Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I like the way all the different big and small players intermingle here, it helps me stay aware of stuff I'd otherwise probably miss. A thread refresh might be a good idea, tho? Collect all the different ways you can watch women's wrestling (free / paid), have short write-ups for the promotions maybe?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The Hana Kimura memorial show tickets went on sale at midnight and sold out before 9am

:unsmith:

SG Bamboo posted:

Can you fine folks please point me towards some good Nao Kakuta matches? When I was looking at the Max Heart finals card she was the only person that made me think 'I have no idea who this person is', despite her being on a bunch of cards this year I know i've seen. She has made no impression on me in the two months i've been following TJPW, is it the same for anyone else?

How about this 2019 match against Tae Honma from Actwres girl'Z?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

we could make a new one if someone wants to write an OP

forkboy should do it imo (if he's up for it)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

forkboy should do it imo (if he's up for it)

A voltron of everyone doing a write-up on their favorite women's wrestling source would be cool, and not require someone to commit to doing a write-up for every promotion.

Really, I'd just want the women's promotions from forkboy's puro thread posts reposted here and I'd be happy, but a thread refresh is probably a good idea.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i mostly just meant someone to cover STARDOM/sendai girls/marvelous/ice ribbon and stuff since I basically only watch tjpw and occasionally other shows. We could also maybe form a wrestleuniverse voltron thread and have a seperate joshi thread.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

A Wrestleuniverse thread would make a lot of sense. Do those other promotions even do much live streams?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Pylons posted:

A Wrestleuniverse thread would make a lot of sense. Do those other promotions even do much live streams?

some of them are on niconico iirc but I think marvelous does ppv's?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, YMZ has adopted the ChocoPro model to some degree (maybe more if Yoneyama gets the taste for loving with her trainees by doing early morning shows that Emi Sakura has developed), and there is always a Diana live stream that I am aware of basically too late to be able to watch because I'm either super tired or busy with other things. Or at least that's how it seems. And that is just YouTube stuff I am aware of.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

karmicknight posted:

A voltron of everyone doing a write-up on their favorite women's wrestling source would be cool, and not require someone to commit to doing a write-up for every promotion.

Really, I'd just want the women's promotions from forkboy's puro thread posts reposted here and I'd be happy, but a thread refresh is probably a good idea.

I meant forkboy should do the puro thread OP, I didn't realise he included joshi promotions too :v:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

A Wrestle Universe thread might lead to more eyes on DDT and Noah.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hey thanks for this, it was a fun match. Makes me wonder what i've been overlooking with Nao in TJPW, she had some real cool looking kicks in this and i'm a sucker for that

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1370137965146513409 :shobon:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what brought that tweet out

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm wondering if a few of their wrestlers haven't been offered full time AEW contracts, and they're basically just saying "this won't gut the promotion"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

I'm wondering if a few of their wrestlers haven't been offered full time AEW contracts, and they're basically just saying "this won't gut the promotion"

Do you mean have?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pylons posted:

Do you mean have?

Sorry, British idiom. That's basically what I mean, yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Stripping promotions of talent doesn't really vibe with how TK's worked in the past where he's been very willing to let people like Riho and Bea split their time. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's locking Yuka and Maki in to work long-term and he may have confused Mei Suruga for a feral French maid but even then I imagine he'd be happy for them to be spending time in Japan as well

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Once traveling internationally is a lot more viable, I wouldn't even think it'd be that weird to see Nyla Rose, Tay Conti, or others doing tours of Japan

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RealFoxy posted:

Once traveling internationally is a lot more viable, I wouldn't even think it'd be that weird to see Nyla Rose, Tay Conti, or others doing tours of Japan

For sure, I expect the last thing TK wants to do is damage his relationship with TJPW

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder what brought that tweet out

Maki Itoh has been getting a lot of real nasty flak from certain corners of the internet/twitter.

The fact that the tweet has no Japanese equivalent suggests they're providing moral support.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Chigusa Nagayo loves Nyla too much for her not to do another tour of Marvelous

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Without any specific event it's clearly referring to, I wouldn't read too much into that TJPW tweet beyond "hey, we know a bunch of new foreign fans are hearing about us now so let's say hi." Most of it reads like a pretty straight translation of phrases that sound way less dramatic and more boilerplate in Japanese.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 12, 2021

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Please bring Nagayo into AEW for one night and let her rough up, oh, Kip Sabian

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Neodoomium posted:

Please bring Nagayo into AEW for one night and let her rough up, oh, Kip Sabian

:yes:

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1370590953359118342

I know not to read into it too much, but I saw this with Syuri front and centre of her team and thought for a moment that she had become the leader of DDM. I like Giulia but I'd accept this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

When did Sonya Blade from mortal Kombat sign with Stardom?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsL9bYVW7Ds

Emi Sakura vs Guilia soon?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Perhaps not even a tour: in December 2019 they brought her back just for their big Korakuen show: was a strangely structured show where they did a normal Marvelous show in the first half (main event was Nyla/Asuka vs Takumi Iroha/Syuri: worth a watch in my eyes although the official upload cuts the entrances which are funny if only because Nyla's entrance video has a funny knockoff version of the AEW logo in it) and then after the intermission they did Takumi Iroha-Chigusa Nagayo as the real main event but before that they did a deal where other than Takumi Chigusa wrestled the entire Marvelous roster in a 5v5 deal and they included Nyla in that which was an intentional decision: the gimmick was that it was a ten minute time limit with Nyla and Nagayo swapping teams halfway through which was mainly an excuse for the entire roster to get to face Chigusa at some point. They also put that on YouTube but included the entrances and its worth a watch as well I think: even if only to see just how even in her mid 50s Nagayo can still just control a crowd: admittedly in Marvelous which is her promotion with a lot of her old fans. I'm pretty sure that if Marvelous did a major show somewhere that they'd try to make things work with AEW to get Nyla there: she's became a fairly big name in America, she's popular with the roster and was over with Marvelous fans so it would work for everyone.

Its why you can't just assume that everyone would go to TJPW or Gatoh Move or wherever: neither of those promotions (other than Akki in Gatoh Move) has the history of longer term foreigner tours that a Marvelous or even an Ice Ribbon does. Nyla did work other places but it was always through Marvelous and it probably makes sense to keep that relationship strong since that's a great place to send sort of green wrestlers that you want to get better and who have the motivation and dedication to do so in a more traditional dojo like system.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Hey y'all, looking to dive deeper into joshi stuff - if I'm looking to cover the highly divergent bases of "more Maki Itoh" and "anything in the vein of classic AJW," without spreading myself too thin on having to get familiar with multiple rosters, what are the core promotions I should be looking at? I can sniff out free content and don't really have a budget for a sub atm but would not be adverse to one down the road. I know DDT's is like four promotions and STARDOM's is very affordable. Tia

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Also, you already have the connection with Emi and Takagi. Why not try to add Chigusa freakin' Nagayo to your list of close Japanese friends?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Also, you already have the connection with Emi and Takagi. Why not try to add Chigusa freakin' Nagayo to your list of close Japanese friends?

Seriously, AEW's non-New Japan friends in japan are way cooler than old man New Japan.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

And since AEW fans are typically more aware of the wrestling world than WWE ones, bringing in Chigusa Nagayo for one night will probably pop a crowd big on its own.

And then you add Excalibur and Tazz or someone losing their minds on commentary? Jericho and Kenny would both be good for that because they are willing to forget they are heels if something needs to be marked out over

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1370945185496977409

Starlight Kid being forced to join Oedo Tai leading to a months long storyline of broken Mayu

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

KONAMI being forced to join STARS would be extremely funny since Kyona hasn't had her revenge yet

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you have a spare ¥3000 laying around and are looking to watch some good wrestling on Wednesday, then SEAdLINNNG's next Korakuen show with Asuka/VENY vs Rina Yamashita for the Beyond the SEA championship is live on PPV. The rest of the show is a one night tag tournament that should be pretty cool

https://seadlinnnglive.com/store/1782

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1371505326038646787

Already her power is growing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Reynolds has his hair in bunches

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lmao Reynolds pigtails.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/nanaracka/status/1371504313382498310?s=20

A message from Nanae Takahashi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Reynolds copying Maki's hairstyle is almost as good Stu not giving a poo poo about any of this cause he only has eyes for Anna :allears: