Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Starting out with the Beeple thing on the new episode is interesting. I don't really understand how the NFT system works but that guy has been making a new piece of digital art every single day for years and it's kind of funny to see him suddenly get ~$70 million for it out of nowhere because of some incomprehensible blockchain bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Getting dot com bubble vibes from all the companies that explain how they make their money with meaningless jargon.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Starting out with the Beeple thing on the new episode is interesting. I don't really understand how the NFT system works but that guy has been making a new piece of digital art every single day for years and it's kind of funny to see him suddenly get ~$70 million for it out of nowhere because of some incomprehensible blockchain bullshit.

From what I understand, beeple had sold the art to someone else for $66,000 or something and that person turned around and sold it for $69 million.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I literally do not understand what blockchain is and I refuse to learn at this point but it sounds even more fake than normal tech bubble poo poo

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mr Hootington posted:

From what I understand, beeple had sold the art to someone else for $66,000 or something and that person turned around and sold it for $69 million.

ok nevermind that sucks

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I literally do not understand what blockchain is and I refuse to learn at this point but it sounds even more fake than normal tech bubble poo poo

Some nerd poo poo that doesn't matter tbh

THS
Sep 15, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

its evil and a sign of a decadent and failed society, thats all you need to know

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
It's fun to see the start of a new tulip mania. It's always a good sign when one of the driving forces of your thing skyrocketing in value is "I don't know, people got bored during the pandemic and got desperate for a new way to show off how much money they had."

Kind of like how Wall Street Bets supposedly saw a surge in interest over the pandemic because sports gamblers were bored and needed a fix so they jumped into day trading.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
monetizing the experience of being trapped in the bowels of a dying monster.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m glad Adam was wearing whatever footwear he needed to save the episode.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

net work error posted:

Some nerd poo poo that doesn't matter tbh

Unfortunately it does matter, but only in that

THS posted:

its evil and a sign of a decadent and failed society, thats all you need to know

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
NFT's are also somehow already using more energy than bitcoin mining lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

General Dog posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
What the gently caress is gooner?

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Gripweed posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C._supporters

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Not sure I'm on board with Felix's analysis of Gossip Girl as a whole, but it HAS been fun to watch

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gripweed posted:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gooning

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

General Dog posted:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Good ep, enjoyed hearing the boys just riff. They sounded like they were having fun.

General Dog posted:

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea chapo is fun when it's just the fellas riffing off random current events. Just Will going 'you guys hear about...' and everyone just rambling on is fun. Plus as much as Matt is good and usually correct him not there to scream "HELLWORLD" every so often meant things could be a little looser.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sexpig by night posted:

It's way more destructive than normal tech startup bullshit

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea chapo is fun when it's just the fellas riffing off random current events. Just Will going 'you guys hear about...' and everyone just rambling on is fun. Plus as much as Matt is good and usually correct him not there to scream "HELLWORLD" every so often meant things could be a little looser.

lmao do you remember the first episode after the 2016 election when Virgil talked about signs that made him hopeful and Matt just bodied him?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jonas Albrecht posted:

lmao do you remember the first episode after the 2016 election when Virgil talked about signs that made him hopeful and Matt just bodied him?

it was so good, like I do agree leftism growing needs to have an optimistic element but after that loving election it was so funny to hear Matt just shout "IT'S HELLWORLD" every time Virgil pointed something out.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

matt was right

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I am enjoying felix adding dark souls references to his repertoire though

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1370492627116769281?s=20

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I only saw S1 of Gossip Girl but kind of loved their episode about it. The idea that its basically a CW sanitized version of Epstein peddling child sex slaves was extremely on point.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The Time For My Stories about Gunsmoke was very good, and them riffing about getting an RGB Kraftmatic Bed from google adsense was hilarious.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

The Sons of Anarchy episode of Time For My Stories stunk but the rest have been good. Gunsmoke has been the best one so far.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Big Bidness posted:

The Sons of Anarchy episode of Time For My Stories stunk but the rest have been good. Gunsmoke has been the best one so far.

Yeah, I think the problem with that one is they didn't really have an outline for the show yet, so it was kind of directionless

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea SoA sucks for like the first half of season one while they only have a weak framework of 'what if hamlet, but bikers' and no real way to use the genuinely good cast they had.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mae posted:

The Time For My Stories about Gunsmoke was very good, and them riffing about getting an RGB Kraftmatic Bed from google adsense was hilarious.

Haven't seen it yet, but I kind of always saw Marshall Dillon as a sort of Old Testament God-figure, where his execution of judgement reveals whether the subject was righteous or evil. If he kills them, then they must have had it coming. If he doesn't, they must've been okay. (This applies for the later years, he was a bit more fallible in the earlier years.)

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 13, 2021

coathat
May 21, 2007

The gossip girl episode was good because I was probably 20 minutes into it before I realized that it wasn’t about Gilmore Girls. Which marks me as an alpha male of extreme power.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

coathat posted:

The gossip girl episode was good because I was probably 20 minutes into it before I realized that it wasn’t about Gilmore Girls. Which marks me as an alpha male of extreme power.

They should definitely do Gilmore Girls at some point though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

Haven't seen it yet, but I kind of always saw Marshall Dillon as a sort of Old Testament God-figure, where his execution of judgement reveals whether the subject was righteous or evil. If he kills them, then they must have had it coming. If he doesn't, they must've been okay. (This applies for the later years, he was a bit more fallible in the earlier years.)

I've never seen the show but that tracks for the radio series. Dillon likes his fellow man well enough, but his role as Marshal isolates him, and it's clear that it takes a toll on him.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1370503281382846465

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

coathat posted:

When I started it I also had Gilmore Girls in my mind. I also didn’t know the Gossip Girl guy was a rapist irl.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man even laughing at this terrible poo poo is getting old.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

coathat posted:

My wife's been watching Gilmore girls recently and that show is racist, ableist, and anti-gay as hell. Very much a product of 15 years ago. It would get torn to shreds now. I sort of wonder if the writers would keep all the anti-gay humor and racial caricatures if they were writing a sitcom now or if their views have evolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

My wife's been watching Gilmore girls recently and that show is racist, ableist, and anti-gay as hell. Very much a product of 15 years ago. It would get torn to shreds now. I sort of wonder if the writers would keep all the anti-gay humor and racial caricatures if they were writing a sitcom now or if their views have evolved

You can watch Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and see for yourself