Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
i was playing a full reset facility today and i guess i really didn't realize how likely clerks are to panic, because one of them was just doing their own thing when punishing bird breached, saw the bird, instantly went into a panic and shot themself.

next day was angela's cutscene about how we had our first employee death, which felt fitting. in loving memory of clerk. saw a bird and died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the slowdown in updates gave the translators a chance to work on The Distortion Detective again. eight new chapters just went up, we're only four behind now. Glad to see it because ch. 37 has a little to do with the contents of (mid-Star of the City) R Corp's books.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Finally finished end game content using page locked teams. When you are forced to fight with scraps I found the three-headed dude to be the most tedious and frustrating fight alongside the dnd die head guy. Any opinions about end game fights?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I'll probably have more refined opinions once I get through the fight (I'm not doing it til they open up rewards, since I don't wanna risk doing it twice), but for the moment I feel like they may not reimplement page locking.

In which case it's basically just a really cool challenge run.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've done the encounter with page locking at this point due to terminal boredom and it's way too punishing in its current state, I think. Like it's definitely doable, but I needed cheeto-factory levels of cheese, netdecks, and for two of the floors to restart until I got lucky early. I'll admit I'm not actually great at this game, but I'm pretty sure I'm about in the middle of the pack, and if they just reimplement the lock with no other changes a lot of the playerbase is going to have a bad time.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Pagelock should be an optional challenge that gives some kind of reward. A page drop multiplier would be the simplest, a unique bragging rights keypage (Phillip's Keypage?) would be the most interesting.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think page lock would be fine if there was an actual like, tier of regular Impurity fights instead of just the one. Without ultra-optimization and fully exploiting gimmicks like Tiphxodia, Liu, Thumb and Cane pages really fall off and cogs were never worth using anyways.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

just make them easier. they're supposed to be strong through friendship and teamwork, they don't all need to be colored fixer-level threats on their own.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Pagelock is back in today's patch but with a twist: Pages unlock once you clear all three encounters in a tier (lower middle and upper). Plus, unique stuff now drops from every encounter at a one-off 100% chance!

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Hands or hips?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
my vote is for hands, because she is 100% that kind of dramatic "wearing my coat as a cloak" type. she just has that vibe.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MinutePirateBug posted:

Hands or hips?

I c ould've sworn I posted about this earlier and other people said hands while I'm pretty sure it's hips.

Obnoxipus posted:

my vote is for hands, because she is 100% that kind of dramatic "wearing my coat as a cloak" type. she just has that vibe.

I totally agree, except that would mean she's standing with her arms 100% glued to her side which is reallllly weird even for Binah.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It's Tiphereth B hiding under Binah's coat. :v:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

you can see the shading indicating a separate finger, its almost certainly hands, unless she's got some wild clothing choices on under that cloak

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
It's quite clearly hands, though the thought of Binah just casually wearing some ridiculous get-up of a long button down dress except with inexplicable hip cutouts is pretty funny :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Mother of God. Try this, if you're caught up on receptions and want a deck to mess around with. This engine is horrifying.

(Take Battle Ready or Respiration instead of Mind Hauler if you like to live dangerously)

Morphogenic96
Oct 30, 2013

Ugh, suffered my first defeat against the puppets, pretty much just because I didn't think I'd need to build a third floor. A couple of puppets got through and naturally tore through the default librarians like wet tissue paper.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

In the future, I'm pretty sure you can equip key pages and build decks straight from that setup screen? You click on the key page they have equipped and you can select another, and I think even mess with their deck?

Might be worth trying if it happens again.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Wonderlab is winding down and god drat it loving hits hard.

also I'm kicking myself for not realizing Taii was the real protagonist all the long, comic did a good job redirecting

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's weird how the uninvited guests fight has the hardest and easiest fights paired together for last.

TeeQueue posted:

In the future, I'm pretty sure you can equip key pages and build decks straight from that setup screen? You click on the key page they have equipped and you can select another, and I think even mess with their deck?

Might be worth trying if it happens again.

I think that was just added.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh wow, this game. I’m pretty sure I refunded it partly because of the lovely translation, and partly because the game was obtuse and annoying enough to be unfun.

By all accounts it’s actually fairly interesting, story/development-wise, but I ain’t gonna play it. Any recommendations for an LP that cuts out the toil and streamlines it?

Edit: a lot of people talk about how you should go in totally blind, but is that a gameplay-specific thing, or a story thing?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 19, 2021

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the one happening in the LP forum right now is pretty popular

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

Oh wow, this game. I’m pretty sure I refunded it partly because of the lovely translation, and partly because the game was obtuse and annoying enough to be unfun.

By all accounts it’s actually fairly interesting, story/development-wise, but I ain’t gonna play it. Any recommendations for an LP that cuts out the toil and streamlines it?

Edit: a lot of people talk about how you should go in totally blind, but is that a gameplay-specific thing, or a story thing?

Bit of both, really.

LC is very much based in trial and error gameplay, though LoR is much more generous about that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

138 pages oh god :shepicide: I guess I’ll get to reading. I hope it’s finishing up by now.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Pollyanna posted:

138 pages oh god :shepicide: I guess I’ll get to reading. I hope it’s finishing up by now.

The LP is nearly done, just another 5 days worth of gameplay.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

45-50 to go, and then just wrap up.

Of every abnormality we haven’t seen yet.

Like it’s a manic 90s work instructional video.

:shepface:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TeeQueue posted:

45-50 to go, and then just wrap up.

Of every abnormality we haven’t seen yet.

Like it’s a manic 90s work instructional video.

:shepface:

Oh I really hope the button is the final abnormality you show off now.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Bruh I have a truly amazing shitpost planned for the button.

Like, I can’t wait. :allears:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As long as it doesn't delay the LoR LP. :colbert:

I decided I'd rather wait until you started yours to think about starting one myself, it's important LP honor. Or something.

(teequeue's LP is good even if you've played the game, check it out)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Oh the shitpost is already plotted out and I have everything I need but ingame footage. Worst case scenario I’ll just skip trying to murder Day 49 without losing anyone before moving to LoR.

Because that was a :shepface: idea anyways.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

TeeQueue posted:

Oh the shitpost is already plotted out and I have everything I need but ingame footage. Worst case scenario I’ll just skip trying to murder Day 49 without losing anyone before moving to LoR.

Because that was a :shepface: idea anyways.

My restart count bet was based entirely on you stating you will do this, don't you dare :colbert:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
RIP Pluto death-blender decks, March 2021--March 2021. The archetype is survived by its loving family, Happy Memories Malkuth and Rapid Gashes Yujin.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

CHiRAL posted:

My restart count bet was based entirely on you stating you will do this, don't you dare :colbert:

TeeQueue posted:

:siren::frogsiren:Guess how high the Retry count will be when we beat the game, and win Ultimate Bragging Rights!!!:frogsiren::siren:

I have some bad news, that run will be post-beating the game, because our current facility literally can’t do day 49 without deaths. The order lag makes it impossible. orz

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

RIP Pluto death-blender decks, March 2021--March 2021. The archetype is survived by its loving family, Happy Memories Malkuth and Rapid Gashes Yujin.

You meant they fixed reflecting damage to him, or something else?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

TeeQueue posted:

I have some bad news, that run will be post-beating the game, because our current facility literally can’t do day 49 without deaths. The order lag makes it impossible. orz

My potential bragging rights! :cry:
(I'm sure it will be a good read either way)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

You meant they fixed reflecting damage to him, or something else?

The rewards from that reception were patched silently this morning.

The page he drops used to have a passive that might as well have read "+2 light gained per turn" and enabled you to vomit gigantic combat pages, but has been patched to have an effect which is admittedly more thematic and much, much less overpowered. Plus, some of the other rewards got buffed/added--the Blue Sicko's engine is extremely powerful and consistent now, Overspeed has a lot of potential in a Happy Memories deck, Crimson Claws is just a generically really good card, you get two copies of Ever-Spinning Gearwheel, and you get a full playset of Suspicious Contract which might make discard decks actually kinda good.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

The rewards from that reception were patched silently this morning.

The page he drops used to have a passive that might as well have read "+2 light gained per turn" and enabled you to vomit gigantic combat pages, but has been patched to have an effect which is admittedly more thematic and much, much less overpowered. Plus, some of the other rewards got buffed/added--the Blue Sicko's engine is extremely powerful and consistent now, Overspeed has a lot of potential in a Happy Memories deck, Crimson Claws is just a generically really good card, you get two copies of Ever-Spinning Gearwheel, and you get a full playset of Suspicious Contract which might make discard decks actually kinda good.

Key page? Never used it, though I heard people thought it was better now.

Discard decks were already pretty good with Impugnato Ultima + Brace Up.

Nice that Argalia is good now, he was a total joke originally. I don't think Overspeed is worth it, though. It has higher individual dice, but lower actual damage output than Divinatory Impact. Granted, a target is more likely to resist a hit from DI than both hits from Overspeed.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Overspeed has taken over Onrush as “card you put into red mist that you keep telling yourself you’ll play but instead just spam 0 cost draw cards forever.”

When you’re using strongest/prowess and those dice are getting a +11 it’s kind of beautifully disgusting. :allears:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if in the current build of LoR it's possible to make it into Impuritas without having done the Atziluth realizations? A friend of mine is playing through the game right now and it strikes me that Apocalypse Bird is probably a lot more doable with Divinatory Impact and Unyielding Strike in your decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
IIRC you only need the library at level 48 to reach Impuritas which doesn't actually require any realization.