Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

marktheando posted:

Was season 2 any good?

It was fine. Didn't try to emulate the successes of the first season and does a few cool things but ultimately isn't essential viewing. It's a shame we won't get season 3 though.

e: If you count the movie (which you shouldn't) Breaking Bad had 63 episodes. That's as many as three 21s.

stev fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Could you show us how with an MS Paint?

Waving a dildo may ruin the effect.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Guavanaut posted:

I started pondering whether you could go for something so ridiculous that they wouldn't, like a huge dildo or something, but then I remembered when the alt-right wore diapers and held a group tantrum outside a school to own the libs so I don't think there's a depth.

*5 Ryan reports later* We regret to inform you...
Twist: nobody ever intended to run around waving giant dildos in the first place, we just told the alt-right that cuz it'd be funny

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Random Integer posted:

Is he the one that got fired from the Graun because he made a joke about the amount of money the US gives to the IDF?

Yup

His editor got told to demand he apologise immediately, which he did, then they fired him anyway

They justified by saying that since he was an independent contractor they weren't firing him because he was never technically an employee in the first place

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Guavanaut posted:

Waving a dildo may ruin the effect.

Also known as the guardian columnist trajectory

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I was rummaging through some old documents and I near enough spat my drink when i saw I had a certificate from the UKMT

Then i looked down and was disappointed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Maybe if you could somehow run around in front of her and run at her from that direction she would be less likely to react badly to your request?

I'm not sure if this is an own or what. Let's just say I'm owned

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

I really want to dislike Nathan J Robinson but I'll read one of his articles and think "...yeah hes alright actually". He might be posh and faking being English, but he has made sacrifices; hes read several books written by Obama era White House staffers and writers. You know, the sort of person that would go to to write for Vox or appear on Pod Save America. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

He is English. Born here and spent his early years here and tried (and failed) to keep the accent over in the US.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I was rummaging through some old documents and I near enough spat my drink when i saw I had a certificate from the UKMT

Oh poo poo I think I have one of these!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYhXXRXiJBU

I am reminded of this video I saw a while ago for how to appear less threatening and not get murdered by police for the crime of being black while walking.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Haha, I think I have one from the same year.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mebh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYhXXRXiJBU

I am reminded of this video I saw a while ago for how to appear less threatening and not get murdered by police for the crime of being black while walking.

That's the comedian Godfrey, he is very funny.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

I only remember this because my classmate was national top 10, and he apparently would've scored highest for the year had he not added 5+7 = 13

he went to cambridge and has fb photos parachuting into oil dictatorships so I'm 90% certain he's mi6 now. The Wrong UKMT.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/paparoach/status/1370275885908115462

Finally some Brexit dividends.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

willie_dee posted:

That's the comedian Godfrey, he is very funny.

His impressions are loving amazing.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Tell customs to release us
My vinyl's stuck in port

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Isomermaid posted:

My vinyl's stuck in port

:dudsmile:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

i scored the highest in my year for this test thing they gave out so i qualified for the Next Level where put me alone in a room for an hour and gave me an even harder test

i think i got like, some of the way through one of the questions. then i just gave up and stared out the window. my mathletics career was short-lived

e: papa roach have two releases worth of greatest hits?

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Customs isn't the only problem. Some companies are just out-right no longer delivering to the UK. I had this happen last week: Small artist has a run of vinyl prints. Publishing company promotes it on twitter. I go to buy and can't find UK in the lengthy "Country" drop down list for shipping details. I asked them what's up and this was the response;

https://twitter.com/STSPhonoCo/status/1367976356911460352

As stated in the tweet, there was an alternative supplier to go through so in the end, still got my record. However, only some of their catalogue is available through this supplier.

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 12, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

On vinyl too.

This is what they meant at school when they warned kids to stay away from the needle.

Maugrim posted:

Also known as the guardian columnist trajectory
:pusheen:

Isomermaid posted:

My vinyl's stuck in port
:golfclap:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angepain posted:

My joke was going to be "some cheek releasing a record with just one song on it" but then I noticed it's the second greatest hits so god only knows. Nu-metal is inscrutable.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Angepain posted:

i scored the highest in my year for this test thing they gave out so i qualified for the Next Level where put me alone in a room for an hour and gave me an even harder test

i think i got like, some of the way through one of the questions. then i just gave up and stared out the window. my mathletics career was short-lived

I got level 5 in math year 6 and then they asked me to take a level 6, and I couldn't do the first question. I felt really loving dumb, but looking back it's stuff the school had never even mentioned the existence of to me, it was just bait for children with private tutors.

I am dumb but not because of that test.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 12, 2021

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The last post I made was pretty bad. I was trying to make a point about how people don't really understand what's going through your head and your actions can sometimes be interpreted in a negative light.

Still, the way I phrased it was really lovely and I have upset some people. So sorry for that, I was wrong.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

marktheando posted:

I don't think running at a woman with a huge dildo will do much to convince her you aren't a sex offender

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Isomermaid posted:

My vinyl's stuck in port
I guffawed :golfclap:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
someone posted this in another thread, it's cool. hey, feel lovely about our nation's interaction with Myanmar for exceedingly, exceedingly compelling reasons here's an opportunity to express some international solidarity. particularly if you have complicated feelings over what was called "the scottish colony":

https://www.gofundme.com/f/abftu

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I got level 5 in math year 6 and then they asked me to take a level 6, and I couldn't do the first question. I felt really loving dumb, but looking back it's stuff the school had never even mentioned the existence of to me, it was just bait for children with private tutors.

I am dumb but not because of that test.

this is pretty much the impression i got, that the private schools could spend vast resources training up the kids in this specific kind of maths fuckery, but every so often the odd state school kid managed to be such a massive maths prodigy that they had half a chance. which I was not, as it turns out

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/gabriel_pogrund/status/1370434351045967874?s=21

Huh, wonder what happened here?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Borrovan posted:

There is, but there is also a very obvious motive for a known sex offender to abduct & murder a young women

He's trying to see if he can get out of jail free with the spycops law.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Nothing that can't be solved with...

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Angepain posted:

My experience was that the first level was more or less solvable with GCSE/A-level maths following the curriculum, but the higher level (I think it was called the Kangaroo Challenge or something?) required you to know these weird maths tricks that you either would have had to study for specifically or be the kind of maths nerd who knows a lot of numerical and geometric identities off-hand. My school at least didn't do any practice tests or additional teaching for those challenges so I had a similar experience of doing well at the first stage and then wondering what the gently caress half the questions in the second stage even meant.

e:

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Yeah basically that.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 12, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The plot thickens:

https://twitter.com/gabriel_pogrund/status/1370463095848640513?s=21

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
So it sounds like they found some trots to weed out?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

So it sounds like they found some trots to weed out?

Could be more sinister than that - the early reports mentioned antisemitism allegations, and those are Muslim-heavy constituencies.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

The Question IRL posted:

The last post I made was pretty bad. I was trying to make a point about how people don't really understand what's going through your head and your actions can sometimes be interpreted in a negative light.

Still, the way I phrased it was really lovely and I have upset some people. So sorry for that, I was wrong.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I'm not sure if this is an own or what. Let's just say I'm owned

Nah, I was just trying to make a funny joke to soften the awkwardness. Inevitably my joke transpired to be the posting equivalent of running up behind people at night and not helpful. Lol.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Darth Walrus posted:

Could be more sinister than that - the early reports mentioned antisemitism allegations, and those are Muslim-heavy constituencies.
I'm sure Keith Sturmer's Labour Party has perfectly legitimate reasons to suspend 2 entire CLPs on spurious & immediately contradicted grounds

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

I don't want to appoint myself the arbiter of what's good thought and practice here, because it is very much not my place as a big white cis het man to speak on women's lives. So I wont. But the discussion is necessary I think, because the current situation is not good for a lot of people!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Angry lesbian here, in my experience the majority of men are decent humans and would never feel the need to chirp in with “not all men” because they already know we are not talking about them. Same logic applies to Cis, straight and white.

Shopping trolly problem. There are no rules or laws that say you have to put your shopping trolly in the bay, there are no signs anywhere and there is nothing stopping you from just leaving it in the parking spot next to your car. But the vast majority of people do take the time and energy to put it back where it belongs for absolutely no personal gain at all.

The kind of person who just leaves it anywhere is the reason why we invented rules and laws.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I don't know, building up some speed and riding the trolley into the bay is pretty fun, does that count as personal gain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

marktheando posted:

I don't know, building up some speed and riding the trolley into the bay is pretty fun, does that count as personal gain?

Plus, the act of trolley penetration itself