Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Making British pop culture references is an easy way to get a blank stare literally anywhere else in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Bimini Bon Boulash

https://twitter.com/biminibabes/status/1369356687686197250

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

Eej posted:

Making British pop culture references is an easy way to get a blank stare literally anywhere else in the world

Four Candles

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Caught up on UK and Ellie, Ellie, Ellie what are you doing?!

I'm going to put it down to her being a kid and doing stupid poo poo comes with the territory but holy poo poo.

I heard that she was getting dragged on social media which I hope isn't doing her head in but who am I kidding, social media is a pit.

I didn't get Bimini's runway look, can someone explain it using the small words please?

I actually thought that A'Whora's and Tayce's runways where better but they did lose the maxi challenge so I can see why they got bottom two.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

An EastEnders challenge! I've been training 12 years for this!!!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I thought we'd be more likely to see a neighbours parody (gaybours?? Hire me ru) in UKDR than down under but east enders kind of rules that out

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Top 4 challenge spoilers:

I agree with this decision. No one deserved to go home for that challenge. Doesn't matter how many are in the last episode anyone because Bimini's got this.

Ellie should've been in the bottom sooner because she's got moves!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
This was making the rounds last week (I believe it's since been deleted):

Rose and Denali have responded in truly the best way:

https://mybestjudymerch.com/collections/denali-foxx/products/the-rosenali-weaponizing-diploma

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Read After Burning posted:

This was making the rounds last week (I believe it's since been deleted):

Rose and Denali have responded in truly the best way:

https://mybestjudymerch.com/collections/denali-foxx/products/the-rosenali-weaponizing-diploma

that’s my FRIEND and her friend with a design by my other friend... telling em what’s up!!
So proud of Denali. :) Her entire team has been hustling.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race S13/UK2 - Weaponizing BFAs Since 2009

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

All the eliminated queens posting their runways for this episode and looking better than the top 4's 👀

https://twitter.com/misterjoeblack/status/1370101108543197184
https://twitter.com/TheCValentine/status/1370141352693006337
https://twitter.com/awhoraofficial/status/1370101285916192768
https://twitter.com/sistersisterhun/status/1370115030289690628

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

That runway was MADE for Joe Black.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Joe Black is such an amazing looking queen, she's just really really not a RPDR queen.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

in my head I'll forever equate panto to an English wrestling promotion called RIPTIDE because they did a show called "Combat Panto" which is the first time I even heard the word, but I'm glad that I got a bit more education on the art from this episode.

I'm yet again baffled that Ru is judging a UK competition while still having no fuckin' clue about anything from the UK istg

angerbeet posted:

Joe Black is such an amazing looking queen, she's just really really not a RPDR queen.

Joe is like, the ultimate example of "incredible artist who simply isn't made for the weird ecosystem of Drag Race", but I'm so glad that Joe's got a larger platform due to their time on the show.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

gandlethorpe posted:

Top 4 challenge spoilers:

I agree with this decision. No one deserved to go home for that challenge. Doesn't matter how many are in the last episode anyone because Bimini's got this.

could not agree with this post more

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDa9AH2X3-4

watching Gottmik absolutely die inside at 10:02 is making me cackle oh noooooo

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Utica was absolutely living for the challenge while Symone was visibly filled with dread :lmao:

My gut says it's gonna be Tina's time.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > RuPaul's Drag Race S13/UK2 - Weaponizing BFAs Since 2009

Do it, do it!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Can one of you more familiar with Britain please explain for us colonials what "panto" even is?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Golbez posted:

Can one of you more familiar with Britain please explain for us colonials what "panto" even is?

Yeah, I had to look that up myself. I loved how Michele and Ru were talking about, "Oh yes, that's very panto," or, "No, that's not panto at all!" as if they had ever heard of it before they got to set that day.

Here's what wikipedia says: "A pantomime dame is a traditional role in British pantomime. It is part of the theatrical tradition of travesti portrayal of female characters by male actors in drag. Dame characters are often played either in an extremely camp style, or else by men acting butch in women's clothing"

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011

Golbez posted:

A panto tends to be a mainly at Christmas “comedic” theatre production where a bunch of c list celebs try to act around Peter Pan, Cinderella, Snow White etc etc

A dame is usually played by a grumpy old man in extremely camp makeup and clothes and are often the villain

They are great fun and semi interactive (when the bad guy sneaks up you yell “he’s behind you!” “Oh no he’s not” “oh yes he is”)

Tayce was definitely more fairy god mother whereas everyone else hit the nail on the head

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I can usually keep up with the Britishisms but this episode got me good. I've heard of Eastenders but I had to pause and wikipedia that. I thought the runway was Pantone at first. I've never even heard of panto mime but I love the concept.

Was the mannequin a reference to anybody?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Shneak posted:

I can usually keep up with the Britishisms but this episode got me good. I've heard of Eastenders but I had to pause and wikipedia that. I thought the runway was Pantone at first. I've never even heard of panto mime but I love the concept.

Was the mannequin a reference to anybody?

I've been watching EastEnders off and on since 2009, as I needed a soap to replace Passions (:rip:). The look/voice was based on Mick Carter (played by Danny Dyer, as referenced by Bimini at the start of the script), but the name was a reference to Ricky Butcher (source of "RICKAAAAAAAAAY").

It was rather random.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Grand finale is gonna be tight - I can't wait. I agree that no one deserved to go home but I initally thought Lawrence landed straight on their face and hosed up the entire season. But thankfully Ru didn't see them messing up their lines so bad and everything else was so polished. I was thinking Tayce was done for though with the runway and lackluster performance. They did the infamous thing of, "ive sent 3 queens home - im an assassin!!" - that means you've been in the bottom 3 times and it's close to how Cheryl Hole fell.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

You could really feel the judges reaching to justify the bottom 2. I mean it was probably correct, but "I was expecting so much more from you!" wasn't ringing true when she had a great look in relation to the others.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Normy posted:

You could really feel the judges reaching to justify the bottom 2. I mean it was probably correct, but "I was expecting so much more from you!" wasn't ringing true when she had a great look in relation to the others.

I get really annoyed by the like "It just wasn't Ellie Diamond enough for me!" critiques
She looked fine! And if she wore that on week 2 you'd have loved it! They don't get an ordering of runways so they can prepare and consistently step up their looks every week!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I genuinely think this was the most cocaine influenced season of this show yet. Seems crazy but maybe that cheap British stuff is better than I hear

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

So aside from Karen from finance having a collection of golliwog dolls and a tattoo of one, another DRDU queen, Scarlett Adams is getting a lot of really gross racist poo poo she's done come up including blackface and calling some random audience member a nasty rear end (racial slur) at a gig

https://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/felicia-foxx-scarlet-adams-blackface/

She's from WA which is a place known for really bad lovely racists so I'm not surprised

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Episode reaction: :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

This untucked is heartbreaking. All this time I thought Ru slept on a Casper mattress not Denali

The Question should be left behind imo

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tonight's episode: that was a really cool challenge I would like to see again someday, and I made a little frowny face at the ending.

This week's UK episode was also fun even if the references are mostly lost on me. I don't see how anyone could not be cheering for Bimini tbh

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

UK: Yes, good, lovely, no one deserved to go home.
US: The gently caress? :argh:
Also what the gently caress was with that psychic poo poo? There wasn't even a mini-challenge and that was the shittiest mentalist read I've ever seen. A queer person has a truck-driving dad with regressive views? Someone who lived on a farm had and fed a cow? What a waste of airtime.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I died at that extremely dumb beginning.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ugh this is a great idea for challenge and I really would have loved to see what Kahmora or Tamisha would have done with it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...bullshit.

the wrong queen was sent home, and she got so turbofucked by her partner.

side note, Kandy not getting read by the judges for things other contestants woulda been RIPPED over is exhausting. I know I harp on her every episode but it sure would be nice to have a week where she wasn’t doin’ or sayin’ reckless poo poo!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Not this

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I am very annoyed right now

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The worst part is she would've slayed that lip sync had she not been in a restrictive outfit that wasn't even hers.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

The worst part is she would've slayed that lip sync had she not been in a restrictive outfit that wasn't even hers.

ayuuuuuup

so unfair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Aside from that, Gottmik really gave me serious Donna from Black Ink Crew vibes tonight.