Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Booger Presley posted:

I hate flight sims but I would love that just to look around! Please tell me it's not a gamefake.

I have bad news for your friendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don’t see why it would be fake. That’s literally how VR works

Like I said though that’s a monster of a PC to make DCS run like that in VR.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Booger Presley posted:

I hate flight sims but I would love that just to look around! Please tell me it's not a gamefake.

If you have an obscenely powerful computer, yes, that's real. The game is DCS and I'm sadly not enough of a fan of it to recognize which plane that is. The green square things and joystick are things I've got.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The jet is an f18

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The jet is an f18

power crystals is informing me that I've been learning to fly on the f18 and I now feel like a fool for not recognizing my own drat jet. I blame the paintscheme. :negative:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

VR is not very immersive because if you stick your head through the canopy in real life it will be a lot more noticeable.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

StrixNebulosa posted:

If you have an obscenely powerful computer, yes, that's real. The game is DCS and I'm sadly not enough of a fan of it to recognize which plane that is. The green square things and joystick are things I've got.

What are those green square thingies, anyway?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The ones on the table correspond to the multi function displays in the cockpit, they have buttons around the edge to change what's on them, so they have a ring of the same buttons on the table.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

OwlFancier posted:

VR is not very immersive because if you stick your head through the canopy in real life it will be a lot more noticeable.

Can't get anything past you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

The next generation of VR will be able to cut your head off if you put it where you shouldn’t.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpPc8hhoWI

I love watching people gently caress around in VR 'breaking the fourth wall' kind of stuff.

I saw one video of a guy playing a sword fighting game and he had a friend take one of the controllers and stand in front of him waving the 'sword' back and forth killing the enemies before they got close enough to hit him.

Also, one famous clip that I can't find right now, of a guy playing a poker game where he just knelt down and looked under the table and was able to see everyone's cards. It was a single player game and not for real money, so he wasn't doing anything bad, just being silly.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The next generation of VR will be able to cut your head off if you put it where you shouldn’t.

I've been hearing that this and self driving cars are just around the corner my entire adult life. I'll believe it when I see it/have my skull sheared in twain.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Bloop posted:

I enjoyed the matrix sequels

I don't need something to be perfect to enjoy the good parts of it. The bad parts weren't even that bad, just baffling

:same:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There's a Matrix 4 coming in December, with a beardy Neo and everything. No idea how that'll work out.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm expecting the 4th Matrix movie to reveal Zion is just another simulation and that's how Neo was able to affect the sentinels at the end of The Matrix Reloaded.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm expecting the 4th Matrix movie to reveal Zion is just another simulation and that's how Neo was able to affect the sentinels at the end of The Matrix Reloaded.

I'm really hoping for this too

I thought that was a great twist ending

And then

:what:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ragnar34 posted:

There's a Matrix 4 coming in December, with a beardy Neo and everything. No idea how that'll work out.

So they're skipping straight to 4? Or were the John Wick movies stealth Matrix sequels?

And is Johnny Mnemonic a Matrix prequel? Is Cyberpunk 2077 part of the extended universe? AND THEY HAD BETTER FIT IN CGI GEORGE CARLIN AND HIS AMERICAN TARDIS, DAMMIT.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Screaming Idiot posted:

So they're skipping straight to 4? Or were the John Wick movies stealth Matrix sequels?

And is Johnny Mnemonic a Matrix prequel? Is Cyberpunk 2077 part of the extended universe? AND THEY HAD BETTER FIT IN CGI GEORGE CARLIN AND HIS AMERICAN TARDIS, DAMMIT.
You uh... know there were three Matrix movies don't you..?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone knows the watch order is The Matrix > Even Cowgirls Get The Blues > My Own Private Idaho

With Matrix 4 finalizing Neo's rule of his new potato empire

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Cable Guy posted:

You uh... know there were three Matrix movies don't you..?

I've only ever seen the dezionized fan edit that mashed the last two together and took out most of the weird junk.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yaffle posted:

I've only ever seen the dezionized fan edit that mashed the last two together and took out most of the weird junk.

lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There is only one Watchowski on Matrix 4? Not sure how I feel about that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There is only one Watchowski on Matrix 4? Not sure how I feel about that.

Shouldn't they be a Watchowskus then? Or is this a case where the plural and singular is the same like with 'sheep'?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Actually, Watchowski is an incorrect plural that kindergarten teachers keep perpetuating. The correct plural of Watchowskus is Watchowskodes, but Watchowskuses is fine too.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Who watches the Watchkowskuses?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Detective Thompson posted:

Who watches the Watchkowskuses?

I do. I enjoy their work, even if it can get messy & weird. Like Sense8, Speed Racer, or Jupiter Ascending.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Watchowskoi, surely?

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass
Directors Wachowski

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Come on.

Watchowskii

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Come on.

Watchowskii

Listen bud, I enjoyed parts of Watchowskii and Watchowskiii when I was a teenager so don't you dare point out their glaring flaws.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Come on.

Watchowskii

It's rude to imply that twins are clones

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Come on.

Watchowskii

Sounds like an instruction video for spending time at the snow.

Watch How Skiing

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
A weird skiing instructional video in a broken Welsh dialect: Watch 'ow Ski, aye

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That reminds me of the recent documentary, Prey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N0a1ioNpfU&t=56s

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I do. I enjoy their work, even if it can get messy & weird. Like Sense8, Speed Racer, or Jupiter Ascending.

Cloud Atlas.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/samgerrits/status/1373741014133923843?s=20

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Breath of the Wild 2 looks dope

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I tried to parse the second tweet as English, and thought I was having a stroke.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lady Disdain posted:

I tried to parse the second tweet as English, and thought I was having a stroke.

Same. I literally said "oh it's not english" out loud to my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/lImt22A.mp4