Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
the shooting stars video is the only good yammie-noob related thing out there - it's been posted elsewhere, but here it is again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYmqZBDk_eI

anything else you see that is related to or involved with that dipshit = avoid at all costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just went for a test ride along the usual route and there was a guy with a GSXR150/250 literally in the roadside ditch with some people helping him climb out and all I could do was laugh contemptuously.

I think working on other people's bikes long enough would make you fail the voight-kampf test.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
not giving a gently caress about the turtle is how they know you're human :ssh:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Coredump posted:

I think there was a video he crashed into a sidewalk trying to pass a car on the right?

IIRC that was "Chase on 2 Wheels" while riding someone else's Panigale.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Deeters posted:

Didn't he also try to compare himself to Rossi after one of his dumb crashes?

kind of, he likened himself to being a "street rossi" which is laughable after watching him "race line" head on into a porsche.

i think the main reason ppl hate yammienoob so much is because 1) he markets to new riders (or used to) 2) has absolutely no skills to back up any of the advice he gives out to them

he's just another poo poo rider trying to profit off new people's naievete

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Yammienoob hit a boulder with his Daytona before the Porsche incident I think

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Does the Mootmoot crash footage still exist somewhere?

E: Mt Rushmore of "More guts than talent" crash videos:

1. Yammienoob's head on with the Porsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c-bUAupQqE

2. Chase on 2 Wheels dumping the Panigale trying to pass a minivan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=511SLUHPmRw

3. Mootmoot's death defying run in with some gravel

GIMME

4. This guy's cliff jump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WamBr5Ahy4

Honorable mention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUB2darr5mU

Gorson fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 11, 2021

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I can't watch at the moment, but is the cliff jump the dude on a new KTM dirt bike in Colorado that target fixated straight off a 30+ foot drop into a river/basin/whatever, then posted GoPro helmetcam footage on YouTube with "YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE MY VIDEO" all over it?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jazzzzz posted:

I can't watch at the moment, but is the cliff jump the dude on a new KTM dirt bike in Colorado that target fixated straight off a 30+ foot drop into a river/basin/whatever, then posted GoPro helmetcam footage on YouTube with "YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE MY VIDEO" all over it?

No, but that one deserves a spot on the list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftz-8uiV3E&t=53s

This one is more in the "lol" vein of things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dciyhfaScAo

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Oh no, that poor panigale :(

That must be the stupidest crash ever. I can think of so many ways to have avoided it...

E: not saying i wouldn't ever do stupid stuff - but good lord, i feel so stupid when i do something stupid. And it should be called out when i do.

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 11, 2021

mewse
May 2, 2006

LimaBiker posted:

I can think of so many ways to have avoided it...

Yeah like what. Turning?

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

It's a modern bike, and he's not leaning over. Squeeze the poo poo out of the brakes and the bike's brilliant silicon mind will figure it out for him.
Also, not approaching an intersection with a waiting car so fast.
Or waiting until the car has decided clearly on which lane it wants to be, before overtaking.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Don't forget he did a followup video explaining how that crash was actually a result of his skill and experience being, if anything, too good. Something like he hadn't yet properly tested the brakes so he didn't know how quickly it could stop (it's a loving Panigale, and even a lovely scooter could have stopped from that speed in considerably less than the width of the junction) and a bunch of other poo poo about how no human being could have ever, ever avoided the accident.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah uhhhhhhhhhh it's got GP level brakes and ABS. you just haul on the lever and it loving stops.

also he was speeding and lol that his default emergency avoidance maneuver is to pass on the right. go gently caress yourself buddy

e: is chase on 2 wheels the same guy who snapped off multiple bolts in his engine case because he didn't know what a torque wrench click felt like? and drilled a hole in his gas tank to drain the gas?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

There's zero reason to ride like that in a busy urban area, unless you're on a supermoto

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Panigale man dumb as gently caress.

Those 2 Harley riders in the 4th video, also sodding stupid. How did they gently caress that turn up so badly?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

yeah uhhhhhhhhhh it's got GP level brakes and ABS. you just haul on the lever and it loving stops.

also he was speeding and lol that his default emergency avoidance maneuver is to pass on the right. go gently caress yourself buddy

e: is chase on 2 wheels the same guy who snapped off multiple bolts in his engine case because he didn't know what a torque wrench click felt like? and drilled a hole in his gas tank to drain the gas?

Yes and then explained how that also was not his fault. Bad bolts or some such.

Holy poo poo that is right out of a nightmare.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

builds character posted:

No, but that one deserves a spot on the list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nftz-8uiV3E&t=53s

This one is more in the "lol" vein of things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dciyhfaScAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs8QZXXntmg

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Sagebrush posted:

I don't know but I do remember the video you're referring to, and it was extremely cursed watching

I had a dream like this once but after going over the cliff I went up instead of down. All I could think was "wow, when I finally do come down this is going to hurt a lot"

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 11, 2021

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8KpbCbOiYQ&t=950s

:magical:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 11, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Steakandchips posted:

Panigale man dumb as gently caress.

Those 2 Harley riders in the 4th video, also sodding stupid. How did they gently caress that turn up so badly?

It's a bit hard to tell from the video but I *think* the first one got tricked by the camber and leaned hard into the corner when the camber was steep enough, especially at the low speed they were doing, to require no lean or even counter-lean (compared to the road surface). The steering did what it was supposed to do and steered with the lean, and off they went. Then I think the second one just target-fixated into following his compadre.

I base this only on the fact that I did this (with a rather less embarassing outcome of just bouncing the tyre off the kerb) when pulling up at a sloping parking space once.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

God dammit every time this gets posted I go on a rant and I'm going to do it again. This person has no business working on machines to the extent that he does. If he can't figure out that you can drain the new oil into a clean pan and re-use it he will never figure his way out of the jams that are ahead without constantly bothering someone else to bail him out. Some people just aren't cut out for it. I, for example, can hammer away on a keyboard but am unlikely to ever write or play Beethoven's Fifth. Fixing something on a bike isn't one problem, it's a series of problems most of which you cannot anticipate.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

How do you own a torque wrench but not know what the clicking sound means? Did he think it would automatically limit the torque to the setting?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It was probably literally the first time he had ever used one and he didn't know what to look for. Maybe he was waiting for a big ka-chunk, maybe he thought it would lock up and stop turning, who knows.

The really notable part to me is that when he breaks one bolt off he pauses, says "okay, I don't know what just happened, but I'm going to do it again and if it happens again then I don't know what I'll do" and proceeds to make the exact same mistake again. No!! When something fucks up you stop and figure out what happened before you do anything else!! Holy poo poo even a six year old can grasp that idea!!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

God dammit every time this gets posted I go on a rant and I'm going to do it again. This person has no business working on machines to the extent that he does. If he can't figure out that you can drain the new oil into a clean pan and re-use it he will never figure his way out of the jams that are ahead without constantly bothering someone else to bail him out. Some people just aren't cut out for it. I, for example, can hammer away on a keyboard but am unlikely to ever write or play Beethoven's Fifth. Fixing something on a bike isn't one problem, it's a series of problems most of which you cannot anticipate.

This has been my experience too. If your brain is wired the right way you will figure most things out with only light assistance. If you need written instructions on how to hold a screwdriver or whatever then it just isn't for you and that's fine, not everyone is practical or technical. It simply isn't possible to pattern train being a good bike mechanic imo.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

It was probably literally the first time he had ever used one and he didn't know what to look for. Maybe he was waiting for a big ka-chunk, maybe he thought it would lock up and stop turning, who knows.

The really notable part to me is that when he breaks one bolt off he pauses, says "okay, I don't know what just happened, but I'm going to do it again and if it happens again then I don't know what I'll do" and proceeds to make the exact same mistake again. No!! When something fucks up you stop and figure out what happened before you do anything else!! Holy poo poo even a six year old can grasp that idea!!

That is the big indicator that he's not cut out for this. Stop. Re-evaluate. How did this happen and how do I not do it again. He doesn't re-evaluate even after the 2nd one breaks, just comes to the same conclusion. Also thread locker on a drain bolt? The gently caress? I've never had to do this with a new crush washer, but I don't work on Italian bikes.

Slavvy posted:

This has been my experience too. If your brain is wired the right way you will figure most things out with only light assistance. If you need written instructions on how to hold a screwdriver or whatever then it just isn't for you and that's fine, not everyone is practical or technical. It simply isn't possible to pattern train being a good bike mechanic imo.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with not having that ability. Being a computer toucher the people that annoy me the most are the Dunning-Krugers who think they can do everything on their own. I know they can't. I'll give them good advice, they'll ignore it and create a worse problem. Then they do nothing to research or solve the issue just call me and knowingly give false information to deflect the blame from themselves. That's what dipshit is doing in that video.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gorson posted:

Yeah there's nothing wrong with not having that ability. Being a computer toucher the people that annoy me the most are the Dunning-Krugers who think they can do everything on their own. I know they can't. I'll give them good advice, they'll ignore it and create a worse problem. Then they do nothing to research or solve the issue just call me and knowingly give false information to deflect the blame from themselves. That's what dipshit is doing in that video.

Everyone said to use a torque wrench so I bought a torque wrench but I don't know how to use it. I looked up the table of degrees and apparently there are M6 bolts on the cover, so I guess there's 6 of them. The number on the chart should match the degrees on the torque wrench, ok, got that, now I crank as hard as I can on it

e: I don't understand how you can create youtube videos and not search youtube for "how to use a torque wrench"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The issue wasn't even really that he didn't know how to use a torque wrench, it's that he threw his whole arm into driving a 2' bar to tighten a piddly little case bolt like a meathead.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You can very clearly hear the torque wrench click in the video, though, after which he gives the bolt about another turn and a half, so yes a big part of it is he doesn't know how to use the tool.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wow guys it's almost as if he makes more money if he fucks it up for views than if he did it right?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Coydog posted:

Wow guys it's almost as if he makes more money if he fucks it up for views than if he did it right?

I don't think he's playing 5th dimensional chess.

I don't want to sound like I'm discouraging people from working on bikes. I've done worse than what Chase did there but I have never EVER called a mechanic to bail me out, especially not to ask for advice (DON'T DO THIS). I figure out where I hosed up and then use my own wits to try to get out of it, and if that doesn't work I use the most powerful tool in the history of the planet to research. It always turns out I used the wrong tool or technique.

His thought process should have moved to: "Ok, I sheared the bolt off, what is left of it? Hey if I remove this cover, I might be able to get a good look at it...." in which case he probably could have got some vice grips on the remainder of the bolt and unthreaded it. At the very least he would be able to see the damage, which is what whoever is going to fix this problem is going to have to do.

Gorson fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 12, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gorson posted:

Even if he was, "haha I made myself look like an idiot for money" is not really a huge win

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Chase on two wheels is pretty much Georgiaman.txt. Also dont worry he and his buddies are opening up their own motorcycle shop to work on bikes.

mewse
May 2, 2006

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Also dont worry he and his buddies are opening up their own motorcycle shop to work on bikes.

What's the worst that could ha-

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

mewse posted:

What's the worst that could ha-

Man if I had a video of myself jumping off a flaming bike at high speed I could quit riding....and just about everything else in life. Career goal.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Oh jesus christ in the video after the broken bolts thing he admits he wasn't checking what units were on the torque wrench he saw 10 and set it to 10

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

The issue wasn't even really that he didn't know how to use a torque wrench, it's that he threw his whole arm into driving a 2' bar to tighten a piddly little case bolt like a meathead.

This is the core of it here. It should be obvious that a gigantic lever on a tiny screw isn't the right way. There are a limited number of explanations for why this might not be obvious.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Atleast Chase learned from breaking the motorcycle more than he fixed it: one of his buddies (Brian) is a certified mechanic at the dealer I bought my bike from (Mountain Motorsports, frequent sponsor) and he even did work on my bike when I brought it in. He ROUTINELY shits all over how dumb Chase is and does almost all of the work on the bikes now while Chase makes faces and color commentary while holding the camera.

Chase is a loving goofball, but at least he found someone that knows what the gently caress he's doing and is paying him to do it.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gorson posted:

I don't want to sound like I'm discouraging people from working on bikes. I've done worse than what Chase did there but I have never EVER called a mechanic to bail me out, especially not to ask for advice (DON'T DO THIS). I figure out where I hosed up and then use my own wits to try to get out of it, and if that doesn't work I use the most powerful tool in the history of the planet to research. It always turns out I used the wrong tool or technique.

His thought process should have moved to: "Ok, I sheared the bolt off, what is left of it? Hey if I remove this cover, I might be able to get a good look at it...." in which case he probably could have got some vice grips on the remainder of the bolt and unthreaded it. At the very least he would be able to see the damage, which is what whoever is going to fix this problem is going to have to do.

I'm not defending that irredeemable idiot sack of poo poo (who thinks redlining a brand new engine is good for it). Its just that you guys are going on insular arguments about the finer points of torque wrenches and posting links to his videos and he just makes money from that. He doesn't care. He is an idiot shameless motovlogger who gets paid per view and has no reason to care about anything.

I stopped watching motovloggers years ago when I realized they just make up poo poo to fill air time and get clicks. Fooligan went from fun dude to harassing people in public for views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

mewse posted:

Oh jesus christ in the video after the broken bolts thing he admits he wasn't checking what units were on the torque wrench he saw 10 and set it to 10

So the first time I used a torque wrench I nearly made this exact mistake. I'd found what I needed online, but shipping was expensive so I ended up buying (what I thought was) the same thing on a trip to an unfamiliar city where I was already in a rush and stressed out, and then life happened and I didn't end up using it for a couple of weeks.

So I'd set it and put the socket on it and put the socket on the bolt and I was starting to turn it and something about the whole situation made my brain start screaming You know you're a fuckwit, right? You do know that? Ok, so given that you know that, why not just double check everything here? and yeah, gently caress, wrong units, whole wrong size wrench in fact.