Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's a language to eat rear end with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm curious if/what other places use when needing to count like that.
In french we just draw out the numbers ("oooooone, twooooo...") unless it's specifically a movie or TV dub of an american doing the Mississipi thing in which case it's translated literally and chalked up to american wackiness.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Real hurthling! posted:

Welch is a lovers language

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Real hurthling! posted:

Welch is a lovers language

Malch or Walch?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Specifically, lovers of Y and L

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

disappointed to learn loop hero isn't a new sequel to DJ Hero

It's me, the one person who loved that game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never owned it because games with extra peripherals were too expensive for me to get at that age but I played the store demo they had at HMV a few times and it seemed extremely good

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Yeah I got it for like 5 euros in a Tesco bargain bin lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

it was really good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that fmv game isn't by the contradiction creator fyi. the contradiction creator released At Dead of Night a couple of months ago, and it takes the conversation mechanic of Contradiction and adds a horror game around it where you're being menaced on the guest floors of a hotel by a goofy looking FMV killer. it has the same spooky quality of a FNAF game because of the fact that it's campy but tense and Jimmy (killer) can be REALLY quiet sneaking up on you if you aren't paying attention

the big issue is that because it's set in a hotel, all the guest rooms look mostly identical and you're often going in and out of each one checking drawers for items to use as conversation topics. so like.. it could use some polishing up in terms of making the rooms more distinct, and finding ways to change up the gameplay. most of the people who i watched play it only played the first couple of hours and never went back to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxrmCR4Q-w

it feels like tim follin needed to make a game that would be successful and keep the lights on so he could work on his next bigger game, so he catered it to Markiplier type streamers

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This is like the attack when the tail is up translation error in final fantasy

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dj hero had some absolute bops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZGdgldmSM

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
DJ hero was OK but it was absolutely a product of a fad in the process of crashing

Kinda wanna see someone beat dark souls with that controller though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Walla posted:

I've been spending too much brain power focusing on the toxic media of my youth, especially things like Looney Toons and Bill Cosby. It's not fun.

Having slept on this, what got me thinking about this was Dennis Miller. Did I stop liking him because he went crazy or because I grew up? I thought he was hilarious on SNL as a kid but I'm not sure if I would even find those skits funny now.

And that got me to thinking about Pepe Le Pew and how Bugs Bunny dressing in drag was gross and uncomfortable even in the 90's and how I can't even watch any part of an episode of the Cosby Show because of Bill being a loving rapist and listening to a Michael Jackson song makes me want to cry and I start to wonder why more people aren't depressed and miserable who grew up in those times.

And yet, I still laugh at Married with Children even while acknowledging how problematic it is because it's a horrible show by today's standards but it was a huge part of my childhood and full of nostalgia but I absolutely will not expose my 12 year old to it now.

And now I'm trying to think was there any good media when I was a kid? Maybe Peanuts but that's rooted in the 50's so probably not. Calvin and Hobbes probably. And the whole subject is just making me depressed and won't leave my brain.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The 7th Guest posted:

the big issue is that because it's set in a hotel, all the guest rooms look mostly identical and you're often going in and out of each one checking drawers for items to use as conversation topics. so like.. it could use some polishing up in terms of making the rooms more distinct, and finding ways to change up the gameplay. most of the people who i watched play it only played the first couple of hours and never went back to it

There is a big message at the beginning of the game that says "Streamers please do not show a whole playthrough of this game" so maybe they were just respecting that?

Edit:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 12, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Walla posted:

Having slept on this, what got me thinking about this was Dennis Miller. Did I stop liking him because he went crazy or because I grew up? I thought he was hilarious on SNL as a kid but I'm not sure if I would even find those skits funny now.

And that got me to thinking about Pepe Le Pew and how Bugs Bunny dressing in drag was gross and uncomfortable even in the 90's and how I can't even watch any part of an episode of the Cosby Show because of Bill being a loving rapist and listening to a Michael Jackson song makes me want to cry and I start to wonder why more people aren't depressed and miserable who grew up in those times.

And yet, I still laugh at Married with Children even while acknowledging how problematic it is because it's a horrible show by today's standards but it was a huge part of my childhood and full of nostalgia but I absolutely will not expose my 12 year old to it now.

And now I'm trying to think was there any good media when I was a kid? Maybe Peanuts but that's rooted in the 50's so probably not. Calvin and Hobbes probably. And the whole subject is just making me depressed and won't leave my brain.

I say just stay off the internet for a while

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The new advanced hunt in the mon hun rise demo killed me in one hit a few times and left the map after only like 10 mins the one time i was doing good

Classic mon hun demo experience.

Game seems to run smooth on switch tho so i'll be grabbing it when it comes out.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There is a big message at the beginning of the game that says "Streamers please do not show a whole playthrough of this game" so maybe they were just respecting that?

Edit:

many years and thousands of hours and they put this up without checking for spelling errors

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

First look at our new Life is Strange protagonist:

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1370419684881874944

Looks like a girl again to me (according to rumors her name is Alex and she’s an Asian-American girl who can read minds)

Here’s a clearer picture:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 12, 2021

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Simone Magus posted:

I love mashups and that game had some good ones

:hai:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

can someone release a game worth playing so I can have a game to play ok thanks

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Larryb posted:

First look at our new Life is Strange protagonist:

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/1370419684881874944

Looks like a girl again to me (according to rumors her name is Alex and she’s an Asian-American girl who can read minds)

Also if you look close they appear to have a gun holstered at their side, here’s a clearer picture:

Where are you seeing a gun, that just looks like her hand.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Where are you seeing a gun, that just looks like her hand.

On the left, but on closer inspection it might just be the fold of her sleeve.

Also DontNod has apparently left Square Enix so I guess the franchise is in Deck Nine’s hands now.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 12, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Qmass posted:

lol so many games worth playing have come out/are coming out this year

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f4s-Y-Kj3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7df9QyAlgyc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Qmass posted:

that loop game that just came out recently is pretty good. that's right, Gnosia

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ5PRgJr3DA

Definitely good grooves to start the day with

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Play Satisfactory

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Literally millions of video games released in the last 50 years but whoops turn out they all suck

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
how many video games are there?

(google links to a guy named Jacob that says 1,181,019)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Siralim Ultimate just came out [checks watch] 11 minutes ago!

Just in time for me to get ready to go to work so I can drive down the road to pick up a delivery and then clock out

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I haven't played a game all week other than a handful of picross puzzles in E7. I need to get back into Detective Pikachu this weekend.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just wanna play Disco Elysium :cry:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

how many video games are there?

(google links to a guy named Jacob that says 1,181,019)

Game master Anthony would know.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Qmass posted:

Have you heard of our lord and savior Pathologic 2?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
rather than playing any of the mario games I've spent money on recently, I'm instead finishing mario party 64. it's super cute but the worlds are definitely too large for the amount of stuff to do. the minigame levels are rad though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

rather than playing any of the mario games I've spent money on recently, I'm instead finishing mario party 64. it's super cute but the worlds are definitely too large for the amount of stuff to do. the minigame levels are rad though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWD88E6Arv0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Regy Rusty posted:

I just wanna play Disco Elysium :cry:

super excited to double dip on this on God's Console

new veeg avatar