Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

watch planetes you loving losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

planetes is some good poo poo

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Southpaugh posted:

This just got posted in the berserk thread in adtrw and well, its cspam material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INiLyUnYONE

lol at the prologue too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xvOYzUblZs

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Island of Giant Insects has both islands and giant insects

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

liking wonder egg so far, v breezy show about female teenage friendships and survivor’s guilt

i take it the spider anime is the other must watch non-shonen of the season?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Spider anime is fun.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Planetes manga is better and a more sober/grim depiction of space exploration.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the manga is always better. and thats a fact jack

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Island of Giant Insects has both islands and giant insects

It's also terrible.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Planetes is actually pretty goddamn CSPAM when you think about it. I watched it so long ago, I didn't even really think about some of the things it was talking about. In this show, oil reserves dried up and humanity moved to fusion powered by helium-3 from the moon. Several characters are from wartorn and poverty-stricken countries that have basically been left in chaos due to the radical shift in the power balance, and the first-world countries are basically just selling them arms and starting 'peacekeeping' actions. The rich get to reap the rewards of space while much of humanity is kept in poverty.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

ghost in the shell was my first anime besides kiki's delivery service and totoro (which pwn) and when i later joined the air force and realized it had a lot more to say than 'wow cool cyberpunk' i was slightly thrown for a loop lol.

that was a pretty brutal self own

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Southpaugh posted:

This just got posted in the berserk thread in adtrw and well, its cspam material.

Bless you for bring this from the depths of ADTRW.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
watch Laid Back Camp you freakin goons

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I watched all of Akudama Drive over the last couple of days and thought it was very good. It went off in as much different direction than I was thinking after the first couple episodes, but I really enjoyed it all the way through the end.

Might try to check out the spider anime now for a change of pace.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Declan MacManus posted:

liking wonder egg so far, v breezy show about female teenage friendships and survivor’s guilt

i take it the spider anime is the other must watch non-shonen of the season?

spider anime is def shonen but its like 90% aoi yuki talking to herself, its great. she goes so loving hard with the ED too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eciJ-ercyPU

full version also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqbgn3SvmU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The show of the season is Pui Pui Molcar and if you disagree you're just wrong.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robo Reagan posted:

that was a pretty brutal self own

ya

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Substandard posted:

I watched all of Akudama Drive over the last couple of days and thought it was very good. It went off in as much different direction than I was thinking after the first couple episodes, but I really enjoyed it all the way through the end.

Might try to check out the spider anime now for a change of pace.

agreedo, that is also one good amine

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Southpaugh posted:

Lol at the turtle

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Maya Fey posted:

nope. scryed. which is also leftist, in an anarchic fashion

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Relin posted:

nope. scryed. which is also leftist, in an anarchic fashion

Manga based on anime are almost always worse than the anime they're based on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
scryed had what i can only describe as a dadaist fighting manga. its existence is downright baffling.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Maya Fey posted:

yu yu hakusho

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I don't think the manga is always better. yeah the art is better but given how loving still most anime is atmosphere and music play a big role imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I'm sure the Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken manga is good. But I can't imagine it's as good as the anime.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Augus posted:

yu yu hakusho

but what if you listen to smile bomb while you read it

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

paranoia agent was good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
We need a remake of Evangelion that stays true to Anno's character designs

https://twitter.com/annocinema/status/1369483303745622017?s=20

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The Japanese miracle thing in GITS makes no sense. I get that it gave Japan leverage after the war, but now that nuclear weapons are less of a deterrent you would expect some of the countries to be nuking the poo poo out of each other.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
They did. They had a nuclear WW3 and then non nuclear WW4 in the sac continuity at least.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I like the spider anniemay more than the spider manga - the episodes are already past the point where I got bored of reading endless leveling up and skill descriptions.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

grate deceiver posted:

I like the spider anniemay more than the spider manga - the episodes are already past the point where I got bored of reading endless leveling up and skill descriptions.

the manga cuts some stuff that i feel like really hurts the story, LN is the way to go imo

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
after reading chapter 21 of chainsaw man, I have to wonder if there is a single character in this manga that isn't a total fuckup loser.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

after reading chapter 21 of chainsaw man, I have to wonder if there is a single character in this manga that isn't a total fuckup loser.

at that point, no.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Casey Finnigan posted:

Power is incredibly cool and good and extremely talented and successful

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Why is everyone trying to gaslight me by saying kaguya is any good

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kit Walker posted:

Power is incredibly cool and good and extremely talented and successful

Yeah, she's gonna win a Nobel Prize!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

redsniper posted:

They did. They had a nuclear WW3 and then non nuclear WW4 in the sac continuity at least.

I think the Japanese Miracle came about in the aftermath of WW3. As in, apparently the world overcame their fear of nuclear weapons and had a firefight with them, and only Japan had the technology to clean up the mess. Then they had a WW4 with no nuclear weapons... Seems backwards. Makes more sense for the technology to arrive and then have a nuclear exchange.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Maya Fey posted:

I dunno, dude, yyh is a good example. another one is trigun, one of my fav shows. tried to read the manga and couldnt understand wtf is going on. that author just isnt great at conveying things imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Makima seems pretty on the ball.