Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

I think, as has been demonstrates, neither console really needs a title to sell it at the moment.
Yeah lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Barudak posted:

I think, as has been demonstrates, neither console really needs a title to sell it at the moment.

Yeah this is the factor no one predicted in the exclusives/launch titles conversation. It makes the Halo Infinite delay seem wiser and wiser every day - by the time that's actually available there might be consoles to buy.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

There'll be a live thing in a couple of hours regarding the Xbox/Bethesda union.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJneU_qBMPM

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I like that Flight Sim Plane has joined Forza Car as a Xbox mascot.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
They have been pretty clear on twitter that we should not expect announcements or anything too exciting.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just wanna see what Game Pass looks like now.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

I just tried Journey to the Savage Planet, also on game pass. I think this would be a very fun game with a friend, but playing it solo didn't do much for me. It looks good though, and it's a funny game.

I've been enjoying most of it, but the what little combat there is seems to be complete rear end. Does it ever get better?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The Diddler posted:

I've been enjoying most of it, but the what little combat there is seems to be complete rear end. Does it ever get better?

No not really. I enjoyed the game for the most part... my biggest annoyance was that the humor didn't really persist throughout the game. Just in the ship at the beginning.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

The Diddler posted:

The combat pretty much boils down to shoot pistol at things. Later on you may have to throw a specific type of grenade at enemies to shoot them, or dodge then stun and shoot. But it's not really that deep. It's more of a Banjo Kazooie type game where you are collecting a lot of different things, unlocking new abilities to explore new places so that you can collect more things.

I myself enjoyed it. It was pretty chill, graphics were solid and varied, the humor worked most of the time, and it doesn't overstay its welcome. Definitely not a deep or interesting combat experience though.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I wonder what games they're gonna put on game pass. Maybe I'll finally try evil within.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

I wonder what games they're gonna put on game pass. Maybe I'll finally try evil within.

1 is kinda weird. Worth checking out but very rough.
2 is much more of a re4 style game and is very enjoyable

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theyre not gonna port the Doom RPGs so all I can hope for is Evil Within

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Barudak posted:

Theyre not gonna port the Doom RPGs

Hexen got a modern console release? :D

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Hexen got a modern console release? :D

I would take that, but Barudak's power ranking of bethesda games goes

Doom RPG 2
Orcs and Elves (DS)
Wolfenstein RPG
Doom RPG
Orcs and Elves (Phone)
Rest of Bethesda Catalog

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway - worth €4?

Barudak posted:

Theyre not gonna port the Doom RPGs so all I can hope for is Evil Within

Doom RPG 1 and 2 were loving amazing, I used to play them loads on my brother's iPod.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Doom RPG 1 and 2 were loving amazing, I used to play them loads on my brother's iPod.
Lol I played a lot of Doom RPG on my phone before iPhones. That and watching episodes of Spongebob were the best use of that phone during my university days, I certainly wasn't using it to talk to anybody.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1370075270368092160

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

From tomorrow, 20 Bethesda games will land on game pass. News just out on the livestream.

edit: beaten somehow!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"Every type of game you can imagine. RPGs, first person shooters.... All kinds of games"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure like 12 of those games are already on Game Pass currently, but I'll be downloading Doom 64 for sure.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

elf help book posted:

"Every type of game you can imagine. RPGs, first person shooters.... All kinds of games"

Sick, I love games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder what Bethesda will be doing with Quake Champions, it's a Steam only game, but its been in early access for like 3 years now and gotten zero support because only a handful of people are ever playing it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

said fps boost coming to a bunch of games too although they i guess didnt technically announce that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Where the hell is The Evil Within 2??

Dammit Bethesda I will not be Lunar'd over here. Also my save from my original xbox playthrough of Morrowind had better still work

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

re: quake champions

I liked it enough at one point that I even paid money for the pack to unlock all the champions. Then the player base dried up or something because it would take longer to find a match than a match lasts and I gave up on it.

It scratched an itch to just fast pace shoot man's for no reason.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Guess I'll try prey as well now that I've paid for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

owls or something posted:

re: quake champions

I liked it enough at one point that I even paid money for the pack to unlock all the champions. Then the player base dried up or something because it would take longer to find a match than a match lasts and I gave up on it.

It scratched an itch to just fast pace shoot man's for no reason.

I still play it but only against bots. Even with custom matches though, one of the nice things is that you can still earn experience and unlock the season pass levels. So the game is really generous in that regard, and the devs that are still left working on it, realize that not many people are playing it anymore. I am hoping with Microsoft purchasing Bethesda, maybe some more money will be pumped into Quake Champions. I think people though just do not really care for arena shooters anymore. If I was ID Software however, I would work on remaking all of the deathmatch maps from Quake 1 - 3 for Champion.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway - worth €4?
Yes

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
when is DoomRL coming to xbox

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fully half of that list is already on gamepass, if not more.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure like 12 of those games are already on Game Pass currently, but I'll be downloading Doom 64 for sure.

A few of them are only on Console and now will be on PC.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

One of the comments Phil Spencer made is that Bethesda games will be exclusive on platforms with gamepass.

Kind of sounds like Microsoft wants to bring gamepass everywhere possible.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

graventy posted:

Fully half of that list is already on gamepass, if not more.
8/20 actually, so less than half.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

American McGay posted:

8/20 actually, so less than half.

Fair enough. I think some of them (fallout 4? prey?) rotated out recently.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doom64 owns, get on that poo poo ASAP if you haven't played it.
Same with Prey, it's not like Prey on 360, it's basically System Shock 3. Great game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

think i remember hearing something about prey having hosed up fps or something? or loading times? should do one of these quick series optimizations imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Prey plays much better on PC than console, but either way the game itself is great.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

think i remember hearing something about prey having hosed up fps or something? or loading times? should do one of these quick series optimizations imo

AFAIK the only major problem was input latency on PS4, which has since been patched. Load times can get pretty bad but it's only a big deal at the end of the game when you're traversing zones more often. Not sure what impact an SSD has.

I said come in! posted:

Prey plays much better on PC than console, but either way the game itself is great.

Yeah it's worth suffering through the load times, it's an awesome game. I played through on PS4 and had a blast.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!
I just played through Prey on my SX and really enjoyed it. Didn’t really notice any technical glitches. I also cranked the difficulty way low because it was much more fun exploring the game than engaging in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My “X-enhanced” wishlist is MGSV and Dark Souls 3. Both of which will never happen