Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lmaoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK I finished one act of Loop Hero, I think it's starting to grow on me

Well yeah, I mean he's tossing spaghetti, who does that

Act 2 was very tough until i unlocked some stuff so abort those runs whenever it gets dicey

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
marvin debate tech lololo

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Real hurthling! posted:

Act 2 was very tough until i unlocked some stuff so abort those runs whenever it gets dicey

I feel like they very much would like you to play as a specific class for that boss

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I have many threads I read to be sad, and this is the one I read to be happy and y'all are really messing up my ratios right now

sorry friend, hope this helps

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

sorry friend, hope this helps

Yes. Good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nobody:

chris roberts: HEY YALL ITS CHRIS ROBERTS HERE AND WE hosed UP AgAIN

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1370051913153048581

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CubeTheory posted:

I have many threads I read to be sad, and this is the one I read to be happy and y'all are really messing up my ratios right now

I wanna get back to pearl clutching over thighs imo

I bought Loop Hero last night and got to the end of the first loop with a few HP left after building almost nothing at camp. I was like hell yeah this rules. And then something terrible happened to me

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We're twenty years behind schedule but by loving God I expect you to make up a couple of weeks of work.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

nobody:

jesus christ

quote:

According to sources, upper management explained that executives simply weren’t aware of how dire the situation in Austin had gotten, and by the time they found out, the week was already over.

what exactly is your job, as an executive of a company, if you are completely unaware of how an unprecedented natural disaster, which was in the news constantly for days and days, is affecting your own company??? what the gently caress were these guys doing???

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We have to change the whole " " " " roadmap " " " " now thanks a lot Texas.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i missed a week of work and that was the most boring annoying cold vacation of all time. on the grey side the natural disaster let me defer my state student loan a month.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh hey it's every Aunt on Facebook.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
whatever happened to those banner ads and games about punching a monkey or goerge bush?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

whatever happened to those banner ads and games about punching a monkey or goerge bush?

i think they just fell out of favor once people got tired of clicking on them. the company that made those is now owned by verizon. blog rants about the monkey punching banner ads circa 2000-01 are some of the earliest artifacts i can remember of people being sick of the web's poo poo. if only they knew how bad it would get

Weedle
May 31, 2006

good article about good game music guy oliver deriviere

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-09-understanding-musics-eclectic-daredevil-olivier-deriviere

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
I played the FF7 Remake and it really made me want to play the original again so I loaded it up and man. Seeing those lovely little block characters was one hell of a wave of nostalgia.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

rudy guiliani is the reason dennis miller went insane

I used to like Dennis.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Weedle posted:

i think they just fell out of favor once people got tired of clicking on them. the company that made those is now owned by verizon. blog rants about the monkey punching banner ads circa 2000-01 are some of the earliest artifacts i can remember of people being sick of the web's poo poo. if only they knew how bad it would get

its crazy to think there was a company behind them, like, yeah that obviously has to be a thing, but still imagining someone in an office with a tie on having meetings about the effectiveness of these obnoxious banners or new ideas for things to punch etc is lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

I used to like Dennis.

Babe
Babe
Babe
Babe

I used to like him too :j:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

nobody:

Chris Roberts is actually barely even on the team anymore, he left the project pretty much back in 2018 to do small TV shows and movies in Hollywood. He still sucks up all of the backer funded money though, almost none of it goes towards Star Citizen cause otherwise the game would be near completion seeing as its been in development since 2012 and is still in pre-alpha. The only time he reared his head was back in 2020 to tell people to stop making fun of him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Speaking of companies treating their employees like poo poo Capcom forced its staff to work in the office at the height of the COVID pandemic

PC Gamer posted:

It's been roughly a year since Covid-19 took over our lives. While it isn't worst-affected by the global pandemic, the games industry has struggled to adapt to the necessity of remote work. But this January, in the face of Japan posting some of its highest case figures, Capcom reportedly forced employees to continue clocking into the publisher's Osaka office.

Speaking to Japanese outlet Business Journal (via Kotaku), a Capcom whistle-blower said that employees were "forced to come to work" even as the government declared a state of emergency in parts of the country, including Osaka. According to a leaked internal email, it appears Capcom was so spooked by last year's ransomware attack that it has decided to cut off remote work.

"In view of this situation, we decided that we had to temporarily abandon the use of the remote system, which we had been preparing for verification by many people, and have to go to work," an email sent to the development department read (via Google Translate).

A message from a senior executive also allegedly read: "70% of Japan is at home, but 30% come to work to support the Japanese economy. We have a mission to support the Japanese economy as 30%"

In response, a Capcom spokesperson told Business Journal that it had implemented several measures to ensure office safety by enforcing social distancing, mask use, temperature checks and staggered work hours. The report notes that Capcom's actions aren't a clear breach of the country's Labor Standards Act, but the source notes that the pandemic has only exacerbated reportedly poor working conditions at Capcom.

Workers who refuse to enter the office are seemingly faced with employment restrictions, or placed on standby at home without work. Capcom reportedly seems to be making remote work as unappealing as possible, with one source saying: "In some cases, it seems as if they are being urged to retire."

In January, Capcom reported that the data leak affected just under 400,000 people, though payment details and game servers were unaffected. It's easy to see why management would be spooked, especially as the industry at large grapples with the reality of remote work. But by and large, they've made it work—all without bringing developers into a potential infection hotspot.

PC Gamer has reached out to Capcom for comment.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
:smith:

I love Resident Evil but don't want people to suffer to make it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i guess haruhiro tsujimoto is president evil

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, no wonder someone leaked their development files. I would've been pissed about that, too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, no wonder someone leaked their development files. I would've been pissed about that, too.

It wasn't an internal leak, but an external hack, and Capcom bringing their staff back into the office was a direct result of that hack, so you're backwards.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Weedle posted:

i guess haruhiro tsujimoto is president evil

you know in japan they call him..b-bio..uh d-diethazard

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Waffleman_ posted:

It wasn't an internal leak, but an external hack, and Capcom bringing their staff back into the office was a direct result of that hack, so you're backwards.
Ah, sorry. The article said something about a whistleblower at Capcoms, so I mistook that for being about the same thing.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/1370056962143096835

I'm ready to be hurt again.

So besides LiS and obviously the Horizon sequel what do you think they're going to show?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Square doesn't publish Horizon. Still cool news about LiS3, although everybody knew it was coming.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The list of what they're going to show is right in the tweet, isn't it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The only mystery thing in that list is from their mobile division so I'm gonna not bother getting excited.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I didn't know there was a Japan exclusive Sega CD Shadowrun (notably, it was the last Sega CD game to be released)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

they're further reworking avengers so that leveling is now accomplished through redemption codes found in limited edition avengers comic books and pepsi-cola products

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Harrow posted:

The list of what they're going to show is right in the tweet, isn't it?

It's more of a is there going to be any suprises/any actual gameplay footage question really

Weedle posted:

they're further reworking avengers so that leveling is now accomplished through redemption codes found in limited edition avengers comic books and pepsi-cola products

Don't give them ideas

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
After 16 years there's finally a new Arab Strap record.

The second song is a spoken piece about a husband jerking off to jpegs of his wife from when she was younger, which he has hidden deep in folders on an external HD

Classic. Really good album so far, halfway through.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I loved LiS1 and liked 2 a lot I wonder what the superpower will be

idk if i should be worried by dontnods other projects recently apparently being bad (tell me why/twin mirror but I don't really know anything about them)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Wow! Marvel’s Avengers! Just Cause Mobile! Balan Wonderland! Calling in sick to watch this, it’s gonna be crazy!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Help Im Alive posted:

I loved LiS1 and liked 2 a lot I wonder what the superpower will be

idk if i should be worried by dontnods other projects recently apparently being bad (tell me why/twin mirror but I don't really know anything about them)

Supposedly LiS3 is being developed by Deck Nine, who did Before the Storm. Rumors are that its lead is an Asian-American girl named Alex who can read minds. "True Colors" was the working title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rinkles posted:

I didn't know there was a Japan exclusive Sega CD Shadowrun (notably, it was the last Sega CD game to be released)

Tim Rogers played all the Shadowrun games including that one for his Cyberpunk review, so I'm hoping for an hour long tangent on this, game looks rad