey gang,

So you might have noticed that the World Warriors got swept by the Garreg Mach Golden Deer of all teams. That seems inexplicable, until you realize that the series occurred immediately after yet another confrontation between Yaya and HulkaMatt before the series. Yaya had demanded an apology from HulkaMatt after HulkaMatt had repeatedly forgotten Yaya's name, and HulkaMatt appeared in Shadaloo to address the matter.

A transcript of the events that followed is below

Transcript posted:

YAYA: You got something to say to me, HulkaMatt?
HULKAMATT: Hey, hold on, one sec, one sec. One thing I do want to-
[HulkaMatt fiddles with a microphone, and asks for a different microphone, despite the first microphone being functional]
HULKAMATT: Does this work? Oh, this is much better. Hold on a second.
[HulkaMatt continues to fiddle, now with the new microphone]
HULKAMATT: Just let me test this out here.
[HulkaMatt fiddles with the microphone even more]
HULKAMATT: Well, Yaya, I guess I should, I guess I should really get what's on my chest off and I should be talking to you right now. You know, so I guess I should say it, well, face to face. So, Yaya, I can see you've been out here, and, you know, and you've been talking about the events that have transpired, and that has caused me to do a little, well, self-introspection if you will, and, hmm, what have I been doing? Did I have fun in the last tag team tournament? Did I have fun in the last tag team tournament? Well, absolutely I did. That's what I do, Yaya, I have fun! Now, relax a little bit, it's all in good fun here. But that's what I do in life, I have fun. You should too! Do I have fun sometimes at other's expenses? Yeah, I totally do. No problem, I have fun at other's expenses. But that's okay. You know, that's okay in my book as long as it benefits me. You know, and I'm not the only one who thinks like that. No, there's many other people who do as well. I can tell that you're not one of them, though. You know, it's okay, Yaya, just relax a little bit.
[Dead air]
HULKAMATT: Yaya, one thing...we have to get done.
[Dead air]
HULKAMATT: I don't know if I can talk to you about this.
YAYA: What are you doing out here, then? Why are we even out here?
HULKAMATT: I want to get stuff done and talk to you about other people's...Yaya, one thing I need to get done....is I need to come to an understanding with you. One thing, Yaya
[Dead air]
YAYA: You think I'm stupid out here. You think you want to come out here and make me look stupid, HulkaMatt?
HULKAMATT: Yaya, one of the things I would never, ever, ever, ever do is come out here, and make you look stupid. No, Yaya, never. I would never, ever do that. As a matter of fact, 'stupid', I find is an abhorrent word. Terrible word. I can tell, one of things, and you're pacing around and all upset about me and you know, quite frankly, Yaya, you know, one of the things you have in there, I can tell by your non-verbal cues that I guess you're quite upset with me. You know?
YAYA: Quit playing games with me, HulkaMatt!
HULKAMATT: I'm not trying to play games.
YAYA: You keep playing games, trying to puppet me around. Like I'm one of your little pets.
HULKAMATT: Again, going back, Yaya, never, ever want to make you feel stupid. I would never, ever say those words to you. Those are disgusting and cruel and abhorrent words. Abhorrent words. And, again, never would I make you feel like that. So, Yaya. There are a few others that you may say, or you may have heard, specifically in your life. You know, such as, well, "stupid is as stupid does" or "you fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down" or just, quite simply, "this guy is so stupid." Now, Yaya, again, that's not me saying those things and that does maybe dovetails into a bit of a stereotype you know, the dumb canuck. You know, like all Canucks fans. But Yaya, hear me out on one thing, again, never, have I ever specifically called you stupid. Would I? Y-y-y-yaya?
[HulkaMatt flees]
YAYA: You think this is a game, HulkaMatt? You think you're going to embarrass me in the Super-League? Who the hell do you think you are?

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Rough stuff, I know.

And, as a result, Yaya was so shaken that the Warriors immediately dropped three straight games to the Golden Deer.

drat that HulkaMatt! He's living rent-free in Yaya's head!

Retain.

Retain.

So, let me get this straight. The Bombers lost of a walk-off home to George Davis? A deadball middle infielder?

Dismal. Just dismal.

Unless JR Leap is trying to emulate the early-'90s Pirates, and I have no idea why one would be doing that, I have no idea why Stan Belinda is the closer for this team...

...Actually, now that I have taken a look at their pitching staff, I have no idea why Pander pulled together a bullpen this bad. JR Leap, if you're reading this, and admittedly, that is not a likely scenario, you should go to your husband, right now, stare him dead in the eyes, and demand to know why he has failed you so badly in terms of assembling a reasonable bullpen. Oh, he'll try to give an excuse, that's his way, after all, but you need to stand your ground and slowly shake your head to make your displeasure known.

Now you see, CattMarp, you see what can be done when you cast off your fell allegiances. You cast off Adam Wainwright, and behold your reward! But you must now take the next step. For the Misanthropes to heal, to truly regain their greatness, you must cast off your Cardinals fandom! Throw away these chains of damnation and embrace your true destiny! Greatness can still await you!

All three of the Generics' relievers that pitched in this game managed to give up a run. That's a certain amount of consistency, at least.

The Goats' bullpen did lose the game, but they did the best they could. Seven innings and allowing just one run is pretty loving good, it's just that they couldn't hold on forever. Even more amazingly, the Goats' bullpen went seven innings without getting a single strikeout. Granted, the Panderers don't have a lot of players that strike out a ton, but it's not as though they never strike out. It's kind of amazing, really.

Team Statistics

Standings

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

send down willie hernandez, call up the new chris sale to take his place at SR. Replace the injured paul waner in RF in both lineups with Shoeless joe jackson.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I'm pretty sure HulkaMatt has called Yaya stupid multiple times in the SL.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

In addition to Cabrera at 1B, please put Ripken at SS, Shoeless Joe Jackson at CF, Flaccid Pnurtis at LF, and... I'm out of infielders so I guess Kell can be at 2B for a week. I just want my sore players to not die. I think dropping 6 games now is better than dropping 20 when everyone is injured.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I'm gonna call up Joe Kelley for Manny Ramirez. Just in case.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

God, I miss the all-star break. Everyone is sore!

Hamilton moves to CF
Keeler moves to RF
Merciless moves to DH

Move to a 10-man pitching staff, promoting Kiki Cuyler to the active roster.

Bullpen is now Soria/Syndergaard/Shantz/Greinke/Patterson :gonk:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Crows draft 1971 Nolan Ryan.

The W's last ever draft pick is next.

Scr00bins
Sep 10, 2020

geez i def meant to get on and do a sub earlier than now. but oh well, just gonna ride it out.

Scr00bins fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 11, 2021

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
This update was hilarious smasher

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

The Styx Boatmen and Baseball Club are teaming up, so get ready to breathe with the

Styxblade

Infield + DH (Baseball Club)
1B 2013 Albert Pujols
2B 1905 Nap Lajoie
SS 1992 Cal Ripken
3B 1926 Joe Sewell
DH 1937 Al Simmons

IF 1937 Buddy Myer
1B/DH 1920 Harry Heilmann

Outfield + Catcher (Boatmen)
C 1951 Yogi Berra
LF 1967 Frank Robinson
CF 1965 Willie Mays
RF 1967 Hank Aaron

C 1935 Jimmie Foxx
RF 2002 Larry Walker
OF 1994 Jim Edmonds

Starting Pitchers (Baseball Club)
SP1 1909 Addie Joss
SP2 1913 Hooks Wiltse
SP3 1998 Greg Maddux
SP4 1913 Christy Mathewson
SP5 1913 Rube Marquard

Bullpen (Boatmen)
CL 1999 Mariano Rivera
SU 1996 John Franco
SR 2017 Sean Doolittle
SR 2007 Takashi Saito
MR 1975 Steve Mingori
LR 1966 Jim Kaat

Lineup vs RHP
1 2B Lajoie
2 3B Sewell
3 DH Simmons
4 RF Aaron
5 LF Robinson
6 SS Ripken
7 C Berra
8 1B Pujols
9 CF Mays

Lineup vs LHP
1 2B Lajoie
2 DH Simmons
3 CF Mays
4 RF Aaron
5 LF Robinson
6 3B Sewell
7 SS Ripken
8 C Berra
9 1B Pujols

CSV
pujolal01,2013
lajoina01,1905
ripkeca01,1992
seweljo01,1926
simmoal01,1937
myerbu01,1937
heilmha01,1920
berrayo01,1951
robinfr02,1967
mayswi01,1965
aaronha01,1967
foxxji01,1935
walkela01,2002
edmonji01,1994
jossad01,1909
wiltsho01,1913
maddugr01,1998
mathech01,1913
marquru01,1913
riverma01,1999
francjo01,1996
doolise01,2017
saitota01,2007
mingost01,1975
kaatji01,1966

Looks good. Thanks for writing it up. Might want to replace Kaat with one of my actually decent pitchers given that we have the freedom.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
We're doing the break after the Week 17 updates.

Super-League XXX, Week 17 Injury Report

Burns Zephyrs
Gabby Hartnett (C) (Oh, I know you think a lineup change can save you now...) - 8 days
Johnny Bench (C) (But I'm two steps ahead!) - 85 days

Horny Goats
Pat Neshek (RP) (Well, it's over now) - 16 days

Philadelphia Blue Jays
Billy Hamilton (OF) (Aaron Burr shot him too!) - 13 days

Walney Rakers
Ernie Banks (SS) (So noted) - Out for Season

World Warriors
Steve Reed (RP) (Not the worst thing to happen to Yaya this week!) - 12 days

Pick 'em: Llama's Fate

Omni-Titles
Arlen Propane Sellers (c) @ Khartoum Doom

Grand Slam Championships
Towa City Demon Hunters (c) @ Raleigh Red Pandas

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pick'Em: Champs lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Pick 'em: Llama's Fate

Omni-Titles
Arlen Propane Sellers (c) @ Khartoum Doom

Grand Slam Championships
Towa City Demon Hunters (c) @ Raleigh Red Pandas