Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Unironically impressed they had the self scouting ability to not put Easterby on it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

haha yeah dude

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Eifert Posting posted:

Unironically impressed they had the self scouting ability to not put Easterby on it.

Someone photoshop him to be on it.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If the pamphlet wanted to really be accurate there shouldn't have been anyone in the picture of the stands either

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Tony Busbee, noted local shithead, and former neighbor to Bob McNair when he was alive, has sued DeShaun Watson

https://twitter.com/adamjwexler/status/1372030777358172162?s=21

b0ng fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 17, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man I hope there's nothing to this. I want to like Deshaun

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

Man I hope there's nothing to this. I want to like Deshaun

Judging by who is bringing the lawsuit I’m not worried

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So what else makes this lawyer a local poo poo head? Other than having enough money to be neighbors with a billionaire.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He bought all those billboards begging the Texans to draft JFF :v:

Google shows me some pretty standard rich shithead stuff. Supported Perry, supported Trump, gave $500K to the Trump inauguration committee. Nothing about being some kind of ambulance chaser though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So what else makes this lawyer a local poo poo head? Other than having enough money to be neighbors with a billionaire.

https://twitter.com/undisputed/status/905114564391452672

Also ran against the mayor and his campaign consisted of racism and transphobia https://www.equalitytexas.org/for-i...on-mayors-race/

Also got a DWI, for which he was sentenced to 12 months probation by the DA; he got off four months early and financially contributed to the DA's campaign like a year earlier https://www.abqjournal.com/914269/lawyers-group-questions-houston-attorneys-dwi-dismissal.html

Also despite being a lawyer this is the only case he's posted about of his on social media

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Why is Notes always used for this sort of thing nowadays? Put out a press release.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is Notes always used for this sort of thing nowadays? Put out a press release.
It's a way to post longform on Twitter without being restricted to the character limit

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's a way to post longform on Twitter without being restricted to the character limit

It’s still dumb because it is easy enough to have your PR people go to the minimal effort of taking a screenshot of a .pdf or something.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The galaxy brain take here is that they're setting up to trade him. "Our good Christian team won't tolerate this sort of bad character so we moved on. Praise us for our strict moral stance, to the point that we were willing to only take 3 1st rounders". Meanwhile everyone concerned knows it's bullshit.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Conveniently released the night before the new league year on March 17th.

This saga is the off season gift that keeps on giving. :suspense:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I have no idea whether to believe it or not, which says a lot about the Texans. It's counter productive to drag him through the mud before he is gone, not after you make the deal, and it doesn't make much sense to use it as a "well we don't want this guy on the team now, we'll trade him so we can get someone with v a l u e s" because of the first point.

On the other hand, it does seem a little suspicious and oddly timed but if 23 years of SVU has taught me anything it's everyone has their own pace as far as coming forward with their story

If this was any other player and team it wouldn't even be a question, which circles back to my original point of saying a lot about the Texans.

If it turns out there is a real victim whenever the filing gets published then she does deserve benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet, just people looking for it with no luck

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I never like forming opinions early on these things either way. I'm just a guy reading internet clippings so what the gently caress do I know. I do instinctively want to listen to the victim in all cases because their voices are regularly silenced. It says a lot about the Texans organization that my first reaction is that this is bullshit.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Tony Buzbee is such a slimeball he made Turner seem respectable in the mayoral race. If there is a real case against Watson and the victim brought him in they made a huge mistake.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Comrayn posted:

Tony Buzbee is such a slimeball he made Turner seem respectable in the mayoral race. If there is a real case against Watson and the victim brought him in they made a huge mistake.

Yeah, if you in any way, shape or form agree with Buzbee, you should think long and hard about your stance.

He also bought a tank and parked it on the street in his neighborhood saying there were no laws regulating tank parking. As someone whose neighbor parked a large trailer on the street for a few months, I understand his neighbors disdain.

This also happened to him: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Dallas-woman-destroys-300K-worth-of-art-at-12456018.php.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The most Texas thing

quote:

Buzbee's landmark victory came in 2009, when he won $100 million for Texas City residents affected by toxic discharge from the local BP plant. It was heralded as the largest verdict ever against the oil giant, winning Buzbee much acclaim. A federal judge cut the award by $99 million months later.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nodoze posted:

I have no idea whether to believe it or not, which says a lot about the Texans. It's counter productive to drag him through the mud before he is gone, not after you make the deal, and it doesn't make much sense to use it as a "well we don't want this guy on the team now, we'll trade him so we can get someone with v a l u e s" because of the first point.

On the other hand, it does seem a little suspicious and oddly timed but if 23 years of SVU has taught me anything it's everyone has their own pace as far as coming forward with their story

If this was any other player and team it wouldn't even be a question, which circles back to my original point of saying a lot about the Texans.

If it turns out there is a real victim whenever the filing gets published then she does deserve benefit of the doubt. I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet, just people looking for it with no luck

I 100% understand how you feel. My general attitude is to believe the victim unless there's a good reason not to after evidence is presented. But there's an awful lot of weird coincidences in this thing.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I 100% understand how you feel. My general attitude is to believe the victim unless there's a good reason not to after evidence is presented. But there's an awful lot of weird coincidences in this thing.

After seeing the new info yeah it's more likely that he did it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
What new evidence?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Not evidence (yet), but the actual lawsuit is much more detailed than what has been reported yesterday:

https://twitter.com/JetsIslandIG/status/1372207189125914626

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Neil Armbong posted:

He also bought a tank and parked it on the street in his neighborhood saying there were no laws regulating tank parking. As someone whose neighbor parked a large trailer on the street for a few months, I understand his neighbors disdain.

counterpoint: this owns

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sad Watson's got to spend Rusty Hardin lawyer fees but I guess you might as well get the best defense guy Houston has to offer

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1372229063536959490

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

Sad Watson's got to spend Rusty Hardin lawyer fees but I guess you might as well get the best defense guy Houston has to offer

Tepper will cover that poo poo.

quote:

Hardin has represented and won favorable verdicts for athletes such as Rudy Tomjanovich,[4] Warren Moon,[5] Wade Boggs,[6] Rafer Alston,[7] Scottie Pippen,[8] Steve Francis,[9] and Calvin Murphy.[10] Another former client is Roger Clemens,[1] who had been embroiled in accusations of having perjured himself before Congress over alleged steroid use. Clemens was acquitted on June 18, 2012, on all charges that he obstructed justice and lied to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs as a Major League Baseball pitcher.[11] Other clients include Michael Bennett[12] of the New England Patriots; Adrian Peterson, accused of child abuse[13] and NASCAR driver Kurt Busch, who was accused of domestic abuse against his former girlfriend.[14][15]

Hardin successfully represented Victoria Osteen, wife of TV evangelist and bestselling author Joel Osteen, in a civil lawsuit filed by a Continental Airlines flight attendant. The flight attendant claimed that she had been pushed by Osteen, and sought civil damages, but a Houston, TX jury acquitted her in 2008.[16] Hardin also won a favorable verdict for his client the estate of Texas millionaire J. Howard Marshall. A jury found that the estate owed nothing to Marshall's widow, former Playboy bunny and stripper Anna Nicole Smith, who married Marshall when he was 89 years old.[1]

oh loving great

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

so two shithead lawyers facing off

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Yeah with Joe Jamail dead Buzbee vs Hardin is the heavyweight title fight of Houston lawyers

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

King Hong Kong posted:

It’s still dumb because it is easy enough to have your PR people go to the minimal effort of taking a screenshot of a .pdf or something.
I never said it wasn't dumb

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Easterby hates handjobs. It's the reason he left the Patriots.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Easterby hates handjobs. It's the reason he left the Patriots.

Not a godly form of sexual congress

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Buzbee announcing more lawsuits against Watson:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMh_LU6pnw1/

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

b0ng posted:

Buzbee announcing more lawsuits against Watson:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMh_LU6pnw1/

As an aside to the actual important things, the assertion "I've never been a Texans fan" from a guy who launched a campaign for the Texans to draft Johnny Football is pretty funny.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

King Hong Kong posted:

As an aside to the actual important things, the assertion "I've never been a Texans fan" from a guy who launched a campaign for the Texans to draft Johnny Football is pretty funny.

Yeah I thought that was kind of funny

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

If you hate the Texans wanting them to draft Johnny makes all the sense in the world.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
This all still feels entirely too conveniently timed and some details seem off, but I believe the accusers until proven false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

This all still feels entirely too conveniently timed and some details seem off, but I believe the accusers until proven false.

The conspiracy theory though doesn’t make sense if you think about it because either you devalue the trade asset or you burn your bridges so bad that you might outright lose your team. What’s the upside?