Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I would at least like to crew one of those at some point.

It looks like the baby of a Valentine and one of those scout cars with the radio antenna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
As it happens, I have enough materials to make one. It only needs assembly and a crew. If you and some other goons get in a squad while I'm doing logistics, I'll hand it off.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Delacroix posted:

As it happens, I have enough materials to make one. It only needs assembly and a crew. If you and some other goons get in a squad while I'm doing logistics, I'll hand it off.

Interesting, keep this in mind for the weekend if that is possible.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

In a few hours time I'll be gathering up some EU goons to play this in our time zone if anyone is interested who has wanted an excuse to get back into the game.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
Goon convey and attack was great fun this evening! Thanks for your patience while I hosed about and figured out how to do pretty much everything.

How did the bunker assault pan out?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tonight was good fun until the end when things stalled, I learned how to crate, operated a grinder, got a refresher course in logistics and did some medic stuff.

We'll be messing with tanks on saturday EU time and a little later so show up if you can.

Dirty Needles posted:

Goon convey and attack was great fun this evening! Thanks for your patience while I hosed about and figured out how to do pretty much everything.

How did the bunker assault pan out?

Which one? the one at Gallows sort of petered out as that one heavy artillery piece they set up kept ranging and whomping the FOB to the point we were just wasting time, we tried several times to push an attack on them but our fellow Wardens felt the need to just hold back and die.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Goon Convoy was a glorious hot mess from beginning to end. 10/10 would convoy again.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

You would think being shot by friendly and enemy tanks would be the highlight, but I think it actually was source's lorryTRUCK cartwheeling through the air every time his neighbor turned on their microwave.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is a bit disconcerning to see a whole truck start bouncing dancing twisting and squirming when it is the one in front of you in the conovy.

But the blueball/screwball express will no doubt return.

Tonight I will drop into the Discord around the same time and start the cat herding of goons once more. We should have the refined materiels to make some Scout Tanks and APC.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

EU ladies and gents, I believe we're going to be playing tonight at 9pm GMT. That is 4PM EST for amerigoons that might want to join us!

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
I'll attempt to join again, rather enjoyed my logi trip last night! Shame I then proceeded to die, the outpost I'd set as home had run out of supplies so I ended up all the way back where I started!

I'm enjoying the game more this time around, having other people to coordinate with or even just ask stupid questions helps a lot.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Okay here are some fresh videos from the front, first off our small platoon of goons are in the middle of a major offensive push of the very well stacked and prepared 82DK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Oq-cwhsO4

Second a much longer independent tank operation with me, Swayze and Nine of Eight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyOqg2vz6is

Setting up and setting off with a tank does take around 20 minutes but the end result is hell of fun especially if you last as long as we did.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

If the devs wanted to make a crutch tank for players to facetank AT and reverse away, maybe they should've saved that for a singleplayer game.

I guess I had fun today reenacting a 12 player 2017 foxhole server in 2021? This is what happens when I choose a map I didn't logi dozens of hours for.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCYUEU9X4z0

A pair of Scout light tanks sent down to reinforce the bridge head just outside a recently re-captured Sanctuary, what can go wrong?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Our motorized/mechanized ambush this weekend was fun. Ambushed a few collie trucks before the road we were camping saw tanks show up.

My heroic attempt at a sticky bomb did not go as well...

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Picked this one up this week. Been having a pretty good time, scratches some of the old itches from stuff like Last Oasis.

Definitely hop in the Discord though, this is not a game best played solo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Game is a blast if you got the time and patience for it now, I highly suggest really getting to grips with making stuff and shooting stuff on Home Island in your first hour, don't be afraid to hop into the discord and see if there is activity. We've got somebody usually doing logistics work or taking part in behind the lines with other players.

Don't be afraid to ask questions because the patch work tutorial and the wiki can only do so much, MRE when he has time is constantly updating the OP with our suggestions.

We'll be doing some major number antics around the weekend time once again.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Just ask in here as well. I've got an absolutely depressing number of hours into the game over literal years if you want ultra bitter opinions and how to break things. Although my favourite exploit of putting tanks on top of buildings is long gone :rip:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Rynoto posted:

Just ask in here as well. I've got an absolutely depressing number of hours into the game over literal years if you want ultra bitter opinions and how to break things. Although my favourite exploit of putting tanks on top of buildings is long gone :rip:

Get with the times, the new thing is getting freighters where they are not supposed to be at all:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Let me guess you're right at the border edge. Because there's an ancient, rare bug for when you cross the border it will fling you in a random direction if there's another vehicle that even partially clips/blocks your spawn in. It usually only happens on the small waterways as there's less approved spots to spawn but narrow land passages sometimes have it happen as well. This same bug can still sort-of be exploited with APCs all clipping their loading door into a vehicle simultaneously and launching any vehicle into orbit*. Used to be easier under the old system but you can still get some decent loft. Clipping bug also works on individual players which is how you can fling them across the map at warp speed if you set it up right.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 11, 2021

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Something to add to the OP, at the end of the basic training section on the Home Island is a very important corner.

It's the firing range. At the firing range you have access to all infantry weaponry and grenades and unlimited ammo, I highly suggest spending some time if you are new just trying out everything and getting used to how shooting works with the game.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Trying to join the goon server for playing the game but can't get access for some reason... RIP.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So I stepped up and volunteered to be the EU Discord admin and crazy light house keeper for this game still in early access hell.

I've done a bunch of pins to stuff suggested and will pin anythign else useful, also we've got a channel for logistics info sharing.

I'll try and keep updates pinned for the game and I see we got a huge list of goons still lurking in the channel. If you are interested in picking the game up now or soon, make yourself active both in the channel and just by saying hey in the channel keeping things vaguely active. Posting here is cool too.

I will deploy the power of the ping either when a new war starts or we get an interesting update. This will happen every few weeks.

I've seen some weird usernames popping up doing hit and run stuff so if you are goon best make your presence known as I will discreetly tidy that up.

Oh and keep the game rivalry/roleplay stuff against the opposing force chill as well as the tone of the channel now.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

If I do logi stuff should I deposit components/bmats or other stuff for regimental use someplace? I know someone mentioned I can do this while I was arty spotting for them (which was dope incidentally) but what if anything should I harvest to set aside and where specifically should I deposit?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Basically you have a 48 hour private stockpile when you use a drop down menu at the warehouse building in the docks section with the cranes. It gives you a code to share with friends.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Tonight was a good night. The colonials took an island next to one of our big towns in Oarbreaker. The only supply route was by sea, so we figured they had bad supply and started artying the crap out of them on the one bridge crossing for like 2 hours straight. I think we fired something like 300 shells, gradually walking the range back as all their fortifications got trashed and supply got blown up. We finally ran out of shells and ran up to the frontlines to examine the damage. They were all dead. We killed all of them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Are the cannons okay?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I got this on sale and rolled as Colonials before checking which team the Goons are on :negative:

Will join you folks next war.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So uh, the Colonial rocket just hit Buckler Sound.

Our small reserve of Silverhand tanks, shells, satchels and whatever else we assembled through the week is now at the mercy of the opposing force.

Bugger.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
War is hell, comrade

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I fear our cannons are not okay.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

Personal stockpiles at the refinery and depot will never be released to public if you keep topping them up. The timer is reset every time you add another item.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUGsHd_uV8

Setting and operating a battery, It felt almost like cheating but then again they dropped shells on us a week before like this so all feelings of regret instantly gone.

Fun fact, for some reason you can accidentally feed other things into the breech. I put my pistol magazine inside it several times by accident. I am not professional.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

*climbs into breech of artillery cannon* shoot me closer, i want to hit them with my shovel

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tonight we'll be trying to prop the front up with some tanks we've had waiting all week, before it all collapses and we lose this war. If you want to learn the basics of tanks and all that do show up!

Bring bmats.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
Currently playing this with about 5-6 friends some of who are goons on the dirty Colonial side because we are bad.

This game is tons of fun, if you can laugh off people with higher ranks than you trying to act like 2LT stands for something and telling you what to do then this is the game for you. I myself have taken to telling them to gently caress off, followed by silence as they run around the corner and whine to someone that doesn't care that they are internet important and somehow matter.

The salt on this game is also amazing, mostly saying that because the Colonials are a bunch of whiny little shits and streamers that rage when you run them over on purpose when they stand next to your tank or vehicle while it's moving.

Our rag tag group of Colonials that don't really want to be colonials anymore are eagerly awaiting the end of the war so we can join a side not full of idiots.

Also, as a guy who typically hates doing logi/crafting/farming stuff it's actually not half bad and a nice break from the meat grinding bridges and such, check it out if you haven't done it and do it every now and then, plus you get fake internet points or commendations to help you rank up and tell dirty pubbies how to use a mortar or to stop shelling because it's pointless even though it tracks the poo poo out of enemy tanks and makes them poo poo their pants.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Bringing a properly-stocked artillery gun to a battlefield is like being the popular girl at prom. All of a sudden every pubbie wants to spot for you, run you ammo, tell you what to shoot at, tell you why what you're shooting is bad, or just generally hang out in the vicinity talking about the time they totally ran their own artillery gun, like, so good. Plus, 1-2 enemy saboteur squads are likely to visit you per hour. Everybody wants a piece of the party.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

We had a goon expedition with a heavy tank to get some action before the war is over as our lines are collapsing, we then ran into some Russian and German pubbies that were doing the same thing and teamed up, but the server crashed and when we came back some collie hopped in our tank

Welp

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They blew up the poor pubbies we teamed up with too who were thrown back to the home region after disconnect.

Not the games finest moment.

On the plus side the gun from the other night was pulled out before they broke out of Stone Cradle!

Last night was a mixed bag, half of our Silverhand fleet went out on piece meal actions and due to the narrow nature of one front (CANYON partisan hell) and every player and their dog being at the Moors locking us out.

Still if the Moors hold and the line isn't too bad we could attempt to bring the rest of our stuff to Brodytown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So theorycrafting here but from what I’ve seen but next war if you have it seems like it would be relatively easy to take a quiet front with a little bit of preparation and a dozen or two organized partisans. Players tend to throw massive amount of resources into bridge fights or static fronts while a tiny fraction of that effort to reset a bunch of town halls in short succession on a quiet area of the map would cause that region to collapse and allow the frontline to advance rapidly for a few hours before the enemies dig in again.

I saw a group of about 4 or so pubbies pull this off earlier in this war with just some grenades and satchels staged in a forgotten front.