Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is not the first time this has happened. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED

Florida Man Returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man soaks in bean dip for 24 hours to save favorite restaurant

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

jojoinnit posted:

Seems like the entire article has been rewritten unless it was always just that with a clickbaity headline.

They changed the headline, and removed the editors note, but the url remains the same, with the "I was fully vaccinated and still caught corona" part.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1370070138817548293?s=21

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is like so much worse than an unsolicited dick pic.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Well we've been getting mooned for how long?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well we've been getting mooned for how long?

Like... forever

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I figured they'd be sent to Uranus.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well I did see something moving there...
:hmmyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK8BfDz-Q54

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/live-action-role-playing-love-triangle-ends-in-pipe-bomb-attack/ar-BB1euBZi

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

What a roller coaster ride.

I like how the article is written, in part, by one J. Rohrlich. Rohr=pipe, Rohrlich=tubular, in German.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sadly I don't believe ejaculate travels fast enough to achieve escape velocity :eng99:

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sadly I don't believe ejaculate travels fast enough to achieve escape velocity :eng99:

Look at this guy over here who doesn't do his kegel exercises.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Tex Avery posted:

Look at this guy over here who doesn't do his kegel exercises.

Kegel Space Program

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Depends on how far away from the surface you are.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Paper Tiger posted:

Kegel Space Program

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Paper Tiger posted:

Kegel Space Program

Now we know why Jeb's always makin those faces

https://i.imgur.com/3WkzMMB.mp4

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Paper Tiger posted:

Kegel Space Program

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Paper Tiger posted:

Kegel Space Program

With enough practice, you can land safely and avoid any splash downs.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Nottherealaborn posted:

With enough practice, you can land safely and avoid any splash downs.

But... the splashing is the best part :confuoot:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

That's more than a little misleading (a news headline that's misleading?). When my father's wife was murdered, they used hypnosis to see if he could remember anything else about the crime scene. That headline would suggest that using hypnosis in that case is why the suspect was put to death (and not, ya know, the fact that the suspect had her blood on his clothes, his bloody fingerprints were on the victim, :nms: his semen was in her knife wounds, etc).

Marcade has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Mar 13, 2021

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Marcade posted:

:nms:his semen was in her knife wounds:nms:

Jesus gently caress.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 11:40 on Mar 15, 2021

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

McCoy is a registered sex offender, according to the complaint, after being convicted in 2013 of one charge of “pandering obscenity involving a minor.”

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Jesus gently caress.

I thought about spoilering that. Probably should have, really.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Subjunctive posted:

Jesus gently caress.

Dude took edging way too far.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Subjunctive posted:

Jesus gently caress.

Is that what they call it?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Marcade posted:

That's more than a little misleading (a news headline that's misleading?). When my father's wife was murdered, they used hypnosis to see if he could remember anything else about the crime scene. That headline would suggest that using hypnosis in that case is why the suspect was put to death (and not, ya know, the fact that the suspect had her blood on his clothes, his bloody fingerprints were on the victim, :nms: his semen was in her knife wounds, etc).

I get that in your father’s case they didn’t rely on hypnosis to convict the offender, but can we all agree that using hypnosis in criminal investigations is, from a scientific perspective, highly dubious?

From that point of view, the headline itself isn’t that misleading.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Oh, I'll certainly agree that convictions need to be on solid evidence and not pseudoscience, I just take umbrage with the trend of "gotcha" headlines that ignore details in favor of clicks (which I suppose is a natural consequence of ad based views, etc).

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Half the time those things are a get out for the party involved. I used to work in the water industry and they still legally use dowsing rods for finding pipes. Sounds ludicrous right?
Not entirely, behold: most of the old timers who’ve been doing it for 35 years get a fairly good idea of where an unmarked pipe is likely to be by what they’ve seen before, and what else is in the trench. But you don’t want to instruct someone else to dig a new trench on your “hunch” because do that too many times and people won’t trust you. You get your dowsing rods out, do a bit of “dowsing” and put your hunch on where the pipe is on that. If you’re right, great you saved a bunch of time via your dowsing skills, if you’re wrong you can blame it on the accursed dowsing rods behind wrong rather than your judgement.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Marcade posted:

The desire to know more was quickly replaced with a desire to know less

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

The desire to know more was quickly replaced with a desire to know less

Turns out serial rapists/murderers are awful people. I shouldn't have brought it up, really. It's not appropriate for this thread and I apologize for doing so.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Marcade posted:

:nms: his semen was in her knife wounds, etc).

Every member of Cannibal Corpse just got an erection.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Marcade posted:

Turns out serial rapists/murderers are awful people. I shouldn't have brought it up, really. It's not appropriate for this thread and I apologize for doing so.

Don't be, it's not your fault. Hard to imagine most could have that happen without accidentaly mentioning it ever.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

It's "funny" in that I grew up knowing about it so I kind of forget how awful it really sounds.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

Half the time those things are a get out for the party involved. I used to work in the water industry and they still legally use dowsing rods for finding pipes. Sounds ludicrous right?
Not entirely, behold: most of the old timers who’ve been doing it for 35 years get a fairly good idea of where an unmarked pipe is likely to be by what they’ve seen before, and what else is in the trench. But you don’t want to instruct someone else to dig a new trench on your “hunch” because do that too many times and people won’t trust you. You get your dowsing rods out, do a bit of “dowsing” and put your hunch on where the pipe is on that. If you’re right, great you saved a bunch of time via your dowsing skills, if you’re wrong you can blame it on the accursed dowsing rods behind wrong rather than your judgement.

Um, I think everyone would be better off if the old-timer would just say they have an educated guess where the pipe is based on what they've seen before and what's in the trench, rather than contribute to the idea that a certain psuedoscience is anything but hokum.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Sucrose posted:

Um, I think everyone would be better off if the old-timer would just say they have an educated guess where the pipe is based on what they've seen before and what's in the trench, rather than contribute to the idea that a certain psuedoscience is anything but hokum.

You’ve clearly never worked on site before, where being regarded as an idiot or a time waster is liable to get your coffee repeatedly topped up with piss.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

I at first took it as the Texas Rangers baseball team and figured it was a “Homer at the Bat” sort of thing.

The actual story was....jeez.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Drone_Fragger posted:

You’ve clearly never worked on site before, where being regarded as an idiot or a time waster is liable to get your coffee repeatedly topped up with piss.

Agreed, dowsers definitely need piss in their coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

So apparently the Twitter mod bot went on a rampage and started banning people who mention "Memphis."
https://gizmodo.com/twitter-banned-me-for-saying-the-m-word-memphis-1846474378