Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris Brookes is taking fashion tips from Kip Sabian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The Nature Boy Chris Brookes

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I did not think ChieDK would be working babyface.

I love it but was not expecting it.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

camel crab!

cramel!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Chris vs. LuluPencil is always cool as hell.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy gently caress this is the combat we came her for.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
jesus chie

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Pencil Army looking to do some damage to Emi Sakura's security deposit.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
The day I get tired of Minoru Fujita in overalls marching around chanting Pencil Army is the day I die inside.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Deathlove posted:

The day I get tired of Minoru Fujita in overalls marching around chanting Pencil Army is the day I die inside.

sadly MinoPencil is lost to the alleyway now.

Chie killed him out there.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris Brookes just committed a murder.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

Chris Brookes just committed a murder.

ChieDK really is the perfect team of murderers.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Lulu :ohdear:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Chris Brookes just launched lulupencil's limbs in random directions.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Chie should have walked back in covered in blood.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

CHIE WINS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Mei is such a pro

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Akki confirms there is no god.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Pencil Brookes!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Lulu with an amazing promo

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

CALAMARIPENCIL

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
whoa that's a big pencil

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chris Pencil is going to rule

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

This is literally the Hogan/Savage handshake

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’m sensing a swerve and Chris turns on the pencil army, leading to a singles match where lulu finally beats chris for her first win

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

No AEW sponsor? Was this addressed at all?

I just watched a bit of the Chie DK introduction before having to log off. I’ll try to watch it properly later and it was odd to see it missing though there are a lot more ceiling sponsors.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 13, 2021

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

No, and akki even said that deadlock was their “next and final” sponsor, so something must have happened.

It’s hoping that they’re now making enough that they don’t need to have aew pay them to stay afloat anymore. But there’s a small part of me that thinks someone at aew got pissy either because Mei has been using the logo in attacks or that they said something on one of their watch parties that pissed someone off.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Could also be as simple as something happening with the recurring payment and them not getting around to fixing it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I honestly assumed it was a work with Emi working heel in the tournament.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I don't think AEW has ever been a monetary sponsor, they've just been a passive "we let this program use our name".

The storyline is that Mei was jealous of Maki Itoh being able to go to AEW before her, so she took it off.

I'd guess that Emi doesn't see the need for AEW co-branding for Chocopro to succeed now.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Or they just forgot to stick it back on there after Mei used it as a weapon last time

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...

Neodoomium posted:

Or they just forgot to stick it back on there after Mei used it as a weapon last time

Mei put the AEW sign up on the window after the Janken tournament this show. So that seems likely.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They also use, and I quote Mei here: "lovely Tape"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Emi talked about an interview with Giulia in ShuPro where Giulia made some implied comments about Emi for an hour and a half here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsL9bYVW7Ds

(Various people have suggested that it alternatively might be a worked shoot, the start of an angle for a match, a legit airing of grievances, or some clout chasing from Emi)

Here's the most complete summary I could find from Reddit:

quote:

She basically touched upon a few points in the interview:

- Emi said in her interview before the match that she doesn't see hair vs hair as having the same impact as before seeing there is less/no shame attached to having short hair or having your hair cut as a joshi. Giulia was angry about that and said she made a hair vs hair match for this era. That despite losing her hair and title she still made her name big. Emi told her she was talking before the match, that the stipulation is old and not of this time and that the match stipulation is seperate of the ending that happened and the stories that came forth from that. That the idea used to be that someone lost and would lose their hair and look terrible and that this idea was super old, and that was the part Emi was talking about. Because now they showed you can lose your hair and look cool. So there is still ways you can go with it as Giulia is doing, but the "I will cut your hair and shame you" part is no longer part of this time. This was Emi's point all along that the shame part of it is gone.
And Giulia compared veterans (more than likely Emi) complaining about it being old as throwing a 'late janken' (see if the other person threw out rock, paper, scissors before you throw out yours) to win and appear more interesting. Emi said that Giulia saying that she planned to look cool and do whatever she want without her hair and title was the very same thing, and Giulia was throwing out a late janken to try and win this argument in the end.

- There was some talk about Gatoh Move booking where there was singing and dancing next to the matches and more of an idol atmosphere, and that while Emi was one of those that saved joshi wrestling she is also damning it with her booking. And Emi told her she hasn't done Gatoh Move in a year and that Giulia either hasn't been keeping up and doesn't know what she is talking about or that she heard someone else talk about Emi and that Giulia is just repeating their words. Not to mention that it is easy to blame Emi because she likes to go after other wrestlers and has a thick skin. (Usually talks about wrestlers to trade barbs and get them over more)

-Giulia talked about being ready to settle it in the ring if need be. And Emi asked her to settle what? That Giulia is picking the fight. And that later Giulia said it would depend on the company (Stardom) if it would be possible. Emi told her that is a very easy way out because Stardom doesn't need Emi Sakura nor Emi vs Giulia, Stardom does its own thing. Also said that if Giulia's hands are really bound in Stardom but wants this match she can come over to ChocoPro, it's Emi's company and she doesn't have to wait around for orders and can just make the match.

- Giulia talked about veterans keeping the younger talent down and talked about people coming for Momo (Momo and Emi talked on twitter after Emi's interview with Nanae, and Emi tried to be just as friendly and proper as Momo was during the exchange, and Nanae had the match with Momo) and that they went after Momo because she is too nice and friendly and that it was bullying. And that things like this is what makes the industry so hard for juniors, because they can't really talk back to veterans and it keeps them from making their own era.
Emi then told her that she could understand if Momo said it but that Giulia was basically butting in on something that was not her business. That Giulia was keeping talent down by acting like Momo couldn't stand up for herself. That Momo came out of that exchange looking good and came out of her match with Nanae looking strong in defeat and Nanae complimented her. But Giulia basically said Momo wasn't able to take on veterans and they only went after her because she is friendly and kind and destroyed everything Momo built in that. That Momo couldn't really create something with Emi if she wanted because she was portrayed as too kind and that Giulia already took care of it. So that Giulia is the one taking away chances and Giulia made Momo appear weak.
And that Emi herself, even if Giulia said she is destroying wrestling, would never muzzle her talent like that and would let them speak how they wanted and wouldn't let them appear weak like that or take away their chances to build something.

-Biggest point was about Giulia claiming she wasn't afraid to go against veteran wrestlers and promotions but didn't name anyone. Emi waited until after today's Stardom show to see if Giulia would talk about her interview, but she didn't. That is the reason Emi did the video. So Emi told her she was keeping a way out, where she made comments about veterans and other promotions and made everyone feel bad but didn't name anyone so could always escape and say it wasn't about them. Said that if she had a problem with Emi or any other veteran, and she is the cool woman she makes herself out to be, that she should just come out and name them by name. That it is very possible Giulia is just making an image for herself of being this badass who isn't afraid of anyone and can keep it up by not naming anyone because she is just putting up a front and isn't really talking about anyone in particular. But if that is the case to don't even bother saying it because it has no weight. But if she was talking about Emi or others to just call them by name instead of using an image of them for clout.
Said that she understood if Giulia was too afraid to upset Stardom management but that if that was the case she shouldn't act like she is someone who can just say anything.
And to do it out in the open, not in an interview only a few people will ever read, and people abroad will be unable to read in a magazine Emi is almost never featured in (before her 25 year anniversary interview it was like 10 years ago she was last interviewed). So people can actually respond in kind.

tl;dr: Emi told her "if you got problems with someone actually say who you got problems with instead of hiding behind keeping it vague, and do it in a way they can actually respond not hidden away in a magazine. And if you want to fight, I got a company right here where I make the matches so you don't have to worry management doesn't agree"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Emi is very against subtweeting

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Anyway,

CHOCOPRO #96: MVCHIE IN AN ALL CHOCO MAIN EVENT TAG
Today live on Youtube
Time: 10am (JST)/5pm (PST)/8pm (EST)/1am (GMT)

Dogglesnake Matchcard

quote:

The General challenges the Ace!

Lulupencil VS Baliyan Akki

Can anyone stop the Unbreakable General of Pencil Army's growth? Lulupencil might not be the strongest or fastest on the roster, but her heart is bigger than anyone else! Her burning will has won over another vassal, this time in the form of her old rival: DDT's Chris Brookes. Watching Lulu wrestle is like seeing the the next level of pro wrestling: a character that is truly relatable. Her arsenal is getting bigger, her wins now seeming just out of reach...could Akki be the first to fall to her in singles? Baliyan Akki is among the best in every category, a nearly perfect all-arounder. This high flying technician moves like a breeze through Ichigaya, unhindered and cool. The Ace of ChocoPro is deserving of his title. Surely this will be a simple feat for him, right? ...Right?

Daughter against Mother, the generation clash returns!

Mei Suruga VS Tokiko “Otoki” Kirihara

Dancer & the Devil! When you see the Supermodel Six-pack, Otoki, you'll be surprised to learn that she is the same age as Mei Suruga's mother! Having started wrestling later in life (but still fitter than many in the sport) Otoki is possibly the strongest member of the Fourth Generation. A merciless striker who has begun to dabble in brutal submissions, Otoki catches the eye of newcomers in short order. Can she finally overcome her younger foe? Mei Suruga doesn't appear to have a ceiling on her ability. The Big Apple has been making a splash across the world, shaking the walls of Ichigaya and stealing it's banners while doing so! The Genius of ChocoPro has a myriad of special pins and submissions of her own...but how long can brains beat brawn? Will this end with Otoki's Comaneci, or Mei's Lucifer? Prepare yourselves for any outcome!

Main Event Chie continues! Obi joins her to take on the Beauties!

Beauty As Is (Emi Sakura & Yunamon) VS Sayaka Obihiro & Chie Koishikawa

Like a poisonous flower, Beauty As Is is a deadly combination! Emi Sakura & Yunamon function like a long standing team, the two bitter rivals turned allies having overcome their differences in order to deal out punishment to their enemies. Emi Sakura has been cranking up her already high level of in ring skill, showing off brand new counters and speed previous thought impossible for the Queen! (Special Note: Empowered by her appearance at the Stardom Budokan, Emi has borrowed the moniker “Emi C” from a certain tall rookie.) Tropical Yahho! Yunamon is a sing song powerhouse who loves Pineapples, Evangelion, and flashy strikes! You'll be jumping out of your seat if you get to see one of her mighty lariatropicals or spinning back kicks! When these two work together, even the Champs struggle to keep them down. This might be Chie's greatest challenge yet!

What do you get when you give the mischievous Veteran Sayaka Obihiro a partner with Too Much Energy? A striking duo unlike any other! Chie Koishikawa is always cheery, but even moreso along side her Mentor and Pillar of Gatoh Move, Obi. The Blue Flame & Frantic Fencer always leave a mark on their foes, and this bout will be no different. Between the unique fencing chops of the Haunting Hero, and the almost magic pinning style of “Sprint” Obi. The bond of mentor & pupil is strong! Will we see new team attacks and the chemistry that only two wild hearts can have? Yes!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Show starts in an hour!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:siren:

we are live.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW sign is back up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU