Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

Nothing to see here.

We need Yang to stop these drat machines from taking my job! (which is to :justpost:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

the 2016 lover posted:

i have to be honest. i like interacting with liberals and seeing the heights of the contradictions they can work themselves into. im sick - i like to see liberals contort themselves bizarrely to justify the unjustifiable

This is only ever interesting/enjoyable when it's in a context where they feel some need to defend themselves. In USPol they're generally content to just assert that everything they believe is obviously true.

They rarely contort themselves in that context because they simply have full trust in liberal political narratives. Like with this specific situation, they *know* that the idea Hunter benefited from being Biden's son is ridiculous. There is no question about this in their minds, because media told them it's not true.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
also bolivia is arresting the coup government currently so expect libs to start crying over bolivia's descent into totalitarianism

https://twitter.com/KawsachunNews/status/1370449192750055439

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Let cspam make a loving D&Dlulz thread you dumbass coward mods

As I recall it (and my weed infused brain may be making poo poo up) we were basically told we could post IN USPol or post ABOUT USPol, not both. It's very on message for the dem defenders to walk that back lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

The fact that they cling to Cuomo, for essentially no reason whatsoever but to defend the Democratic Brand as infallible, is entirely disturbing. They turn around and say that we have a cult of personality around Sanders, but most people I know only viewed Sanders as a tool to be used for progress, not as their loving dad or something. I don't understand having a loyalty to a politician as a person.

because they're sociopaths, they can't conceive of people being enthusiastic about good things so it must be some nebulous cult of personality or whatever

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

it's not the biggest stretch to believe that the product of one of the worst political machines in the country will dig in his heels and rely on the machine to exonerate/protect him

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

are you trolling? the hunter biden story in the nypost wasn't "hunter biden did drugs and here are some pictures of him having had sex", it was that he used his position to improperly influence his father, and his father acted because of that influence. and the lynchpin to that story were extremely questionable emails "found" on a laptop with zero chain of custody, and when the owner of the repair shop repeatedly changed his story once the actual fbi got involved.

you are purposefully conflating hunter biden's "scandalous" photographs - which are real - with the rest of the story, which is complete bullshit and has zero evidence and has been repeatedly denied.

but im glad to know you uncritically believe steve bannon, because he's the source of the ny post article you're complaining about being covered up by the media.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

As I recall it (and my weed infused brain may be making poo poo up) we were basically told we could post IN USPol or post ABOUT USPol, not both. It's very on message for the dem defenders to walk that back lmao

There are some people touching the poop, but just slap em with a day and move on.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also bolivia is arresting the coup government currently so expect libs to start crying over bolivia's descent into totalitarianism

Wow pointing guns at a woman. Just Wow.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

Flav is on a two week hiatus in six hour increments.

lol

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

She.....didn't leave the country??? lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yes... Ha Ha Ha... Yes!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

synapse posted:

She.....didn't leave the country??? lol

tbf juan guido is still a free man so i could see why she would expect some degree of invulnerability

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Raskolnikov38 posted:

President biden, please, my people cry out for freedom.
- A Bolivian citizen
- A CIA spook

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

flavius decided to pull a homeex of "watch me post in fyad while they're mad at me"

lol rip

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf juan guido is still a free man so i could see why she would expect some degree of invulnerability

Juan absolutely has full cia protection tho, the US has gone all in on him. Bolivia is pretty quiet meanwhile.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

a Loving Dog posted:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh look CSPAM is cheering for the cops to arrest a powerful woc :rolleyes:

e: that nymag article on cuomo is insane btw. anyone defending cuomo is either ignorant, a total dogshit person, or both

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Chillgamesh posted:

Oh look CSPAM is cheering for the cops to arrest a powerful woc :rolleyes:

e: that nymag article on cuomo is insane btw. anyone defending cuomo is either ignorant, a total dogshit person, or both

That venn diagram is just a circle

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

So maybe I'm just an idiot MAGA chud who needs to learn to code, but who exactly will be using this?

I'm assuming that this is primarily passenger rail, right? So its not like this is going to reduce interstate trucking traffic. For that matter, even if it did do freight, what would it add that current freight lines don't already have?

It seems like this is mainly a replacement for some/most passenger air travel. Who the hell is flying across the country all the time? Who has the time and money to do this (even if you eliminate air fare because "trains")? I'm not flying all over the place, taking vactions just because plane tickets are so expensive. I'm not driving cross country to visit friends and family all the time because gas is too expensive or the traffic is too bad. I can't be away form work that long, and I can't afford to blow all that money on food and lodgings. I'm sure this is true for most people as well.

This seems like something specifically for PMC people who fly constantly for pleasure and business. And its not like they can't afford the plane tickets. This is so they can make the trips more comfortably, and with the whole "I'm saving the planet" self-satisfaction.

Am I wrong here?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Hey coward rear end mods, leave CSPAM the gently caress alone and enjoy your brunch you loving insufferable rule following shitheels

Maybe if D&D wasn't a forum for pearl clutching rape apologists with dogshit opinions and terminal rear end brain, decent people wouldn't be making fun of them

Please get hosed

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Organ Fiend posted:

So maybe I'm just an idiot MAGA chud who needs to learn to code, but who exactly will be using this?

I'm assuming that this is primarily passenger rail, right? So its not like this is going to reduce interstate trucking traffic. For that matter, even if it did do freight, what would it add that current freight lines don't already have?

It seems like this is mainly a replacement for some/most passenger air travel. Who the hell is flying across the country all the time? Who has the time and money to do this (even if you eliminate air fare because "trains")? I'm not flying all over the place, taking vactions just because plane tickets are so expensive. I'm not driving cross country to visit friends and family all the time because gas is too expensive or the traffic is too bad. I'm sure this is true for most people as well.

This seems like something specifically for PMC people who fly constantly for pleasure and business. And its not like they can't afford the plane tickets. This is so they can make the trips more comfortably, and with the whole "I'm saving the planet" self-satisfaction.

Am I wrong here?

flying is a major contributor to greenhouse gases, and while traveling is mainly a PMC activity, it shouldnt be, and a good national high speed rail system, with cheap costs, would open up travel significantly. i would love to travel more if it werent so expensive and even if airtravel were cheaper, airplanes for travel that isnt across an ocean isnt sustainable long term imo

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

THS posted:

flying is a major contributor to greenhouse gases, and while traveling is mainly a PMC activity, it shouldnt be, and a good national high speed rail system, with cheap costs, would open up travel significantly. i would love to go to travel more if it werent so expensive and even if airtravel were cheaper, airplanes for travel that isnt across an ocean isnt sustainable long term imo
open er up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dumbass pete should just complete the california supertrain first. also the hypothetical supertrain from the la area to vegas so i can go to raiders games and spend the weekend getting hammered at circus circus.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

unironically yes, open up travel so i can more easily visit my family without driving a car for 14 hours or paying for an expensive plane ticket on a plane that is killing the planet

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Organ Fiend posted:

It seems like this is mainly a replacement for some/most passenger air travel. Who the hell is flying across the country all the time? Who has the time and money to do this (even if you eliminate air fare because "trains")? I'm not flying all over the place, taking vactions just because plane tickets are so expensive. I'm not driving cross country to visit friends and family all the time because gas is too expensive or the traffic is too bad. I can't be away form work that long, and I can't afford to blow all that money on food and lodgings. I'm sure this is true for most people as well.

Am I wrong here?

Source your quotes.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

it goes without saying that pete buttigieg is not going to build a nationalized high speed rail system in the US

this is jangling keys for the dumber gen z and millennials

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Got my sleep joe $. This isn't even enough for a decent hurdy gurdy, smh

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Organ Fiend posted:

Am I wrong here?

correct

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nichael posted:

I don't understand having a loyalty to a politician as a person.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Organ Fiend posted:

eh I think if there were cheaper options than planes you'd see more travel (people visiting families, specifically)... just like, not enough more to really justify the construction costs

which is a shame cause I love the idea of fast trains

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

eh I think if there were cheaper options than planes you'd see more travel (people visiting families, specifically)... just like, not enough more to really justify the construction costs

which is a shame cause I love the idea of fast trains

My wife and I thought about taking a train from Florida to New England to visit some family a couple years back, and I can say with confidence that it's 100% a rich people way to travel.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
So much going on here I thought you all might enjoy it

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

Lib and let die posted:

This is the thread for making fun of liberals.

No, not those liberals.

a Loving Dog posted:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Broke: Democrat Party

Woke: Repukelican Party

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Organ Fiend posted:

Am I wrong here?

its still good to have even if you cant afford the ticket

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Organ Fiend posted:

Am I wrong here?

flying regularly is a PMC activity and therefore investing in infrastructure to provide a more affordable and less environmentally destructive alternative to it is... bad? Yes you're wrong

thankfully it doesn't matter since mayo pete won't do poo poo about this, or anything

e: this is basically the transit equivalent of opposing free college because trump's kids will get it lol

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I finally officially removed my USPOL bookmark. Absolute petty children.

Hair splitting on exactly ~ how ~ Manchin said he wouldn't vote for $2000 back in January is amazing. The end result was the dems not putting forth $2000 - what the gently caress else matters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
IMO current train prices are absolute garbage (comparable to flight prices in my experience) so the idea of actually improving service/making trains faster makes sense IF THEY KEEP CURRENT PRICES (which I’m sure they wouldn’t)

but also I am not usually going to places accessible by train so :shrug: